• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Jiro is more of a dark horse, it really depends if Nintendo wants to promote his game and how well his game is received. Although he does look like a good Sonic replacement.

Off Topic: I finally able to upload the entire Orchestral Game Concert series to MediaFire. If anyone is interested just PM me and I'll send ya a link.

The series includes music from: Mario, DKC, Fire Emblem 3-4, Super Metroid, Kirby, Yoshi, Star Fox, Zelda, Mother 2, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Chrono Trigger, ect.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Also about Jiro he'd make good assist trophy material. If he appeared in an actual game for the 3DS I'd consider him likely.

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
True. But is he really a plumber, though? He is a knockoff of Luigi and Wario, you know. Maybe he just likes the outfit. :oneeye:
Well, not that I think this is ONE SINGULAR REASON to keep Waluigi out, but it would look pretty bad to have ANOTHER guy in overalls. That's probably why Wario's biker outfit is his default. :awesome:

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I agree with Omega just contribute, anyway when Pit got revealed for SSBB was he considered as a retro rep or what?

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I'd like to bring up the idea of Zip as a playable character for SSB4.

Zip is the main protagonist in Fling Smash. Fling Smash is a brand new Nintendo franchise, it was released earlier in the year bundled with a Remote Plus. Fling Smash is essentially a block breaking game and a side scrolling platformer rolled into one. I see Zip as a very unique character. He would be a very good aerial character, with very powerful aerial smash attacks. He wouldn't be as effective on the ground. Possibly a very fast character in the air, while one of the slower characters while on the ground. There is a lot of potential for a unique character and move set here. He even has a metal form in his game, so that could fit in seamlessly. Pip, the female character in the game and also a playable option could be an alternate costume in the game.

Here' s a gameplay/review video to give a better idea on the character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a46yWC_cd6Q

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Pit is no longer considered a retro rep since he is now relevant in this modern age, not to mention with his latest game: Kid Icarus:Uprising which is scheduled to be released soon, also same goes for Little Mac, while they are both known fro being retro characters they aren't exactly pure anymore.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I agree with Omega just contribute, anyway when Pit got revealed for SSBB was he considered as a retro rep or what?

His last game was on the Game Boy(Color). He was retro.

For the most part, n64 and lower can easily be considered retro. Or atleast lower than n64 for sure.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
It will be very interesting to see how Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land influence influence Mario newcomer support.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It will be very interesting to see how Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land influence influence Mario newcomer support.
It's funny, because I think Metal Mario could be pretty awesome... But I have a fondness for metaly things SOOO. Like, shooting enough fireballs could heat up his body to the point where it remains RED HOT for a while, causing damage to anyone that touches him. Maybe melt into mercury. Grab someone and bash them against HIMSELF. Stomp the ground to send people nearby flying upward (like the indirect effect of Dedede's F-Smash).

So cool~

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I hope it is more good news for Toad. So far, he's got some support from Nintendo in the following games:

- New Super Mario Bros. Wii
- New Super Mario Bros. Mii
- Super Mario All-Stars (remember the Mario 25th Anniversary promotion last year?)
- Mario Sports Mix (he's the only Marioverse newcomer)
- Paper Mario 3DS (Mario seems to have a new Toad partner; whatever this Toad partner does can lend some moveset ideas to THE Toad in Smash)

.... Metal Mario? No thanks! You want to play as Metal Mario in Smash? Go play as Mario and turn on the items and then pick up the Metal Box. Problem solved! ;)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
.... Metal Mario? No thanks! You want to play as Metal Mario in Smash? Go play as Mario and turn on the items and then pick up the Metal Box. Problem solved! ;)
How about Invisible Luigi?

I wonder what his palette swaps would look like.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Nothing wrong with entertaining the thought of terrible character choices that may be interesting. I mean, you do it all the time for that dog. :troll:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
At least there is no possibility the dog would be a clone of anyone... unlike a certain dragon! :troll:

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
It's funny, because I think Metal Mario could be pretty awesome... But I have a fondness for metaly things SOOO. Like, shooting enough fireballs could heat up his body to the point where it remains RED HOT for a while, causing damage to anyone that touches him. Maybe melt into mercury. Grab someone and bash them against HIMSELF. Stomp the ground to send people nearby flying upward (like the indirect effect of Dedede's F-Smash).

So cool~
what would happen when he grabbed the metal box? Metal Metal Mario?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I just want to be able to be guaranteed to FIGHT Metal Mario. Outside of multiplayer, that is. Sucks that a boss is taken out for no good reason. Same with Giant Donkey Kong. The Alloys are the only decent replacement we had.

But anyway, I don't mind palette swaps, etc. As long as they look like the other character. It's just fanservice, and nothing more. Which is fine by me!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
At least there is no possibility the dog would be a clone of anyone... unlike a certain dragon! :troll:
The dog will be a Wolf clone since they are both dogs. USE YOUR HEAD. Speaking of which, I wonder what Ridley would pull out for his Side Special? A Metroid? Get goop all over his opponents?

@Drclaw: Well if a Metal Box turns normal Mario into Metal, then Metal Mario would LOGICALLY turn into normal Mario. Or maybe it would reveal that under his Metal coating, Mario's body had long sense decayed into nothing more than a skeleton.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wolf is a furry (like the characters in Disney's Robin Hood). Duck Hunt Dog is a funny animal (like Disney's Pluto). Not the same thing.

Ridley would probably swipe the opponents like Bowser's Melee Side+B... I think that's fitting, don't you think?

LOL WUT @ Metal Mario turning into normal Mario via Metal Box and his skeleton is revealed :awesome:

yani_

Smash Ace
D

Deleted member

Looks like we will get AT LEAST another two newcomers for Mario Kart 7:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/amkj/character/index.html

Note: The characters shown on this site are not guaranteed to be all the characters in the game. However, I do think all the characters on the veteran side are likely going to be the only ones unveiled before the game's release.
The lack of Diddy throws away any chances of us getting a DK newcomer for that game.

Also, Waluigi was in MKDS. If he can't get into this game, what does that speak for his chance in SSB4?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Since Retro Studios is working on Mario Kart 7, obviously the secret character will be Dark Samus.

@Arcadenik: If we're being SRS, I think his Side Special would be a command grab (HIGH COMMAND GRAB?!) that allows him to drag opponents across the ground.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The lack of Diddy throws away any chances of us getting a DK newcomer for that game.

Also, Waluigi was in MKDS. If he can't get into this game, what does that speak for his chance in SSB4?

The lack of Waluigi is what makes me suspicious that there are probably more characters in the game than the site suggests. Waluigi has been in almost every Mario spinoff since his debut in Mario Tennis.

However, even if those are all the veteran characters in the game, at the very least we will be getting another two newcomers for Mario Kart 7.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yes, I was being serious about Ridley's Side+B. I want Ridley to stay true to the games (or at least as close as possible)... one of his iconic moves is grabbing Samus and slamming her to the wall and fly around. Brawl and Other M had that. Ridley should do something like that in Smash if he is playable.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The lack of Waluigi is what makes me suspicious that there are probably more characters in the game than the site suggests. Waluigi has been in almost every Mario spinoff since his debut in Mario Tennis.

However, even if those are all the veteran characters in the game, at the very least we will be getting another two newcomers for Mario Kart 7.
Almost every? Besides stuff like Mario Sports Mix which doesn't have a huge list of characters... any game that has a huge ton of Mario characters(and is a spin-off sports or party title), has had him in. I don't think he was 3-by-3 Hoops either. But then again, it had a small list of characters overall. He's not terribly notable anymore, apparently. Or maybe Square-Enix didn't think he was. Who knows?

But seriously, which ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom