• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*New* Official Rob Stage Discussion (Phase 4: Lylat Cruise)

Deadweight

Smash Ace
Look at DDD, only 1 Dash>Shield>Ftilt OoS he can punish ROB's epecial attacks ending lag. Characters with reflector, too(Fox, Pit, ...). There isn't enough time for a Ftilt, Utilt or Uair, if the opponent thinks quickly.
You would ban this vs DDD in the first place so thats not a problem. And I am 999999999% positive that a fox couldnt shine a laser/gyro from across that first transformation and make it over to you before you could throw out a ftilt/utilt. If they are close enough to ftilt you shouldn't be lasering =/

plank =/= Camp IMO
http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Camp

TheMike

Smash Lord
You would ban this vs DDD in the first place so thats not a problem. And I am 999999999% positive that a fox couldnt shine a laser/gyro from across that first transformation and make it over to you before you could throw out a ftilt/utilt. If they are close enough to ftilt you shouldn't be lasering =/
Fox... what about the others?

Deadweight said:
Ok, but i still don't agree that Camping's definition put Planking in it, i just don't want to continue this discussion at the wrong place.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
I like the avatar Mike.

Anyway, I always feel kind of awkward on the third and sometimes on the second transformations. The last one is too... not-quite-FD-ish and people tend to just avoid or powershield my projectiles on the second part so they don't take damage while not approaching the walk-off edges

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Please forgive me if I post something either non-helpful, or redundant.

Advantages:This is an overall good stage for us, we can get some good gimps on the good gimps on the first and third transformations and get some easy WOPs on second stage.

First transformation: Bad edges. platforms, nice wide-open airspace on the sides, we got gimps here, and some easy kills with Fsmash,Bair,Usmash(If below platform) .

Second transformation: WOPs,Bthrow Platforms, Lazer goes through statues.

Third transformation: Same as first, except we would be looking for more Fsmash/Bair kills, and I guess we can do cool Gyro stuff.

Disadvantages: I honestly can't think of any, except for our lack of camping here.

Counterpick:I agree with TheMike here.

- Bowser
- Falcon
- Falco
- Ganondorf
- Ike
- Link
- Lucas
- Luigi
- Mario
- Ness
- Olimar
- Ivy
- Wolf
- ZSS

Ban:
DeDeDe

Any other special details that are stage specific:
D:

Deadweight

Smash Ace
Fox... what about the others?
Ok I shall restate it
I am 999999999% positive that any charachter with a reflector couldnt shine a laser/gyro from across that first transformation and make it over to you before you could throw out a ftilt/utilt.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Ok I shall restate it
I am 999999999% positive that any charachter with a reflector couldnt shine a laser/gyro from across that first transformation and make it over to you before you could throw out a ftilt/utilt.
And i think that this 111111111% is called Falco as his Shine is too long. However, even if ROB could camp(or can camp), gimps are the best option at this transformation for sure.

Getting kills > Rack up damage

Deadweight

Smash Ace
While I agree that gimps is what you are wanting to achieve. You need to force them to approach and you do so by Camping. And Falcos reflector lasting as long as it does is a good thing as he has a harder time punishing the lag from out projectiles.

TheMike

Smash Lord
While I agree that gimps is what you are wanting to achieve. You need to force them to approach and you do so by Camping.
I would prefer playing aggressively, trying to take the opponent off-stage so as to perform the gimp. In other words, i prefer approaching to force the opponent to do so.

We're concentrating too much at only one transformation. Let's discuss a little more about the others. Actually, i would prefer to discuss the "stage" that appears when the transformations are changing.

Sudai

Stuff here
Being defensive with ROB is FAR superior to being aggressive. You can still get people off stage while playing defensively. So yeah, camping is still the better way to go about getting gimps.

Deadweight

Smash Ace
I would prefer playing aggressively, trying to take the opponent off-stage so as to perform the gimp. In other words, i prefer approaching to force the opponent to do so.

We're concentrating too much at only one transformation. Let's discuss a little more about the others. Actually, i would prefer to discuss the "stage" that appears when the transformations are changing.
Discussion is discussion, and discussion is good. if we aren't finished talking about the first part then why switch it up,
Being defensive with ROB is FAR superior to being aggressive. You can still get people off stage while playing defensively. So yeah, camping is still the better way to go about getting gimps.
This^^^^^
1000000 this
I see myself playing aggressively at times and just eat damage for it :( But when you play defensively, its like playing rock paper scissors, and your opponent throws out his choice first.
And this stage reinforces that notion of not approaching with its awkward angles and platforms.

Deadweight

Smash Ace
Um u can make ur gyro bounce on the energy tanks and in the lava.
and isnt better for rob when the stage is apart?
Yes you can do both of those things but losing your gyro in the lava for upwards 20 seconds is never good and yes the stage is better for rob when the stage is apart(all of this have allready been discussed)

Sudai

Stuff here
Don't say last chance. Going to WHOBO this weekend and I plan to test Siege against Sethlon. I'm sure I'll come back with some good tidbits. :]

TheMike

Smash Lord
Well, i don't have anything else to post besides what i've posted at my first post of this discussion.

Deadweight

Smash Ace
Don't say last chance. Going to WHOBO this weekend and I plan to test Siege against Sethlon. I'm sure I'll come back with some good tidbits. :]
Well i meant that Last chance before we move onto the next stage. You can allways drop by and say w/e u want about past stages, but the main focus of discussion will be on a specific stage..

Sudai

Stuff here
I know that I could drop comments on old stages, but still, shouldn't say last chance because technically, it isn't. ;]

I'm just being an *** though, really. XD

TheMike

Smash Lord
Advantages for ROB:

ROB can shark at the "regular" stage, which gives him more options to get back to the stage. At this part, we can also gimp easier characters with tether recovery(my advice here is going off-stage). The other transformations are also good for ROB, at someones, the walk-off part helps us to get earlier kills with Bthrow and, at others, we can camp a little bit safer. Besides, we can perform some Dtilt locks at some walls.

We don't need to worry too much about being edge guarded because there are only 2 or 3 transformations that there's an off-stage part. The others have or walk-off, or water(just try to avoid it). And i think we can have some nice Dairs when the opponent is trying to get off the water as it isn't fast and there's enough time for the Dair to come out.

Earlier kills at this stage is just too good <3

Disadvantages for ROB:

While we can get earlier kills with the walk-off parts, we can also be killed earlier there. While we can get som extra % when the opponent is on the water, we can be edge guarded like hell there if we don't avoid it.

Counter Picks:

It's a nice stage to pick agaist Zamus as we can avoid her's Armor Pieces sharking and sometimes we can get earlier kills with Bthow, Fsmash, Bair, Nair or even gimp her at the parts with an off-stage part because the edges can mess up with her recovery.

Ban:

MK
DDD
Snake(?) - Doubt solved by Darth Waffles

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Ban:
Snake(?)
I wouldn't bother banning this against Snake. Other than the fair spike in the water (which most other characters have some form of), he doesn't have much here that he doesn't get in a better way from another stage like Halberd or something. Many characters especially MK actually like to counterpick this against snakes for the recovery/attack options that ROB also has in his own way

Sudai

Stuff here
I'm just getting back from Houston. Didn't get the chance to try Siege vs Sethlon, but I tried it against OZZ and it was okay, but I'd rather take him to Yoshi's.

Deadweight

Smash Ace
I think brinstar/cruise is a better ban choice than this vs MK,
and Castle siege vs Here for DDD is preference.
Water camping vs people who dont have spikes can be verrrrry effective durring the two transformations that have water. 2 transformations have dtilt locks. And 2 transformations have walk-offs.
Id ban this vs Water campers (IKE!!!!!!!!!!)
Idk to take here really...

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Id ban this vs Water campers (IKE!!!!!!!!!!)
Ganondorf's Flame choke is nasty in water...

I actually like this stage a lot, I don't know why though.

Ummm... supposedly this stage is decent for Ness because he can spike you if you try and come up through the stage, he can recover through the stage, and he has tilt locks wherever we have them. I've only played a ness here once and it didn't seem to be an issue, but it might not have been a good Ness. Plus, they tend to pick Pokemon Stadium anyway.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
I always bring diddy to plaza, it's just too good. The way the stage works just makes it super easy to out camp them. Patience on the main platform while you travel to whatever transformation then adjust your game accordingly. If there is somewhere to tilt lock i camp out in there and make them come to me. If not I pressure them towards the edges and try to kill them off the sides. And the transformation with three pillars, upsmash. Too good.

TheMike

Smash Lord
OP needs update!

omegawhitemage said:
I always bring diddy to plaza, it's just too good. The way the stage works just makes it super easy to out camp them. Patience on the main platform while you travel to whatever transformation then adjust your game accordingly. If there is somewhere to tilt lock i camp out in there and make them come to me. If not I pressure them towards the edges and try to kill them off the sides. And the transformation with three pillars, upsmash. Too good.
Also, at some transfomations, the irregular ground ****s Diddy's Naner game.

buenob

Smash Lord
discussing stages with rob is kinda like discussing stages for everyone else... he has no _bad_ stages, and no really _good_ stages... I play best on BF because that's what I'm most comfortable on...

on that note, don't take MK to delphino lolz... also, on a serious note, uAir is amazing and this level makes it pretty easy to land it consistently :)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Delphino...the main thing that sucks about this stage is that there aren't many really good gimp/edgeguard opportunities as the transformations happen. However, the transformations are pretty easy to camp on, and the walkoff boundaries can be exploited for F-throw/B-throw kills.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Dalfino is a interesting stage. I would say don't ban it unless against a d3. Also i don't think its a great counter pick unless maybe against a space animal or zelda do to the edge (and i still think there are better cp then this stage. Also this stage is not bad vs diddy

adv for rob: water can help you get a spike, walls can lead to good dmg with d-tilt, walk of edges could help you kill with rob's throws, stage you can go throw when recovering.

disadvantages for rob: water can get you spiked, walls can lead to getting a lot of dmg, chain grabs +walk of edges = a very sad rob.

I almost forgot olimar might be able to do some gay things here such as grab u when stage is changing which keeps you on the ground with the pikman that grabbed u and you die. (i am show everyone knows this already)

Any way like i said not a great stage for rob but not a bad one ether maybe a good diddy cp but idk that mu well.

TheMike: if no one is taking care of this thread i don't see why u can't take over.

Edit: since i was not around for brinstar or cs i would like to just put a my quick two cents in.

Brimstar: i hate it the things near the ledge stop my top and it pisses me off Also lava goes after me :(, i might ban this depending on the character i was playing against i.e DK.

CS: i like this stage it might be a cp i would choice but i have not thought that much about it yet. The 2nd part is pretty good for camping but walk off edges could be trouble, the 3rd part kinda big also good for camping and random bump can help mindgame the laser (which is a good thing), 1st part kinda small but i often find it helps me more then hurts me so overall good stage.

(if this does not make sense tell me i am mad tired right now)

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Aren't we gonna move on to the next stage soon.

Oh, and here something quicky it may have already been said but ROB has d-tilt lock against the wall on certain transformations.
Also i'm not sure but MK id NOT someone ROB wants to take here.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Yeah. Delfino = MK. And I said about Dtilt Lock on my post that is quoted below. ;]

Advantages for ROB:

ROB can shark at the "regular" stage, which gives him more options to get back to the stage. At this part, we can also gimp easier characters with tether recovery(my advice here is going off-stage). The other transformations are also good for ROB, at someones, the walk-off part helps us to get earlier kills with Bthrow and, at others, we can camp a little bit safer. Besides, we can perform some Dtilt locks at some walls.

We don't need to worry too much about being edge guarded because there are only 2 or 3 transformations that there's an off-stage part. The others have or walk-off, or water(just try to avoid it). And i think we can have some nice Dairs when the opponent is trying to get off the water as it isn't fast and there's enough time for the Dair to come out.

Earlier kills at this stage is just too good <3

Disadvantages for ROB:

While we can get earlier kills with the walk-off parts, we can also be killed earlier there. While we can get som extra % when the opponent is on the water, we can be edge guarded like hell there if we don't avoid it.

Counter Picks:

It's a nice stage to pick agaist Zamus as we can avoid her's Armor Pieces sharking and sometimes we can get earlier kills with Bthow, Fsmash, Bair, Nair or even gimp her at the parts with an off-stage part because the edges can mess up with her recovery.

Ban:

MK
DDD
Snake(?) - Doubt solved by Darth Waffles

Top Bottom