• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I think it depends on how well the group goes. If it does increase in support considerably, then your point is valid. But I think we should wait and see because I'm not certain if it'll work.
Oh, don't worry, bro... I got a trick up my sleeve.
@sunny I would go ape on Mr. Sakurai. I'd go to japan and DK his @$$ lol

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I like Toise because he is blunt. Although most people see that as being mean. At least when he's around I'm not the only mean one. :3

Megaman has a good shot if Nintendo decides to bring in third party characters again.
SADLY.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
- Cloud
- Sephiroth
- Megaman
- KOS-MOS
- Shantae

Once again, these are my choices for Smash 4, along with every Brawl character. Look it over, rate their chances percentage-wise. (i.e. Mewtwo: 90-100%)
Cloud, Sephiroth, and KOS-MOS will never be in Smash 4 on the grounds that they never appeared in a game on a Nintendo console. And Cloud's appearance in Kingdom Hearts for the GBA and DS's KH: CoM and KH: Re:Coded doesn't count either. As for Shantae... I dunno who that is, sadly. Megaman has a good shot if Nintendo decides to bring in third party characters again.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Midna will most likely not make the cut.
Yeah, I figured that much. Hell, Vaati and Ghirahim have better chances at appearing with Skyward Sword around the corner, and Four Swords having been released for DSi/3DS for download.

Still, I would like to see a sexy pair of legs grace Smash 4... which is why I'm hoping for Rosalina. If she ever makes it (and it's a big "if"), you can bet I'll main her off the get-go. XD

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Yeah, I figured that much. Hell, Vaati and Ghirahim have better chances at appearing with Skyward Sword around the corner, and Four Swords having been released for DSi/3DS for download.

Still, I would like to see a sexy pair of legs grace Smash 4... which is why I'm hoping for Rosalina. If she ever makes it (and it's a big "if"), you can bet I'll main her off the get-go. XD
Hey King! tell'em about Zero Suit Samus :awesome:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Better yet, have lucario show up in story mode, only to find out its zoroark using his illusion ability.

In all honesty though Lucario > zoroark. I want all the pokemon like mewtwo lucario victini and zoroark to be in.
Haha, that would be so goddamn unexpected, better yet, Sakurai should reveal that Mewtwo will be in game, then makes people want to play through story mode and he appears, but only to find out it was a Zoroark in illusion mode all along. :awesome:

People would be like... "OMG **** the ***** is this!!!!!??? :mad:

Then Sakurai laughs. :troll:

:phone:

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
Oh ****!!!

I'm sorry, I forgot, let me get to finalizing it with the names of the characters, unless you want it without it?
Include the names, as well. Didn't mean to put pressure on you, dude.

Cloud, Sephiroth, and KOS-MOS will never be in Smash 4 on the grounds that they never appeared in a game on a Nintendo console. And Clouds appearance in Kingdom Hearts for the GBA and DS's KH: CoM and KH: Re:Coded doesn't count either. As for Shantae... I dunno who that is, sadly. Megaman has a good shot if Nintendo decides to bring in third party characters again.
I mention Cloud primarily because of all those who want the epic "Cloud vs. Link" battle. Honestly, though, who WOULDN'T want to see that happen?

I posted a big explanation regarding Shantae a while back; you may have to search through my posts to find it. But do so; you might like it.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
I think it depends on how well the group goes. If it does increase in support considerably, then your point is valid. But I think we should wait and see because I'm not certain if it'll work.Totally :troll:
Victini also has similar body type to Pichu, who was playable in Melee, and Plusle & Minun, who was planned in Brawl. I say both benefit from this.
It's one of the reasons if Lucario gets replaced by Zoroark. I know that Mewtwo was planned in Brawl stuff, but it's also the same reason why I think Lucario replaced it (PT with Pichu).
But you're right, Victini has that good plus.

I also agree with Pichu being a model swap, the only thing that gets me is the tail where Pikachu's is longer (and I like using UpAir)

D

Deleted member

Cloud, Sephiroth, and KOS-MOS will never be in Smash 4 on the grounds that they never appeared in a game on a Nintendo console. And Cloud's appearance in Kingdom Hearts for the GBA and DS's KH: CoM and KH: Re:Coded doesn't count either. As for Shantae... I dunno who that is, sadly. Megaman has a good shot if Nintendo decides to bring in third party characters again.
Technically, Cloud has appeared on a Nintendo system. There's a 3DS rhythm Final Fantasy game coming out with him in it, so he has a shot, although it's almost zilch.

Also, KOS-MOS did appear in some Japanese-only Xenosaga games for the DS, so she's eligible. Also, Monolith is technically owned by Nintendo and makes games for them, increasing her chances. But that's not saying much.

Shantae is the protagonist of Shantae for the Game Boy (a cult classic released at the end of the GB life) and Shantae: Risky's Revenge for the DSiWare, but also has almost no chance of getting in.

Agree on Mega Man, he has the best shot of all third-parties.
y.toonlink said:
It's one of the reasons if Lucario gets replaced by Zoroark. I know that Mewtwo was planned in Brawl stuff, but it's also the same reason why I think Lucario replaced it (PT with Pichu).
Technically, Mewtwo was not replaced, just dropped.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I mention Cloud primarily because of all those who want the epic "Cloud vs. Link" battle. Honestly, though, who WOULDN'T want to see that happen?

I posted a big explanation regarding Shantae a while back; you may have to search through my posts to find it. But do so; you might like it.
Cloud versus Link would be epic, but as cool as that sounds, it will likely never happen, unless Square makes a multi-platform FF7 remake that includes the Wii U as said platform... and that assumes they do so before the release or late production of Smash 4.

Also, I had JUST Googled Shantae, and I merely saw a picture of her and recognized her via demo videos on the 3DS's eShop channel. Yeah, she could make it into a Smash game if demand for her was high enough and/or if she's a first/second party character of Nintendo's.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@SSBFan
I know that, but it's just the same stupid body type reasoning that I'm using. If anything Jiggs took the spot.

@Zamus sex
She should do what she did in Haloid :)

D

Deleted member

I thought it was SSBFan's gruop though, did you take it over? Or....u trollin.

That is asage94's group, not mine.
Also, I had JUST Googled Shantae, and I merely saw a picture of her and recognized her via demo videos on the 3DS's eShop channel. Yeah, she could make it into a Smash game if demand for her was high enough and/or if she's a first/second party character of Nintendo's.
Shantae is third-party. Just to let you know.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Shortie mean? Nah, cranky at times maybe, but not mean. The only person who seems to legitimately be mean is Mecha. Sad thing is he was not like that.

OmegaXXII

Super Smash Bros. Fan. loves Victini said:
Also, KOS-MOS did appear in some Japanese-only Xenosaga games for the DS, so she's eligible. Also, Monolith is technically owned by Nintendo and makes games for them, increasing her chances. But that's not saying much.
She had some Japanese games on the DS? Wow, I was never aware of this, hmm...although it's very unlikely, I suppose if monolithsoft wanted her in Smash 4.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
Shantae is third-party. Just to let you know.
And there is, in fact, some who have said "Shantae for Smash Bros.", so I'm not the only one who thinks it.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Shortie mean? Nah, cranky at times maybe, but not mean. The only person who seems to legitimately be mean is Mecha. Sad thing is he was not like that.
Well Shortie is about to get real cranky because of sheer amount of stupid that is going on in this thread.

She had some Japanese games on the DS? Wow, I was never aware of this, hmm...although it's very unlikely, I suppose if monolithsoft wanted her in Smash 4.
Who owned Monolith before Nintendo? I'm betting you that KOS MOS could be THEIR IP. I guess we just need to know if she is Diddy, or Banjo.

We love you too T_T
You are a gift to the world, you know that? I smile every morning, knowing that somewhere, you are walking the streets, making everyones' day just a little bit better.

OmegaXXII

I totally agree, hopefully he'll change for the better, if not....so be it.

Wow, shorts being cranky? Dude, I'll tell you in advance, chill out. :awesome:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

OmegaXXII

Shorts the Angry said:
Who owned Monolith before Nintendo? I'm betting you that KOS MOS could be THEIR IP. I guess we just need to know if she is Diddy, or Banjo
Apperantly Monolithsoft was owned by Namco before it was sold to Nintendo according to Wiki.

I guess Banjo could be considered IF RARE got interested?

D

Deleted member

Shortiecanbrawl said:
Who owned Monolith before Nintendo? I'm betting you that KOS MOS could be THEIR IP. I guess we just need to know if she is Diddy, or Banjo.
Previously by Namco.
Starphoenix said:
Try going to Gamefaqs. That is even worse.
Or IGN if you want to go insane.
Sol Diviner said:
Alright, so if they do decide to bring in third parties, does anyone think Snake and Sonic might make a return?
I would say so, but due to the nature of third-parties, I'm not going to say it's clear cut (especially not Sonic).

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Apperantly Monolithsoft was owned by Namco before it was sold to Nintendo according to Wiki.

Wouldn't Nintendo have to deal with Microsoft if they tried to add Banjo? I mean, Banjo and Conker were removed from the DS remake of Diddy Kong Racing for what I assume is that very reason. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Banjo in Smash Bros., and in his original design... not that "cardboard box pieced together" model.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Meh, keep Sonic but remove Snake for Simon Belmont or Bomberman. That would make me happy.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Nononononono, I'm refering to if she is a Diddy: (Worked on by Rare, but owned by Nintendo) or a Banjo (Completely Rare IP)

I was hoping SOMEONE would get it.

Meh, keep Sonic but remove Snake for Simon Belmont or Bomberman. That would make me happy.
Even though I can't stand Sonic right now, I would be fine with this. Personally, I don't mind Snake (Or Sonic) in Smash, but I would much rather have someone with a better Nintendo track record, Bombs and Simon have that.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I understood what you were saying Shortie. Didn't have a response. I think now she can probably be classified as a "Banjo" character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom