• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Aww hell yeah dudemans :cool:

But, yeah, how 'bout we just have both?

Like, of course, we should have unique Target courses for everyone, but how about like a training mode-type of Target Test stage? It would be a "one-size fits all" stage (like in Brawl) you could use any character on to practice with before the real thing.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Aww hell yeah dudemans :cool:

But, yeah, how 'bout we just have both?

Like, of course, we should have unique Target courses for everyone, but how about like a training mode-type of Target Test stage? It would be a "one-size fits all" stage (like in Brawl) you could use any character on to practice with before the real thing.
You mean like a lengthy target stage to move around in consisting of moving targets and such? Yeah, I like that as well, it should "I guess" be universal for every character, I guess it would be added under 1p modes such as basic training, also a Race to the Finish (Melee style) training mode should exist, but longer and more obstacles like traps and such, it would make Classic Mode much more interesting indeed.

I love the new Yamcha avi dudeman, now I can truly call you Yamchaman. :laugh:

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Assuming Vaati or that Skyward Sword mage does not make the cut, and they opt for a Young Link/Toon Link equivalent, then perhaps Four Sword Link? That seems to have some kind of possibility, no?

On the topic of Pokémon, it wouldn't be a surprise if Mewtwo or Lucario become MIA for Smash 4 in favor of Zoroark, Victini, or both. As for the "random" factor, the game has quite a few settings to choose from, tons of musical tracks that are recognizable and classic, and with 649 Pokémon to choose from, there really is no shortage of charatcers or surprises Nintendo can use for a Smash Bros. game. I mean, Pokémon may very well be one of the most dynamic elements in Smash Bros..
Four swords Link is basically the GBA version of Toon Link. Look at this picture:

As for the Pokemon, most Pokemon aren't Smash material. That's why Poke Ball items exist ;) Like I said, I want everyone to come back. I've always wanted to see these rival battles:
Young Link VS Toon Link
Mewtwo (or Zoroark) VS Lucario
Roy VS Ike

And Vaati, I highly doubt. I mean, you can dream, but think about the games and fandom.

OmegaXXII

Toon Link should just be an alternate costume of Y.Link or vice versa in my opinion, that way, everybody is happy right? :)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
You mean like a lengthy target stage to move around in consisting of moving targets and such? Yeah, I like that as well, it should "I guess" be universal for every character, I guess it would be added under 1p modes such as basic training, also a Race to the Finish (Melee style) training mode should exist, but longer and more obstacles like traps and such, it would make Classic Mode much more interesting indeed.

I love the new Yamcha avi dudeman, now I can truly call you Yamchaman. :laugh:

Yep, basically. I always thought it would be cool if the Training Mode extended beyond the regular fights and gave us minigame training modes too.

The same concept can be applied to Race to the Finish, too, with of course, unique stages for everybody. I wouldn't be too upset if everyone got the same one, too, mostly because it would still be more challenging than universal Target Tests, and also simply because I just want it back one way or the other. :urg:

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Toon Link should just be an alternate costume of Y.Link or vice versa in my opinion, that way, everybody is happy right? :
The problem is Young Link and Toon Link have different anatomical structures. Young Link was literally just a smaller Link with sized-down features, while Toon Link has "chibi" features - very short legs and arms and a large face with iconic eyes.

Look closely at the two - they can't easily be made alternates of each other.

I disagree.
That's not really Toon nor Young Link though - that's some composite of the two. People would be expecting to play as the Toon Link or the Young Link - not a mix of the two.

As for being model swaps, it could only work if the models swapping also includes minor chances in hitboxes, frames, etc.

Young Link, in OoT, could use items that Link could not. I'll find them, so bear with me.
I think the slingshot is one of them. Plus, we've got all the cool Majora's Mask gear like especially the masks themselves.

Personally, I have no particular preference towards either Link.

[COLLAPSE="Response to Shortiecanbrawl's Adventure Mode Story"]
Writing a decent SSE storyline is hard, but if you gave me a month, and a source to an infiniate wealth of Nintendo knowledge, I KNOW I could pull something off better than Sakurai's crew did. (Storyline wise) The key part is not making it sound too serious, or to fanfictiony.

So far, I've done both on my attempts. I'm finding the right middle ground, I think. So this could end up being decent.
Exactly. This is a game featuring Nintendo characters from wildly different universes punching/stabbing/shooting each other in the face - it shouldn't take itself too seriously. Some emotional moments based on the idea that these are everyone's favorite Nintendo characters can be applied, but nothing too dark or unfitting for such a silly concept as Smash Brothers really is should occur.

WELL, this latest approach was sort of this "We've all been in living on the same planet for a while". I mean, they all know of each other. Ganon is this sort of political power who runs all sorts of dark schemes, and is ultimately trying to take over the nintendo galaxy (Space is involved with this story). He has his two right hand men, (Bowser and Ridley) who patrol specific areas. Basically, the Hryule, Mushroom, and any other Nintendo political powers are struggling to keep Ganon in check, and they theorize that he has connections throughout the galaxy, so they plan on sending a few scouts into the upcoming tournament Ganon hosts yearly. And things go bad from there, yadayada.

That's just a little peice of the story. So, IDK how silly K. Rool will be, but HE IS A PLANNED VILLAIN, along with Wolf, Deoxys, Medusa, Wario, Bowser Jr. and MAYBE Black Knight.
I'm going to need more of the specific plot ideas and character and world interactions to be convinced. It just sounds jumbled together right now.[/COLLAPSE]
@Shortie About Adventure Mode: That's fine. I don't mean to be judging it already. Good luck.

@Java

If you're doing an adventure mode script, my only suggestion would be to have the Distortion World come into play at some point. Giratina would be a fun boss and is a character who needs some love, and the Distortion World could be the Gravity Man of the Smash series. :cool:
No, I'm not physically working on an Adventure Mode script. I do always have lots of ideas in my head when I think of the mode, though, and could write a good story for it if I put the time and effort in it that would also include basic descriptions of each stage and boss fight, and camera and musical cues for each cutscene.

But I lack the motivation and time. :p

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Who could that be?

I was THINKING Giygas, but I don't know much about him and if that fits him at all, SOO...

@Java Well when I ACTUALLY write it, and am not just in the first sep of figuring out how it's going to end/go ect. you can judge it. Until then, it would be silly to.

Model. Swap.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The problem is Young Link and Toon Link have different anatomical structures. Young Link was literally just a smaller Link with sized-down features, while Toon Link has "chibi" features - very short legs and arms and a large face with iconic eyes.

[COLLAPSE="Response to Shortiecanbrawl's Adventure Mode Story"]
Exactly. This is a game featuring Nintendo characters from wildly different universes punching/stabbing/shooting each other in the face - it shouldn't take itself too seriously. Some emotional moments based on the idea that these are everyone's favorite Nintendo characters can be applied, but nothing too dark or unfitting for such a silly concept as Smash Brothers really is should occur.

I'm going to need more of the specific plot ideas and character and world interactions to be convinced. It just sounds jumbled together right now.[/COLLAPSE]

I disagree. Although they need to be two different characters.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Meh, I could care less at alternate costumes, I will make the exception in Wario's case however.

@Java

If you're doing an adventure mode script, my only suggestion would be to have the Distortion World come into play at some point. Giratina would be a fun boss and is a character who needs some love, and the Distortion World could be the Gravity Man of the Smash series. :cool:

OmegaXXII

Wow, I never knew they actually had different structures, but still, I'd rather they be alternates of each other, or DLC.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hey guys, I have an idea; why don't we cut adult Link and then we can have both Young Link and Toon Link? :troll:
Sure why not.

I never really liked adult Link anyway.

Note: I am being serious on this, I really don't care for adult Link. :glare:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace

I disagree. Although they need to be two different characters.
THIS is what I've wanted since I wanted Toon Link to be in Brawl :D (just with the Deku Shield)

You know in the end, all the Links will be as similar to each other like Ike is to Marth:
They'll be fast or slow compared to each other and have different slashing.....but either way they're still SLASHING.
I like Young and Toon Link because I prefer faster characters, which is why I don't want Toon Link cut.

Also, Toon Link is TOON Link, not necessarily Wind Waker Link, so this Train, 4Swords stuff is all the same thing.

D

Deleted member

Does anyone think that Link's voice in SSB64 and Melee were much better then in Brawl? I'd like for him to get it back in SSB4.

OmegaXXII

Well, to be honest ai really liked the way he sounded in Melee, I don't know about 64 though.

But one character whose voice needs to change for the better is Pit's, he seriously had an annoying voice to say the least.

D

Deleted member

Well, to be honest ai really liked the way he sounded in Melee, I don't know about 64 though.

But one character whose voice needs to change for the better is Pit's, he seriously had an annoying voice to say the least.

I think Link had the same voice actor in the original.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Does anyone think that Link's voice in SSB64 and Melee were much better then in Brawl? I'd like for him to get it back in SSB4.
They'll probably use his Skyward Sword voice as it's his latest. It sounds different from both his OoT and Twilight Princess voices - deeper tone, it sounds like.

I did like Link's Melee voice, but I don't mind his TP voice either. I'm not sure if I can say the same for his new SS voice. :ohwell:

OmegaXXII

I'm guessing the way it turns out in Skyward Sword will be the way it turns out in Smash 4 with the grunts and such, hopefully it won't be annoying at all, I did like Toon Link's voice however.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Have any of you heard of Christie and Eddie from Tekken?

That's how I imagine Young Link and Toon Link working. When Christie was introduced, she played just like Eddie, who was ACTUALLY a model swap for Christie you could unlock. IDK if they were "semi clones" or not, but they were a model swap with the same moves.

I think the same COULD work for Pichu and Pikachu, if you tried hard enough. I guess it really comes down to hitbox placements being identicle in order for them to be model swaps of one another, which I think they could do pretty easily with BOTH T/Y Link and Pichu/Pikachu.

.....Or for Falco and Fox...coughcoughKrystaltakesFalco'sslotcoughcough

AS FOR LINK VOICES, it depends on when LoZ Wii U is released. Although it's probably after Smash, which usually means no go.

OmegaXXII

I liked Eddie better than Christie, they were awesome.

Pichu? Meh...I would only want him back as DLC content offered in a "pack" otherwise I really don't see Sakurai actually give him any special treatment whatsoever.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Wait... let me get this straight, you would prefer Pichu to come as DLC over being a model swap because?....

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Because he's been a playable character in Smash Bros.
Model swaps take FAR less effort than a original character. He would be an EXACT clone of Pikachu, who you literally click on Pikachu and scroll down like a costume and pick from there.

He would take little effort, make lots of fans happy, and no one mad. The only difference would be looks, vioce, and announcer. Literally would play JUST LIKE Pikachu.

I don't see how you can suggest NOT doing this because he's already been playable?

OmegaXXII

Wait... let me get this straight, you would prefer Pichu to come as DLC over being a model swap because?....
Over a swap? Do you realize they don't exactly have the same body type? Unless you are referring to something else other than alternate costumes?, elaborate if you will.

I'd rather have him as a seperate entity of his own, no need to involve and attach Pikachu to him, there is just no business doing so.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
Model swaps take FAR less effort than a original character. He would be an EXACT clone of Pikachu, who you literally click on Pikachu and scroll down like a costume and pick from there.

He would take little effort, make lots of fans happy, and no one mad. The only difference would be looks, voice, and announcer. Literally would play JUST LIKE Pikachu.

I don't see how you can suggest NOT doing this because he's already been playable?
The same can go for Dr. Mario and Mario. Don't misunderstand; I can see his doctor form as an alt. costume, but at the same time, I'd also like to see the differences added in as well. Throwing the mega-vitamins, his Melee moveset (in case they keep Mario's Brawl moveset), and a different Final Smash suited for Dr. Mario.

If they can do all that, then I'm all for it being applied for the others

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Over a swap? Do you realize tbey don't exactly have the same body type? Unless you are referring to something else other than alternate costumes, elaborate if you will.

It would be fine. Simply find the right balance in Pichu's size, and Pikachu's "hitbox" or whatever it's called. They're not EXACTLY the same size/proportions yes, but it wouldn't be that hard to make it work. I'm not the first one to suggest this. *Looks at Toise*

He did as well, so you can call me crazy, but the idea is definitely a good one.

I'd rather have him as a seperate entity of his own, no need to involve and attach Pikachu to him, there is just no business doing so.
*Looks at Melee*

*Looks at Pichu in the Pokemon games*

Err, right.

The same can go for Dr. Mario and Mario. Don't misunderstand; I can see his doctor form as an alt. costume, but at the same time, I'd also like to see the differences added in as well. Throwing the mega-vitamins, his Melee moveset (in case they keep Mario's Brawl moveset), and a different Final Smash suited for Dr. Mario.
Hello? That's what a model swap is. APPEARENCE changed, nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom