• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Rankings! Pennsylvania Player Finder and Power Rankings (10/31/07)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Mow, I haven't seen you at a tournament in months. The PA scene is very fluid. Our Panelist consisted of East and West smashers, because they have been the most active ones and between all of us we have played everybody in PA.

Besides this list is somewhat preliminary. After Komosutro's tourny in September we want to convene for another list.

Mow, You have played everyone in PA, but your experience is limited to like a couple month's ago. Among the panelists we have very up to date notions of where people are at.

I appreciate your comments. They will be taken into account. I said this before: There are people on the list who will need to prove themselves. Cape, Vagabond, and El Komosutro come to mind. So lets get everybody at El Komosutros.

El_Komosutro

Smash Journeyman
if you absolutely need a central smasher than i can do it but if thats the case can you take me off the rankings until after my tourny?

D

Deleted member

take me off the list. I'm done arguing. Cactuar was right, as he always is.

pockyD

Smash Legend
well this has gone well

if popular demand calls for it, i guess we will have to just take the whole list down and scrap the project if it's causing more harm than good, which it seems to be at this point

(we can't take individual people off of it just by request though)

i did make a real effort to get as varied a panel as possible, but cactuar said no (for no real reason), and mow followed soon after. cape and komo, weren't here when we were originally forming the panel and didn't even really show up until the first list was released. i don't see who else i could've asked to contribute.

mow it's not like we were going to ignore your arguments. we would have put off releasing a list for as long as it took for people to agree (note: this doesn't mean that you have to conform to our views; sometimes things just take time to understand and maybe we could've seen things your way, but now we'll never know). you could have just filibustered and blocked us all on AIM or something and if you did it discretely, we would have never moved forward. i know i was perfectly willing to listen to you rant as long as you were providing explanations, which you have shown you are willing to do when you talk to me on AIM; why couldn't you just tough out some "retardedness" for the good of the state and present your case to everyone in the chat?

if it's what the rest of the state wants, you and cactuar can take over the rankings, post your 100% agreed list in 10 minutes, and we can go from there. i'm sorry we let you down

vagabond

Smash Apprentice
Well, this is the first and last thing I'm going to say about all this. First and foremost, I am glad to be on that list at all, as everyone should be. Second, I don't think that skill level is determined by number of tournies entered (which seems to be a prominent decisive factor for some players' rankings) , as it is widely agreed upon that most of PA doesn't travel that much to play one another. Third, let's just settle this at JD's tournament. Everyone could keep arguing that he beat someone else here or there and I could do the same, but it's only going to make people more angry and cause unnecessary rifts in the already weak PA community. Just practice for Sept. 8th and bring your best game. That is all.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Why arent the ppl in question posting for themselves? I mean its a panel but i think they should post or say something unless they dont care that is. >_>

Eggm

Smash Hero
i agree with vagabond, sept 8th wont decide everything but it should be a good gauge @ the least.

what exactly are the rankings based on EXACTLY.

Based on what I say :

1. Cactuar
2. Swift bass
3. Velocity
4. Pacman
The rest would take too much effort for me figure out yourselves. xD

NaotaKun

Smash Rookie
I agree with everything swiftbass says because he's beast, the most beast person i'ever seen in my life......dayum son, why arent you pro yet. Stop sandbaggin and take off the shackles son, take them ****s off

D20

Smash Lord
I'm actually the best. The whole Young Link thing is a big setup. In reality, I main Fox. I have been sandbagging for the last 6 months so that nobody will be scared to MM me... then I'll make $300 in one day.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Why arent the ppl in question posting for themselves? I mean its a panel but i think they should post or say something unless they dont care that is. >_>
I've already said my peace.

We put up our opinion, had it **** on, and there's nothing else to it.

Our rankings were a composite of our experience playing people and recent tournament match results. As Mow has so eloquently put though, we have never even played Super Smash Brothers Melee with other players in PA and have no right to judge anyone.

I know it's been said before, but I'll say it again:

PA sucks.

takieddine

Smash Master
Wow what's happening? Fishy is gone and so is Harm...

You guys better use your old SWF accounts or you shall be considered a scrub from now. :)

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Lol Rob moved up a spot because Mow wanted off the rankings lololololol. Rob>Mow according to Pa Power Rankings.

Hey can someone post some vids or something of Triad_Prodigy, and Javier or else I'm just going to have to say those two are a ploy created by Cactuar so he could own the top 3 spots in the PA Power Ranking, and now that Mow has pulled himself off the ranking Cactuar's plan has been fulfilled.

Cactuar is now the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd best player in PA, he is truly 1337.

Whoops I forgot.

PA Suckzorz.

Except Cactuar.

Who should move so PA just Sucks.

El_Komosutro

Smash Journeyman
omgitsfootstool go to my tourny

everyone else we shouldn't even bother arguing with the rankings till after some tourny play, mow can't be taken off the rankings and my tourny is gonna be so full of mm we can do rankings off that and gets some tekken rankings too, BTW bring any game to my tourny and we'll play it either during or after the tourny

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
Player Name HiV+ (Team SLAYER)
AIM: Coldkilr1000
E-mail: ChrisC500001@yahoo.com
Cell#: 267-671-7103
Yo guys, I Like to play smash. I go to chestnut hill college and I go to monco to play my friends in smash. I Have a car. Enough said, If you wanna play smash and have a place to play, ill bring some food and well play and practice and ****ing have a good time. If anyone is near chestnut hill, drexel, arcadia, Univ. of Penn, isn't named cactuar....;-), hit my cell up and if Im not working, well play ^_^.

Oh yea
Main : Falco / Doc
Sub: Marth / Fox / Cap / Anyone I feel that can counterpick the !@#$ out of you

Velocity

Smash Lord
Player Name HiV+ (Team SLAYER)
AIM: Coldkilr1000
E-mail: ChrisC500001@yahoo.com
Cell#: 267-671-7103
Yo guys, I Like to play smash. I go to chestnut hill college and I go to monco to play my friends in smash. I Have a car. Enough said, If you wanna play smash and have a place to play, ill bring some food and well play and practice and ****ing have a good time. If anyone is near chestnut hill, drexel, arcadia, Univ. of Penn, isn't named cactuar....;-), hit my cell up and if Im not working, well play ^_^.

Oh yea
Main : Falco / Doc
Sub: Marth / Fox / Cap / Anyone I feel that can counterpick the !@#$ out of you
MM me and play me today i live on cottman

Iceburgh

Smash Journeyman
No, Iceburgh drama is the best. Ranking drama's probably fine when you're not a panelist, but when you are, it's not.
Simple fix.. Bring back Blue and Gold Text.. Make Mow and everyone else in top 5 Gold again also put Reik as PA OoS Gold text..

Make all the panelists Blue Text. Then make Renth OoS Blue Text and Put me as active + and ill make posts about how i can beat people in 1 day practicing fox because im so much better than Pittsburgh.

Anyways I was unbanned like a month ago and decided to stop by and say hi to everyone. I miss chatting with people and want to play maybe ill go buy another game.. and another Gamecube controller for a bit.

Anyways.. Blue+Gold Text=Drama unlike no other. And the last rule will be if you havnt been around since 2002 your not allowed to be texted at all lol.

Ok now onto more important matters. Any release date for Brawl. Hopefully once they set a release date I will start focusing on organizing the Smash tourney for Pittsburgh as i want it to be kinda like a Multi day event.. a Final Melee Tourney with a Brawl Launch Tourney for fun as well for all the players.

pockyD

Smash Legend
1) reik will be in-state in a month
2) renth moved to florida which isn't even close to PA
3) active +/- is gone because it was useless
4) panelists weren't chosen based on skill (clearly am i rite)
5) determining the top 5 is just as lame
6) brawl is getting released early december in america (earlier in europe i believe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom