• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
He apparently uses a machine gun on his motor cycle, which I think should be interesting to see.
I like that Smashes aim is to be childish but with it rated T and laser guns and swords, shouldnt be too much of a problem.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I support Roy, though Iworry that Chrome gets the spot only cause he is the newest character to the series

:phone:
Yeah, but it's uncertain as of now, for all we know Intelligent Systems may very well want Chrome in, thus Sakurai's Roy choice might not happen if we only get 2 FE slots, of course since FE is on the rise in both Japan and the West and Sakurai seems to personally favor the FE series I am thinking that we could possibly get 3 slots instead, thus enabling Roy and Chrome to both be in alongside Marth.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Cave Story? Ahh... Cave Story! That's actually a good point. The question is why not on the hero and the heroine? They are coming back to the 3DS in... 3D :)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I support Roy, though Iworry that Chrome gets the spot only cause he is the newest character to the series

Chrome isn't getting in because he's the newest in the series. Newer =\= guaranteed. Smash isn't that corporate. Whether he gets in or not depends on his own merits, like how well he and his game are received.

Easily. Character standards, and they both have it.
LOL. By that logic, we can talk about Mortal Kombat and Tekken in this thread because they're both fighting games...

OmegaXXII

Chrome isn't getting in because he's the newest in the series. Newer =\= guaranteed. Smash isn't that corporate. Whether he gets in or not depends on his own merits, like how well he and his game are received.
Meh....I wouldn't necessarly rule him out completely, Intelligent Systems could very well convince Sakurai to "promote" him in Smash such as they did with Ike, I explained it in my previous post.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Meh....I wouldn't necessarly rule him out completely, Intelligent Systems could very well convince Sakurai to "promote" him in Smash such as they did with Ike, I explained it in my previous post.

I wasn't ruling him out at all, I was just saying that Chrome isn't going to get in just because he's newer. If he gets in, it'll be because of his own merits.

@asage- Snake has a humorous side in his games, so it isn't as bad as putting in some overrated, generic meathead/supposed badass from M-rated games, like Kratos or Marcus Fenix. Just my 1,000,000 cents, of course.

Cave Story has no significant relation to Smash whatsoever. Period.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I wasn't ruling him out at all, I was just saying that Chrome isn't going to get in just because he's newer. If he gets in, it'll be because of his own merits.

Newer really doesn't mean anything at the moment. SSB4 probably won't come out for awhile, due to Kid Icarus coming out next year.

OmegaXXII

Well, if you meant relevance than sure, we need to see whether or not he either gains popularity, sales of his game, and Intelligent System's interest, I believe all those factors will play a role in determining his chances, if they fail then we are most likely going to get Roy along with Mewtwo.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Thing is they didn't tell him to use Ike. He was wanting to incorporate a new Fire Emblem character, so he went to Intelligent Systems for suggestions, and they suggested Ike. It doesn't sound like they were demanding he use him; more of an "oh, well how about our latest guy?"

He went to them.

OmegaXXII

Thing is they didn't tell him to use Ike. He was wanting to incorporate a new Fire Emblem character, so he went to Intelligent Systems for suggestions, and they suggested Ike. It doesn't sound like they were demanding he use him; more of an "oh, well how about our latest guy?"

Either way, they suggested it, which in turn Sakurai used Ike, but why would he even look for suggestions even though he liked Roy?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I haven't heard much about Final Fantasy, which is appropriate, due to Black mage, Cataur, and Moogle being on Mario Hoops 3-on-3.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
What Capcom characters would everypony want the most (not expect)? Here's my list:

1. Viewtiful Joe
2. Mega Man- (Classic)
3. Dante
4. Jill Valentine
5. Chris Redfield

Phoenix Wright, Leon Kennedy, Zero and Ryu wouldn't be bad, either.

OmegaXXII

Because maybe, just maybe, he planned to have three Fire Emblem characters and wanted a suggestion for a third...
Hmm...it seems like a good reason, well, this time around there shouldn't be an excuse to have 3 reps, hopefully it turn out to be both Chrome/Roy or Ike/Roy.

D

Deleted member

The only Capcom reps I want are Mega Man and Strider Hiryu. Unfortunately, only the former has a real shot of getting in.

OmegaXXII

What Capcom characters would everypony want the most (not expect)? Here's my list:

1. Viewtiful Joe
2. Mega Man- (Classic)
3. Dante
4. Jill Valentine
5. Chris Redfield

Phoenix Wright, Leon Kennedy, Zero and Ryu wouldn't be bad, either.

Berserker confirmed? :awesome:

As for my top Capcom choices these would be it.

Chris Redfield
Phoenix Wright (HYPE!!!! :cool:)
Ryu
Morrigan
Megaman

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I actually want a Namco rep more than anything (and at that, Cassandra from SC, Pac-Man, Jin or King from Tekken, or Nightmare from SC). But obviously a Capcom rep is a little more likely so I'll just stick with MM.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I guess for Capcom reps I only want to see Mega Man (Classic) and or Ryu (to piss off SF fanboys who repeatly bash SSB).

OmegaXXII

I actually want a Namco rep more than anything (and at that, Cassandra from SC, Pac-Man, Jin or King from Tekken, or Nightmare from SC). But obviously a Capcom rep is a little more likely so I'll just stick with MM.

Oh yeah, I would love Namco rep, especially Tekken based. :cool:

These would be it:

Bryan Fury
Nightmare
Kuma
PAC-MAN
Kazuya (that way he could fight Ryu :awesome:)

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I don't know Namco that well, but if I'd like a rep the only person I can think of is Pac-Man. He be munching on his opponents and his Final Smash would be... I dunno... Power Pellet and everyone turns into blue ghosts.

OM NOM NOM >:3

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Well of course he'd be punching and rolling and stuff like he does in the Pac-Man World series but he can also have some attacks focusing on him "homing" on an enemy by munching on them.

OmegaXXII

If we get Phoenix Wright in SSB4, this is how he should be unlocked by normal means.
Wow, is that fan-made? That should totally happen, although I would prefer an actual cutscene at the beginning and at the end for each unlockable character, it would make them feel more special and it would look nice as well.

I also liked that theme from that video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom