• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I labelled it as an opinion. I'm just getting really peeved that asage types as coherently as a middle schooler. I know it's not personal, I know it might not be his fault, but having to sift through the nonsense still annoys the **** out of me.
I don't care about asage. If you're implying that people are immature for playing Pokemon as adults, that makes you immature.

Oh, and Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh are still around, but they just never reached to status pokemon did.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
Also, lack of discussion on here? Well, give me a couple of hours, and I'll gladly throw in my 50 bucks worth for everyone to talk about. (I know, the term is "2 cents worth," but I've got a lot to say.)
Yes, please. We need some fresh meat to tear apart.

I don't care about asage. If you're implying that people are immature for playing Pokemon as adults, that makes you immature.
Immature because I don't have an irrational compulsion to collect all of the half-baked monstrosities sugimori ****s out every few years? If that's mature, hoarding a bunch of fictitious, chimeric scribbles, then I don't want to grow up.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Why can't Pokemon lovers and Pikmin lovers get along? They're spelled almost the same...

Both are great series, but let's be realistic here: Pokemon will always have fans, even after it dies. Well, until the last few fans also die, but you get my point.

Olimar, ROB, G+W, and Ice Climbers aren't going anywhere. Simple as that. If any, only Lucario, Lucas, and third parties would go.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Don't worry Opossum, he's just being dumb for the sake of the thread. Trying to generate 5 pages of people saying "Nope."

Really, he's a trooper.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Immature because I don't have an irrational compulsion to collect all of the half-baked monstrosities sugimori ****s out every few years? If that's mature, hoarding a bunch of fictitious, chimeric scribbles, then I don't want to grow up.
And ur the one with the Tingle Avatar... lol I will forever support Pokemon. Rated e for everyone means what it means.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Phostpheles, that was unnecessary.

Now, to stop the upcoming flame war, I'll do this.

LOOK AT IT:

Okay, so after watching more Mole Mania playthroughs, I think I can make a decent set of Special moves for him.

His Neutral B could be the iron ball. Press B once,and it spawns, and stays on the ground in front of you. You can keep it there, and it will act as an unbreakable wall. However, if you press B again when you are close to the ball, you can throw it at your opponent! It will be very slow and not very powerful at first, but if you hold B, Muddy will charge up the throw, increasing the speed, distance, and damage. However, if the opponent hits you during start up, you will drop the ball. The ball will eventually disappear if A.) Too much time passes without you throwing it, or B.) You hit the opponent. Only one Ball can be present at a time per Muddy Mole.

His Side B will be the Barrel Roll. This one was a bit of a stretch, seeing as Muddy never actually did this. However,it is creative liberty, I guess. Muddy pulls out a barrel that he uses in his game, and hops on top of it. He then speeds forward on the barrel to ram opponents. Can be a decent horizontal recovery.

His Up B would be the cabbage jump. After Muddy Mole defeats a boss in his games, he saves one of his children, who pop out of a giant cabbage that falls from the sky, and leap up with a corkscrew-like jump. Muddy would essentially do the same. A giant cabbage would surround him, and he'd pop out using a Wario-like Corkscrew. If used in Midair, the cabbage will fall to the ground, potentially doing damage, and possibly a meteor-smash. When used on land, it disappears after use. I guess you can call it a mix between Wario's and Sonic's.

Muddy Mole's Down B would be Burrow. Going underground was key in Muddy Mole's adventures, so naturally Smash should reflect that. He would dig a hole, and go underground. If used on a passable platform, he'd fall through it. While underground, he can move around very fast, but at the expense of not being able to see where he is. By releasing B, he will pop out of the hole, causing minimal damage. However, you only have a three second time frame to stay underground, otherwise you are forcefully removed from the dirt. This would make up for Muddy's lackluster aerial game.

Finally, his Final Smash would be Sundes. Another forum user gave me this idea. Sundes was a sun-based boss in Mole Mania, as the ruler of Level 2. One of his attacks involves him going supernova, so Muddy needed to get out of the way to survive by going underground. Once Muddy has the Smash Ball, he'll adjust his Sunglasses and go underground. Sundes would then appear, and go Supernova, sending a vast fiery wave across the stage. If hit, the opponent will take major damage and good knockback. It can, however, be avoided by some characters with high or multiple jumps. Muddy will the resurface and continue fighting.

Complete moveset coming soon. Feel free to comment.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wow, I leave for 15 minutes and we're already back in a character discussion and it would seem a lot of flamming and dumb questions are being passed along. :facepalm:

Anyway since I don't feel like starting one another moveset just yet I think I'll work on my next stage concept.

@Star/Luco

I'm looking at doing a R.O.B. stage, so if you guys know any good music that you think would work (besides Gyromite and Stack Up) please post them so I can get a listen. ;)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It's immature for a videogame player, who spends his time on a site where all you do is nerd out over character speculation to call another videogame player "immature" because they play a series you don't like. End of story. I could say the exact same thing about people who play Mario, Kirby, Digimon, Pac-Man. Any game really.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Can we just all drop whatever the he'll is going on and just hug and make up? Seriously Jesus Chrysler

:phone:

Fobmescs

Smash Cadet
Dyna Blade

She is one of the Kirby characters since Kirby Air Ride.
She is in the latest appearance(called Kirby Mass Attack) as the attack.
Maybe she can be the character in Super Smash Bros. 4.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I attempted to stop them with the powers of my half-finished Muddy Mole moveset, but I guess I failed...

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
Wrong ;) Pokemon is the best "Train your Creauture" franchise in the world. And that's not an understatement.
It's the most popular, don't assume more than the facts. RPGs are already made for ocd completionist gamers..."train your creature" games are like that tenfold.

And ur the one with the Tingle Avatar... lol
I enjoy forcing the members of this thread to look upon the bane of their favorite character's chances. Very few characters have chances for Sm4sh as good as Tingle.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Dyna Blade

She is one of the Kirby characters since Kirby Air Ride.
She is in the latest appearance(called Kirby Mass Attack) as the attack.
Maybe she can be the character in Super Smash Bros. 4.
No way, maybe a boss or an assist trophy but not a playable character.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Maybe I should think about doing those alternate stage ideas that I was kicking around awhile back?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
*EXPLODES INTO FRAGMENTS AND REFORMS IN THE SHOWER*
Why would he do that?. . . You know? Reform in a shower? :awesome:

Actually Oasis, I wanna know which Mach Rider you prefer?

Melee Mach rider, or the original one?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Maybe I should think about doing those alternate stage ideas that I was kicking around awhile back?
Right now would be a good time I guess. As right now we're turning into Gamefaqs. :facepalm:

Also I'm going to start working on a R.O.B. stage, so if you know a few good retro/early NES game songs, let me know so I can get a listen. ;)

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Kingdom Hearts 3DS... do you think that'll raise Soda's chances? I really don't want him in the only Square rep I want is Slime or Black Mage but I was just wondering.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I enjoy forcing the members of this thread to look upon the bane of their favorite character's chances. Very few characters have chances for Sm4sh as good as Tingle.
I still don't understand why everyone thinks Tingle shound get in. And btw: Zoroark, Isaac, and even Waluigi beat that score. But seriously, Why Tingle? What would his moveset be + FS? I could understand ROB because he's never really been "Introduced", but Tingle is well-knowned... Don't wanna flame, but seriously.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Kingdom Hearts 3DS... do you think that'll raise Soda's chances? I really don't want him in the only Square rep I want is Slime or Black Mage but I was just wondering.

I'm not sure why Soda Popinski would benefit from Kingdom Hearts being released...:awesome:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To be honest, I don't think so. Even if it just comes down to trophies, most of them, to my limited knowledge of the series, would be Disney-based, correct? Not sure if Nintendo would want to have certain agreements with American animation companies. I don't know, Just a thought.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yeah thino I pointed this out a long time ago in he beginning of this thread and named it the full circle theory. As of recently though it seems the circle is getting smaller and as time goes on different topics being less and less fruitful.

@Omega: Tbh I think it's you guys have run of ideas you are comfortable talking about.

I haven't seen a single fully fleshed moveset, no frames, (excluding that horrid victini moveset and oasis's ridley moveset). Try making two real movesets with character attributes and conduct a theorized match-up discussion.

Maybe that would kick some life in here and give something fresh since you guys are slowly becoming single-tracked-minded to only talk about characters.

Sadface@ no more stage concepts from Star, that at least gave something look forward to in this thread.

And oh yeah, the backroom is pitiful. It died as fast as it was made.

Yeah, which is sad because there's a lack of activity as well, I suppose people only want to talk about characters which has me tired to death, especially Pokemon And Fire Emblem, and yes more new Star stages are heavily missed.

I suppose I will bear with it until E3 2012 I suppose.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

I really doubt it, unless Square themself is interested in Sora being in Smash, otherwise it would be Slime, heck maybe even Geno. I really do want Sora though as he would be unique and interesting, I used to support him back during the Brawl hype lol..

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've recently been thinking about a Mole Mania stage. Perhaps Jinbe's farm?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also, new news on the event Mewtwo. Apparently, its purpose was to commemorate the one year anniversary of Black and White in Japan.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
It's immature for a videogame player, who spends his time on a site where all you do is nerd out over character speculation to call another videogame player "immature" because they play a series you don't like. End of story. I could say the exact same thing about people who play Mario, Kirby, Digimon, Pac-Man. Any game really.
Wow, shortie, you're right. I think I've simply grown too old to care about petty **** like this anymore. I certainly don't play anything besides smash anymore; you could argue I don't "like" any of the franchises we've been discussing. I thought I was justifying it in the same way that I watch Oscar sweeps and Hugo awards, staying up to date on entertainment trends, but nope, this is a complete and utter waste of my time.

Clearly the video game demographic isn't worthy of my attentions. Instead I'll spend my free time expanding my skill set as a contributive member of society. After all, I can't eat a pokemon. I'll never enjoy the warmth of Zamus' company. I'll never get to feel the crunch of Toon Link's jaw against my knuckles.

So thank you, sincerely, Shortie, for this metanoic experience. I can only hope you'll one day enjoy the same blissful feeling of financial freedom. I am no longer enslaved to mindless forms of entertainment, the last bonds of sociological curiosity have been broken!

Callooh, Callay, Koolo-Limpah! Farewell my new friends, I'm off to find more rewarding ventures! Best wishes to all and to all a good riddance!

Peace out,

~Pho

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Status