• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

@berserker01: By that I mean give Zelda and Sheik a Down + B and change their transformation to a taunt button.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
might as well do that for pokemon trainer. Heck you can maybe change it so each direction counts as a pokemon to switch. Could open possibilities of having more than 3 pokemon (and would give a better merit to having a fatigue) Or just determine what pokemon you switch too instead of just going in order of Squirtle > Ivysaur > Charizard

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@ChronoBound: Can't really say that's big news (in regards to Tingle, not sure about returning characters).

As fir Sheik getting her own slot, it would be nice, but unless transformation characters have gotten their own slots in previous fighting games, then I don't see it happening. Heck, even if that happens, I see her returning as an alter ego.

Also, I noticed you were a big participant in Create the SSB4 Roster in the Brawl board. I am going to be running another round on it on the SSBU board. Would you be interested?
The closest thing I can think of a transformation character getting their own slot is Yang when he was originally an alternate costume of sorts for Yun in the original SF3.

Considering the time involved to switch between Zelda and Sheik, they might as well be separate characters. Compare this to characters like Litchi and Gen who switch between movesets with one input, just like Zelda and Sheik. Their switches are very brief. Unless they can make the transformation (and Pokemon switches) much faster in Smash, I'd consider making separate slots.

might as well do that for pokemon trainer. Heck you can maybe change it so each direction counts as a pokemon to switch. Could open possibilities of having more than 3 pokemon (and would give a better merit to having a fatigue) Or just determine what pokemon you switch too instead of just going in order of Squirtle > Ivysaur > Charizard
Doesn't that mean the pokemons can't taunt anymore?

Off topic: I'm gonna hunt for that Fuerte V Fuerte vid with them doing something epic at the start

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Spam comes from crappy, oval cans. JUST sayin :laugh:
I also been wondering... Remember when Mr. Sakurai said that he wasn't really focusing on Characters this time around (I think he said that)? If it's true, what would you do if only vetrans appeared as combeacks, and there were no newcomers? I would puke, then croak and die (Victini's not there) but then I'd come back as a ghost and play as Lucario :awesome: Also, to everyone, I'm no longer doing movesets. The adventure mode I made hasn't been done in some time too. but is still active. PM me ideas and I'll *TRY* to get them done. @Oasis Your Starfy and Wario project isn't made yet, my apologies ^^'

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Off topic: I'm gonna hunt for that Fuerte V Fuerte vid with them doing something epic at the start
Let me guess, then run back, jump, and taunt?

@Asage: Nope. Just the standard layout with a huge touch screen and a mic AND a stylus

@Kuma: Getting into watching these SSF vids especially when it comes to Dan winning

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
As one comment said, that's what we do every time we have mirror match. I, at the very least, do it for these reasons.

1. The Fuerte mirror match is absolute bonkers, both in a good and in a bad way.
2. It's a sign of respect from a fellow Fuerte player.
3. We're a rare breed so it's nice to see someone else play him.

What about the wiimote nunchuk and classic controller?

If the Wii U controller will have the bonus controls, what will happen to the wiichuk and CC?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
What about the wiimote nunchuk and classic controller?

If the Wii U controller will have the bonus controls, what will happen to the wiichuk and CC?
This gave me an idea. It's not new to the gaming world, but what if Mr. Sakurai makes a special Controller for SSB4? Sales: Level up!
Are they making a Nunchuk/Classic Controller for the Wii-U?

This gave me an idea. It's not new to the gaming world, but what if Mr. Sakurai makes a special Controller for SSB4? Sales: Level up!
As long as it's as comfortable as the Gamecube controller plus it's not wireless, I'm fine with it.

@Kuma: I also found this Video of this Justing Wong guy using Dan to beat Air's Ryu O_O
Are they making a Nunchuk/Classic Controller for the Wii-U?
Nope.

Just the similar ones you know from the wii

It'll be wireless, I can say that for a fact (If it happens).
Points for the Spongebob reference

Lots of people have trouble with wireless controllers in tourneys BUT then again, I guess there needs to be a balance between casuals and competitives. Just please, make it at least a USB controller

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Points for the Spongebob reference

Lots of people have trouble with wireless controllers in tourneys BUT then again, I guess there needs to be a balance between casuals and competitives. Just please, make it at least a USB controller
Is there good USB connections? Like in the front of the system? If so, then maybe. But doesn't Mr. Sakurai hate competitve play? I may be wrong, so idk. But if it's true, then he wouldn't, right?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183

the price to pay for being 3 characters and wanting a down B

It'll be wireless, I can say that for a fact (If it happens).
There is no money if its wireless, because the classic controller exists already.

the price to pay for being 3 characters and wanting a down B

How about this:

Up taunt - Charizard
Down taunt - Ivysaur
Side taunt (Or Forward taunt) - Squirtle
(Left taunt) - New pokemon

To taunt, just click the taunt button of the current pokemon you are using.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

How about this:

Up taunt - Charizard
Down taunt - Ivysaur
Side taunt (Or Forward taunt) - Squirtle
(Left taunt) - New pokemon

To taunt, just click the taunt button of the current pokemon you are using.
Lol he comes in with Stunfisk for the new PKMN XD

Not just wireless, bro. A controller fit for SSB4. Like the Microphone and Gun.
Not surely fit for the competitive play-- Are you talking about the Wii U controller or this new "Sakurai" controller you're suggesting?
Lol he comes in with Stunfisk for the new PKMN XD
I still have no idea what you are talking about due to my poor pokemon knowledge.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Not surely fit for the competitive play-- Are you talking about the Wii U controller or this new "Sakurai" controller you're suggesting?
>_> U missed the conversation, I'm guessing lol
Naw, The problem with the Wii-U controller now is that it isn't suited for this SSB4 game, so I proposed that maybe Sakurai will make a new controller. But some ppl want it to be wired and wireless. It would raise sales on SSB4 by a slight gain, but better then none.
Also this is Stunfisk:

Alright, guys, I'm outsy, cya

Woah woah woah. Hold it there.

The thread forbids the use of the word derp. Use it in the group. PLUS, only certain people has the right to use the word

Anyway, see ya

It'll be like buying a dumb mario kart wii steering wheel, its just a dumb socket to put your wii mote in. As if you can't just turn the wii mote correctly -_-;
Not really.

If this has the same layout as the GC controller then I'm buying it (Unsure about the likeliness).

If not then I'll go with what you said.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hmm, looking at the Zelda news, I'm starting to think that SS won't change too much of the character pool for the Zelda series. If anything, based on this I'm only expecting for Link and Sheik to get new moves modeled after the ones they use in SS.

As for the PT taunts: just assign 3 of the taunts to each Pokemon, and using the remaining button plus the button that is used for the Pokemon already out in order to give each Pokemon 2 taunts.

Wii U Controller? I don't think it'll be that bad. I own a portable NES system that looks like this:

I play it just fine as a handheld or when I play it on my T.V.

The controller issue is being blown way out of hand like it was when Brawl was 1st announced IMO. The only major difference I see is the C-Stick moved a bit and the lack of the Z button. Either way if you don't like it then just use the controllers that we've been using since '08.

Hmm, looking at the Zelda news, I'm starting to think that SS won't change too much of the character pool for the Zelda series. If anything, based on this I'm only expecting for Link and Sheik to get new moves modeled after the ones they use in SS.

As for the PT taunts: just assign 3 of the taunts to each Pokemon, and using the remaining button plus the button that is used for the Pokemon already out in order to give each Pokemon 2 taunts.

Wii U Controller? I don't think it'll be that bad. I own a portable NES system that looks like this:

I play it just fine as a handheld or when I play it on my T.V.

The controller issue is being blown way out of hand like it was when Brawl was 1st announced IMO. The only major difference I see is the C-Stick moved a bit and the lack of the Z button. Either way if you don't like it then just use the controllers that we've been using since '08.
I'm not saying the Wii U controller will be bad. In fact, I'm looking forward to it.

It's just that it's not the proper controller to use in competitive play by the looks of it HOWEVER there will be one brave soul that might use it in tourneys and place well

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Sorry if I was a bit rude there, I just got here and I'm confused at what the topic is currently so I'm just going based off of what people are posting.

But out of curiosity which controllers are o.k./used in competitive play the most outside of the GC Controller?

Sorry if I was a bit rude there, I just got here and I'm confused at what the topic is currently so I'm just going based off of what people are posting.

But out of curiosity which controllers are o.k./used in competitive play the most outside of the GC Controller?
It's alright

Controllers used for competitive play? I think it's the wiichuk. There are some who win tourneys with the controller (I know one and he's REALLY good). I don't see much using the CC though.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Not just wireless, bro. A controller fit for SSB4. Like the Microphone and Gun.
Perhaps a, dare I say it, an analog arcade stick?

Because that would make me the happiest panda ever.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's alright

Controllers used for competitive play? I think it's the wiichuk. There are some who win tourneys with the controller (I know one and he's REALLY good). I don't see much using the CC though.
No CC? Weird. I thought it would be used the most out of the 3.

Oh well. It's nice to know there's another option.

Although might there be a 3DS to Wii U hook up so you can use the 3DS as a controller like the GBA was to the GC? If so would it work for competitive play?

Although might there be a 3DS to Wii U hook up so you can use the 3DS as a controller like the GBA was to the GC? If so would it work for competitive play?
2 words: Circle pad

I think I'll have to explain. The circle pad is good but it doesn't really give that certain "feeling" that an analog stick gives when you move it. Err.... What do you call that?

Yeah, we competitive players have a lot of requirements. Lol.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
2 words: Circle pad

I think I'll have to explain. The circle pad is good but it doesn't really give that certain "feeling" that an analog stick gives when you move it. Err.... What do you call that?

Yeah, we competitive players have a lot of requirements. Lol.
lol

But yeah, I see what you mean. After 13 years (if SSB4 comes out in '14) of using the GC controller it's tough to find a replacement.

I'm just hoping with the rumored GC on the Virtual Console that Nintendo will help support a new version of the GC controller instead of the CC.

But it's hitting myself as well, I love the GC controller. So all I can say to this is:

"I don't like CHANGE!" :(

lol

But yeah, I see what you mean. After 13 years (if SSB4 comes out in '14) of using the GC controller it's tough to find a replacement.

I'm just hoping with the rumored GC on the Virtual Console that Nintendo will help support a new version of the GC controller instead of the CC.

But it's hitting myself as well, I love the GC controller. So all I can say to this is:

"I don't like CHANGE!" :(
Same here. I'm too used to my GC controller.

But, if there aren't anymore options then I'll have to adapt to a new controller :urg:

I'm buying Kirby Returns to Dreamland soon. I'm gonna be busy for the next few days

Edit: No one is online at this time other than you, kuma and iblis? *Sigh*

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
No CC? Weird. I thought it would be used the most out of the 3.

Oh well. It's nice to know there's another option.

When it comes to controllers, CC is the most used out of the wii mote, wiimote and chuk and CC..

just no pros use CC and a few use Wiimote and chuk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom