• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New pikachu Dthrow CGS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PikaPika!

Smash Ace
on metanight
0%~about 60%
on pikachu
0%~about 40%
on ike
0%~about 50%
on link
0%~about 55%
on donkeykong
10%~about 40%
on squirtle
10%~about 40%
on sonic
10%~about 30%
on bowser
20%~about 30%
on wario
10%~about 30% (in certain situations, till about 120%)
on lucas
10%~about 40%

on charizard
0%~about 80%
on ganon
0~about 90%
on fox
0~99%
on sheik
0~99%
on falco
0%~104%
on captain falcon
0%~about 110%
on wolf
0%~about 110%

-wierd ones
on snake
23%~about 70%
on dedede
0~about 90%

finish off with either
-up tilt
-up smash
-grab hits x n > upthrow

falco and wolf needs to be started off with forward throws till about 20%
there might be other characters that needs to be / can be started off with forward throw

the wierd ones can be get out of when the down throw is diminished at a certain point at a certain %
if you can control it, they shouldn't be able to get out of it
there might be other characters like this as well

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Haha, youre such a ***** xD. Anyways these are from the Japanese via Michael Hey's blog. Me and prime tested MK and Falco it looks like they work. No one seems to believe us though =P

Anyways, thats directly quoted from Michael Hey.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm gonna call shenanigans on this one.

0-60% would be nice on MK and all, but.... I have my doubts. I feel like it would have been found already..... someone needs to test this in real, offline matches.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
..... I changed my mind. I still think it needs to be tested more in real matches, but I'm starting to see how it could possibly work.

Maybe.

(I hope it does.)

The Truth!

Smash Ace
We also found some awesome stuff on momentum canceling. Apparently pika is 4th best =P, which is why he tends to live relatively long. Maybe Ill post that later.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Simple enough, the opponent just needs to ban Final Destination and just play on a platform, for the ones that start with a forward throw. Go to smashville for the down throw, stay near or on the platform.
Really situational, but good to grind past some noobs.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
so does Pikachu need to be a the ledge to do this? Cause I've pulled that off on Ike (40%), DK (40%), and Falco (100%)

think about doing to MK... Shield grab Shuttle loop > **** lol

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Soooo it's pretty much the DThrow CG with perfect timing? Or is it ledge stuff?

Dream Land Works

Smash Journeyman
I tested some of this, Falco seems to only escape at 70%, unless I just been doing it wrong. Basically you need to buffer your grab with the grab button so that Pikachu will grab as soon as he possibly can and not renew the move (aka don't use your grab attack).

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
explain how to buffer the grab o_o.. cause spamming grab wouldn't be that. I mean when should we hit the grab button to buffer it prefectly. vids maybe would be nice.

Sei Shin Casios

Smash Cadet
test in trainingmode:
yeah,
if falco di's toward pikchu, he will footstooljump pika. tried it on 1/4, with regrab input as soon as pika first touches the ground after his d-throw (still spinning). he grabs as soon as he stops spinning, but falco will fsj in the 5 frames before the "hitbox" comes out.
i guess its the same with the other chars.

but as far as i know there is a slight diffrence between trainingmode and normal brawl isnt it?
perhaps it works in "realbrawl", but i dont think so.

Veng

Smash Ace
Training mode doesnt stale your throws, so it doesnt matter.

I tested this on MK with Tag and it works, of course this was on wifi so it was harder but in real life it should be easy.

Sei Shin Casios

Smash Cadet
it doesnt really matters if the throw is getting weaker.. because he can still fsj at least out of the first one.

but it is indeed a very close thing, and i tested it alone (one hand grabing, one hand di+fsj).
it was as i said on 1/4 so i think i did the regrab perfect (grab input as he was still spinning from the downthrow).
i only fsj out of it 3 or 4 times, trying the chaingrab 50, but i did it.
i was using a wiimote with falco so i could di and mash the jumpbutten at the same time, so i did not time the fsj. i was concentrating on the regrab.

it is a very very close thing (i guess only a few frames), so it is worth trying if the opponent does not expect it, anyway.

could somebody who has an offline trainingpartner test this thing? (like esam against his bro)

would be awesome this chaingrab is possible..
(to good to be true xD)

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
how does buffering work grab? every time i grab any earlier then i can a sheild comes out instead of a grab. ill test this irl tomorrow. holy ****, if these work, pika just gained a lot of good matchups.

Veng

Smash Ace
it works, in fact even if you dont time it perfectly pikachu has super armour from the grab.

i had my friend mk up b and the animation didnt even show, but i got the damage

gallax

Smash Hero
i doubt this would make pika higher tier. maybe a few spots, but we still have to worry about killing after that. still research though. this would be an excellent advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom