• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Rankings! Pennsylvania Player Finder and Power Rankings (10/31/07)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
well first that means we should play there more often, as a whole because so far the only two that are intersted in it are the two ppl who play in NJ the most throughout the year. Like i'd be for it, but then again thats a baist of mine because ive been to alot of NJ events in the past 6 months. I dunno, like unless ppl are willing to bust their a$$ to get to more of these tourneys(nj related) then it doesnt seem like a good ide, but on the other hand if ppl are willing to bust their a$$ and try to get to more tourneys that way then im all for it.

D

Deleted member

I'm all for it as well. Watch out for Reik, PA, he's gotten much better since april lol.

D20

Smash Lord
We have problems as it is comparing Philly with Pittsburgh... adding Jersey will make it even harder.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Honestly I think it'll be more trouble than it's worth.

Edit: My post on the NJ boards also says that I just don't understand why we would, even if it would work, is this a good idea? lol It seems kind of pointless to me, especially since there are already Tri-State rankings.

PA and NJ are very close in the community though, we all sort of know eachother, which is the only reason I'm not just flat out saying that this is stupid. But other than that, I think it's by far a better idea not to merge.

Renth

Smash Hero
i barely know any of the NJ guys so if you decide to merge rankings i will have no idea where to put anyone

Velocity

Smash Lord
its funny cause nj playes in two hrs can play ne one else in jersey, philly, or newyork

where as pa its 4 hrs unless your in shipps. i agree that combining is abit odd cause off there being a tristate ranking, though newyork has a split ranking so it a thought to add philly to new jersey and then have a rest of pa idk its an idea idk ifs its a good one

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
I Nominate myself as a panelist. I'll leave cactuar at the top cause hes a pretty cool guy, move mow under some random bowser play near the hundreds, keep everyone else the same, oh and rank people now as how good you are in Naruto 4

1 - Cape
2 - Beserk
3 - SlayerColdkilr

D

Deleted member

i agree i'm horrible

scar is way better than most of the ranked PA guys.

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
I think my friend beat scar in the scranton tournament once? Scar did you play a Marth over by the tv closest to the front counter, might of been nicknamed BZRK.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Thx Mow & Wesley <3. Actually no one at Scranton touched me aside from everyone in singles, because I am terrible in tourney. However I used an Action Replay on my brain so now I might have h4x'd the ph33r from Singles Tourney Scar.

There is a pic of me in my SWF profile if you are unsure if it was me or not.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I got a new nickname in college, so now i'm using that on the boards. This is Na!l, so can someone change it in the player finder?

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, you're awesome. Also, we should make the rankings based on the player's skill at ET.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
I think if we were going to change up what states are included in our rankings we should scrap PA Rankings all together and combine Eastern PA and Jersey and Western PA and Ohio, then Middle PA can go where ever they want. I mean to be honest most of us in Pittsburgh go to Ohio more than we go to anything on the East side of PA, likewise for Eastern PAers and Jersey.

That of course is if you were still contemplating adding Jersey. If it was going to go unchanged then whatever.

pockyD

Smash Legend
I think if we were going to change up what states are included in our rankings we should scrap PA Rankings all together and combine Eastern PA and Jersey and Western PA and Ohio, then Middle PA can go where ever they want. I mean to be honest most of us in Pittsburgh go to Ohio more than we go to anything on the East side of PA, likewise for Eastern PAers and Jersey.

That of course is if you were still contemplating adding Jersey. If it was going to go unchanged then whatever.
MOST of pittsburgh has never gone to ohio and have played the rest of PA significantly more than we've played ohio

Not to mention ohio doesn't even have rankings, and if you somehow merged west PA with ohio, you'd still have the issue of being 5 hours from cincinatti as opposed to 5 hours from philadelphia

A-Laon

Smash Master
If the majority of Pittsburgh hasn't gone to Ohio, then the majority of Pittsburgh should go.

As for relative proximity, the vast majority (if not all) of events those of us who have traveled to Ohio have been to were within about 3 hours.

pockyD

Smash Legend
do you really believe pittsburgh should be merged with ohio or are you just trying to be difficult?

i don't really want to address your points until you confirm what side of the fence you stand on because honestly you confuse the living hell out of me

A-Laon

Smash Master
If I were trying to be difficult I would have made it explicitly obvious.

Personally, I'm not very devoted to the issue, but, ideally, I'd have the individuals ranked amongst the group they play more. Seriously though, I'm not here to propose any solution. Ranking two wildly different parts of the state together seems trivial, yet attempting to merge Pittsburgh with another state seems impractical.

Only conclusion I can come to is that PA sucks and that any feasible method of ranking its players will still be fundamentally flawed, so I'll leave those who want to waste their time on it to do just that.

Unless I'm bored.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Only conclusion I can come to is that PA sucks and that any feasible method of ranking its players will still be fundamentally flawed, so I'll leave those who want to waste their time on it to do just that.
Failure due to emo.

D20

Smash Lord
I say we just make a combined Young Link power ranking for Ohio, Jersey, and PA... cause everyone knows that using Young Link is the true test of a smasher's ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom