• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So....where is this so called "news hype"?

:phone:
I'd rather save this for later when we all calm down and someone like SSBF is here to help speculate.

But I can say it will be exposing a good amount of the new generation of gamers to Pokemon in it's glory days in the late 90's and Jigglypuff will be playing a major part in it.

So far it's even gone under the radar of even sites like Serebii and Bulbapedia. :laugh:

Gotta go for now, later.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Meh...I'd rather have a Panel de Pon from Lip as a stage instead.

@Overlord: I think he's busy with school and such, I remember him saying something about it last time I saw him.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm guessing it's either something to do with the anime, a spin-off POS game has been announced, or there will be an event. If serebii hasn't caught it, I would be cautious about it.

What I'm saying is that the so-called "clones" aren't as clony in Brawl as they were in Melee, and I think that's more acceptable for them.
Except for Ganondorf. Stupid Ganondorf.
See what you just did there? That's how I feel about ALL the clones.

Ganondorf is NOT stupid, people who say this are being illogical and biased towards an icon which is dumb to begin with.
He's talking about Ganondorf being a clone. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

D

Deleted member

@---: What is that thing you speak about that will help Jigglypuff's relevancy next month?

OmegaXXII

Ganondorf is NOT stupid, people who say this are being illogical and biased towards an icon which is dumb to begin with.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Y'know, maybe it would have been better if Melee, instead of having six clones, had only added two original more characters: Falco and Ganondorf.

Whutefferz.

Anymore suggestions for this?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Y'know, maybe it would have been better if Melee, instead of having six clones, had only added two original more characters: Falco and Ganondorf.

Whutefferz.

Anymore suggestions for this?
There were more suggestions like Duck Hunt Dog but you were biased against them. :awesome:

Also, add Meowth to that list.

OmegaXXII

Okay, I see then, still clones are bound to happen, even if they are "luigified" but I agree, Ganon should get his own moveset or at least distance himself further from Falcon in terms of moveset potential.

@Oasis: Add Professor Layton and Waluigi!

AND DUCK HUNT DOG!!

vicgur

Smash Ace
I don't think Vinegar was sayin' that Ganny was stupid, just that it's stupid that he's a C. Falcon clone...

I could be wrong, though.

Yeah!
Don't get me wrong, I love ol' "Ganny". He's one of the most bad*** villains of the videogames.
And that's the reason I hate him in Brawl. He's so stupid in that game, I just want to **** and kill his family.
I still played with him in Melee. But he was nerfed phisically and psychologically in Brawl.

Also: "Vinegar"!? Oh, man! I laughed so hard at this.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Speaking of clones, if you had to choose a character to be in Smash that would be a clone, who would you pick?

My picks: Dr. Mario, Dark Samus, Metal Sonic

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Yeah!
Don't get me wrong, I love ol' "Ganny". He's one of the most bad*** villains of the videogames.
And that's the reason I hate him in Brawl. He's so stupid in that game, I just want to **** and kill his family.
I still played with him in Melee. But he was nerfed phisically and psychologically in Brawl.

Also: "Vinegar"!? Oh, man! I laughed so hard at this.
As long as I got one...

Successful troll is successful. :)

But, yeah, I concur, Ganondorf should be majorly revamped for Smash 4. He could use a combination of dark magic and swordplay in his new moveset.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Sheriff? Why should he merit a spot to begin with? He's probably as insignificant as Tom Nook was.

Just saying~

OKAY, you're behind DHD, but call Tom Nook insignificant, where are you coming from?

Also Oasis, some Elza or Kanan action would do that list some wonders. And since Meowth was suggested, I'll throw in my "Not Happening" Pokemon. Deoxys please. Or Genesect. I'll leave the choice up to you ;D

As for the "Which clones do you want" I choose none. Keep three clones out, and make a single unique character.

ganondorf this, gannon banned that... for some reason, i feel that sakurai is just going to keep on diferentiating ganondorf from falcon.
But at the rate he's going. . . we won't see a non-clone Ganon for quite a few systems.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
ganondorf this, gannon banned that... for some reason, i feel that sakurai is just going to keep on diferentiating ganondorf from falcon.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@---: What is that thing you speak about that will help Jigglypuff's relevancy next month?

Well I don't know if I'll be blamed more making all this hype but anyway...

It was announced by Tommy Tallarico (he's a HUGE player in the video games industry) that the major traveling video games event, Video Games Live, will finally be premiering their most requested music segment by a large margin next month, this of course is Pokemon.

And as a part of the music segment, Jigglypuff will be getting it's own music section in the concert dedicated all to itself (as a joke to the real segment with music from the games which plays after). That's right, an entire orchestra and choir will be singing the Jigglypuff Song! :awesome:

VGL is a major event within the industry, it plays music from many major franchises in the industry live in front of thousands of people at a time, touring around the world.

Most of the people watching of course will be the newer generation of gamers who never lived in the late 90's and don't know how huge Pokemon was and Jigglypuff's role in it.

While this may not be a big of a thing as I made it out to be, but this will for sure raise Jigglypuff's relevancy and will be introduced to thousands of new gamers. And having been to VGL twice and having helped work on some of the segments, it's going to be big, not as big as I made it out to be, but big.

Now I must go, so I'll leave you all to speculate and decide your own opinions on the matter. Just don't flame me if this isn't what you thought it was. :glare:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Wait, they're gonna do the orignal Team Rocket motto?!

OH MAI GAH!!!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh? So, you think that Jigglypuff's relevancy and popularity will soar next month because they are doing Jigglypuff's song?

Hmm... uh huh... I see they are doing the original Team Rocket's motto, too. That must mean Meowth's relevancy and popularity will go up, too! :awesome:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yeah, I didn't think it was going to be this but I knew it wouldn't mean much. Well, Jigglypuff is always relevant. . . . she's in Brawl, and Melee, and FR, and LG, and RBY. . . basically she's part of two of Nintendo's biggest franchises.

Her slot is set in stone IMO.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Oh? So, you think that Jigglypuff's relevancy and popularity will soar next month because they are doing Jigglypuff's song?

Hmm... uh huh... I see they are doing the original Team Rocket's motto, too. That must mean Meowth's relevancy and popularity will go up, too! :awesome:
Hey, music is a powerful thing. And either way this is the most attention Jiggs has gotten since it's last major appearance as a running gag on the cartoon back in 02. Either way it's sure to go up.

Also I don't Team Rocket's motto was confirmed yet, he only said Team Rocket, and chances are it's one of the themes from the game.

OmegaXXII

Y.Link 4 clone >_> F***in hate Toon Link
I somewhat agree with this, even though I prefer Y.Link, I still believe T.Link is important and relevant as well.

I wonder If Toise or pieman think Jiggs music is going to significantly help her in regards to Sakurai considering and keeping her I'm Smash.

There opinions matter since they seem to have extensive knowledge.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
I think that the slot COULD have not been wasted if they decided to do something like:

Ness
Porky (That makes sense. . . right?)

OR
Lucas
Claus / Masked Man

Basically, having two earthbound characters isn't a HORRID thing, and even though it was executed poorly, there is still no reason to say the series having two slots is a waste. NOW, Pikmin having two slots IS a waste. The series has basically three playable characters who all do the exact same thing. The series has no main protagonist, or really ANY villian / antagonizing character that would look good, or make sense being scaled down and added as playable.

SO, as much as I hate Lucas, I wouldn't consider the choice to expand the Mother roster to be a bad one, just a good one that was done very poorly.
I agree that it was executed poorly, and maybe if we had a villain instead of two generic protagonists with the same noncanon movesets I'd let it pass for the sheer fact that the series, though brief, was very good. But this...was inexcusable.

Lucas should be scrapped and Ness should gain his attributes if Sakurai deems for a Earhbound rep to be cut.

I'm indifferent as to which, one PSI is as good as another. I just think it's stupid that not only does Ness have a lot of attacks that he doesn't even learn in-game, but that they felt justified in doing the same thing with Lucas while only significantly changing one special. I don't want two characters with PK Fire/Thunder/Magnet/Starstorm for the same reason I don't want three characters with reflectors, blasters, fire furries, and landmasters. It shows a profound lack of creativity on the part of the developers. One character from the Earthbound series is enough to represent ALL of the PSI attack magic, especially if we get a fifth special like some are speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom