• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Byebye!

10POKEmanz

Can you or someone else have to measure what's Dyna Blade height in Smash Bros.?
I picture her slightly taller than Charizard.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, my above post now has more Mole Mania music, feel free to add it to the group.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Why would he do that?. . . You know? Reform in a shower? :awesome:

Actually Oasis, I wanna know which Mach Rider you prefer?

Melee Mach rider, or the original one?
Because I was dirty. >:

And I prefer the Melee Mach Rider design. The extra details give more to look at while he explodes into fragments. As in, you might see his armor floating around in the air, eventually reattaching itself to his reformed body. I was thinking maybe his helmet should be the one thing that doesn't float around. Like it's always where his "invisible" body would be. That might be a neat effect. Or ridiculous. One or the other.

However, I prefer doodling the original Mach Rider because IT IS EASIER TO WORK WITH. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

Some good Pokemon Gold/Silver music:

Violet City
Ecruteak City
Elite Four/GYM Leader Battle
Lance/Red Battle
Route 29
Route 28

Along with of course, Starphoenix's music. I seem to prefer the Heart Gold versions of most of these, though.

Man I do wish that Mach Rider rumor was true. Would have been great to have hope for his inclusion.
Lord Hokage said:
Also, why do people root for Victini? he's just a rodent like Mew, Zoroark is WAY better.
- Similar body structure to Pichu.
- Movie came out on July, 2011, the closest to SSB4's development starting. I think this played a role in not only giving Lucario "mascot" status of the 4th gen, but contributing to his appearance.
- Doesn't suffer from the "humanoid Pokemon" negative stereotype, which helps its image and partly contributed to increase in requests for playable status.
- Has been shown on its feet when battling whereas others with Mew-like stats are shown levitating.

By no means is it a shoe-in, but its a definite possibility.
Opelucid said:
I've been into Pokemon since it first started... I remember when I got a Gameboy Color for Christmas one year I finally got my first Pokemon game Gold Version.
I loved Pokemon so much during those era, 2nd gen being my favorite.
Metal Overlord said:
How about everyone having a scouter as an alt costume?
Lots and lots of "IT'S OVAR 9000!!!" memes incoming...

@Shortiecanbrawl: I think Toon Zelda/Sheik, Bandanna Dee, Ninten, Isa Jo, Matthew, and Meloetta should be added.
SwyaneGang said:
How about everyone having a scouter as an alt costume?
Make the game as fantastic as possible.
SwyaneGang said:
Also, lack of discussion on here? Well, give me a couple of hours, and I'll gladly throw in my 50 bucks worth for everyone to talk about. (I know, the term is "2 cents worth," but I've got a lot to say.)
Activity seems to be pretty great now.
Phostopheles said:
I enjoy forcing the members of this thread to look upon the bane of their favorite character's chances. Very few characters have chances for Sm4sh as good as Tingle.
They aren't that fantastic...

Seriously, I could name fifteen, possibly more, that have better shots then Tingle.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Man I do wish that Mach Rider rumor was true. Would have been great to have hope for his inclusion.
I wouldn't say he's COMPLETELY hopeless. He apparently has Sakurai's favor. Takamaru is the frontrunner of retro choices I would say. BUT, after him, it's probably about even between Lip and Mach Rider. Lip is the face of a popular franchise (though she hasn't made... I don't think an appearance since her first game) and is still decently popular with the Japanese. Mach Rider, again, is apparently liked by Sakurai, and is also an international character.

THEY'RE BOTH pretty hopeless, but still. :awesome:

MACH RIDER'S MACH BIKE WAS IN MARIO KART WII, FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH. As was Falcon's Blue Falcon. I'm telling you, they're total bros.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
IF YOU BELIEVE...
DEEPLY BELIEVE AND PRAY TO THE ALL MIGHTY SAKURAI
maybe...just maybe
YOU
ARE
MACHRIDEEEERRRRRRR

Dyna Bros? May I ask who they are because I have no clue.. :/

Mach Rider equals new memes.~~

:phone:
Dyna bros? xD No no no man. Dyna "BLADE." Shes a reoccuring character from the kirby series. She really doesn't have too much of a chance though. I mean her design is cool, but she doesn't play too much of a role in the kirby series.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
How does Sakurai favor MachRider if he later scrapped him and deemed him as failure in Melee? Source?? article??? Or is it assumption? :awesome:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Shortiecanbrawl: I think Toon Zelda/Sheik, Bandanna Dee, Ninten, Isa Jo, Matthew, and Meloetta should be added.Make the game as fantastic as possible.Activity seems to be pretty great now.

They aren't that fantastic...

Seriously, I could name fifteen, possibly more, that have better shots then Tingle.
I'll add them all, BUT not Toon Zelda/Sheik. It will be Toon Zelda/Tetra.

And yeah, Tingle's chances are FANTASTIC. . . for a LoZ character...

D

Deleted member

Shortiecanbrawl said:
And yeah, Tingle's chances are FANTASTIC. . . for a LoZ character...
On that note I concur with you. Tingle does have the best shot for a new Zelda rep, but the problem being, I don't see one as likely.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
On that note I concur with you. Tingle does have the best shot for a new Zelda rep, but the problem being, I don't see one as likely.
Well, I just see Tingle as an icing character. As far as I'm concerned, LoZ is complete with the three, and then the Toon/Young Link persona. He would be a cool character, but he isn't needed or anything.

Tingle and Ghirahim should both be in!!
No sir. Unless you're suggesting:

Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Tingle
Ghirahim

then IDGAF.

Would anyone mind if we got a six pokemon roster, but no PT? SO it was actually six Pokemon?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
How does Sakurai favor MachRider if he later scrapped him and deemed him as failure in Melee? Source?? article??? Or is it assumption? :awesome:
The only thing we've heard him say on Mach Rider was that he was his "favorite character for Super Smash Bros. 2."

The Excited Biker, however, was deemed a failure like Bubbles, Urban Champion, and Balloon Fighter. :awesome:

@Shortie: PeTie's not going anywhere! ...YOU ARE THE CLU LANDER...?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The only thing we've heard him say on Mach Rider was that he was his "favorite character for Super Smash Bros. 2."

The Excited Biker, however, was deemed a failure like Bubbles, Urban Champion, and Balloon Fighter. :awesome:
Don't talk **** about BUBBLES OF CLU CLU LAND.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So, to spur some discussion. Here is another stage concept. If it were possible for something to be worked out between both Square Enix and Nintendo, maybe we could see this?

You know the song and it's wooden master of the Geno secret society. The infamous Forest Maze from Super Mario RPG rises from obscurity!

The stage takes place in the dark woods of the maze itself. The trees bend an twist, concealing the pipes scattered along the backdrop. Mushrooms and stumps abound rotting on the floor of this green labyrinth. The ground covered with green foliage blanketing the ground. Wigglers traipse along the ground in the back with their carefree smile and walk. Also making appearances in the background will be Chocobos and Slimes as an ode to Square Enix's larger properties. The sun will glisten through the trees, and as they blow in the wind the light will scatter in the forest floor. Giving the stage a dark but ambient setting. Something befitting for a forest. Little tomatoes will abound on the leaves of the trees dropping below as time goes on.

The platforms will be made of many forest based material. Stumps and mushrooms will be your platforms. In the middle of the stage is a large mushroom that acts as a large platform, two stumps on both sides of the stage will play as platforms allowing you to access the higher levels. Another mushroom will occasionally sprout from the stage acting as an extra platform. It can appear in the upper right hand corner of the stage, sprouting off of a tree. Rattle the mushroom on the tree enough and the mushroom will fall off. Damaging any opponents caught in its path ever so slightly. The stage is not walk off, strangely, even though it is on the ground. It is a stage you must recover on. Luckily it is spacious enough to avoid being knocked off too much.

A perfect stage to represent the iconic setting from the cult hit, and cult is right, Super Mario RPG.

Stage Example:

...................................oooo
.............ooooooooooo
......__............................__
xx_______________________xx

Super Mario RPG - Beware The Forest Mushrooms
Super Mario RPG - Stronger Monster
Super Mario RPG - Armed Boss
Super Mario RPG - Booster's Tower ~ And My Name is Booster
Super Mario RPG - Smithy ~ Smithy Transformed
Super Mario RPG - Bowser's Theme
Super Mario RPG - Nimbus Land
Super Mario RPG - Culex
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - Boss Battle
Super Mario World - Forest of Illusion
Chrono Trigger - Secret of the Forest
Secret of Mana - Into The Thick of It

OmegaXXII

If I recall it was Mach Rider since at one point he was going to be playable in Melee along with Balloon Fighter and Bubbles, at least that's what I've read so far.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I love this stage. I've always imagined it as Geno's level. Nothing else COULD be his level. Booster's Tower. How much I hated that level. He reminded me of Wario so much.

Whenever someon brings up cult classics I ALWAYS think of NiGHTS. You know? That one thing SEGA did right?. . . once.

OmegaXXII

Would anyone mind if we got a six pokemon roster, but no PT? SO it was actually six Pokemon?
NO!! I want Pokemon Trainer now!

Anyway if I had to choose these would be it.

Pikachu
Victini
Mewtwo
Genesect
Jigglypuff
Deoxys

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If I recall it was Mach Rider since at one point he was going to be playable in Melee along with Balloon Fighter and Bubbles, at least that's what I've read so far.
Sorry, but you recall incorrectly. It was the Excited Biker. They were never GOING to be playable. Sakurai's idea was to have one NES character, and those were some of the ones he also considered. Ice Climbers were the only ones that were ever going to be playable.

When he looks to add retro characters, he's only looking back for interesting characters (Not Sheriff or the Duck Hunt dog).

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/1009/index.html IBLIS.

That is, of course, an argument against Mach Rider, since he deemed Ice Climbers and Pit more interesting. But I choose to be delusional and spin theories to why it isn't such. :D

@Star: Slime and Chocobo sneaking around in back? NICE TOUCH.

OmegaXXII

Nice concept Starphoenix of the night, I like the music selection so much, especially that Chrono forest theme, I like the environment as well. :)

OmegaXXII

Sorry, but you recall incorrectly. It was the Excited Biker. They were never GOING to be playable. Sakurai's idea was to have one NES character, and those were some of the ones he also considered. Ice Climbers were the only ones that were ever going to be playable.

When he looks to add retro characters, he's only looking back for interesting characters (Not Sheriff or the Duck Hunt dog).

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/1009/index.html IBLIS.

That is, of course, an argument against Mach Rider, since he deemed Ice Climbers and Pit more interesting. But I choose to be delusional and spin theories to why it isn't such. :D

@Star: Slime and Chocobo sneaking around in back? NICE TOUCH.
Well yeah, but that was during Melee though, I didn't see such representation in Brawl, ironically it was Excite Bike that got to be AT instead, would he favor him now since it wasn't even shown in Brawl?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I considered throwing in a Rabite in the background as well. But sadly I don't think Square even remembers the series. :(

You know, if SquareEnix even remembered this game existed I'd have put this song in.

Secret of Evermore - Greek Temple

;_;

D

Deleted member

Hey Starphoenix, nice stage concept there. I really enjoyed it. Personally, I find it kind of sad that almost no content from Super Mario RPG: Legends of the Seven Stars were in Smash. I don't need a playable Geno, but some music would be nice.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well it's nice to see another stage to help get us back on topic.

And here I was worried about this thread turning into Gamefaqs (I still am though). :ohwell:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Well yeah, but that was during Melee though, I didn't see such representation in Brawl, ironically it was Excite Bike that got to be AT instead, would he favor him now since it wasn't even shown in Brawl?
Who knows? :awesome:

Could be waiting for the right opportunity to let Mach Rider... RIDE AGAIN?!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey Starphoenix, nice stage concept there. I really enjoyed it. Personally, I find it kind of sad that almost no content from Super Mario RPG: Legends of the Seven Stars were in Smash. I don't need a playable Geno, but some music would be nice.
I'd still take a playable Geno. Unlike what people may think I am for Geno as much as I am Slime and Chocobo. Heck, I'm even for Chrono even though he isn't likely. The only Square character I cannot stand and do not want is Cloud. Sora is a little annoying, but just having Kingdom Hearts music would make it up to me. Black Mage is a little boring, but I don't mind him.

Just no Cloud...

OmegaXXII

I considered throwing in a Rabite in the background as well. But sadly I don't think Square even remembers the series. :(

You know, if SquareEnix even remembered this game existed I'd have put this song in.

Secret of Evermore - Greek Temple

;_;
No cloud, but Sephiroth yes?!
whoa! This seems like a hidden memento of sorts awesome.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
whoa! This seems like a hidden memento of sorts awesome.

Secret of Evermore is one of the best and most under rated SNES titles of all time in my opinion. The game is phenomenal, the music unmatched, and the story fresh. It als has this isolated feel that is actually pulled off quite well. I am so glad I still have a SNES! ^_^

Sadly the only reason I did not list the beautiful music is SquareEnix likes to forget the game even exists. For shame... Has one of the best boss tracks ever.

No too Sephiroth also. No Final Fantasy character past Final Fantasy VI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom