• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Wasn't prai_mai confirmed to be "random"? I read that off something I think --- linked to. Plusle and Minun would be pretty cool tho, but I prefer Deoxys any day just to see a Deoxys vs Mewtwo (vs. Lucario)

Err... I forgot a lot of characters in my roster. Lol.

So here's my revamped roster

Mario series: 5
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Toad

Zelda series: 5
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf (With sword)
Toon Link (Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass based moveset)

Donkey Kong series: 4
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K Rool
Dixie Kong (I think she's worthy now)

Yoshi series: 1
Yoshi

Metroid series: 3
Samus/Zero suit
Ridley

Kirby series: 3
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Star Fox series: 3
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Pokemon series: 7
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Victini
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer

F-Zero series: 2
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh

Fire Emblem series: 3
Marth
Chrome
Roy

Wario series: 1
Wario

Pikmin series: 1
Olimar

Kid Icarus series: 2
Pit
Medusa

Retro franchises: 4
Game and Watch
ROB
Ice Climbers
Takumaru

Sin and Punishment series: 1
Saki

Golden Sun series: 1
Isaac

Xenoblade series: 1
Shulk

3rd parties: 3
Snake
Sonic
Mega Man

Newcomers:
Toad
King K Rool
Dixie Kong
Ridley
Victini
Mewtwo (Returns)
Samurai Goroh
Chrome
Roy (Returns)
Medusa
Takamaru
Saki
Isaac
Shulk
Snake
Sonic
Mega Man

Total no. of newcomers : 17

Total no. of characters : 50 (45 without Sheik, Charizard, Squirtle, Ivysaur and Zero suit Samus)

I'm all alone ;_;

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm making a Victini trailer, but I don't know how to get clips from the moive. Anyone know how? It's vital towards my VictoriousVictini project.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
So placing in Roy was Sakurai's idea, not Intelligent System's? Wow, I didn't know that, has he ever done anything else like that before?

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
All I really want from this game is for characters to be a bit more true to where they are originally from, such as Ike. Ike's far from slow as brawl likes to heavily imply even when equipped with Ragnell and canonically has a projectile when holding that weapon.

All I really want from this game is for characters to be a bit more true to where they are originally from, such as Ike. Ike's far from slow as brawl likes to heavily imply even when equipped with Ragnell and canonically has a projectile when holding that weapon.
If they were true to themselves then expect a roster full of broken/imbalanced characters.

But you said a bit so... Never mind

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Icon change

Shortie hasn't rated it yet
Alright, well that's cool. I'm not rdy for his outstanding ratings ;)

Also, I got some news about Victini, not new new, but maybe to you guys.
Factors to consider when deciding Victini for Sm4sh:

He can turn himself invisible.
He flaps his wings like Celebi when he flies, but slower, meaning he doesn't levitate with psychic powers. Shows that he can legitly have 4 jumps.
He's very mischivous.
He has healing powers. Could incorperate a move like Ness's (B)v, but not sure yet.
He can manipulate fire on his forehead, however it is actually like an Iron that is bright orange + V-shaped when it's ready to attack an enemy with V-Create. My Final Smash will change to fit this as well.

D

Deleted member

Notice how Lucario and Ike are among the last newcomers listed in that file listing. I am guessing that when Sakurai initially grafted most of the roster in 2005, both Lucario and Ike's spots were placeholders, "Pokemon newcomers" and "Fire Emblem newcomer". We already know that the Pokemon Company has a heavy hand in determining Pokemon content in Smash Bros. and that Sakurai did not know who to place in as the Fire Emblem newcomer, so perhaps this theory has merit. If Brawl's first stages of development were delayed until 2006, there is a good chance we would have ended up with Darkrai and Micaiah instead of Lucario and Ike.
I doubt it. Darkrai's movie didn't come out until July, 2007. I still think Lucario would have been in. As for Micaich, maybe, but Ike was in Raidant Dawn, so I think Ike would have gotten the upper hand.

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
*Does not know much about Pokemon*
*Is not surprised*

@SSBF U check out that moveset? There will be changes today, but did I forget anything? Or some cripplings about it?

Lucario made it as the very first 4th generation pkmn introduced as well. You guys DO know this, right?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I was hoping we got Chansey.

But seriously, how crazy would it have been to have Micaiah and Darkrai? That's insane. Also, what is the significance of the Luigi and Ganondorf thing? It's late and I'm not picking it up. ALSO ALSO, are you just saying leaks happen? In hindsight, we had the Lucario and Ness leak, as well as the Serebii man saying "Yo I knew about no Mewtwo and Lucario for a while", I've also heard that Serebii got a Luigi's Mansion leak as well. Was there anymore Brawl leaks? I remembering seeing Lucario leaked and thinking "DAMN! THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AN AWESOME SUPRISE!".
The Ness and Lucario leak also included Jigglypuff. In an interview on smash bros, David Hayter (the English Voice actor of Snake) accidentally confirmed Jiggz (Miyamoto did the same thing in Melee with Jiggz).

Also, there was a roster leak to Serebii that was 100% correct about 10 months before the game came out. There were hundreds of fake rosters, sure, but this one was dead on, and according to Serebii.net's webmaster, it came from someone who worked at Nintendo, and the source could not be revealed.

So if we get another roster from Serebii.net, it's probably true.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
If they were true to themselves then expect a roster full of broken/imbalanced characters.

But you said a bit so... Never mind
Yeah, I know of that possibility. I just want them to be a bit more considerate about some things. Certain changes to characters I can overlook, such as the Mother boys who are both support characters in their respective games. Those two having PSI like PK Fire, Thunder, Freeze, etc is fine in my eyes. But just to be completely off about some aspects of characters really bother me. Ganondorf being a clone of Falcon and Ike immediately come to mind.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Notice how Lucario and Ike are among the last newcomers listed in that file listing. I am guessing that when Sakurai initially grafted most of the roster in 2005, both Lucario and Ike's spots were placeholders, "Pokemon newcomers" and "Fire Emblem newcomer". We already know that the Pokemon Company has a heavy hand in determining Pokemon content in Smash Bros. and that Sakurai did not know who to place in as the Fire Emblem newcomer, so perhaps this theory has merit. If Brawl's first stages of development were delayed until 2006, there is a good chance we would have ended up with Darkrai and Micaiah instead of Lucario and Ike.
Probably not. Hard to read into something like that.

There were several Brawl leakers. I noticed the similarities between their rumors and pieces them together to get the "rumored roster".
Got a link?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
On Ike in Smash Bros:
Sakurai stated in an interview with Famitsu that Ike got in Smash Bros. because he wanted Fire Emblem to have a new character from a more recent installment and he did not know who to put in. Sakurai went to Intelligent Systems for help regarding this matter, and Intelligent Systems suggest Ike to Sakurai. It is important to keep in mind that FE9 was the worst selling game in the series in Japan (yes, even selling more poorly than Thracia 776). The only three games in the series to sell below 200K in Japan were FE9, FE5, and FE10. Another interesting thing to note is that Sakurai said he originally planned for Ike to have the Ragnell's ranged attack, however, he felt this made Ike unbalance so it was scrapped.
Hmm, I knew about everything else already, but not giving Ike his sword slash is a little dumb IMO. Eruption was too Roy-ish, and should be given to him if he returns, while Ike gets a projectile.

Although I still don't think sales matter too much, and if they do, then this is a major exception.

I doubt it. Darkrai's movie didn't come out until July, 2007. I still think Lucario would have been in. As for Micaich, maybe, but Ike was in Raidant Dawn, so I think Ike would have gotten the upper hand.

Agreed. Plus with RD having been in development about the same time, if not before Brawl, this is a major counterpoint against the automatic inclusion of Chrome.

Being an opposite example of what happened to Roy in Melee. I guess we're all still stuck on who the potential FE rep could be. Back to square one only with no BK and the addition of Chrome. :laugh:

The Ness and Lucario leak also included Jigglypuff. In an interview on smash bros, David Hayter (the English Voice actor of Snake) accidentally confirmed Jiggz (Miyamoto did the same thing in Melee with Jiggz).

Also, there was a roster leak to Serebii that was 100% correct about 10 months before the game came out. There were hundreds of fake rosters, sure, but this one was dead on, and according to Serebii.net's webmaster, it came from someone who worked at Nintendo, and the source could not be revealed.

So if we get another roster from Serebii.net, it's probably true.
I remember the David Hayter leak (although a original 12 leak isn't that big), and I knew that on Serebii the roster was known (at least by Serebii Joe) for quite a while, so like I've said before, Serebii currently is the only legit leaker.

Although 10 months is a long time, so I must say that says a lot about the development process, especially if that leak had Sonic on it. So that would mean M2 and Roy were scrapped much earlier than previously thought.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I don't buy that Ike thing, he still would have gotten in, heck a lord who's MORE prominent, Macaiih wasn't, she didn't even get AT appearance.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I still don't think a strong case could be made that Sakurai specifically asked for Roy. :/ Really seems like he just wanted the newbie, especially since that's what he wanted with Ike. I mean, he may have known of Roy by name and asked for him, but he only asked for him because he would have been the newest lord. He wouldn't have been looking to add Roy on his own merits since he probably would have known he would become a clone at that point.

THOUGH HE SHOULD BRING HIM BACK BASED ON HIS OWN MERITS. Dat fire sword.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Giving Roy Ike's Eruption move would be a good first step IMO. Eruption just seems like it was clearly ment for Roy.

Still at this point I guess we all just want someone outside of the generic Sword user. And seeing as Roy getting in and Micaiah not getting in is a major standstill on the game promotion debate, I'm starting to move towards the original FE ideas we had back in July and August, except for BK being replaced with Chrome.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Despite? His incredible popularity (not limited to Japan) would be one of the main reasons to bring him back. He's MARKEDLY different from Marth and Ike in appearance, and could be just as different moveset-wise... He's actually just a really good choice all around. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

Does anyone here seriously want Chrome or do they merely expect him?

If he does not differiante himself from Ike, he will get little genuine supporters and will definitely fall under the "expected, but not wanted" category.

OmegaXXII

I'm expecting Chrome only if Intelligent Systems "recommends" it to Sakurai or if Sakurai shows interest if his gamen is received well, otherwise I expect Roy and possibly Ike to return.

OmegaXXII

If he does not differiante himself from Ike, he will get little genuine supporters and will definitely fall under the "expected, but not wanted" category.

Like I said, only if IT recommends it to Sakurai, unless Chrome does indeed turn different from Ike in terms of moveset which I believe he could be, I wouldn't depend on what we seen from videos just yet, Chrome's style could be altered or diffirentiated from Ike's, thus he could merit a slot alongside him, it's still early to completely assume that Ike and Chrome are exactly the same, if so then I believe Chrome might get the upper hand since Sakurai might want the "latest" FE content in Smash 4.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

I know it's been brought up before and no, I'm not really interested in him at all. To me he just looks like another blue haired sword user.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Watch something FE13 related come out at E3 and it reveals something about Chrome that makes everyone want him. :awesome:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We Like Ike! No we don't!

Joking aside, if Chrome were to get in, I certainly hope he isn't an Ike clone.(he was the swordspear user, right?)

Also, Ike's moveset would've been great for Roy. And perhaps Ike could get something based upon his Fire Emblem 10 moveset. Fast, a projectile, but still a heavy hitter. Kind of like Falcon with a weapon. :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know what I hate about the Fire Emblem series?

The fact you can't grind levels.

In every RPG I play, the first thing I do is stay in 1 area and grind for 10 levels. Than, the next few areas are easy.

If things become difficult later, I grind more levels.

I hate having a team with disproportionate level men just because 1 level required using certain people for the strategy I needed to win

Edit: I meant you can't grind

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

In every RPG I play, the first thing I do is stay in 1 area and grind for 10 levels. Than, the next few areas are easy.

I hate having a team with disproportionate level men just because 1 level required using certain people for the strategy I needed to win

In almost every rpg, you mean. Illusion of Gaia only gives you levels from defeating a specific area. So it's not specific to this series. I prefer grinding myself, but I don't hate challenges either. That's half the fun of games, challenging yourself.

I think the point of how the game works is based upon storyline grinding. As in, you can only get levels through defeating the storyline. Makes it more challenging, and is less tedious overall. Of course, it does have the point of being harder to win, but still.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

In FE:Shadow Dragon, I remember accidentally grinding with Marth when I chose to play one (early) mission as him ALONE. The dude became SO STRONG I didn't have to worry about his level for the rest of the game! At least until the last two missions or something. XD

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Self handicaps doesn't seem like a very intelligent thing to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom