• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Rankings! Pennsylvania Player Finder and Power Rankings (10/31/07)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'd like to add my info to this...

South Eastern Pennsylvania
Philadelphia County

ChiboSempai Titans of Smash
AIM: ChiboSempai E-mail: markkorsak@comcast.net
I've been playing tournament style for almost a year now, though I've only really become serious about it in the last 6-8 months. I main Samus, secondary Falco, and play Kirby for low-tier. I'm from Drexel University training with the likes of Pakman, Scar, Chocobo, our #1 Cactuar, and plenty more. Anytime your up for smash, contact me.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Hey everyone

I'm from Arizona, and i'm gonna be visiting Philadelphia from NOVEMBER 16th-18th, so i was wondering if maybe someone could host a tourney somewhere in Philadelphia on the 17th if possible. if not, then it'd be great if anyone would wanna just meet up while i'm visiting and play a few rounds. let me know what anyone thinks

Scar

#HarveyDent
I could throw a scrubfest? My recommendation to you is the Drexel Game Room, there is Smash going on there from around 10-8 daily, unless it's closed. It's located right off of 32nd and Chestnut, you'll need to call someone to get it's exact location.

Otherwise I'm always up for Smash @ 4043 Irving Street in Philadelphia, right off of Penn's campus. It'll be awesome.

AXE 09

Smash Master
thanks Scar. it'd be awesome if you held a little something on the 17th, i just wanna play as many people there as possible. if not, then i'd be glad to go over to your place and smash there if you want, or anywhere's fine by me. i just wanna smash lol. i'll be sure to ask around for the Drexel game room

D20

Smash Lord
Saturday is my birthday, and I think my parents would be pissed if I wasn't in town. Sorry, no tournaments for me this weekend...

Scar

#HarveyDent
i just wanna smash lol. i'll be sure to ask around for the Drexel game room
Yeah anywhere you go in more or less center city Philly there are Smashers. We are littered with the best in PA, Cactuar at a professional level, Velocity Pakman and Lord Knight also all in the area. If you don't want amazingly good people though, just swing by my place. My door is always open for smashers.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Yeah anywhere you go in more or less center city Philly there are Smashers. We are littered with the best in PA, Cactuar at a professional level, Velocity Pakman and Lord Knight also all in the area. If you don't want amazingly good people though, just swing by my place. My door is always open for smashers.
really? professionals? dang that gets me even more pumped! heck yeah i wanna smash with them lol. and of course i wanna smash with you too. if possible, i would like to stay at your place most of the time i'm in Philly. my mom's travelling to do business work and i REALLY don't wanna sit around with her at a convention. it's gonna be boring....

smash is WAY > work convention lol

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
lucky ******* i hate liveing in East Stroudsburg not alot of smashers and the scrantons an hr away

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
No one ever posted my info.... can somebody please add it to the top thread?

ChiboSempai Titans of Smash
AIM: ChiboSempai E-mail: markkorsak@comcast.net
I've been playing tournament style for almost a year now, though I've only really become serious about it in the last 6-8 months. I main Samus, secondary Falco, and play Kirby for low-tier. I'm from Drexel University training with the likes of Pakman, Scar, Chocobo, our #1 Cactuar, and plenty more. Anytime your up for smash, contact me.

GOTM

Smash Champion
I already have info posted in the NJ player finder but I'm gonna be living in Philly till I'm done college for the next 4 years so why not...

Name: GOTM
Crew: (Titans of Smash)
AIM: GOTMssbm
E-mail: sl423@drexel.edu
Cell#: 609-226-7669
Age: How about I give my birthday so people can figure out my age, because I doubt people are going to change everyones age every year -- May 16th, 1988
I live on Drexel's campus so hit me up if you want to play. I don't care how good you are.

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
Northampton County
Player Name: Blue sHell
AIM: spandexlicker
E-mail: whirlingfortress@yahoo.com
Cell#: 908-892-6022
Main: Peach and Shiek, Low Tier: Bowser
I don't suck at all. I just moved up here from FL so I needed to make an account for myself due to the fact that I am away from my friends who use to really carpool me to any tournament in the area. I live in Bethlehem. Call me if you're in my area. I won't touch your butt.

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
Yo Javi, If your gonna be at PSU this weekend I hope to see you there and play you with my friends. I'm am also looking forward to getting drunk, playing poker, and playing smash very wasted. But definitly i gotta play you. Nothing too serious I hope, just some real good matches XD. Items on of course

TomGoblaski

Smash Cadet
Yo fellas,
I am a graduate of the Philly streets. I am currently attending University of Virginia. I am number one in this ****ty *** city (i won the UVA tournament, and played kids who said they were the best in this town): Charlottesville. I main Falco. I am trying to get back in the area of philly soon and rep with alot of the philly fellas.

AIM me if you are interested: Everyjanuary4th

EDIT: I am a beast

Sephy

Smash Rookie
Name: Matthew Englert(Sephy){PENDING}
AIM: E-mail: ChainlessFate@Aol.com
Cell#: 570-620-5583
Little bit of information about player: Er..? Just ask about me and if I feel like telling you I'll tell you.

EDIT: Monroe County, Pennsylvania
East Stroudsburg

GOTM

Smash Champion
I already have info posted in the NJ player finder but I'm gonna be living in Philly till I'm done college for the next 4 years so why not...

Name: GOTM
Crew: (Titans of Smash)
AIM: GOTMssbm
E-mail: sl423@drexel.edu
Cell#: 609-226-7669
Age: How about I give my birthday so people can figure out my age, because I doubt people are going to change everyones age every year -- May 16th, 1988
I live on Drexel's campus so hit me up if you want to play. I don't care how good you are.
it said it was updated up to page 92, but this was on that page, and not put on. Can someone add it plz?

Scar

#HarveyDent
We basically have them done. Pocky is upset because we don't have a clearly defined system of who is on and who is off. The placement of certain "tied" smashers is seemingly arbitrary. I think maybe we should post what we have here, and have the community contribute as to what our rules and guidelines should be.

pockyD

Smash Legend
so long as 'what we have' is a set of rules and not a set of players i'm on board

posting an unofficial list can only lead to trouble

D20

Smash Lord
IMO... I think if Player A and Player B are too close in skill level, they should be given the same rank.

Example:

4. Player A
4. Player B

If those two players have any head-to-head tourney matches or money matches, they would serve as a tie-breaker.

Scar

#HarveyDent
idk, The list is important to the community. It gives new players inscentive to get better. It also serves as a motivator to keep top players active.

PA is a big state, so it's difficult to have activity requirements in this case. But we should have those requirements and we should have our own rankings.

A concrete set of rules is difficult, and in some cases perhaps the best rule is deciding things using the collective best judgment of the panel on a case-by-case basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom