• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, this is true. Most of the smash bros. crowd prefer the 4vs. However, you can still play 4vs in tourneys. It's just not treated as fairly as 1 vs 1.

So I agree with Chu here. There is a standard BUT I disagree with the whole imbalance BS. The only characters who are imbalanced in 1 v 1 are MK and Ganondorf (In a bad way). The rest are balanced. YES. Even Link, Zelda and Jiggs. Despite that, we should all know that it's not impossible to lose with MK or to win with Ganondorf. That's what matters. PLUS, there's such thing as low tier tourneys.

The End.

yani_

Smash Ace
So I was playing melee with my little brother before and he asks me this

"Is Fox a squirrel or a fox"?...Question of the day xD.

I've been playing a lot of melee lately. I miss mewtwo roy and pichu :((

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Everything
It's less of balancing & more of a community standard, a community of thousands mind you.
It goes back to Competitive Melee:

In the beginning, the West Coast used 1v1, Items On, 4(3?)-Stocks in all their tourneys. That was their community standard.

The East Coast however used 1v1, Items Off, 4-Stocks in all their tourneys. And that was their community standard.

Then they started coming together, becoming one community with a universal (minus stages) rule set that nearly everyone agreed upon which is the one we have today.

This transferred over as people started playing Smash 64 as well which is why it used the same general rule set. Then Brawl came along and the only changes we thought were neccesary were to make it 3-Stocks & 8 Minutes.

We could have a balanced game with Items On if we all really wanted to. Hell, we even recently considered allowing Food to be on to balance planking. But the vast majority of us want items off so that's a community decision.

As for Smash 4, that's again up to the community once the game comes out.

BTW, Sakurai knows the competitive community exists & he tries to please everyone. He knows what Wavedashing is and said it wasn't a glitch in Melee, he wanted to keep it in. He took it out in Brawl to close the gap between casual & competitive players a bit more. (Allowing you to Air Dodge Multiple times)

Sakurai himself has entered in a Smash tourney very early after Brawls japan release. He kinda knows his stuff. And considering that some Japanese Smashers will probably be working on the Smash 4 team, even though Brawl wasn't as fast as Melee (which he did on purpose) , it's only going to get better from here.

I've researched Sakurai quite a bit in college. He's probably one of the coolest & most social game developers out there. If you send feedback to him, he will most likely read it. I'll leave it at that for now.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewtwo should make a comeback yes. Buff up his physical attacks in terms of range, power and speed, buff up his weight / size problem (I'd picture him as heavy as Samus is, could even be heavier actually) and fix his B moves.

Shadow Ball can stay, so can Teleport (they could make it faster though for offensive possibilities) but they better fix up his Side B and come up with a better down B. Also, more range on the grabs - hell, make his grabs disjointed even (think of a spark / bubble kind of thing like Ness's dash attack, or Confusion from Melee) and he'd play awesome. To counter overpoweredness- don't make his attacks combo too much, but make them pack more of a punch.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
BTW, Sakurai knows the competitive community exists & he tries to please everyone. He knows what Wavedashing is and said it wasn't a glitch in Melee, he wanted to keep it in. He took it out in Brawl to close the gap between casual & competitive players a bit more. (Allowing you to Air Dodge Multiple times)

Sakurai himself has entered in a Smash tourney very early after Brawls japan release. He kinda knows his stuff. And considering that some Japanese Smashers will probably be working on the Smash 4 team, even though Brawl wasn't as fast as Melee (which he did on purpose) , it's only going to get better from here.

I've researched Sakurai quite a bit in college. He's probably one of the coolest & most social game developers out there. If you send feedback to him, he will most likely read it. I'll leave it at that for now.
THIS. I actually remember that interview with Wavedashing and the speed. Nintendo Power if I'm correct. ;)

As for social, I'm not quite sure about that, having been following the Capcom train for a while, but he certainly is more social than some other Nintendo developers.

^^Seems I'll have to post my Mewtwo moveset again.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
Lol, I wonder who he (Sakurai) used in tourney.

Mewtwo should make a comeback yes. Buff up his physical attacks in terms of range, power and speed, buff up his weight / size problem (I'd picture him as heavy as Samus is, could even be heavier actually) and fix his B moves.

So... basically buff up everything, right?
Mewtwo better come back in SSB4.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yeah, here's my Mewtwo buff moveset. I'm hoping to get some opinions on it.

Attributes: Mewtwo has received many major buffs in his attributes. His weight now has been increased by 10, making him the same as the Mother characters and Pit (20th-22nd). His running speed has also been increased to roughly around Pit's (14th). He still, however, retanes his walking and Air Speed from Melee.

PlayStyle:Overall Mewtwo hasn't changed all too much in his gameplay style from Melee; as he still relies heavily on mind games. His Confusion move (now called Psychic) is now a regular reflector as now reflected projectiles do damage to opponents, and also it now can trip up-close opponents, thus taking over the job of Melee's Disable. Of which, has been replaced by his new move, Gravity, which heavily contributes to his mind games. In addition, he's also received much less laggy standard moves and Smashes with higher kill potentials threw the use of his signature Spoon. All while gaining the ability to now hover mid-air similar to Peach. However, despite these new additions, Mewtwo is still a very floaty character and still is a big target, meaning he's still relatively easy to kill.

Entrance - Teleports onto the stage.

Neutral Special - Shadow Ball - Same as it was in Melee. Does 25% when fully charged.

Side Special - Psychic - Similar to Melee's Confusion, it now can reflect damaging projectiles and trip opponents, it can also still pull opponents through small platforms. However, the hit box has been decreased to the size of his AAA. Does 7%.

Down Special - Gravity - Only works on the stage. Mewtwo raises his hands up then down, pulling a directly air born opponent back down to the ground similar to the end of Zamus's U-Special. It does put the opponent in a stun state that increases the higher they were in the air. It's range is about 4/5's the size and hitbox of Zamus's U-Special.

Up Special - Teleport - Same as it was in Melee. Still has the most lag when done into the ground.

Final Smash - Psystrike - Mewtwo's signature move. He does his grab animation and traps the captured opponent midair in a 45 degree angle. Mewtwo materializes his spoon away from him and sends it flying through the helpless opponent, catching it in his hand. If done in the air, Mewtwo is left in a helpless state when done. The trapped opponent can be attack by other opponents while being trapped. Has knockback like Great Aether and it does 45%.

AAA - Same as Melee version, can be held down. Does 2% now.
Forward Tilt - Tail Whip - Same as Melee version, can still be sweet spotted. Does 5%.
Up Tilt - Psycho Cut - Summons his spoon and does a similar animation to Ike's U-Air. Has good enough knockback to make it a kill move but due to slight ending lag it's not as safe as it seems. Does 12%.
D-Tilt - Tail Whip - Same as Melee version. Does 6%
Dash Attack - Psycho Cut - Summons the spoon and does the same attack with it as a he did with a battering item in Melee. Does 15% if all hits connect.

Forward Smash - Psycho Cut - Summons his Spoon for a downward slash similar to when he held a battering item. Has good enough knockback to make it a somewhat reliable kill move. Does 14% uncharged. 21% Charged.
Up Smash - Same as Melee version. Does 15% uncharged and 20% Charged (if all hits connect).
Down Smash - Psycho Cut - Summons his Spoon for a basic downward slash, after the first hit the spoon then extends backwards 90 degrees for a second hit. Has major lag during the spoon extension time making not a very safe kill move. Does 12% uncharged and 16% charged for each hit.

Neutral Air - Discharge - Same as Melee version. Does 3-20% depending on the number of hits.
Forward Air - Psycho Cut - Same as Melee version but now uses the spoon for a slash resulting in a larger hitbox and range. Is much safer now it make it a new kill move. Now does 12%.
Up Air - Tail Whip - Same as Melee version. Can still be sweet spotted. Does 6%, 14% when sweet spotted.
Back Air - Psycho Cut - Summons the spoon and without turning around stabs the opponent. Similar to his original, has a smaller hitbox, nor can it be sweet spotted, but has overall higher knockback making it into a new kill move at high percents. Does 10%
Down Air - Stomp - Same as Melee version. Can Meteor Smash but it is still very unsafe. Does 7%, 14% when sweet spotted.

Pummel - Same as Melee version. Does 3%
Forward Throw - Whirlwind - Throws the opponent and sends them flying with a gust of wind. The gust may also blow other opponents as well. Does 10%.
Back Throw - Summons his spoon and without turning around stabs the opponent in the back. Causes the opponent to fall into a helpless on the ground state (like Snake's F-Throw). Does 12%
Down Throw - Tail Whip - Same as Melee version. Does 11%.
Up Throw - Whirlwind - Same as Melee version. Does 12%.

Other - Fly - Means Mewtwo can use his 2nd jump just like Peach's.

Taunts:
1. Same as Melee
2. Summons his Spoon and poses
3. Raises his feet of the ground by hovering.

Costumes:
Green - Shiny
Pink - Mew
Blue
Red/Orange
Black
Armored (as requested by Omega :p)

Codec:
Otacon: Snake that's! Buzzzzzz......
Snake: Otacon! Otacon? What's going on?
Mewtwo: ... Snake, I can fully comprehend your current state of mind. For a long time, I too have been trying to find the very same answer.
Snake: Wait! You're...
Mewtwo: Indeed. I am Mewtwo. We have a lot in common you and I.
Snake: ...
Mewtwo: Right now I feel privileged to fight someone like myself. Don't disappoint me...
Snake: ...
Otacon: Buzzzz. Watch out Snake, It's!
Snake: I already know. Snake out.
Otacon: Snake wait! Snake? What just happened!?

Picture and Video examples of New Moves:
Forward and Up Throws
Up Tilt and Forward Smash
Side Special
Down Smash
Armored Mewtwo
Forward Smash 2 :cool:
Forward Air
Back Throw
Final Smash
Final Smash 2

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I like the ideas for the B moves on your moveset, however I don't really agree with using the spoon as a weapon. It's more of a manga thing, and should stay there where it belongs imo, as it holds little significance.

Besides, I kinda like Mewtwo's Melee Smashes. Make his FSmash like Lucario's in Brawl but with more power, but keep the Melee sweetspot and make it larger.

Also, I'd want to make him more heavy weighted. I said Samus' weight before, but that'd likely push it. But Yoshi's weight, or a little lighter would be perfect.

I also thought of this idea before as his Down B. Make it something like Meditate or something similar in name. Kind of based of his Dex entry being something like that he meditates everytime to focus himself to battle at full potential. Could kind of work like an overall stat buffing move.

Mewtwo would use it, and the longer you hold down B, the stronger his stats become. That'd mean, more knockback, more damage %, more range adding Psychic effects to his attacks (think Lucas and Lucario's tilts and Smashes) and more grab range (like I described earlier, making it disjointed) think of the move as a mix between Calm Mind and Bulk Up from the games.
However, it's obvious that while using this move, Mewtwo will be a sitting duck. That's why the move would also heal after being fully charged (slowly though, think 1% / 2% / 3% damage each time after holding it in for longer than 15 seconds, making it still risky in usage). Mewtwo would also be a bit heavier after using the Meditate move, while becoming more floaty in the same time, thus becomming a more competent character. The effects would likely stay in place for about 1 Stock long but; the longer you charge, the longer / stronger the effect.
To balance it out, the buffs could be 'knocked off' if Mewtwo receives too much damage (think 70% or up after the usage of Meditate). Or is just hit by an extremely powerful attack that'd make him lose his focus (say, Falcon Punch, or DK's charged punch). Though, the more you'd charge it up, the less likely the chance. After charging up Meditation, you'd see Mewtwo glow (similairy to DK with his B) and he'd be able to heal himself slightly. Powershielding also would become much easier when fully charged.

This way Mewtwo would still remain his Melee attributes of being a character hugely technical, campy and defensive. While on the meanwhile obviously buffing his offenses. Also, it makes prediction extremely important when playing vs him, as there'd be a difference between each stage of Mewtwo's Meditation. Shadow Ball, plus Confusion with reflection / grab ability would help Mewtwo remaining campy, and give him options without having to use Meditation.

Think of it as a "reverse Lucario". Making Mewtwo and Lucario somewhat similar after all.

EDIT: As for a better explanation on Meditation here's what I was thinking of stat's wise. Ranking up to Meditation levels 1 to 6 (reference to the games).
Meditation level 1 (hold B for about 4 to 5 seconds); Mewtwo just becomes a little faster, some moves are easier to sweetspot (like F-tilt), but no noticable difference in damage %s, or knockback.
level 2 (6 to 8 seconds); Mewtwo becomes faster (though this'll be his max. speed, he's not getting faster after this, directly) and a little heavier (normally being Yoshi-, he now becomes the level of Yoshi himself) and his normal tilts and Smashes do about 4~6% more damage (max.). Sweetspotting is the same as level 1.
level 3 (8 to 11 seconds); Mewtwo will become more heavy (about Yoshi+), and also a little floatier (not like Luigi yet though) which would make some moves like Dtilt become easier to combo. AAA and grabs get far more range now, as well as Shadow Ball and Confusion becoming stronger.
level 4 (11 to 14 seconds); normal attacks do more damage (about 8~9 more, considering sweetspots) and power shielding becomes easier. More knockback on throws as well.
level 5 (14~19 seconds); Mewtwo reaches his heaviest level, which is noticable from the start (before being Yoshi+ he's now moving up to Samus+ / DK- range) and most of his move now have the Psychic / Darkness effect where they where not before. Mewtwo in this stage flinches or loses focus less easier than former levels. From this stage, jumps also get a little better (as in, jumping higher, yet more slowly), boosting his recovery, but yet, he'd be easier gimpable by Dairs (yet, with additional jumps and weight it shouldn't be a problem too much). All of Mewtwo's moves have high, almost Ganon-like knockback. Combos are mostly lost, but Shadow Ball charges easier and does 30~33% damage now.
level 6 (20~30 seconds, after 30 seconds, Recover mode is on); shield becomes insta-Power shield and upon reaching this stage Mewtwo already recovers 10~15% (not much considering the damage he could get in between charging his move). Moves mostly have Ganon / Ike like knockback now (bit less of coarse) and Mewtwo plays as a full heavy weight now, with more speed. Has about 1.5 or in some cases 2 x the range and power in some moves while maintaining speed.

If not 'maintaining' Meditation (as in, not charging up whenever possible) would make Mewtwo lose stages in his power, and so would hitting him with a strong attack out of the move. Also, when Mewtwo is KO'd, he'd obviously be brought back to level 0 in Meditation, which'd mean he'd actually have the most disadvantage out of any character to be KO'd.

yani_

Smash Ace
If Mewtwo came back with his exact melee move set that would be fine by me, I think some of his moves need a little buff is all.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I would want that to, hence the only move I'd really change is his Down B, but make that one heck of a move. :awesome: And to a lesser notice, his grabs and Side B while throwing in a bit of Lucario's characteristics, but different.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Melee mewtwo wasn't great. Moveset change please.

@chu: there are defaults and then there are standards. Learn the difference.

:phone:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Movesets have nothing to do with it really. Link, DK, Samus and Kirby have mostly the same moves in Brawl as in Melee. Yet DK and Kirby are better in Brawl than in Melee, and Link and Samus are worse.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Meh, I like the spoon. It's what gives my moveset it's orginallity. But since you're not a frequent poster here I won't bother you with the details on why I think it has a chance and why it's a good idea.

But overall it does seem we all agree on a few things:
Confusion should be changed.
A better weight
A different D-Special
Only a few buffs in his offensive ability (as to retain his mind game/tech status)

As for his weight I don't have much time to argue it seeing as I have class in a little while, but I do think it won't change that much due to Sakurai's opinion of him, so I made it closer to Pits as not to change him to much. But Samus's weight would be good if I didn't give him the ability to float like Peach.

Your stat idea sounds interesting and would be a good homage to the games stat increase moves. But I don't like how you put it: "reverse Lucario" as that does bring up the clone issue, of which, idiots seem to think they are (along with Lucario was the one to replace Mewtwo). I must say that it does remind me of Iron Fist (UMvC3) though. ;)

EDIT: Wait, maybe I'm thinking of MODOK. I don't remember anymore. :laugh:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
It's less of balancing & more of a community standard, a community of thousands mind you.
It goes back to Competitive Melee:

In the beginning, the West Coast used 1v1, Items On, 4(3?)-Stocks in all their tourneys. That was their community standard.

The East Coast however used 1v1, Items Off, 4-Stocks in all their tourneys. And that was their community standard.

Then they started coming together, becoming one community with a universal (minus stages) rule set that nearly everyone agreed upon which is the one we have today.

This transferred over as people started playing Smash 64 as well which is why it used the same general rule set. Then Brawl came along and the only changes we thought were neccesary were to make it 3-Stocks & 8 Minutes.

We could have a balanced game with Items On if we all really wanted to. Hell, we even recently considered allowing Food to be on to balance planking. But the vast majority of us want items off so that's a community decision.

As for Smash 4, that's again up to the community once the game comes out.
What I'm talking about with Standard is not saying "competitive standard," but I'm defining standard as the main way the game was built, which is 4vs with items on and all stages. Basically, default.

As an aside, the one thing I've disagreed with is the turning items off in Brawl. I can agree with Melee as it was a result of experimentation. But Brawl kind of adopted Melee's rule set and rolled with it. It really didn't test anything. I will say that items will help control planking and give a reason not to do it.

Yeah, I can see that. I do think he prioritizes the lower levels of play though, which is why we see all of these changes (which you mentioned).

BTW, don't be afraid to spill what you've learned about Sakurai here. I'm sure people would like to hear it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Meh, I like the spoon. It's what gives my moveset it's orginallity. But since you're not a frequent poster here I won't bother you with the details on why I think it has a chance and why it's a good idea.

But overall it does seem we all agree on a few things:
Confusion should be changed.
A better weight
A different D-Special
Only a few buffs in his offensive ability (as to retain his mind game/tech status)

As for his weight I don't have much time to argue it seeing as I have class in a little while, but I do think it won't change that much due to Sakurai's opinion of him, so I made it closer to Pits as not to change him to much. But Samus's weight would be good if I didn't give him the ability to float like Peach.

Your stat idea sounds interesting and would be a good homage to the games stat increase moves. But I don't like how you put it: "reverse Lucario" as that does bring up the clone issue, of which, idiots seem to think they are (along with Lucario was the one to replace Mewtwo). I must say that it does remind me of Iron Fist (UMvC3) though. ;)
I was a pretty frequent poster in a thread like this for Brawl's speculation though, so you can tell me anything. I think that already the way Mewtwo holds his battering weapons is a good homage to the manga Mewtwo. I think the spoon idea is nice, but I personally want Ness to be more like that, with his bat so... :p I'd think that'd be more true to both Earthbound and Pokemon.

"Reverse Lucario" is just an easy explanation. But to be honest, Lucario's moveset IS pretty much inspired by Mewtwo's moveset. I don't see why the character's can't be similar in a way like this. Being similar doesn't mean being a clone. And besides, it could make the match up between Lucario and Mewtwo that much more interessting. ;) I like it for example if characters "feel" like they are sort of made to fight each other.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Melee mewtwo wasn't great. Moveset change please.

@chu: there are defaults and then there are standards. Learn the difference.

Mewtwo was only bad in Melee because of the Game Mechanics. He was big, heavy, and easy to Combo because of it. He'd be VERY good in Brawl's physics.

Basically take Lucas and give it Aura Sphere, great grab range, tilts that rival Snake's in range, a rolling dodge that travels for miles, & a recovery that makes Sonic jealous.

Oh and a GIANT Shield that turns Diddy's bananas into **** due to how far away they'd land from Mewtwo after hitting it.

I'd main him.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewtwo was only bad in Melee because of the Game Mechanics. He was big, heavy, and easy to Combo because of it. He'd be VERY good in Brawl's physics.

Basically take Lucas & Wolf, combine them and give it Aura Sphere, great grab range, tilts that rival Snake's in range, a rolling dodge that travels for miles, & a recovery that makes Sonic jealous.

Oh and a GIANT Shield that turns Diddy's bananas into **** due to how far away they'd land from Mewtwo after hitting it.

I'd main him.
Just image how Mewtwo's Up Smash would be... :(

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Brawl Physics?

So I might as well as this since it came up in my head while I was working on the moveset.

In the new physics might Teleport have been an even stronger version of QAC?

As for the spoon:
  • Mewtwo first mainstream media appearance was in the Manga.
  • Satoshi Tajiri has stated the manga brings his vision of the Pokemon world to life much better then the anime or games.
  • Mewtwo can now use Psycho Cut which creates a blade of psychic energy for physical attacks.
  • Mewtwo's signature more, Psystrike, deals physical damage using special energy similar to how he creates his spoon to attack.
  • It's an easy way to buff him, similar agruments would be Ganondorf getting his sword.
  • There have been manga references in Smash before, such as costumes and Jigglypuff's FS.

Gotta go I have class now. Later.

yani_

Smash Ace

Basically take Lucas and give it Aura Sphere, great grab range, tilts that rival Snake's in range, a rolling dodge that travels for miles, & a recovery that makes Sonic jealous.

I'd main him.
This, 100%. I don't like the spoon idea at all. Mewtwo is epic without it. He fights with his brain.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't feel it either. It could be done of coarse, but I'd rather have not. As I said before, I'd like it better if they'd make Ness (and of coarse Ganondorf) fight using his main weapon. I don't think a costume and Jiggly's Final Smash prove much that the manga is all that important.

yani_

Smash Ace
Agreed. I mean on a personal level I think ness is okay the way he is but the bat would be pretty cool and would help the whole "clone" situation of ness/lucas. As for ganon I really don't care cus I think he was fine in melee and it doesn't affect me if he gets his sword cus I dont use him :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Your assuming that just because you can change the game that the balance is focused around that.

Take this for example: say I take SF4 and I make the time 60 seconds rather than 99. Or I turn Ultras off. Or make it to where you have two Ultras. Or maybe remove EX attacks. All of this going to change the balance because the game was designed for 99 seconds, about one Ultra per match (although it possible to squeeze two out) and with EX moves (the meter). Changing those would obviously change the balance of the game. Or what about Starcraft 2. What if you got 8 gas per min rather than 4. The game would be a lot different. These things change the balance. While there are options to change things, this does not mean they considered it when balancing. The design team can not try to make thousands of scenarios balanced with a limited development time. So they focus on one. It's clear that 4vs with items and stages are what they balance. If we assume they use competitive standards, than why is Link nerfed from Melee to Brawl. Also, final smashes are also part of the balance and you can see that from meta-Knight and Sonic's
I don't play either of those games. I don't care about analogies from games that have nothing to do with Smash. You're assuming you understand how Sakurai made the balance. All we know is that he created the multiple options so we can choose what we want. We have no idea how he made it. You don't either, so stop trying to talk for him.

The fact is he's never talked about balance besides the online thing and maybe small remarks from before Brawl.

The online thing will become a joke as you and Kuma will try to cling to it. The fact remains, the information comes from a reliable source and the data is objective and off a large sample. Just because online has issues does not mean there is a problem. In fact, if what Sakurai says is true, than there isn't that much of a problem because Ness and Lucas still compete. This is the character that is you have lag, you'll just miss his recovery.
The online is lag-filled, if any human player dropped out, the computers take its place. That means that the data is corrupted because of the computers. We're talking about HUMAN-playing balance. The computers don't matter.

As a side note, online is based on your connection speed. The game lags if you have a bad connection or if another player does. I can play Brawl online very well.
And that has nothing to do with offline balance in the first place. Balance only matters when only humans are playing it. Computer balance, which happens often in online, has no bearing on this. Remember, Sakurai made the computers, so he feels that the way they play is balanced. Which is fine. But it doesn't speak for how the characters are balanced for playing with by humans.

Ever left Smash Boards? You'll see more people talking about 4vs than anything and if you play them online you'll play 4vs with items. And yes, people do turn the computers on.
And some people don't. And you'd be surprised how many websites prefer 1 on 1. Once again, competitive gameplay is 100% legit and we wouldn't have that option of Sakurai didn't want us to play it that way too. He made a game for everyone to enjoy. That's the only objective thing here. His biggest preference is 4 players, but that doesn't mean we're playing it wrong. If you're saying that, then you're indeed incorrect. Nobody is. Except the hackers, but that's a given.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The only ones playing with items online are scrub Ike's, who spam Fsmash all the time. :glare: If most players turn off items, there will be none online.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Isn't this all coming from someone saying Ganondorf sucks.
I think so... :facepalm:
Anyway, I say play however you want. It doesn't really matter. I like items and gimmick stages because they make matches more interesting. Along with 4 characters(cpu or otherwise). You play differently, hey, that's how you play. It doesn't matter to me, or really anyone else for that matter.
@Diddy Kong: Ummm... No... Wrong. Honestly, a lot of people like items. I like items a lot, I sincerely HATE Ike. In my opinion, Ike can just go die in a fire. So... Yeah. Wrong.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
C'mon. Dude, Trunks is pretty cool, hell since Dragon Quest has a chance at Smash and Akira Toriyama draws and designs them, I'd say Trunks should be slipped in with Dragon Quest don'cha think? :cool:

Future Trunks is ****ing metal.

But he shouldn't be in at all over Kid Goku. That would go for everyone else, not just Future Trunks...

DISCLAIMER: I don't think a DB character ior any non-VG-related has a chance in hell of getting in. This is all hypothetical...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hmm, I guess the spoon didn't catch on. Oh well. I understand, and personally I don't think it'll happen (Sakurai's not that creative with his movesets :p).

Anyway to really get a feel for it you have to read the manga instead of watching the weird cartoon. I will admit that Mewtwo is bad *** enough even if he didnt have it. It is still nice though to have the option.

As for online, yeah it could be better. I either join a taunt party or I just run away from the opponents who spam items. I find it very hard to test your skills at all when you have 3 other guys attacking you at the same time. It's fun with friends to have 4 players but not online.

Online, IMO, would be better if you had the option to select how many opponents you play against. As it would be a better way to test skills, a lesser chance of getting an annoying stage, and the larger chance to turn off items. This is my wish for SSB4's online.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Voice chat with a mute option
DLC stages, characters, music, modes, etc
Stronger netcode
Host migration
Patch/hotfix system

These will all help make Smash's online pure badassery.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Try-Hyphen: Same. The lack of options combined with the very small amount of time to actual change things like items around was ridiculous. And that's if you're hosting a game. There should be no time limit whatsoever.

Likewise, the voting option is great and all, but not when 90% of the matches are all on one stage.(well, I'd take Final Destination over New Pork City, but still)

As for options, Metal Overlord put it best.

yani_

Smash Ace
I just a team match online.. Laggy as hell man. And one kid wasnt even moving at all. I pray that it's handled better in sm4sh

Agreed with everything metal said ^

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Does KI: Uprising have online multiplayer? If so, like Sakurai said, we might be able to get an idea of how good Smash's online will be.

Poppy I sent you a friendship request, sexy.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hmm it does have online, but I don't remember exactly how it works.

So either way I'll have to look up another interview.

Although I do wonder if he'll do anything with those AR cards.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Although I do wonder if he'll do anything with those AR cards.
I'm guessing those Uprising cards are like, going to be sold in stores and junk? That'll be weird. I wonder if he has plans for a Smash card game. I'd imagine that's a money maker.

Maybe it would come with a few cards, and you could assign the character you've been building up on the single-player to a card, then use it to battle friends and stuff. Wager items? Show who is strongest? Sounds incredibly dumb when you could just PLAY SMASH together but whatever.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
@---: About the Mewtwo moveset it's pretty good, I highly doubt that he'll use that Spoon Sword or whatever though.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Beats me, personally I'd like to see if Toise had any thoughts on this idea.

Also it's funny how even though I posted the moveset a month ago only now people are actually looking at it. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I don't expect the spoon to happen, but denying the chance it could is rediculous. Still it would pretty awesome if it did.

Read the manga.

I gotta go do some work. I'll be back much later today.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm not sure what kind of technology is involved, but it would be neat if you could set down an AR card, and actually control the character and play a match. :awesome:

Maybe it would generate a stage too.

ANOTHER IDEA:

AR cards could replace trophies as the collectibles. They would essentially be the same thing, buuut you could import them to a card and view them IN THAT WAY. Also, perhaps since battling cards would involve few animations, there could be fewer trophies in the 3DS version, but you could "play" as each one through the cards. Maybe you could equip stuff to it, win a few battles, and become the strongest Daisy in the whole world.

It's all very dumb.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
That's a pretty nice idea, Oasis!

The Wii U tablet has a camera, right?

So I have an idea: what if you could take of pictures of yourself or your house and then somehow make it a stage or a custom menu background?

Is that possible with the current technology?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom