• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
prolly for the exact same reason(s) why we got Dr. Mario , Pichu , Roy and Ganondorf in Melee
Which is silly if you ask me, Sakurai has been lazy thus far, I'd rather get 2 original characters rather than 5 clones, I'd say if they do come back as DLC they should at least "luigify" them better yet make them more unique and diverse from their original counterpart (ie. Fox, Marth, Pikachu etc...)

@Overlord: Scouters would be so awesome, imagine like in Dragonball Z, Fox and Falco have them, they should also get a "saiyan" like uniform for lulz. :laugh:

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
OKAY. This may ILLUSTRATE my VISION of him a little better.

It's the Mach Rider! He exploded...

What's this?

H-He's reforming!

BAM! An explosive elbow!

Ah! Mach Rider covers quite a distance with speed and power.

His explosion causes damage, and he can't be hurt while he's reforming. He makes a tell-tale pose before exploding, so you may be able to dodge if you're careful. Oh, and all of his smash attacks share the same start-up pose. Will you know what he's going to do next?​

------

Something like that. :awesome:
I find him rather EXCITING even though he is bound to share similarities with Captain Falcon.

OmegaXXII

Hehe, nice, seems somebody has been getting a little too obssesed with Mach Rider since the "fake" rumor if you ask me. :awesome:

OmegaXXII

Haha seems he has those qualities that Falcon has, what would his catch phrase be?

RIDERRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is this supposed to do? :laugh:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I even made illustrations and Omega still can't comprehend it. :awesome:

In Mach Rider (THE GAME), when Mach Rider (THE CHARACTER) crashes, he will explode into FRAGMENTS. These fragments will then reform back into the Mach Rider.

@Metal Overlord: I'UNNO. Clone Final Smashes are just the worst, but his would probably be similar to Captain Falcon's. Hopping on his MACH BIKE, y'know. I'm not sure how feasible it would be... but a non-cloney way to do it would be to have him hop on his Mach Bike, explode into fragments, then little SPEEDY looking particle effects would surround the stage as Mach Rider appears in the foreground riding his bike. This would give the illusion that you're riding your bike... fast... I guess. You could move left and right and fire your GUNS at opponents. Eventually, the time would end and you'd zoom into the background. This gives you the chance to hit an opponent for a KO. (THINK DRAGOON)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Incorporating the whole "Explode into Fragments and Reform" shtick Mach Rider has for his FS I see, huh Oasis? That's awesome.

On a side note, Mach Rider kinda looks like Man-Ray from SpongeBob lol.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Incorporating the whole "Explode into Fragments and Reform" shtick Mach Rider has for his FS I see, huh Oasis? That's awesome.

On a side note, Mach Rider kinda looks like Man-Ray from SpongeBob lol.
I don't have a problem with that, actually.

...Maybe he could have a COUNTER special where he just stands there, not giving a MACHing f*ck. Gets hit by anything, and he just explodes into fragments and reforms there on the spot.

"Sup."

YOU ARE THE MACH RIDER! NOTHING HURTS YOU.

Of course, there's probably better, more MACH RIDER-Y GAME-Y things to draw from.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I don't have a problem with that, actually.

...Maybe he could have a COUNTER special where he just stands there, not giving a MACHing f*ck. Gets hit by anything, and he just explodes into fragments and reforms there on the spot.

"Sup."

YOU ARE THE MACH RIDER! NOTHING HURTS YOU.

Of course, there's probably better, more MACH RIDER-Y GAME-Y things to draw from.
Even better is if he teased the player while in his counter pose.

That actually gives me an idea: what if someone had a counter as a taunt in Smash? We already have taunts that do damage, so why not take it a step further?

That would piss off people trying to stop taunt matches online, though. lol

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
You know, I changed my mind, Mach Rider reminds me of Araknyd Commander now.

And he and C. Falcon could be rivals lol. Three-way rivalry between Snake, Falcon and Mach Rider. All of it over Samus. :awesome:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
And he and C. Falcon could be rivals lol. Three-way rivalry between Snake, Falcon and Mach Rider. :awesome:
They're doubles partners in tennis.

I think his Up-Special would involve him, rather obviously by now, EXPLODING AND BECOMING FRAGMENTS. This time, it's the fragments that cause damage (only a bit, but there would be lots of them). You ever been to a site where they have little particle effects chasing after your cursor? The move would control a bit like that, and pretty much just be to show off the WiiU TECH. In a way, it would be similar to Lucas's PK Thunder, and also a bit of Sheik's Chain (considering it doesn't follow a strict animation). Of course, after a bit of time he reforms into MACH RIDER!

OmegaXXII

Snake? Haha, I always viewed him as the more "mature" type, Falcon however shows more comical behavior like Viewtiful Joe, but I could see Mach Rider acting like Falcon I guess, even though I never imagined he would, his theme in Melee was in a Falcon stage which I find odd, coincedence?

Thino

Smash Master
OKAY. This may ILLUSTRATE my VISION of him a little better.

It's the Mach Rider! He exploded...

What's this?

H-He's reforming!

BAM! An explosive elbow!

Ah! Mach Rider covers quite a distance with speed and power.

His explosion causes damage, and he can't be hurt while he's reforming. He makes a tell-tale pose before exploding, so you may be able to dodge if you're careful. Oh, and all of his smash attacks share the same start-up pose. Will you know what he's going to do next?​

------

Something like that. :awesome:
I find him rather EXCITING even though he is bound to share similarities with Captain Falcon.
https://nintendo.taleo.net/careerse...491E36D98DAA3340C2B4.JB_167441_167447?lang=en

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Sounds like a Power Ranger now that I think about it.
If you think about it, Captain Falcon's SCHTICK is that he's a... I forget the actual TERM, but essentially a Japanese superhero. Which the Power Rangers are based on, I think.

So yeah, Power Ranger is about right. Y'know, all those flashy poses and effects. SHOUTING OUT HIS ATTACK NAMES.

@Thino: 8D? At first I thought "Oh, I get it, that's a clever way of telling me to get a life. OH WAIT. Nintendo?!" lol.

OmegaXXII

He should have been in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom then, he reminds me of Viewtiful Joe as well, has flashy moves, lots of charisma, and full of lulz, a superhero sort of speak, I guess since he resembles anime type rangers it would be so bad afterall.

I honestly never imagined him like this until now.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
They're doubles partners in tennis.

I think his Up-Special would involve him, rather obviously by now, EXPLODING AND BECOMING FRAGMENTS. This time, it's the fragments that cause damage (only a bit, but there would be lots of them). You ever been to a site where they have little particle effects chasing after your cursor? The move would control a bit like that, and pretty much just be to show off the WiiU TECH. In a way, it would be similar to Lucas's PK Thunder, and also a bit of Sheik's Chain (considering it doesn't follow a strict animation). Of course, after a bit of time he reforms into MACH RIDER!
Hmmm, so his Up Special won't follow a strict animation... I was thinking it'd be more like Cyrax's teleport in Mortal Kombat.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It would be neat if Mach Rider had a taunt where he says, "the day of judgement is upon you, scum".

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Something like Cyrax's teleport would work. I was just trying to think of something extra quirky. 8D

Wouldn't that be the longest taunt in the whole world, Star. Although it would be better than "YUAAA ZA MAKKU RAIDAA!!"

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Star- I think that would be better suited as one of his victory quotes, considering how long that statement is.

@King Oatmeal- Dude how do you keep changing the user title under your username like that? Is that right granted to you after like 15,000 posts? :laugh:

OmegaXXII

@Star- I think that would be better suited as one of his victory quotes, considering how long that statement is.

@King Oatmeal- Dude how do you keep changing the user title under your username like that? Is that right granted to you after like 15,000 posts? :laugh:
Yup, pretty much what happened to me, it got given to me. :laugh:

As for Mach Rider I imagine his motto like...."IT'S RIDERRRRR TIME!!!!!!!"

At least a stage or music should happen.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Yup, pretty much what happened to me, it got given to me. :laugh:

As for Mach Rider I imagine his motto like...."IT'S RIDERRRRR TIME!!!!!!!"

At least a stage or music should happen.

You responded to the callsign. :troll:

If not a full-fledged PC, then I'd love a Mach Rider stage. His theme from Melee would be baws, as well. Just don't make him into an AT, Sakurai. :glare:

OmegaXXII

You responded to the callsign. :troll:

If not a full-fledged PC, then I'd love a Mach Rider stage. His theme from Melee would be baws, as well. Just don't make him into an AT, Sakurai. :glare:

Heh, wouldn't he be in a motorcycle if he was an AT? Imagine that he would also have some kind of signature move like Falcon does like Falcon Punch, nipples:x, Falcon Kick, even his own meme like what Falcon has with Norris. :grin:

At least that Melee theme should be included, also I began my concept, but I won't reveal it till it's done.

OmegaXXII

Yeah, but the guns wouldn't necessarly be "real" guns, more like Fox's or mildly used like Snake uses his grenades, I guess he could stand out as unique and comical lol...

OmegaXXII

But, it's made to suit children, which it wouldn't be so brutal with shots and such, besides Mach Rider seems comical looking, it would only be right if he got it hilarious, I think some good taunts would be in as well.

OmegaXXII

Yes, it will be, but are you certain lol? I thought his game was all about racing though, Captain Falcon didn't use weapons, just standard moves.

OmegaXXII

Well yeah...just not how they are represented in their canon games like bullets and stuff (think snake nades'), of course any weapon can be on there.

Man, gotta go. -_-

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
I support Roy, though Iworry that Chrome gets the spot only cause he is the newest character to the series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom