• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*New* Official Rob Stage Discussion (Phase 4: Lylat Cruise)

buenob

Smash Lord
you will play on delphino a _lot_ in tourneys becuase MK's will take you there, and you need to ban other levels... learning it solidly is key

buenob

Smash Lord
why would MK bring you to Bstar? yeah it's good for him, but it's also a sick map for ROB... our top can pretty much be placed anywhere we want, with all the slants and hitboxes to change the trajectory... we never have to recover high (unilke delphino) so shuttle gimps aren't ever a problem, and our aerials/fsmash take advantage of the "lingering hitbox" effects from hitting the stage way more than MK...

solid level for both characters, I just think delphino is more better for MK

edit: exactly what he said
||
V

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
hmm since i have only been playing MK in friendlies i have not had to deal with CPs since we let random choice for us so i guess in tourney i will expect Delfino.

Also just a thought if the MK does know the ROB MU which many don't they might pick brinstar out of habit

buenob

Smash Lord
you mean delphino out of habit... I don't think i've seen an MK CP something other than a neutral, delphino, ps1, or rainbow-cruise depending on their preference...

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
you mean delphino out of habit... I don't think i've seen an MK CP something other than a neutral, delphino, ps1, or rainbow-cruise depending on their preference...
hmm weird i always heard brinstar is great for MK and thats one of there fav CP. Well i guess if thats not true i am just misinformed but ether way that is not very impotent. Wouldn't MK like a stage which is small so he can't be spammed easily by rob. Ether way nothing really changes i just have to stick to my strategy to beat MK.

TheMike

Smash Lord
hmm weird i always heard brinstar is great for MK and thats one of there fav CP. Well i guess if thats not true i am just misinformed but ether way that is not very impotent. Wouldn't MK like a stage which is small so he can't be spammed easily by rob. Ether way nothing really changes i just have to stick to my strategy to beat MK.
You're not misinformed. Brinstar is great for MK, but he has better CPs on that MU.

And if more people agree, I'll create the new stage discussion. But before, I need to talk to Dead.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'm pretty sure it's just Delfino. No idea where everyone got DelPHino from.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Actually, I'm not sure. It's either Delfino Plaza, or Delfino Island. I think it's Delfino Plaza though.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Let's do Lylat, I cp like everyone there with great success. And pretty much everyone is mad awkward there or hates it in general. So If I've played them before they ban it and it leaves gayer stages open...oh wait I'm in the atlantic north, there are no gay stages left here. :(

Tin Man

Smash Hero
There are several opprotunities on delfino to Dtilt lock an opponent, and on the main stage you can approach from under neath the platform. Don't bring DDD here because he can abuse the walls better then you with the chain grab, and he can chain grab you off the sides. the sections that go off the sides have no real advantage for ROB

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
There are several opprotunities on delfino to Dtilt lock an opponent, and on the main stage you can approach from under neath the platform. Don't bring DDD here because he can abuse the walls better then you with the chain grab, and he can chain grab you off the sides. the sections that go off the sides have no real advantage for ROB
I hate delfino
Guys WTF?
we're done w/ Delfino......all of us deciding to move on actaully. :)

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Relax, ROB boards are too casual to take things strictly. I say we do Pictochat.

Voltorb

Smash Rookie
On picto chat...
I don't like were this is going

Random, makes camping harder...
But the close blast lines make side KOs easyer (But that works for every one)

Sudai

Stuff here
If an active* member can provide a post of theirs in the ROB board that was created before the OP, I'll give them control of this thread so they can edit the title and keep the OP up to date.

* This is up to my discretion.

Sudai

Stuff here
It's Jumpman's. Sorry Mizu, but he's been here longer and I have more anecdotal evidence to show that he'll handle this well than I do for you.

Top Bottom