• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
No, the Phoenix Wright of Nintendo characters would be Tom Nook.
I can see it. But I am just referring to a more "bumbling" playstyle. Perhaps I should say Slippy could be the Norimoro of Nintendo characters?

I'd be more interested in seeing a Shuma-Gorath style character in Smash.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Medusa may have the "tentacles" via her snake hair, but I don't see her being Shuma-esque unless Uprising provides the material for that.

I just want to see a MvC3 Jill type character in Smash. The only character I can think that can apply to is Wolf.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well I would suggest a certain something for my Shuma fix in Smash, but I am mainly thinking of Nintendo characters.

Technically, Kuma, I could see Krystal playing like that honestly.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Meh, It's just my own opinion.

But I will admit her Snakes just aren't a substitute for his awesome tentacles. :awesome:
It's not even that it is more of a body based fighting style. Have no idea what to call it?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's not even that it is more of a body based fighting style. Have no idea what to call it?
???

Yeah, I'm not sure what you mean by Shuma's fighting style.

I just can see her using her snake hair similar to many of his tentacle based moves, and shooting lazer beams out of her eyes (stone vision?).

I guess it's just my imagination, it has been a while since I've used Shuma in MvC3 so just ignor my thoughts on this matter.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
IT IS THE WORK OF THE MACH RIDER! THE PAGES EXPLODED INTO FRAGMENTS AND ARE IN THE PROCESS OF REFORMING AN ELBOW IN YOUR FACE.

Caps.
I had to quote this post just to even see what Goku posted. :crazy:

After that, the page will probably fragment again, so do not expecteth a quick reply...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Slippy is definitely not more likely, or a better choice than Krystal. Nothing really points to that at all.

As for the Shuma talk, what about Giygas? He looks all moldable? I haven't even seen Jill's new moveset for MvC3 yet, so I can't comment on that.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Slippy is definitely not more likely, or a better choice than Krystal. Nothing really points to that at all.

As for the Shuma talk, what about Giygas? He looks all moldable? I haven't even seen Jill's new moveset for MvC3 yet, so I can't comment on that.
While I'm not for Krystal anymore, I do agree. Krystal is much more likely then him. Heck Slippy is just as hated as DHD, if not more so.

???

What about Giygas and Jill?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
While I'm not for Krystal anymore, I do agree. Krystal is much more likely then him. Heck Slippy is just as hated as DHD, if not more so.

Quote from the SSB4 discussion group that ums up SF pretty well IMO:

Toise's Super Money Pick:

Fox
Falco
Wolf

Yep, I expect it to stay the same.

---------------------------------------

Regarding Falco: Here to stay. Feel free to argue against, but you'd be way-off base.

Regarding Wolf: I'd put him down as a good candidate for being cut due to time constraints (should there be cuts, of course). I still expect him though.

*** Krystal ***

Yes, I do think Krystal is the #4 character for Star Fox at present, but I don't think she'll be getting in this game. Has nothing to do with Star Fox 64 3D and everything to do with other series being neglected in terms of characters. Really hoping you guys talk up this bit.

***** Other Stuff *****

Other characters: We know better than that, so pass.

Future of the series: Miyamoto made a joke about how if Star Fox 64 3D doesn't sell well, it'd be the last Star Fox. People on the internet being who they are, took it completely seriously.

My money says this will be the last Star Fox game we'll see in time for Sakurai to start making his roster, however (meaning I also assume there's no Star Fox U in development right now). Not that any of that would necessarily mandate Krystal's inclusion/exclusion in Sakurai's mind, but I figure it's worth mentioning.
???

What about Giygas and Jill?
They were talking about people who could have similar movesets to Jill and Shuma, I suggested Giygas for Shuma, because he LOOKS moldable. But IDRK anything about him.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I just recently discovered something about Lip that may indirectly boost her prospects for Smash 4.

Apparently, the Japanese Panel de Pon fans were very upset that Panel de Pon DS had "no ounce of cuteness". Many of them wondering "Where's the cute?"

They were bitter over the game not having Lip and the rest of the Panel de Pon cast as the main protagonist and main theme to the game. To them the game had no personality.

This may be good for Lip because Intelligent Systems might consider re-introducing Lip to the Panel de Pon series. If she is re-introduced, then her chances for a playable spot in Smash Bros. are greatly increased.

Here is the link to the review of Panel de Pon DS that shows the discontentment of the Japanese fans:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/任天堂-13306191-パネルでポンDS/dp/B000NOLWDC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316900515&sr=8-1

I think this proves that Lip is seen as the "face" of the Panel de Pon.
So are you using the amazon quotes here?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
They were talking about people who could have similar movesets to Jill and Shuma, I suggested Giygas for Shuma, because he LOOKS moldable. But IDRK anything about him.
Oh ok, but I doubt Giygas would ever happen outside of a boss.

As for Jill, I don't think her MvC2 version would work. Her MvC3 version I can't say I know too much about as I can't even play her properly (she's too fast :awesome:), but her style may already be seen in Z.S.Samus's standards.

Also as a new topic, what other newcomers might we see barrow styles from other fighting games?

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Berserker, are you on PC or iPhone because I don't know what fragments your talking about :O

@--- and Shortie
You guys don't know what I'm talking about when I bring up Naruto right?

Jill moveset is based off RE5, completely different from her MvC2 moveset. Frank West has those "gasp, a zombie" specials in TvC, which his moveset will be based off for UMvC.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@--- and Shortie

Jill moveset is based off RE5, completely different from her MvC2 moveset. Frank West has those "gasp, a zombie" specials in TvC, which his moveset will be based off for UMvC.
Yeah I know, I'm a Naruto fan as well, and therefore have played the Ulimate Ninja series; so I do see what you're getting at. ;)

Also Frank West is awesome. That is all. :cool:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@--- and Shortie
Oh I definitely do, I just don't know of any Nintendo characters who extend their neck the length of a football feild or a character who can have his own head come out of his mouth.

Orochimaru type characters aren't Nintendo's thing, as far as I know.

Oh ok, but I doubt Giygas would ever happen outside of a boss.
Well I'm not suggesting him, just trying to find an answer for thei question.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Would Geno take extra damage from Fire attacks. Like, from Ridley's fireballs for example.

(Supposedly, the Trainer's Pokemon actually do take more or less damage depending on whether the attacks are Fire, Water, or Grass (Which, really, just means Ivysaur gets shafted since loads of characters do fire attacks, and water doesn't do any damage to begin with))

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Would Geno take extra damage from Fire attacks. Like, from Ridley's fireballs for example.

(Supposedly, the Trainer's Pokemon actually do take more or less damage depending on whether the attacks are Fire, Water, or Grass (Which, really, just means Ivysaur gets shafted since loads of characters do fire attacks, and water doesn't do any damage to begin with))
Geno's actually a normal/ ghost type

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

If that's true, that's beyond stupid. Squirtle would only be hurt by Pikachu, and like. . Peach's turnips?

Peach tosses a turnip. . .

Squirtle fainted

No. That's silly. I think the Pokemon trainer should be able to throw the Pokeball in three spots, depending on where your pokemon last was. The right, the left, and in the air. Otherwise switching Pokemon during battle is a stupid idea.

So Arcadnik brought up an interesting idea for a Unova trainer. He uses the three Starters, and then his final smash is Victini. I'm assuming you would be able to switch into victini or Trainer Black the same way you would be able to with Zamus.

This way, we could get something like this?

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo / Lucario (Veteran choices)
Zoroark / Deoxys / ect. (Brand new Pokemon)
Unova Trainer (Tep/Sam/Serp & Victini)

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Medusa may have the "tentacles" via her snake hair, but I don't see her being Shuma-esque unless Uprising provides the material for that.

I just want to see a MvC3 Jill type character in Smash. The only character I can think that can apply to is Wolf.
Zoroark mang.

Zoroark moves in a wild manner. Her command dash could make use of her illusion ability, original zoroark dissapears and the "real" zoroark appears somewhat father ahead, like a pseudo teleport. Think Hsien-ko's dash only with more range.

Berserker, are you on PC or iPhone because I don't know what fragments your talking about :O

@--- and Shortie

What? Why? Who? Huh?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
SlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippySlippy
The thing is, you wouldn't ever say that about Gen I, would you? The idea is a little MUCH, I agree. But I don't think it's bad because of how much Gen V it has.

Also, Trainer Silver 4 Smash.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Who would ever say that about the precious gem of the world, Gen I?!

-- Oasis_Silveractuallydyeshishairred.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Who would ever say that about the precious gem of the world, Gen I?!

-- Oasis_Silveractuallydyeshishairred.
Well, you know what they say.

Pokemon Gen I > Diamonds, Children, world peace

Oasis_Silverisn'ttheonlyonewhodoesthatIusedtodyemyhairredaswelllikeMEGAred.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Well, you know what they say.

Pokemon Gen I > Diamonds, Children, world peace

Oasis_Silverisn'ttheonlyonewhodoesthatIusedtodyemyhairredaswelllikeMEGAred.
Gen I is better than the world's amount of diamonds, pearls, rubies, sapphires, gold, and silver? :awesome:

Putting blacks and whites in there would be a little awkward.

Our inability to decide upon Gen representation should become a stage where all the legendaries duke it out, leaving characters helpless in the flaming mayhem. NOW THEY KNOW HOW IT FEELS. WHAT WE HAVE TO GO THROUGH.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Generation 1 has Mew which can turn into any pokemon and Mewtwo, the only pokemon with free will, thus the only pokemon capable of evil

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Gen I is better than the world's amount of diamonds, pearls, rubies, sapphires, gold, and silver? :awesome:

Putting blacks and whites in there would be a little awkward.
YOU WOULD chicken out. Psh, typical Ridley supporter. Sakurai asks you to lose a few pounds for Brawl AND GUESS WHAT? You chicken out and give the big role to R.O.B

Sometimes, you just gotta ask yourself, what would Waluigi do? He woulda thrown black and white right on in there, and CROSS CHOPPED the **** out of anyone who even thought about questioning his judgement.

Such a Ridley you are.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No he's the ♥♪!? type!
Sounds like a glitch type to me.

Get ready for infinite rare candies and a screwed up hall of fame in SM4SH

♥♪!? is Geno's real name for those who don't know

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
YOU WOULD chicken out. Psh, typical Ridley supporter. Sakurai asks you to lose a few pounds for Brawl AND GUESS WHAT? You chicken out and give the big role to R.O.B

Sometimes, you just gotta ask yourself, what would Waluigi do? He woulda thrown black and white right on in there, and CROSS CHOPPED the **** out of anyone who even thought about questioning his judgement.

Such a Ridley you are.
Oasis_Sass said:
Gen I is better than the world's amount of diamonds, pearls, rubies, sapphires, gold, silver, and MOST ESPECIALLY GAYS.
Fixed. :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom