• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'd still take a playable Geno. Unlike what people may think I am for Geno as much as I am Slime and Chocobo. Heck, I'm even for Chrono even though he isn't likely. The only Square character I cannot stand and do not want is Cloud. Sora is a little annoying, but just having Kingdom Hearts music would make it up to me. Black Mage is a little boring, but I don't mind him.

UMMMMMMMMM Hikaru Utada in Smash!?! YES.

D

Deleted member

I'd still take a playable Geno. Unlike what people may think I am for Geno as much as I am Slime and Chocobo. Heck, I'm even for Chrono even though he isn't likely. The only Square character I cannot stand and do not want is Cloud. Sora is a little annoying, but just having Kingdom Hearts music would make it up to me. Black Mage is a little boring, but I don't mind him.

Just no Cloud...
Geno is probably my 2nd most wanted Square Enix newcomer after Slime. Unfortunately, I find a Fortune Street appearance doubtful, so I'm not sure if he'll even appear at all.

And oh yes, Cloud is an awful choice.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Wouldn't Cloud be a Peach clone.

Is there really not a better picture than that? Oh well. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A DRESS.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Secret of Evermore is one of the best and most under rated SNES titles of all time in my opinion. The game is phenomenal, the music unmatched, and the story fresh. It als has this isolated feel that is actually pulled off quite well. I am so glad I still have a SNES! ^_^

Sadly the only reason I did not list the beautiful music is SquareEnix likes to forget the game even exists. For shame... Has one of the best boss tracks ever.

No too Sephiroth also. No Final Fantasy character past Final Fantasy VI.
Wow, epic proportions, I indeed enjoyed that rarely mentioned track, I agree that this should be in Smash.

:phone:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Everyone knows Cloud would be an Ike clone. After all, Cloud fights for his friends. :awesome:

Cloud would make me vomit a little inside. I don't care if he comes with every Final Fantasy song I like. There is no rectifying that damage!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If they have to give me a main protagonist in the Final Fantasy series I only want Cecil. Just for the obvioous dark warrior/light warrior switching mechanic.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You know why it is so difficult to come up with a Final Fantasy stage concept? Because there is no unifying theme between the entire series. There has already been enough "natural" stages, so a plains stage would not work. Airship maybe? Those are rather prolific through out the series right?

Jokes aside what unifying thing is there in the Final Fantasy series?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Anyways, to try and get our sense back a little. I am waiting for Kirby's Return to Dreamland to be released. I'm of the opinion Kirby will be receiving two new stages in the next game. One from Epic Yarn, and the other from Kirby's Return to Dreamland to succeed Green Greens since it will inevitably be leaving us in the transition from Brawl to the next game.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Anyways, to try and get our sense back a little. I am waiting for Kirby's Return to Dreamland to be released. I'm of the opinion Kirby will be receiving two new stages in the next game. One from Epic Yarn, and the other from Kirby's Return to Dreamland to succeed Green Greens since it will inevitably be leaving us in the transition from Brawl to the next game.
What about Kirby Mass Attack? That game looks really fun. Plus, it could harbor a cool stage. It's like Pikmin meets Kirby.

YOU ARE THE RED RIDER!
I JUST cuaght that. haha

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
What about Kirby Mass Attack? That game looks really fun. Plus, it could harbor a cool stage. It's like Pikmin meets Kirby.
Because Kirby's Return to Dreamland will have the higher quality design and will probably sell a tad better. In a way it will kind of amalgamate both games in the likely Smash 4 version. I mean Kirby's Mass Attack will probably see a track or two on the new stage. Plus, this game has been in development for like a decade now. That deserves a freaking stage! lol

Would anybody consider a good stage from that Kirby Wii game that upcoming?

I already have one, just waiting to see more on it. Cookie Canyon. Fountain Gardens and, possibly, Cookie Canyon are my bets for the new Kirby stages, with a returning Halberd.

Fountain Gardens
Cookie Canyon
The Halberd

Looks good to me.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Would it be weird for Meta Knight and Dedede to share such bright and cheery stages with Kirby? :I ...Wouldn't be INCREDIBLY out of place or anything, but maybe a little place of their own?

OFINE. The Halberd.

@Shortie: 8D

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I can guarantee we will be seeing a Galaxy stage. My bet is still on the Starship Mario. I'm also pretty confident we will be getting a "Mushroom Kingdom" like stage that is going to be a mix between New Super Mario Bros. Wii and New Super Mario 3D Land. Something I'm less certain of is Rainbow Road. It gets a lot of requests, and I could see it replacing Mario Circuit. Not one of my more certain bets, but I'm relatively confident in it. Of course we will get a new Luigi's Mansion stage, "Luigi's Greater Mansion" is the term I've coined. Which in my mind leaves either Mario Bros. or Mushroomy Kingdom as the returning Mario stage. I give the slight edge to Mushroomy Kingdom.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Wow, a Phostopheles/asage flame war happened while I was gone?

Also, iblis, it does get hella boring talking about characters we want, but as this is a fighting game, that's all people are really going to want to discuss...

I want to discuss how the stages and character models will be handled on the 3DS' screen, but the 3DS thread is deaddder than a b*tch, so no dice there...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I want to discuss how the stages and character models will be handled on the 3DS' screen, but the 3DS thread is deaddder than a b*tch, so no dice there...
How do you mean exactly? In terms of graphics, Uprising would probably be the best indicator.

...I thought it'd be cool if it had a chibi-theme about it, but that probably won't happen. Y'KNOW... CUTE LITTLE HANDHELD COMPARED TO ITS BIG BRO THE WII U.

OmegaXXII

Chibi style characters on the 3DS? That would rack up sales big time! I would so buy it just because of the style, not necessarly the content itself, if Nintendo were smart they would do this!!

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
How do you mean exactly? In terms of graphics, Uprising would probably be the best indicator.
That, too, but I was wondering how bigger stages would be like on Smash 3D since the camera's zoomed out and the models are so small.

They could pull a Smash 64 on us, though, and make every stage relatively small.

Then there's the actual 3D effects and rendering. Don't you have to render everything twice in 3D? As just an average old dudeman, I'm not knowledgeable at this type of stuff so I'm just curious.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Thoughts on my Mario stage speculation?
I guess that all sounds about right. Brawl's Luigi's Mansion may come back, I suppose. IF I COULD HAVE THINGS MY WAY...

Mario Galaxy stage
Bowser's Castle
Rainbow Road
Luigi's Mansion (Brawl)
Princess Peach's Castle (Melee)
Mushroom Kingdom (64)

...Delfino Plaza if Bowser Jr. makes it. 8D ...I'm probably forgetting some other good choices.

OmegaXXII

I want Meta Stage back as Princess Peach's sky castle. All in HD glory, maybe even Fourside which was my favorite stage of all time with it's theme. :bee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom