• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Ah, you would? Wow K.O. you're great! In the meantime, i'll post some music here for you to pick up along the way. ^^
Yep, I'll go ahead and create a post in the discussion group with your selections from each series, I'll divide them by game/franchise to' easily sort them and find.

:phone:

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
At the Bottom of Night

'Nuff said on this theme. ;)
Aah, good old Chrono Trigger. Thanks for posting this. I also liked the Ninja Selection theme from that Maui Mallard game.

Yep, I'll go ahead and create a post in the discussion group with your selections from each series, I'll divide them by game/franchise to' easily sort them and find.
I already have made a Smash Bros. music archive. I haven't updated it in a while, but it still stands in the Custom Music thread in the Backroom.

Anyways, I'm bored, so I made another silly roster. 54 slots, 60 reps (including transformations). No third-party characters.

Comment.
[COLLAPSE="Roster"]Cuts: Snake, Sonic

* - indicates unlockable character

Super Mario
. - Mario
. - Luigi
. - Peach
* - Toad
. - Bowser
* - Paper Mario

Donkey Kong
. - Donkey Kong
* - Diddy Kong
* - Dixie Kong
. - King K. Rool

Wario
. - Wario
* - Orbulon

Yoshi
. - Yoshi

Legend of Zelda
. - Link
. - Zelda / Sheik
. - Ganondorf
* - Toon Link

Metroid
. - Samus / Zero Suit Samus
* - Ridley
* - Dark Samus

Kirby
. - Kirby
* - Metaknight
. - King Dedede

Star Fox
. - Fox
. - Wolf
* - Falco

Fire Emblem
. - Marth
* - Ike
* - Roy

F-Zero
. - Captain Falcon
* - Samurai Goroh

Mother
. - Ness
* - Lucas

Kid Icarus
. - Pit
* - Medusa

Pokemon
. - Pikachu
. - Jigglypuff
* - Mewtwo
* - Lucario
. - Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
* - Rescue Team (Victini, Pichu, Gardevoir)

Misc. 1-Character Modern Franchises
. - Olimar & Pikmin (Pikmin)
. - Little Mac (Punch-Out)
. - Isaac (Golden Sun)
* - Starfy (The Legendary Starfy)
* - Saki (Sin & Punishment)
* - Ray MK III (Custom Robo)
* - Kanan (The Last Story)
* - Jiro (The Rolling Western)

Retro Franchises
. - Ice Climbers (Ice Climber)
. - R.O.B. (Robotic Operating Buddy)
. - Lip (Puzzle League)
* - Mr. Game & Watch (Game & Watch)
* - Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)[/COLLAPSE]

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I do not know if anyone else is like this, but depending upon what song is playing I can do either really well or really bad. For example, this song is usually the one that causes me to play at my best. Which is why I tend to choose Battlefield the most is because the music causes me to fight better. Where as this song is one of many songs that cause me to fight terribly.

Maybe it is just me...

I wish you the best of luck. Also, here's a theme for both you and star, something from FFX:

FFX someday the dream will end
So beautiful... Almost Dragon Quest like in ways.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ahh, i had forgotten about that song! It is a great song. Seymour is annoying the... Uhh, i think third time you meet him(in the mountains). He keeps banishing your Aeons.

D

Deleted member

Just did some research and realized that they do not always go in order of the Pokedex when selecting Pokemons for the next movie. 2nd gen for one skipped between Pokemons #.

So it is possible for Meloetta to be next in line movie-wise.

@OmegaXVII: The roster will likely not be decided until late 2012. If Meloetta/Genesect is in the next movie and the game not released until mid-late 2014, they could put up a fight for Victini and Zoroark.

Back to the music topic, music doesn't really effect me when I'm fighting. Then again, I do play music that I like.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Well, here's some obscure music selections for a Smash Bros. game.

Tin Star - Tin Star

Awesome theme from an obsure America-only Nintendo game. Would work awesome in a stage for Jiro or Sheriff.

Uniracers - Title

It'd work very well for Smash Bros. given it's very hard rock-based feel. It could be mixed together with other themes from Uniracers, such as 1st Race or 5th Race to make a more interesting song. I'd prefer this/these songs remain original and intact.

Vegas Stakes - Intro (0:00 to 0:58) / Buffalo Head (2:57 - 3:16) / The 2020 (3:17 - 3:58)

This song would obviously be remixed into a jazz arrangement. The 2020 portion would basically consist of a drum set solo with accompanying rhythms from the rest of the rhythm section such as the bass.

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
what do you guys think of having every pokemon generation represented? Obviously 5 slots + pikachu + jiggly puff would be too much, but you could have a multigen Pokemon trainer to fill in unrepresented gens.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Ugh, this news is getting older as each person re-posts it. :laugh:

Sorry, man, it's already discussed and is probably fake.

what do you guys think of having every pokemon generation represented? Obviously 5 slots + pikachu + jiggly puff would be too much, but you could have a multigen Pokemon trainer to fill in unrepresented gens.
It'd be nice and probably the best way to handle the Pokemon franchise representation. I support adding a Pokemon Rescue Team as the main way to include characters of different generations, but changing Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon works too.

Anyways, here's a known music selection - the ambient and enchanting jungle rhythms of DKC2's Forest Interlude.

Oh, and the equally inspiring and atmospheric synth of Super Mario 64's Dire Dire Docks.

OmegaXXII

@OmegaXVII: The roster will likely not be decided until late 2012. If Meloetta/Genesect is in the next movie and the game not released until mid-late 2014, they could put up a fight for Victini and Zoroark.
Not really, only "if" it happens, which raises a good question, since Lucario's movie came out, did any other Pokemon have a movie released afterwards before Brawl's development? If so when? This might give us a good indication if something did indeed happen between that time frame.

OmegaXXII

D

Deleted member

Not really, only "if" it happens, which raises a good question, since Lucario's movie came out, did any other Pokemon have a movie released afterwards before Brawl's development? If so when? This might give us a good indication if something did indeed happen between that time frame.

No there wasn't. Manaphy's movie was done before Brawl, but by the time the movie was released, Brawl was under development.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
...Hey wait a minute. I WONDER. Maybe Mach Rider was meant to be the clone of Captain Falcon in Melee? But he ended up having to go with Ganondorf if only because of his immense popularity.

I mean, you could almost say F-Zero is the spiritual successor to Mach Rider. :awesome:

Not like that gets us anywhere...

OmegaXXII

No there wasn't. Manaphy's movie was done before Brawl, but by the time the movie was released, Brawl was under development.

Okay, I see, disregard what I said then, so Genesect might indeed come into play during development despite Sakurai already having a planned roster consisting of Pokemon? Hmm....would he be willing to switch out Victini/Zoroark for Genesect? I guess we'll have to wait and see then.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'm afraid i'm nowhere near as acquainted with Gold and Silver as i am with first gen. Perhaps SSB fan might be able to help you in that area?

OmegaXXII

I'm afraid i'm nowhere near as acquainted with Gold and Silver as i am with first gen. Perhaps SSB fan might be able to help you in that area?
Oh no, that's okay, any of the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro theme would be uber epic, especially the original ones from PSX. :cool:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hehe, i think i can do some spyro if you give me a sec. :)

Does anyone remember the name of the bonus levels where you had to collect things while in flight and avoid objects? I think there was one in every world, and i'm pretty sure they were bonus levels of some sort. Anyone remember the name for one of them?

*EDITS* don't worry, found it. It's the wild flight/ icy flight/ etc etc. tunes.

Here K.O. :

Wild Flight

Another version of it:

Icy Flight

And these:

Crystal Flight

Night Flight

Yeah the flight music was always my favourite. ^^

Here's a crash song, it's quirky and disjointed(and a tad creepy) at first, but it's cool at the same time.

Castle Machinery

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
Wolf link is no longer relevant, however I just had the best idea.

What if they included midna and she RODE on wolf from starfox? That would be a chance to declone wolf AND add midna and he could play like wolf link would only with lasers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom