• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Rankings! Pennsylvania Player Finder and Power Rankings (10/31/07)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Ew. Scranton. The Office is approximately the only good thing to have ever come from there. Premier in 3 hours? Yessss.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Hey, im just trying to generate some intereset, but if I ran a tourney in SRU, who would come? I know thats only like..an hour from pittsburgh. But I dunno about anyone else.

Dinh

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, obviously new to the forum, I just moved in to PItt this fall and was looking for a little competition (though I get the feeling I'd get taken apart, lol). I know about the weeklies, and I'll try to come to those, but in the meantime is there anything going on? I'd like to improve my game.

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol Wow, hello new people.

Where are the September rankings, I daresay that I should organize this again, since last time I just told you panelists what time to be on and didn't hassle you at that time.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Yep. Renth, stop making things up. You're more fickle than most women I know. And no man should be competing with women in a fickle match.

D

Deleted member

take me triad and javi off the list, we don't enter tournaments anymore. the 3 of us only entered @ scranton because we were persuaded to go.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
I thought that was too special of a character to be used...oh well. and if by 50, you mean M&Ms then yes.

A-Laon

Smash Master
I thought that was too special of a character to be used...oh well.
One on each side is far cooler anyway. It is as if your name is embodied within the battery, the letters connecting a fierce current of electric death surging through you and igniting your desire for 4-stocks.

pockyD

Smash Legend
as far as rankings go i guess we're going to have to become more stringent on the requirements it irks people to see 'inactives' ranked

so for this next one i'm thinking at least 2 events from july til now that have results posted somewhere? don't have to be in PA (as far as i can find, there are exactly 2 PA events that qualify in that period), but the player has to live in PA

thoughts?

edit: the outcome may eventually turn out like NJ's list, where half the relevant players didn't 'qualify' and the back half of the list becomes real stretches. just something to consider

Renth

Smash Hero
as far as rankings go i guess we're going to have to become more stringent on the requirements it irks people to see 'inactives' ranked

so for this next one i'm thinking at least 2 events from july til now that have results posted somewhere? don't have to be in PA (as far as i can find, there are exactly 2 PA events that qualify in that period), but the player has to live in PA

thoughts?

edit: the outcome may eventually turn out like NJ's list, where half the relevant players didn't 'qualify' and the back half of the list becomes real stretches. just something to consider
i do like the way they have that

--- good players unranked because of inactivity.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Yeah. Our requirements for activity are to not drop off the face of the earth. 2 tournies in a ranking period, one of those should be in PA but be lenient about it. I mean, we know who should be ranked and who is inactive.

I agree with Pocky D.

pockyD

Smash Legend
it's taking a while because we'd rather have all panelists present when we discuss things

we had 1-8 locked down, as well as 14-15 and were working on 9-13, but if we are upping the inactive rule (which seems to be the popular demand), there will need to be more work done on the end of the list

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
I heard rumors of a tournament happening in a small place at temple university in philly on the 14th, can anyone that either goes there or is active in that area confirm this? The rumors came from my friends who attend there that overheard the people that smash there talking.

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
yay, ill try and definitly be there then, get drunk as hell stay at my friends dorm room then play some smash drunk XD

And probably is no one good is there ill use donkey kong and beast some captain jack moves

Renth

Smash Hero
i'm bored

anyone who wants to visit from anywhere free housing + free food for as long as you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom