• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Rankings! Pennsylvania Player Finder and Power Rankings (10/31/07)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier6

Smash Apprentice
california university (washington county)
wow I haven't been on here for a LONG LONG time

of course renth you're the FIRST person on this thread LOL

yea I'm pretty much crewless (not worried about that really)
Soldier6 - Active (meaning...I'll play anytime I'm invited as long as I can make it, so not as often as I'd like but hey, gotta work with what you've got)
AIM: DugieHowserMD
Cell: you can have that when/if we meet in person
County: Cambria, although I'm going to california university which is in washington county I believe

Renth

Smash Hero
of course renth you're the FIRST person on this thread LOL

yea I'm pretty much crewless (not worried about that really)
Soldier6 - Active (meaning...I'll play anytime I'm invited as long as I can make it, so not as often as I'd like but hey, gotta work with what you've got)
AIM: DugieHowserMD
Cell: you can have that when/if we meet in person
County: Cambria, although I'm going to california university which is in washington county I believe
You still play this game?

Zap Roffo

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm new here. I'm mainly looking for games around State College. From reading the player finder, it seems sort of thin in this area. Is there any Smash Boards smash around here?

Info:
Name: ZapR
AIM: Relinquo01 E-mail: mspin761@gmail.com
Cell: by request
Info: Not that strong of a player (still incorporating advanced techs, but hopefully I will get on the improvement boat earlier for brawl). I always want to play though and still want to improve at melee.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
The Smash Affiliates & Killer Fleet Presents: Zenith - SEPTEMBER 28th-29th!

Feel free to put it in your sigs!

Venue info

The famous web2zone

54 Cooper Square
between 4th & 3rd Ave
New York, NY 10003
212 614 7300
www.web2zone.com

By Train you can take the 6 Train to Astor place OR the NRW line to 8th street. Walk to the Chase Bank and make a right and it is only 2 STORES Down.

* 4 Stock
* 8 Minute time limit
* Items off

Events:

Friday 6pm-11pm: $20 - low tier doubles

Saturday: 9am-all day
$20 - singles
$20 - doubles
$15 - ssb64 1v1
$20 - ssb64 doubles

Rules
Team attack ON
Life stealing is allowed

In the event of a tie at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins, otherwise the player with the lowest percentage wins. If both Players have the same percentage, the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. this determines winner.

Each Round is best of three matches; Finals are best of five matches

Singles seeding will be random with some courtesy to crews – you will be spaced evenly as to prevent playing each other in the first round. One of the two criteria must be fulfilled in ordered to be favored. You MUST have 3 or more people in a group hailing from the same region, or you must be part of a crew. Teams seeding will be done randomly.

In case more than 64 people come, Singles seedlings will be determined by pools – each player will be assigned to a pool, and each pool will play 2 Three (3) stock matches in a round robin. If a player wins a match, he must inform an official of how much stock he had remaining. Players will continue to play with each other until each player has played all of the other players in the pool twice. The lowest ranking players will be cut off from each pool, so much so until it meets the conditions of a 64-man bracket. All stages for pools are picked randomly, and all character selections will be double blind pick – both players must whisper their character choices for that match to an official, and then immediately select those characters afterwards.

Random Stages for Singles: Final Destination, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Pokémon Stadium, Yoshi’s Story

Random Stages for Doubles: Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Pokémon Stadium
Stages Banned: Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Terminal Bay and Yoshi’s Island 64

Dave’s Stupid Rule Modified – The same stage cannot be played twice in a row during a set

Stage Strike Rule – Each player/team can choose 1 stage to remove from random select AFTER all players have selected their characters. Players may change their stage strike for each succeeding game PRIOR to a stage being chosen. (DO NOT ACTUALLY REMOVE THE STAGES FROM THE RANDOM STAGES LIST)

For the First round in a set, character selection for the round will be double blind pick (unless the players don't care). The stage select for the first match will be chosen by random select or may be agreed upon by the players. Random select will be used if there is any disagreement on stage selection.

For the next round, players first may choose to change their stage strike, and then the losing player from the previous match must announce their choice for the next level or elect to have the next level selected at random. Once the stage selection has been announced, the winning player may choose to change their character. Once the winning player has chosen his character for the next match, the losing player may then choose to change characters. After the stage and characters have been set, the players play their second match. All succeeding matches are played in the same manner.

Low Tier 2v2

Allowed Characters :

* Luigi
* Link
* Roy
* DK
* Pikachu
* Zelda
* Ness
* Young Link
* Yoshi
* Kirby
* Mr. Game & Watch
* Bowser
* Mewtwo
* Pichu
* One Ice Climber (must kill ice climber before battle begins)

4 Stock
8 Minutes

Same rules as Doubles

Smash 64

Tournament Rules

* Double Elimination
* All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.
* 5 stock, 10 min Time limit
* Team Attack On
* No excessively STALLING a match! If caught doing so, you will be asked to stopped with a warning. If you continue to do so, you will forfeit the match.
* Ties broken by lives/percentage
* Items OFF

Stages/Characters:

Stages available: Peach's Castle, Hyrule Temple, Saffron City, Dreamland and Congo Jungle.
If a player plays Ness, he may demand a repick if Saffron City is selected as a random stage, however if the opponent is the loser he has the right it counter-pick Saffron City.
All other stages banned
First round stage is random unless players can agree upon a stage
Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go to random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
Double Blind may be called in the first match

You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.
You can buy a brand new first party controller here (http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs...encyPreference) or you can try and find a new or used controller at your local game stores or Ebay.

pockyD

Smash Legend
can you please stop spamming our thread

you already made an advertising post less than a week ago and there was definitely no need to post 10 pictures and a full rule set

Nakamaru

Smash Master

Renth - Active +
Aim: Renth13 | E-mail: Renth13@aol.com
Phone # available upon request | Age: 18
I'm in still in high school unfortunately i'm always looking for somebody to play so if your bored contact/play me :laugh:
Cambria County

PA sucks...

Someone should really put this back in the finder because it was the very first post in the thread. >.> ya'll blind as bats.

PS-that bunny is too good.

pockyD

Smash Legend
well

1) i wasn't sure whether his info has changed on his return
2) renth himself has access to the pa finder account so there is really no reason he can't add himself -_-

Nakamaru

Smash Master
1 is understandable, but 2? Lolz you saw his "top speed technology." He can barley make a post without it taking like 40 minutes.

Im not raging on anyone, im just saying.

pockyD

Smash Legend
1 is understandable, but 2? Lolz you saw his "top speed technology." He can barley make a post without it taking like 40 minutes.

Im not raging on anyone, im just saying.
well along with #1, if he's living somewhere else, it's not illogical to think he has a real internet connection either

and making a post is not exactly bandwidth specific anyway

what does it matter anyways, it's better to have no information than wrong information

Renth

Smash Hero
eh look at that info get rid of i'm in high school and add i'm liviing back in colver for now XD.. too lazy to update myself.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Kill your loved ones
While a solution to this problem, killing your loved ones can also unintentionally solve a variety of other problems in life as well.

It is the only way to acheive Mangekyo Sharingan, and also nearly invariably gives the independence that many if not most young adults long for.

Scar

#HarveyDent
if you kill your loved ones, you replace one family gathering with like 20 funerals

it's a loss in the long run
A good point, and one most anti-homogenocidists call to attention at this point in the debate.

However I believe that the lack of loved ones attending (due to their being purged from this world) would make attendance, or lack thereof, at said funerals to be irrelevant.

Furthermore, the original purpose of the massacre was to postpone a single gathering, presumably something unmissable, rendering the approximately 20 subsequent funerals attendable.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
<goes to penn>A good point, and one most anti-homogenocidists call to attention at this point in the debate.

However I believe that the lack of loved ones attending (due to their being purged from this world) would make attendance, or lack thereof, at said funerals to be irrelevant.

Furthermore, the original purpose of the massacre was to postpone a single gathering, presumably something unmissable, rendering the approximately 20 subsequent funerals attendable.</goes to penn>
*Added correct tags.

Velocity

Smash Lord
the point was so they couldnt make you go to ne thing, if they are dead whos stopping you, no one say cops cause they can be killed to, and if your that cold too kill your own family would you even care about attending the funerals in the first place

velocity logic

wait wait wait Velogicty

Scar

#HarveyDent
Yeah Velocity was on a roll last night with the funnies. I was going to quote a part of that and say "LOL." but that whole post was amazing.

And I am against quoting full posts.

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
Kite Teched Out Enterprises

AIM: Azurexkite91 or onewithnopants91 E-mail: AZurexkite91@aol.com

Cell#:1-570-350-7687 (text only)

im a falco player is looking for more compition near east stroudsburg

o and by the way wat exactly is FC for smash ??? and where is it

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
So.... when are we going to reconvene for the new rankings list?

I have a few suggestions about where people should be based on what I saw at Komo's place and the scranton tournament.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
You know whats funny.....

The fact that Delaware tried to make a comeback and now their threads are gone and most of their players are extremely inactive.

Ultima Scout's Delaware friends is pretty much all hellaware has left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom