• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's a POOL of potential characters. Think of it like, all the newcomers we'll get in the final roster are on that image, but it's just a matter of which ones actually make the cut.

A check list of sorts? I DUNNO, I just like to have a visual of all the characters we've been suggesting. :awesome:

Awww...

Look at Slime's portrait!

Sounds weird but to be honest, it is kind of cute.. HEY! Star and Shortie agree.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
He is probable, there is no denying him, even though I hate him my bias towards him isn't going to blind me from the truth, add him.

:phone:

Hmmm....

I may think low of Waluigi but.....

I'm thinking......

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am pretty much done commenting in this topic for a long while. There is nothing else to talk about that has not been said. Also, the prospects of us not seeing anything about Smash 4 at E3 2012 has is quite depressing when it comes to speculation (which means that we could be waiting until 2013 before we hear anything notable about the game).

If some sort of news item or rumor comes up, I might come back to offer my two cents in regards to it. Otherwise, I probably am not coming back until some time in October. Hopefully, we will get some sort of information revealed about Smash 4 at E3 2012.

I don't think it has dawned on many people in this thread that we are likely looking at a late 2014 release. I was looking forward to the prospect of Sakurai beginning development on Smash 4 this month, however, it seems as though its not going to happen until 2012. If he had began development to what he had originally planned, then there is a good chance that he would have determined a large portion of the roster by E3 2012.

However, considering that it has taken Sakurai far longer to complete Kid Icarus Uprising than he had expected, I am not going to expect anything about Smash 4 (except possibly a few minute details) at E3 2012. Hopefully, what happens will exceed these meager expectations.

I look forward to commenting in this thread once again once there something worth commenting on (which likely won't happen until the second half of October). Until then, I feel this thread is simply a chat room for idle minds.

One last thing I ask is for those still in this thread to contemplate the prospects of Smash 4 releasing in late 2014 or possibly later. We are likely more than three years away from Smash 4 releasing.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Development is still stated to take place in October.

As for Shulk, he's cool. I'd love that blade to be his choice of weapon. Kinda sexy too...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
October? Maybe for Halloween you'll come back as a NOT-DEPRESSED-GUY.

Wonder how far away we are from the DOJO. TWO years? Balls.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well, by observation of Kid Icarus, I did a little math, and I've come to the conclusion that November is the most probabal month 4 the Dojo to open. October seems outlandish.

OmegaXXII

Crazy to think I'll have most likely graduated high school by the time the DOJO comes out...
l
Well, if development stays true to it's schedule then I believe we may be getting a DOJO by 2013, just a year before it's scheduled or projected to be released, if KI has been delayed and Sakurai is pushing back SSB4's development then there will be indeed a chain of events that will most likely push back everything that follows it as well, unless Sakurai is devious enough to split the development team in two, one for finishing up KI while the other goes with the planned schedule of SSB4's agenda, however I don't believe that's the case, hopefully so.

@ChronoBound: What news are you referring to that could possibly take place the second half of October? Development plan announcement??

MechaWave

Smash Champion
There are a number of circumstances in their offices that we don't know is going on. If KI is delayed that doesn't exactly mean it (SSB4) is delayed. It could mean a part of the development team is working on it while the other is planning SSB4.

I'll probably be a high school senior by the time it comes out.

OmegaXXII

That's what I said, did you read? He could have splited SORA in order to keep up with the scheduled development plan.

I wonder what Toise thinks about KI being pushed back and how it affects SSB4's development?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Im pretty sure thats Mach Rider next to Ray MK, but whos above Tingle and under Dixie?
IF NEED BE:

Top: Bowser Jr., King K. Rool, Ghirahim, Ridley, Starfy, Krystal, Victini/Zoroark, Chrome, Isaac, Slime
Middle: Toad, Dixie Kong, Tingle, Medusa, Lip, Samurai Goroh, Mewtwo, Roy, Saki, Mega Man
Bottom: Paper Mario, Captain Syrup, Takamaru, Palutena, Little Mac, Mach Rider, Ray, Masked Man, Shulk, Mii

Don't listen to Omega.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
There are a number of circumstances in their offices that we don't know is going on. If KI is delayed that doesn't exactly mean it (SSB4) is delayed. It could mean a part of the development team is working on it while the other is planning SSB4.

I'll probably be a high school senior by the time it comes out.
A high school senior?! I thought I was like the youngest dude here. I feel old now. :glare:

If we don't get at least a cinematic E3 2012 trailer.... that'd be absolute weaksauce dude.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
You know what I noticed? There are no black people in Smash. We need moar flavor in Smash...

Also, y. toonlink, you have a Kid Goku avi while I have a DB bulma avi... that's epic. :cool:

Oasis do you have a beard yet?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Yeah, I got those confused lol, so why is she probable and what series is she fro? Wario I'm assuming.
Strangely, Wario, AN ANTAGONIST, would have his own antagonist. I'm not sure what that would make her compared to the others. NEUTRAL I GUESS.

Anyway, NOVELTIES ASIDE, she's the villain of a couple Wario Land games. Recently ('09 I think?) she's appeared in another Wario (NOT WARE) game.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
You know what I noticed? There are no black people in Smash. We need moar flavor in Smash...

Also, y. toonlink, you have a Kid Goku avi while I have a DB bulma avi... that's epic. :cool:

They should add Mr Popo
Dude, lets go on an ADVENTURE! :D
TO FIND MR POPO

But seriously, I though Ghirahim had a ponytail and a claw, and didnt look like a gay Vaati haha (in the new Nintendo Power issue I thought he was grinning but it turns its his lips)

OmegaXXII

Strangely, Wario, AN ANTAGONIST, would have his own antagonist. I'm not sure what that would make her compared to the others. NEUTRAL I GUESS.

Anyway, NOVELTIES ASIDE, she's the villain of a couple Wario Land games. Recently ('09 I think?) she's appeared in another Wario (NOT WARE) game.
So in a sense one can say she's like a WTF! character? I think I've heard that her playstyle would be weird and different, in that case Orbulon would easily be another great choice, Lfhough I don't think he's important enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom