• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yeah thino I pointed this out a long time ago in he beginning of this thread and named it the full circle theory. As of recently though it seems the circle is getting smaller and as time goes on different topics being less and less fruitful.

@Omega: Tbh I think it's you guys have run of ideas you are comfortable talking about.

I haven't seen a single fully fleshed moveset, no frames, (excluding that horrid victini moveset and oasis's ridley moveset). Try making two real movesets with character attributes and conduct a theorized match-up discussion.

Maybe that would kick some life in here and give something fresh since you guys are slowly becoming single-tracked-minded to only talk about characters.

Sadface@ no more stage concepts from Star, that at least gave something look forward to in this thread.

And oh yeah, the backroom is pitiful. It died as fast as it was made.

:phone:
Yeah, it's been brought up that we're all running out of ideas.

Movesets, I've made/been working on a few (Ex. Caeda, Mewtwo, MM), but most people haven't even been paying attention to them or won't help me work on them when I ask some quick questions.

Frame rate, I'm not that competetive yet so I can't really do much of that other they saying which moves on my moveset have lag.

As for stage concepts, it's a bummer, I do have a few in mind, but it's just not my style; but maybe with a bit of encouragement...

The backroom, I would love for it to start up again, but with no central hub like this there, every new idea and disscusion topic is never seen or discussed.

Over all we may all just need some down time and pressure to get the BR to start up again, so maybe locking the thread for a few days would help? :ohwell:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I look forward to those days Star.

Oh and don't feel as if I'm categorizing you in that general attack my post was making.

There are still a few in here I think could talk about ssb4 beyond characters and you are one of them.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I didn't think you were attacking anyone. I just saw the word "stage" and gravitated towards that. lol

Yeah stages are my thing. I always enjoyed the stage updates on the DOJO more than any other update, even characters. The one problem I had with Brawl is the stages seemed smaller than in the previous games. I am not sure if the models are just bigger or it is actually the stage itself? Seriously, play the Melee stages in Melee and than play them in Brawl. They feel smaller, especially Green Greens.

What games?

Mario Kart 7, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Skyward Sword, Fortune Street and Super Mario 3D Land. I will also be redoing my Dragon Quest stage and will be changing it to "Astortia" from Dragon Quest X.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Why Mario Kart/Land? I don't think the Mario series won't add characters... I mean, they pretty much got their 4 stars: Mario, Luigi, Bowser, and Peach. I don't c Luigi, peach, and Bowser leaving.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@star/trihypen/oasis/ssbf/beserk:

While I think closing the thread would put pressure into BR. The br would die again with the re-opening. It's a self-determination thing.

Tri-hy and Star: I love to with stage concepts and I've been wanting to throw a little bit of my ideas in them.

Oasis/tri-hy/anyone with movesets: I can do percents and frames.

To everyone who views this thread. Atm we are the community of SSB4 and so far we are lazy to be honest. Nothing really gets accomplished. We spend more time arguing about stupid things that come later "why is sky blue?" Or more like "I want lucario/I want Mewtwo." Instead of more productive things.

My examples of movements with potential that still potential but are dead beat failures right now:The backrom, Operation Connect, Character Allainces, PAC (however you spell it). All of those, wasted.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The backroom won't be used again until E3 of next year, and even then if we don't get any news... well, then E3 of 2013 is when it will be in use.

Basically, once Smash has a trailer at E3, this place will suck. But I think we should keep "scouting" here for good member material.

We're screwing around until we get some sort of: Leak, rumor, trailer, poll, SOMETHING. Also, I have my translations list for whenever the day comes that we need to vote on the Japanese poll, if anyone is bored I would love someone to look at it and tell me it it checks out?

[COLLAPSE="Here's the list if anyone chooses to look at it."]Super Mario/Yoshi/Wario Characters
• Toad - キノピオ
• Bowser Jr. - クッパJr.
• Paper Mario - マリオ(ペーパー)
• Kamek -カメック
• Mona - モナ?
• Captain Syrup - キャプテン・シロップ
• Ashley - アシュリー

Donkey Kong Series
• Dixie Kong - ディクシーコング
• King K. Rool - キングクルール

The Legend Of Zelda
• Young Link - こどもリンク
• Tingle - チンクル
• Ghirahim

Metroid
• Ridley -リドリー
• Dark Samus - ダークサムス
• Anthouny Higgs - アンソニー・ヒッグス

Kirby Superstar
• Prince Fluff - フラッフ

StarFox
• Krystal - クリスタル

F-Zero
• Black Shadow - ブラックシャドー
• Samurai Goroh - サムライ ゴロー

Mother
• Claus/Masked Man - クラウス/ かめんのおとこ

Fire Emblem
• Roy - ロイ
• Black Knight - 漆黒の騎士
• Caeda - -シーダ
• Lyn - -リン
• Chrome - クロム

Pokemon
• Mewtwo - ミュウツー
• Deoxys - デオキシス
• Victini - ビクティニ
• Zoroark - ゾロアーク
• Meowth - ニャース
• New Pokemon Trainer - 新しいポケモントレーナー
• Plusle and Minun -プラスルマイナン
• Genesect- ゲノセクト

Small Franchises
• Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight) - バルーンファイト
• Elza (The Last Story) - エルザ
• Isaac (Golden Sun) - ロビン
• Kanan (The Last Story) - カナン
• Lip (Panel De Pon) - リップ
• Little Mac (Punch Out!!) - リトルマック
• Magnus (Kid Icarus) - マグナス
• Medusa (Kid Icarus) -メデューサ
• Mii (Wii series) - ミー
• Palutena (Kid Icarus) - パルテナ
• Ray MK III (Custom Robo) - カスタムロボ
• Saki (Sin and Punishment) - 天宮 咲
• Shulk (Xenoblade) - シュルク
• Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) - スタフィー
• Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight) -スカポン
• Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle) - 鷹丸
• Tom Nook (Animal Crossing) -たぬきち

Third Party characters:
• Bomberman - ボンバーマン
• Simon Belmont (Castlevania) -シモン・ベルモンド
• Slime (Dragon Quest) - スライム
• Chocobo (Final Fantasy) - チョコボ,
• Black Mage (Final Fantasy) -黒魔道士
• Sora (Kingsom Hearts) -ソラ(キングダム ハーツ)
• Megaman - チョコボ,
• Pac-Man -パックマン
• Professor Layton - レイトン教授
• Jill Valentine (Resident Evil) -ジル・バレンタイン
• Nightmare (Soul Calibur) -ナイトメア (ソウルキャリバーV)
• Ryu (Stret Fighter) - リュウ (ストリートファイター)
• Geno (Super Mario RPG) -ジーノ

[/COLLAPSE]

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@shorts: from what I'm reading it looks right.

@star: character models from melee to brawl got bigger. Mostly noticeable, as you said, on the melee stages.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Shortie

At least give me some credit for helping you on those Translations. :p

@Everyone Else

Well if we need a few ideas to get us going I guess I can start working on my new stage ideas later tonight. So far they're for R.O.B. and a new Yoshi series stage other then the generic "Yoshi's Island."

Also I guess this is a sign to start up on my movesets again, so since I'll be doing my promised Mewtwo buff moveset 1st, if there is anything that anyone thinks should happen in particular to him let me know.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Shortie

At least give me some credit for helping you on those Translations. :p
He helped me on some of the translations. Most of them I went through all the "wikis" to find.

More onto who's going to leave the fight. I think RoB, Ice Climbers, Pikmin, and G&W (maybe), are gone
Think Lucario, Sonic, Snake, Ike, Toon Link, and Wolf as maybes. Not these four.

that translation list needs moar rukario ;D
That would be silly. Although if someone does have a suggestiong for a forth series Pokemon, I will look it up. I was thinking Darkrai. BUT IDEK.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Why would Olimar, ROB, Game and Watch, and Ice Climbers leave? Frankly, that's just stupid. They're actually UNIQUE!

EDIT: @ Shortie. Maybe you can add this fella to the translation list? モグラ〜ニャ It's Muddy Mole. I had to go through a whole two seconds finding it...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
...Please don't tell me you're comparing their uniqueness to Dr. Mario...

Not to mention, all the removed Melee characters had more representatives in their series...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That's a cheap way to get some discussion going, asage.

Not very STRONG of you.

@Iblis: Aren't movesets a little pointless since they're not something we can predict, and are BOUND to be different than how we suggest? I mean, it's FUN, but... Typically general descriptions are better? Like just an OVER-ARCHING quirk. LIKE EXPLODING INTO FRAGMENTS AND REFORMING. BD

@Shortshorts: 8DDD

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Not very STRONG of you.
Mach Rider - マッハライダー
Excitebike - エキサイトバイク (Too lazy to look for ExitebikeER)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Not very STRONG of you.
Why get into discussion of opinion? But if u want one, you got it. Olimar can be seen as one of the most worst players on that game. He makes no sense of why he's there. Apparently, Pikmin know ESP powers, and since when do they cast fire, electric, and poison damage?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

Not very STRONG of you.

@Iblis: Aren't movesets a little pointless since they're not something we can predict, and are BOUND to be different than how we suggest? I mean, it's FUN, but... Typically general descriptions are better? Like just an OVER-ARCHING quirk. LIKE EXPLODING INTO FRAGMENTS AND REFORMING. BD

@Shortshorts: 8DDD
It's better than discuss about how you want this character you metioned just last page.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Currently he's eighth on the tier list...yeah, he REALLY sucks...-_-'

He's there due to Pikmin being a popular series...

The elemental actors of Pikmin are based on their immunities in the games...

No other characters play like ROB and Ice Climbers...which makes them, you know, UNIQUE.

And it's a forum. Anyone can join in...

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
Ah, jump into the conversation , why don't you -_-
Well sure. Aside from Sonic and Snake, Lucario is the most likely to be cut. I'm not a fan of Pikmin, but at least it was an interesting game. I can't say the same for where the Pokemon series has been going...

You want my honest opinion? Whenever I see a Lucario fan, I can't help but think "what are you, twelve?" And this even applies to my own friends who are in college and still playing that ****.

In all seriousness, I don't give a damn about Olimar, but I'm not going to pretend he'll be cut. He's easily one of the more unique fighters in the game, and representing a fairly popular and current franchise. There's no reason for Nintendo to cut him.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You want my honest opinion? Whenever I see a Lucario fan, I can't help but think "what are you, twelve?" And this even applies to my own friends who are in college and still playing that ****.
Your opinion sucks.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's better than discuss about how you want this character you metioned just last page.
MAKKU RAIDAA!

I figure the UTILITY of a thorough moveset is just to prove a character can fight/be interesting. Like with Ridley I just had to prove he wasn't a Bowser clone. THOUGH PERHAPS MACH RIDER DOES DESERVE BETTER.

But then again you have guys posting movesets for the Duck Hunt dog (gross), so whadyagundo.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well sure. Aside from Sonic and Snake, Lucario is the most likely to be cut. I'm not a fan of Pikmin, but at least it was an interesting game. I can't say the same for where the Pokemon series has been going...QUOTE]

LOL LOL LOL Yep, and that's why they're still going unlike Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh? Dude, I know Pkmn, and I love to hear this kind of stuff. "Pokemon's dying" is my favorite hears. U brighten my day. Pokemon is 4ever, and no one can honestly lie about that. Go ahead: I wanna laugh. And my date of birth is 7/23/94. Thanks :)

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
Your opinion sucks.
I labelled it as an opinion. I'm just getting really peeved that asage types as coherently as a middle schooler. I know it's not personal, I know it might not be his fault, but having to sift through the nonsense still annoys the **** out of me.

LOL LOL LOL Yep, and that's why they're still going unlike Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh? Dude, I know Pkmn, and I love to hear this kind of stuff. "Pokemon's dying" is my favorite hears. U brighten my day. Pokemon is 4ever, and no one can honestly lie about that. Go ahead: I wanna laugh.
Lowest common denominator sells best.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
You know, someone brought up the question of, "What if the Smash Bros. series came to an end?" To that, I say this: If it does "end," then they have to (HAVE TO!!!) bring back every playable character ever made, whether as clones or completely redone. This happened with "Mortal Kombat: Armageddon"; it HAS to happen with Smash.

Also, lack of discussion on here? Well, give me a couple of hours, and I'll gladly throw in my 50 bucks worth for everyone to talk about. (I know, the term is "2 cents worth," but I've got a lot to say.)

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Sakurai must use ALL THE DISK SPACE! I hope he does with this new fancy smansy disk talk that nintendo has been doing.
What neat disk space using features would you like to see in SSB4?
I want to pose character models and manipulate screenshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom