• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Yeah, it got pushed back to Q1 2012. Not that much of a delay, but it does delay SSB4 a bit.

Yes, he did say that, but finished doesn't necessarily mean released. Kid Icarus could already be "finished" and just has to go through bug testing and localization, which Sakurai wouldn't really have to be a part of.

Just because no work has been done, doesn't mean that they can't have a list of ideas going around.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
^ That's pretty much my point. The interview he had saying no work was done yet didn't really specify that nobody ever made any ideas whatsoever.

Of course, in game development, work could also means "ideas for the game", which is why it would've been nice if he acknowledged that list was a fake.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Chronobound, have a question for you if you are still around buddy. Let's say a new Donkey Kong character is included in Mario Kart 7, but it is Cranky Kong. How would that impact your view on potential Donkey Kong newcomers?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Cranky Kong as a playable Smash Bros. character? Funky Kong has a better shot at that, although at this point, nothing would surprise me... for the most part.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Cranky Kong could be the Fei Long or Oro of Super Smash Bros. lol :p

Anyways, just curious about Chronobound's thoughts on this scenario.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well, how about neither and include both K.Rool and Dixie Kong? Heck maybe even Donkey Kong Jr. from Melee's trophy??

:phone:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd say King K. Rool's the best option. If they're choosing one character.

Basically, if a character has the same body structure as another, the chances of having them being a clone heavily increase. I'd like to note that Jigglypuff and Kirby had a pretty decent list of similar moves in the first game.

Hence why I question another Kong. Plus, we need more villains anyway.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
Cranky Kong
Funky Kong
King K. Rool
Donkey Kong Jr.
Waldo
Krusha
Kudgel

This is the DK roster, confirmed.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Confirmed for lulz, obviously :awesome:

It's funny that one month you get ridiculed for something, and the next month it's considered likely haha.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Confirmed for lulz, obviously :awesome:

It's funny that one month you get ridiculed for something, and the next month it's considered likely haha.
I only find problems if someone try to say Naruto, Luffy, or Ichigo should be characters, when clearly, they stray WAY too far from the paradigm.
What's good with everybody?

Not much. Just staring at the boo... err... artistic value of your sig. :awesome:

OmegaXXII

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
Cranky Kong
Funky Kong
King K. Rool
Donkey Kong Jr.
Waldo
Krusha
Kudgel

This is the DK roster, confirmed.
I agree, these options definetly look likely to choose from, Cranky Kong could possible become a good WTF character, but one question, would he de considered retro due to the original game?

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Jigglypuff's body structure was nearly identical to Kirby's, so she got similar jumps to his. I'm not sure if she could use multi-jumps in the Anime or not. I think she could?

As for Rest, they could've made a better name for it. Atleast it's better than her healing all her health in this case, right? I mean, even 10% if they can't punish it quickly enough is pretty good.

^ Pretty soon. Sakurai should be close to finishing Uprising.
I don't think their body structure is really relevant to why they can multi-jump, but Jiggs has the ability to puff up and float/ride wind so that's what her multi-jump is based on. Also the fact that Jiggs is a Kirby in clone in Smash.
I'm just going by what Toise and --- are saying about Smash characters not being 100% true to their game due to made up attacks. Rest is supposed to look like a joke, but turns out to be the secret weapon. If she were to heal from it like it really should she would be the BROKENEST KARECTUR EVAR in Melee.

Let's face it, a lot of these moves - according to Toise, I believe? - are pretty much made up. I mean, Peach's butt bomb, C. Falcon's Falcon Punch, Luigi's Green Missle, I mean a lot of these moves are things these characters have otherwise never used in any of their respective games. So while Jigglypuff's exploding Rest, or Marth's high ego is odd, we also have to remember that Smash Bros. does represent a non-canon look at these characters through the eyes of what we presume (according to Hex) to be the eyes and imagination of a child.

I hope that wasn't too verbose. :p
Yea, --- was just saying they might do something similar to the "reasons" why Megaman wasn't in MvC3. Albeit being a popular character and important to Capcom they said creating a fighting move set for Megaman wouldn't be true to his game.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't think their body structure is really relevant to why they can multi-jump, but Jiggs has the ability to puff up and float/ride wind so that's what her multi-jump is based on. Also the fact that Jiggs is a Kirby in clone in Smash.
I'm just going by what Toise and --- are saying about Smash characters not being 100% true to their game due to made up attacks. Rest is supposed to look like a joke, but turns out to be the secret weapon. If she were to heal from it like it really should she would be the BROKENEST KARECTUR EVAR in Melee.
Well, considering you have a guaranteed way to heal, yes. If it's random and has a chance, it's not broken. For example, if Luigi's Forward B has a 50% chance, it'd be way too powerful.

And well, they're both puffballs, but I meant that she had a similar structure to Kirby, and was made similar like other Pseudo-Clones.(basically, ones that are still similar, but widely different. Luigi was nearly identical in the first game, but Jigglypuff was pretty different) Ganondorf is the only person I'd even call a clone in Brawl.(discounting stuff like Giant Donkey Kong, blah blah blah, who are technically clones)

Anyway, if a character has a similar body structure, or the same, they might have similar moves. That's what I meant.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I agree, these options definetly look likely to choose from, Cranky Kong could possible become a good WTF character, but one question, would he de considered retro due to the original game?

That's a good question, but I personally would think no. I mean, unless they got the original DK design from the classic DK arcade/NES game, then he'll be truly retro.

OmegaXXII

No he wouldn't be a retro. He's been in all the other canon games INCLUDING DKCR (that's a big one, lol).
Okay, I see then, I figured so because he was the original Donkey Kong and all; I imagine he would use his animals like the rhyno and bird as well?

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
nLiM8d right? Not obsessed, I just haven't seen the liking to the spoon in this thread as much as you show it :)
QA works differently from Teleport, so I see it being used like Zelda/Sheik's unless there's a cancel I don't know about.
As for the sword/lance, I think it'd be awesome since I liked using the Beam Sword, HR Bat, Fan etc with Mewtwo when I used items (dat Dash Attack) I wanna draw a new design for it, but not too flashy I just think it should be a little more bada** than just a spoon haha
Well maybe obsessed is pushing it a bit. I do know, however, that N does support anything Manga related. In fact he has helped me quite a bit in developing my Mewtwo moveset through various PMs we've sent each other, the backroom, and on various Mewtwo threads.

As for Teleport being the next QAC, both were different in Melee, however, seeing as due to the new physics QA lost much of it's lag meaning you could cancel it. If applied to the less laggy Teleport then who knows what would happen. That is what I was concerned about in terms of balance.

Also yes. I am looking at how Mewtwo used battering items in Melee in order to help buff him with the spoon. :cool:

Yea, --- was just saying they might do something similar to the "reasons" why Megaman wasn't in MvC3. Albeit being a popular character and important to Capcom they said creating a fighting move set for Megaman wouldn't be true to his game.
I guess, although I was just brought up MM to help develop my thoughts on another matter.

Seeing as so far no one has thought up a real good way to use Zoroark's Illusion ability, and seeing that it is just not him without it. I was indirectly asking if it may count against him or other characters in similar situations.

OmegaXXII

That's a good question, but I personally would think no. I mean, unless they got the original DK design from the classic DK arcade/NES game, then he'll be truly retro.
Yeah, in a way I kinda wish Cranky Kong did come in Smash 4; that way we could have his "old" form as well as his "retro" look as well, kind off like Solid Snake, he should be both old and like he was in Brawl.

D

Deleted member

I don't think Zoroark's Illusion ability not being implement in Smash will hurt his chances, but he would lose what little appeal I have for him.

Also, Cranky Kong would be interesting to see. One thing people tend to forget is that he has the upper hand in relevancy due to DKCR appearance. If he appeared in MK7, it would not shock me if he got into SSB4 (unless of course King K. Rool/Dixie Kong is also in MK7).

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Yeah, in a way I kinda wish Cranky Kong did come in Smash 4; that way we could have his "old" form as well as his "retro" look as well, kind off like Solid Snake, he should be both old and like he was in Brawl.

Well the thing about Cranky Kong, and Retro Kong, is that they'd have vastly different body structures, so seeing Retro Kong hunched over like an old man would be rather strange.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Well, considering you have a guaranteed way to heal, yes. If it's random and has a chance, it's not broken. For example, if Luigi's Forward B has a 50% chance, it'd be way too powerful.

And well, they're both puffballs, but I meant that she had a similar structure to Kirby, and was made similar like other Pseudo-Clones.(basically, ones that are still similar, but widely different. Luigi was nearly identical in the first game, but Jigglypuff was pretty different) Ganondorf is the only person I'd even call a clone in Brawl.(discounting stuff like Giant Donkey Kong, blah blah blah, who are technically clones)

Anyway, if a character has a similar body structure, or the same, they might have similar moves. That's what I meant.
I just meant in Melee she would be super broken, but in Brawl it wouldn't be too bad :p

Clones just means they have similar move sets. Luigi, Falco, Wolf, Toon Link, and Lucas (I'm like the only one who says that Jiggs is a clone and Ike is super Luigi-fied) are counted as clones. In Smash everyone similar as it is with Standard Attacks, characters are judged by their specials around here.

@Metal
2 pages back I responded to you super late from yesterday
Also THIS Doesn't it just piss you off? lol

OmegaXXII

Well the thing about Cranky Kong, and Retro Kong, is that they'd have vastly different body structures, so seeing Retro Kong hunched over like an old man would be rather strange.
Well, not necessarly as alternate costumes of each other, oh no, I was thinking more along the lines of having them with their own body structure like...maybe like Samus/Zamus are? You know they are different but they are obviously the same character, of course I still wouldn't mind the "retro" version of him, more like his epic looking form with "shades". :cool:

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
I do wonder if we will see legit "alternate costumes" this time around, or if we'll have to hack them in (if possible) like last time.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I just meant in Melee she would be super broken, but in Brawl it wouldn't be too bad :p

Clones just means they have similar move sets. Luigi, Falco, Wolf, Toon Link, and Lucas (I'm like the only one who says that Jiggs is a clone and Ike is super Luigi-fied) are counted as clones. In Smash everyone similar as it is with Standard Attacks, characters are judged by their specials around here.
Well, I meant overall movesets. Most of it needs to be the same to really be called a clone. And I don't mean a Shoto Clone.(which we kind of have with Mario, Luigi, and Dr. Mario)

But yeah. Luigi is more than different enough from Mario now. The rest share the same special moves, but only to an extent.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I do wonder if we will see legit "alternate costumes" this time around, or if we'll have to hack them in (if possible) like last time.
That would give people less problems, but on the flipside, not everyone likes the idea of alternate outfits if they involve modifying the character's appearance; Ex.: Giving Peach Rosalina's appearance.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd like to see a clothing option similar to the stickers, really. It'd be a lot of fun. And of course, there's two ways to make it chooseable: Your name, or with the usual X/Y button type deal.

OmegaXXII

Yeah, I've suggested this idea alot of times, the way I see alternate costumes is that they should be like Wario's "classic" costume since his default was from WarioWare, I'm thinking that same principle could be applied to others like...

Mario - Raccoon Mario/Dr.Mario?
Luigi - Mr. L
Mewtwo - Armored Mewtwo
Ike - Hero/Ranger Ike
Megaman - X/Classic
Snake - Old Snake/MGS1 Snake

But the thing about it is is that it wouldn't "invade" another character, it would actually be a legit costume from that same character, not that crap like Peach taking a Daily swap, nonono.

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
^
Mario: Fire Flower, Racoon, Doctor Mario, Clasic outfit, Frog, Bee, Penguin are all viable, with the last three being kind of an eyesore and thus unlikely.
Luigi: Again Fire Flower and Racoon, Mr. L.
Mewtwo's armor should Mewtwo return, also all Pokemon should have their shiny variations.
Ike has his Hero, Ranger and Lord classes at the very least.
Snake has a wide variance, MGS1, Tuxedo, Old Snake, Plisken, Big Boss camo (since he's an amalgam of Solid and Boss anyways) of course, I'd love to see a
liquid outfit, because Liquid is a legit clone.
Ganon could've had his old Guerodo garb, or his Wind Waker outfit, or a Phantom Ganon mask.
Yoshi should've had a Boshi outfit.
Samus should have her various power/slim suits.
etc.,

Part of me disagrees with character "invasion" I think that if a character is similar enough, they might as well be an alt costume to an existing one. For examle:
Sonic should have had all of his furry friends as alt costumes, since the movesets would pretty much have been the same.
Pokemon Trainer's alts should've been similar Pokemon that could've learned the used moves (IE; Charizard's moveset exhibited lined up really well with Aerodactyl and, save for fly, Tyranitar/Nidoking, and Squirtle's with Mudkip. Pikachu fits well over Raichu)

I'd like to see a clothing option similar to the stickers, really. It'd be a lot of fun. And of course, there's two ways to make it chooseable: Your name, or with the usual X/Y button type deal.
Perhaps we'll get something like this for the customizable portion of the game on the 3DS.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Well maybe obsessed is pushing it a bit. I do know, however, that N does support anything Manga related. In fact he has helped me quite a bit in developing my Mewtwo moveset through various PMs we've sent each other, the backroom, and on various Mewtwo threads.

As for Teleport being the next QAC, both were different in Melee, however, seeing as due to the new physics QA lost much of it's lag meaning you could cancel it. If applied to the less laggy Teleport then who knows what would happen. That is what I was concerned about in terms of balance.

Also yes. I am looking at how Mewtwo used battering items in Melee in order to help buff him with the spoon. :cool:
Yes! "SCREW MY HANDS I HAVE PSYCHIC" *flicks tail in Melee yea!

I guess, although I was just brought up MM to help develop my thoughts on another matter.

Seeing as so far no one has thought up a real good way to use Zoroark's Illusion ability, and seeing that it is just not him without it. I was indirectly asking if it may count against him or other characters in similar situations.
If Teleport works like it did in Melee then it'd be fine. I think QA could be canceled because the frames where Pika hits the ground is counted as jumping, therefore double jumped cancel so it might not be the physics completely (unless what I said counts as physics then I'll feel like derp)

Oh Zoroark huh. Although I think he be a better CQC than Victini, I favor Pyrokinesis over Illusions :D

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Well, I meant overall movesets. Most of it needs to be the same to really be called a clone. And I don't mean a Shoto Clone.(which we kind of have with Mario, Luigi, and Dr. Mario)

But yeah. Luigi is more than different enough from Mario now. The rest share the same special moves, but only to an extent.
Of course not literally clones, just around here that's the term used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom