• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Kid Icarus came out September 12. And knowing release dues, the SSB team will w8 for the month of the video games. Case fourth: November, where all the good games are coming out. Plus October is too close for reasoning.
KI came out already??!! Don't you mean Star Fox3DS? But I guess development for SSB4 would be pushed back because of Uprising, still I want to hear Toise's input on this matter.

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
KI came out already??!! Don't you mean Star Fox3DS? But I guess development for SSB4 would be pushed back becaised of Uprising, still I want to hear Toise's input on this matter.

Apologies. Not 12. Here is info from Bramblegamers:
Now, the launch window is any time between February 26th and June 9th, which is the last day of E3 2011. But that’s what makes a tentative release date listing from GameStop so interesting as it sets Kid Icarus: Uprising to be released on June 19th, which is a perfectly valid release date and oddly specific. This means it is possible that we will be able to obtain Kid Icarus in the summer time. The site also notes that Star Fox 64 3D will be released sometime in October, which is another valid release date. If you want these games, you'd better save up your money until then!

OmegaXXII

Yup, I was going to say you were wrong, and we already know KI got delayed so next year is a probable release date, also I hope Pokemon Gray which is rumored should be announced soon.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I've been studing more on Gray. It sounds more predictable to me now :) But rumors course the web via Google, so I wouldn't of known.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@CB: Don't know why you need to ask about KI, earlier today you seemed to already know my stance: no new characters.

As for why, it has to do with KI characters being "effectively" new (which he generally shies away from including) and Sakurai being unnecessarily humble regarding "his" series. The characters themselves are appealing, so they'd be acceptable if he did include them. Also I really hope Medusa would have a move where she shoots out Medusa Heads.

Now, E3? No way. It'll be a no-show. The very first parts of development won't be starting until Spring-ish, if that. Sakurai isn't the kind of guy -- nor Nintendo the kind of company -- to go out of the way to show off stuff about a game that just started development. A tentative title on the Wii U's list of future games, sure, but that's a big "who cares?"
While they're not entirely new, they do have a cult classic status, but I will admit Sakurai is humble about his own series making it in. Heck it took 2 games to get another Kirby rep. Still this technically isn't his series, he's just reviving it.

So if anything, this lowers Magnus's chances I guess seeing as he's Sakurai's true creation. Oh course yet again it all depends on KIU.

As for a SSB4 being a no show, well there's always TGS 2012.

Dun dun dun.

Too bad, looks like ---'s gone.
??? I don't get it.

Although someone thinks Palutena is my Victini. :laugh:

@Clint: Nothing gets me worse than when I make a nickname for someone and they don't catch it. You should be proud too, that's way cooler than Wavy Gravy.
I will admit it's cooler than Wavy Gravy. Although I must say I did have to look up who Clint Eastwood was. I've heard of him, but I just couldn't guess from where. :laugh:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Kirby is the character made BY Mr. Sakurai. Obviously he's coming back. But I think Jiggs shouldn't be back. And if she comes back, make her moveset better. Her B ^ needs to improve and so does her FS

OmegaXXII

I agree somewhat that heroveseys needs to be improved and more interesting, still she has a chance to stay as "likely" but I'd rather see Meowth or another new Pokemon anyday.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
If she does return then yes, her Sing should be better for actual practical use. EVERYONES unsafe attack should be like that.
SSB4 should at least focus on combos along with better physics.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
K this is off topic, but I have 2do a thesis, and Imma doing it about something to do with video games. Can anyone give me a hand? (This is legal 4 me 2 ask!) Like, a statment about Pokemon, Star Fox, or SSB? It's 4 High School Senior.

D

Deleted member

@Starphoenix: Wait, you mean the Dragon Quest thread over at GameFAQs? I did post on it recently, but it wasn't dead from what I recall.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
AWH C'MON. It looks like the Smash symbol. PALUTENA CONFIRMED?! >:I

You are just the worst at this.
Oh! Now I see.

Sorry if I ruined your fun. :p

Try posting it on Gamefaqs though, they love this kind of stuff. :laugh:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I am pretty much done commenting in this topic for a long while. There is nothing else to talk about that has not been said. Also, the prospects of us not seeing anything about Smash 4 at E3 2012 has is quite depressing when it comes to speculation (which means that we could be waiting until 2013 before we hear anything notable about the game).

If some sort of news item or rumor comes up, I might come back to offer my two cents in regards to it. Otherwise, I probably am not coming back until some time in October. Hopefully, we will get some sort of information revealed about Smash 4 at E3 2012.

I don't think it has dawned on many people in this thread that we are likely looking at a late 2014 release. I was looking forward to the prospect of Sakurai beginning development on Smash 4 this month, however, it seems as though its not going to happen until 2012. If he had began development to what he had originally planned, then there is a good chance that he would have determined a large portion of the roster by E3 2012.

However, considering that it has taken Sakurai far longer to complete Kid Icarus Uprising than he had expected, I am not going to expect anything about Smash 4 (except possibly a few minute details) at E3 2012. Hopefully, what happens will exceed these meager expectations.

I look forward to commenting in this thread once again once there something worth commenting on (which likely won't happen until the second half of October). Until then, I feel this thread is simply a chat room for idle minds.

One last thing I ask is for those still in this thread to contemplate the prospects of Smash 4 releasing in late 2014 or possibly later. We are likely more than three years away from Smash 4 releasing.
I know how far away it is, but to be honest I don't really care. There are more important parts of my life I have to think about and a video game is on the last of the list for me.

Even if we only receive bare boned information from E3 I would not be too upset. Remember, Nintendo still has their Fall summit conference they typically hold every year. I'm pretty sure that they will have enough done to be able to show something off at that time. Even if Smash Bros does not show at E3 there will likely be plenty of speculation over other things, so there will always be something to keep us occupied. Don't fret it too much it really is not as depressing as it sounds. It may take a few extra months to get something, but I don't doubt we will see something.

@Starphoenix: Wait, you mean the Dragon Quest thread over at GameFAQs? I did post on it recently, but it wasn't dead from what I recall.
Yes... :|

You know, I made this avatar yesterday as a quick joke. Now that I have been looking at it more I realize how much I actually enjoy it. Weird.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Daisy is mostly a spin-off character, so she's a no-no.
And yet some people seem to believe that Waluigi has a decent chance of becoming playable. :rolleyes: Waluigi is an unoriginal character whose sole purpose is to be Wario's doubles partner and Luigi's rival in Mario spin-off games. At least Daisy was in one canonical game. :glare:

I would rather see a Smash/Mario spin-off game where it is basically Smash Bros. but with nothing but Mario/Yoshi/Wario/Donkey Kong characters. Daisy and Waluigi would be perfect there. Same with Geno (and other Final Fantasy characters) if the game is also co-developed by Square Enix.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I agree somewhat that heroveseys needs to be improved and more interesting, still she has a chance to stay as "likely" but I'd rather see Meowth or another new Pokemon anyday.

Notice how, out of the original 12 characters, Jigglypuff is the only one many fans consistently request to be cut from Melee/Brawl/SSB4 in favor of other Pokemon? Ness gets this, too, but not as often as Jigglypuff does. I think that this, in addition to Jigglypuff barely making it in Brawl, is very telling as to how popular Jigglypuff really is outside of the Internet. Ergo, Jigglypuff isn't 100% guaranteed to get in SSB4 compared to the original 8 plus Luigi (unsure about Captain Falcon and Ness since their series are dead/on haitus).

A lot of people like Jigglypuff but they just really want to play as different Pokemon. I, for one, don't want to be stuck with Pikachu and Jigglypuff (and possibly 1st gen starters and Mewtwo) for the rest of the series while we only get one Pokemon who is constantly replaced with another Pokemon. With the exception of Pikachu (at least it is the mascot of the Pokemon series), I would like the Pokemon series to get new Pokemon in every Smash game. Give me a chance to play as many different Pokemon... I don't want to be limited to Pikachu, Jigglypuff, 1st gen starters, Mewtwo, and a revolving door for the flavors of the month (Lucario, Zoroark, etc.) and Pika-clones (Pichu, Plusle & Minun, etc.) for the rest of the series.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
A lot of people like Jigglypuff but they just really want to play as different Pokemon. I, for one, don't want to be stuck with Pikachu and Jigglypuff (and possibly 1st gen starters and Mewtwo) for the rest of the series while we only get one Pokemon who is constantly replaced with another Pokemon. With the exception of Pikachu (at least it is the mascot of the Pokemon series), I would like the Pokemon series to get new Pokemon in every Smash game. Give me a chance to play as many different Pokemon... I don't want to be limited to Pikachu, Jigglypuff, 1st gen starters, Mewtwo, and a revolving door for the flavors of the month (Lucario, Zoroark, etc.) and Pika-clones (Pichu, Plusle & Minun, etc.) for the rest of the series.
I HIGHLY agree with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom