• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Rooms, Smash Boards/Wifi Wars Online Tournament, and Smash Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Holy crap, the tournaments going to be huge. I bet most people are eliminated through disqualifications for not playing their online match than actually losing.

HolyChef

Smash Ace
the separation of the topics of brawl are awesome. i was wondering if a brawl online discussions would ever happen and there it is. also you have tactical discussions which are a convenient through random brawl news.

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
Oh My Jeezus think i just sh-tted on myself

SWF TOURNEY!?!?

(faints)

dmanwon

Smash Cadet
quick question. Can the same Wii number register twice or three times? I am going to be at a friends and he and his brother are going to be playing. Can we all play in the tournament? Someone please PM me if you have an answer or know who to ask

goodkid

Smash Lord
Agreed, tournaments will be huge, and they will get bigger and bigger as they get more organized.

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
quick question. Can the same Wii number register twice or three times? I am going to be at a friends and he and his brother are going to be playing. Can we all play in the tournament? Someone please PM me if you have an answer or know who to ask
I second this question. My gf wants in.

Skybent

Smash Cadet
I THIRD THIS QUESTION. since i dont have wirless internet i was planning on playng with my friend. or if i bring my own wii and run it off another TV in his house could i play on a different account and be eligible?

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
You're probably best off checking the official thread in Online Listings, but for the benefit of all who are reading this:
Scav said:
Go for it. You can have multiple people using the same Wii, so long as it isn't so many that it would impact your ability to finish your allotted matches.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Does the "Name" parameter of the registration form mean the 5 character display name that you will have over your character's name while playing online? Or just a general name to be placed in the bracket or something?

ALB247

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one who feels that the new boards and new splits are somewhat unnecessary? I feel like all it's accomplished is that now I have to browse an extra ten minutes before posting just to make sure I'm in the right section, and the whole thing was nothing a few extra stickied topics or sub-boards wouldn't have fixed.

Half of them could easily fit under General Brawl Discussion (as most of them were before the split), and a few of them are completely unneeded altogether. Honestly, a Spoiler-Free Board? I didn't think it was that difficult for people to put ***SPOILERS*** before their topic.

Whatever, I guess. If browsing the forums being considered as a chore to me means easier access for everyone else, then so be it. Needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
ALB--it shouldn't really be that much of a burden. General Brawl Discussion was basically pushing threads that hadn't been posted in in more than an hour to the second page, and when it came down to it a lot of threads were about gameplay and tactics, and a lot weren't. People looking for media now have a much more open place to find it (and people posting videos will be able to get a wider audience too, now that they have more than a couple threads to post in). People wanting to talk about online play (especially now that Brawl is about to launch in North America) will have an entire room to do that, independent of people in other rooms. And 1P modes will undoubtedly become more popular as more people get a hold of the game and dig into stadium mode.

Basically, don't worry if a lot of the new rooms seem empty to you. We based the layout on a combination of what we thought worked in the Melee rooms and what we noticed was popping up a lot in General Brawl Discussion. If the need arises to merge rooms back together, we'll be able to do that later, but in the long run I think it'll make everyone's lives easier.

BTW, the spoiler free room has been around for more than a month now. It's for people who want to hang around the boards some but don't want to risk seeing a thread title that spoils something about the game that they don't want to know, and having a spoiler-free room makes it much easier to watch out for that kind of thing than trying to implement a no-spoiler policy everywhere else. I wouldn't expect that many people who don't care about spoilers would have much reason at all to visit the spoiler free room--it's primarily meant for those who want to remain (as you might guess) spoiler free.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, maybe you made this clear already, but I must have missed it. Will I be able to get my matches in later? I'm not available during the early part of the day or afternoon. Saturday evening is the only time I could really Smash, so... can I do that?

Now that I've asked, I'll go hunt for links giving more information.

Mike87

Smash Ace
I have a question. With all of the new rooms, will you be closing the older Character Specific Melee rooms and just leave on General Melee Room in the same vain as the Smash 64 room?
I doubt that, why not keep the Melee chracter rooms as people still play the game?

GreenEggs&Ham

Smash Cadet
Up to 3 people can play on the same Wii BUT there has to be a 4th person using a different Wii [Via online]. I'm sure it also works when 2 people play on the same Wii and the 3rd person from a diffrent Wii via online play. I don't know if the tournment will allow that but I saw someone ask about it.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Dude. Read the dates, the last person to post here was months ago. If a topic is that old, odds are, theres nothing on it that is going to impact you in any way. Don't revive dead topics.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
11-20-2008, 07:38 AM That sir was the last time someone posted here. 2008 Lol
Please do not Bump old threads, this was for like the LAUNCH of Brawl.
This beats the previous bump that happened on here. Anyways, your new so your like auto forgiven but Try to read when the last post in a thread was written next time okay :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom