• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
BUTBUT... OFINE. I'M SORRY.

caps.
It's funny that SHORTS wears the PANTS in this relationship.

Samurai Goroh has a definite fanbase. I see legitimate requests for him to this day. Unlike say Midna who has significantly less requests.

NOT TO BRING MY POLL INTO PLAY BUT he's like #12 or something in terms of momst voted for newcomers. Black Shadow is right behind him.

D

Deleted member

Actually I see him quite a bit. Still, Samurai Goroh has not really received the same deflation that Krystal or Geno has had. On top of this Sakurai will likely look towards his past official polls and not necessarily forums.
We have no indication of how Sakurai's Brawl poll turned out, other then the fact that Sonic got into Brawl. There's no telling how highly requested Samurai Goroh was in Brawl.

Still, I will say that he (and a second F-zero rep in general) is definitely a possibility, although not likely.
Ah...I gotcha, you got me there, curious though, who do you support most? Victini or Lucario? Zoroark????

:phone:
He supports Victini the most, although he also wants Zoroark in and Lucario to return.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Neither. I want Mewtwo. :p

On a more serious note though, I can realistically see them putting Zoroark in Smash 4, only because he fits the whole anthropomorphic-Pokémon-featured-in-a-movie-type of character.
Umm, don't wanna burst ur bubble, but Victini has two movies coming out, and is more popular than Zoroark. Zoroark's only upper is that Japan likes him.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
It's funny that SHORTS wears the PANTS in this relationship.

Samurai Goroh has a definite fanbase. I see legitimate requests for him to this day. Unlike say Midna who has significantly less requests.

NOT TO BRING MY POLL INTO PLAY BUT he's like #12 or something in terms of momst voted for newcomers. Black Shadow is right behind him.
Huh, I forgot about Midna. I wouldn't mind seeing her in Smash 4... I mean, she has a smexy set of legs to die for. :awesome:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'd rather see Victini and Lucario. Honestly, I'd love to see al three of them in, so I can pummel Zoroark with Lucario :)
Haha, same here, although I would trade Mewtwo for Zoroark instead, I believe either Zoroark or Victini will get in, not necessarly both, I may be wrong, as opposed to Lucario who has a place in Smash already being more probable than having two new 5th gen pokemon.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Neither. I want Mewtwo. :p

On a more serious note though, I can realistically see them putting Zoroark in Smash 4, only because he fits the whole anthropomorphic-Pokémon-featured-in-a-movie-type of character.
Same! I prefer Mewtwo than any of them, although I do prefer Victini as well and I say this because of it's recent movie this past July which puts him in a similar stance to Lucario's during Brawl's development.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Same! I prefer Mewtwo than any of them, although I do prefer Victini as well and I say this because of it's recent movie this past July which puts him in a similar stance to Lucario's during Brawl's development.

Another thing that may see Victini chosen over Zoroark is that Victini is Junichi Masuda's favorite Gen V Pokémon.

D

Deleted member

Umm, don't wanna burst ur bubble, but Victini has two movies coming out, and is more popular than Zoroark. Zoroark's only upper is that Japan likes him.
I don't think the Japanese want to see him in, just merely expects him. Oversea, he's decently wanted, but he probably doesn't have any genuine supporters in Japan (as they only view him as a Lucario replacement while constantly requesting Mewtwo's return). Then again, Victini isn't mentioned much there either, so the only potential Pokemon character in Japan that is actually wanted is Mewtwo.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I call bull**** on that unless you got facts to back that claim up. Look up any poll out there. Zoroark is always more highly requested then victini. The only place i've ever heard anything about victini getting in is this thread.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It doesn't matter, Victini and Zoroarks' fanbases pale in comparison to those that want Mewtwo to return and Lucario to remain.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I call bull**** on that unless you got facts to back that claim up. Look up any poll out there. Zoroark is always more highly requested then victini. The only place i've ever heard anything about victini getting in is this thread.
Eh, ok, I made it up to get a response :troll:

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
There's a Japanese Smash wiki that ran a bunch of polls on favorite stuff in Brawl, F-Zero content dominated most of them. I like those folks better than you people just because of that.

Wow, I thought I would never see you two disagreeing, I do however see what Oasis is pointing out, I would support swaps if it didn't involve so much complications as I don't see Sakurai and team doing so.
Shorts lucked out, someone's tying up the bathroom.

Two quick reasons why Pichu is easy to make as an alt model:

1. Balancing is by far the most time-intensive aspect of adding new characters, and it gets exponentially worse with each new character. Sharing one moveset between two "characters" is two for the price of one.

2. Pichu's model DOES fit with Pikachu's specifically because of Pichu's head and ears being so large that invisible hitboxes should be unnoticable. There should be no confusion over animations given how prominent recycled animations have been over the last 15 or so years.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
OK, I'm gonna regret this, but....

- Dr. Mario
- Mewtwo
- Roy
- Pichu
- Young Link

- Dixie Kong
- Midna
- Toon Zelda/Tetra
- Adam Malkovich
- Dark Samus
- Krystal
- Meowth
- Plusle & Minun
- Black Shadow
- Ashley
- Cloud
- Sephiroth
- Megaman
- KOS-MOS
- Shantae

Once again, these are my choices for Smash 4, along with every Brawl character. Look it over, rate their chances percentage-wise. (i.e. Mewtwo: 90-100%)

D

Deleted member

You are right in that Zoroark is more requested right now, but this isn't the only place where Victini is mentioned. Look up on GameFAQs, it is frequently mentioned and is near Zoroark in popularity. On Nsider2, there are a few people who have shown support of Victini. Heck, I've even seen a few Victini supporters on Youtube.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
It doesn't matter, Victini and Zoroark pale in comparison to those that want Mewtwo to return and Lucario to remain.
^ Pretty much this. Let's face it, people were upset when Mewtwo didn't return to Brawl (myself included). We got Lucario who plays very differently from Mewtwo. Seriously, the only thing remotely similar was their Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere respectively. Otherwise, they were completely different characters. So other than time constraints, I really saw no reason to not include Mewtwo. That's how I feel anyway.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You are right in that Zoroark is more requested right now, but this isn't the only place where Victini is mentioned. Look up on GameFAQs, it is frequently mentioned and is near Zoroark in popularity. On Nsider2, there are a few people who have shown support of Victini. Heck, I've even seen a few Victini supporters on Youtube.
And to add, Facebook will be crawling with Victini fans soon.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey, I have supported Red Gazelle for Smash for a long time now. Samurai Goroh is just uninteresting to me.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
This is a stupid reason, but Zoroark just looks like the one that's gonna be in Smash: Because they (Mewtwo and Lucario) all resemble the same sort of body type hahaha
Again stupid reason but it adds to why I think Zoroark is in over Victini (although I want Victini in. Pyrokinesis sounds like fun)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Already started, there's a few that visits the Ssb wiiu & 3ds page as well as the ssbb page already x.x

Totally different -_- that't overall gaming. I'm talking about my group, VictoriousVictini, who's in collab with a band :D But, the message is to get more persuasion to Mr. Sakurai (suck it up, King)

D

Deleted member

And to add, Facebook will be crawling with Victini fans soon.
I think it depends on how well the group goes. If it does increase in support considerably, then your point is valid. But I think we should wait and see because I'm not certain if it'll work.
Sunnysunny said:
Victini should replace mario. Useless character imo.
Totally :troll:
y.toonlink said:
This is a stupid reason, but Zoroark just looks like the one that's gonna be in Smash: Because they (Mewtwo and Lucario) all resemble the same sort of body type hahaha
Again stupid reason but it adds to why I think Zoroark is in over Victini (although I want Victini in. Pyrokinesis sounds like fun)
Victini also has similar body type to Pichu, who was playable in Melee, and Plusle & Minun, who was planned in Brawl. I say both benefit from this.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Haha, that would be epic lulz, means you got trolled by Sakurai if Lucario, better yet Waluigi. :laugh:

Better yet, have lucario show up in story mode, only to find out its zoroark using his illusion ability.

In all honesty though Lucario > zoroark. I want all the pokemon like mewtwo lucario victini and zoroark to be in.

looool exactly! SSBfan was saying something like that. That hes expected. Its like...he just fits the theme. New gen rep + humanoid shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom