• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
IT. IS.

Making Victini would take longer than making a model swap Pichu.
And making a Pichu model swap would take longer than, say, Wario in overalls.

It wouldn't really WORK by itself unless they FORCED it to, in which case it would just turn out WEIRD.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
So...about Pichu, any thoughts as to have him swap or DLC/unlockable?

Of course I'm gonna say unlockable.

Edit: gosh, could you collapse please!!??
:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
ALL I wanted to do was make PICHU FANS HAPPY D,:

Seriously, I'm not crazy. It wouldn't be that hard...

And making a Pichu model swap would take longer than, say, Wario in overalls.
Pichu has more fans than Wario's overalls. (Wario's OVERALLS 4SMASH)

It wouldn't really WORK by itself unless they FORCED it to, in which case it would just turn out WEIRD.
About as weird as Snake.

OmegaXXII

I vote unlockable, DLC, or my exclusive poke ball idea.
Yeah, about that Pokeball idea, hmm.. what about having him as part of a trainer? Alternatively it could work since 2 other Pokemon could be in as well as opposed to just taking a slot, but again I feel Pichu would make a great DLC character to celebrate Smash's history.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I should just not explain things out of spite that you kids never talk about F-Zero with this much passion.
Most people believe that because F-Zero has not had another entry since the Gamecube (or the GBA) that it doesn't deserve a character. Therefore there is no real discussion.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
The problem with Pichu is that he's really a complete clone of Pikachu... just lighter, and he hurts himself. He's not a semi-clone, or a "Luigification", he's a smaller Pikachu with some major flaws. So unless Nintendo does a major overhaul of Pichu's moveset to either differentiate him from Pikachu completely, or at least "Luigificate" him, I don't see Pichu making a return in playable form. I could be wrong though.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
IT. IS.

Making Victini would take longer than making a model swap Pichu. With a model swap EVERYTHING IS DONE, all you have to do is fit the hitboxes as best you can, and make the Pichu model.

With Victini, you need to make a moveset, balance him, ect.
No, it's not fact until someone literally takes SSB4's Pikachu model, swaps it suddenly with a Pichu model, and tries to animate it with as little effort as possible in changing the model itself.

Plus, using a Victini vs. Pichu example is not a good example. We're not debating if it's quicker model-swapping than making a unique character - we were arguing whether a model swap is even feasible.

... Toise should elaborate it.
*magic wand*

go to bed
These quotes. I'm saving them.

I have history homework. Bye everyone. :)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't even like Pichu that much.

Keep this up and I'll hate him as much as Steam made me hate Lucario.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Most people believe that because F-Zero has not had another entry since the Gamecube (or the GBA) that it doesn't deserve a character. Therefore there is no real discussion.
And what those people fail to realize is that F-Zero is indeed a Nintendo franchise, with plenty of characters to choose from for fighters in a Smash Bros. game. I mean, look at Pit: he hasn't been in any games since his Gameboy appearance in Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters, yet he made it into Brawl, and as such, managed to find himself in his own game once again with Uprising. So who knows? If they add another F-Zero character as a fighter, it may spark enough interest for another F-Zero game. Imagine that; an F-Zero game with fantastic HD graphics. I'm so sold on that idea. XD

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
And what those people fail to realize is that F-Zero is indeed a Nintendo franchise, with plenty of characters to choose from for fighters in a Smash Bros. game. I mean, look at Pit: he hasn't been in any games since his Gameboy appearance in Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters, yet he made it into Brawl, and as such, managed to find himself in his own game once again with Uprising. So who knows? If they add another F-Zero character as a fighter, it may spark enough interest for another F-Zero game. Imagine that; an F-Zero game with fantastic HD graphics. I'm so sold on that idea. XD
Well, we got 3 to 4 years for that. Keep hoping :awesome:

D

Deleted member

Not to mention that a F-zero rep is not in very high demand. I am having doubts about the series getting a second rep, but ironically enough, this is also the series last real shot of getting one since I don't see it getting a new installment for a while.

However, if a new game is announced by E3 2012, then a F-zero rep is very probable.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Not to mention that a F-zero rep is not in very high demand. I am having doubts about the series getting a second rep, but ironically enough, this is also the series last real shot of getting one since I don't see it getting a new installment for a long while.
Samurai Goroh has had, and still has a high amount of requests.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, about that Pokeball idea, hmm.. what about having him as part of a trainer? Alternatively it could work since 2 other Pokemon could be in as well as opposed to just taking a slot, but again I feel Pichu would make a great DLC character to celebrate Smash's history.
I just threw out the poke ball idea as another option for him.

But I agree with that last part.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
ALL I wanted to do was make PICHU FANS HAPPY D,:
You will never know happiness again.

Pichu has more fans than Wario's overalls. (Wario's OVERALLS 4SMASH)
POINT WAS, Pichu would not be like any other alternate costume. Whereas most would just be a character wearing a different hat or whatever, Pichu actually has an entirely different shape. It wouldn't even be a "model swap" in a strict sense, due to the need for altering animations. The Pichu model itself would have to look rather OFF just to work. IT REALLY WOULDN'T BE AS SIMPLE AS YOU WANT TO BELIEVE IT WOULD BE.

About as weird as Snake.
Oh hush.

D

Deleted member

Samurai Goroh has had, and still has a high amount of requests.
I don't really notice a high amount of requests. It seems as hype for a F-zero rep has died down a bit since Brawl and I see it going down even further. A F-zero rep isn't discussed much from the forums I go to (here, GameFAQs, Nsider2, All is Brawl).

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The same logic goes for why Ridley is overdue for a playable appearance in Smash Bros.. :awesome:
Oh gawd, not another supporter D: I found a video on a texture hack on Charizard with Ridley. Ever since, I question size... in a good way.
@king RESPECT DA (MR) SAKURAI!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You will never know happiness again.
IT REALLY WOULDN'T BE AS SIMPLE AS YOU WANT TO BELIEVE IT WOULD BE.
But it isn't as hard as adding Pichu as his own character. You get the point, stop nitpicking!

WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE A TEAM.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Oh gawd, not another supporter D: I found a video on a texture hack on Charizard with Ridley. Ever since, I question size... in a good way.
Well, I'm not a supporter per se, but can see the logic behind why Ridley should be a playable character. I went over this a few pages back:

In Smash 64, he made a cameo in Planet Zebes's background, in Melee, he was a trophy and appeared in the opening FMV, and in Brawl, they went one step ahead and made him a boss. I'd say making him playable seems like the next logical step for the poor dragon... pterasaur... thing.

OmegaXXII

But it isn't as hard as adding Pichu as his own character. You get the point, stop nitpicking!

WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE A TEAM.
Wow, I thought I would never see you two disagreeing, I do however see what Oasis is pointing out, I would support swaps if it didn't involve so much complications as I don't see Sakurai and team doing so.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
Samurai Goroh. Black Shadow.

Either one of those two playable for the next Smash is fine with me.

If Black Shadow's playable, and Goroh remains an AT, I will be in heaven.:grin:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I don't really notice a high amount of requests. It seems as hype for a F-zero rep has died down a bit since Brawl and I see it going down even further. A F-zero rep isn't discussed much from the forums I go to (here, GameFAQs, Nsider2, All is Brawl).
Actually I see him quite a bit. Still, Samurai Goroh has not really received the same deflation that Krystal or Geno has had. On top of this Sakurai will likely look towards his past official polls and not necessarily forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom