• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New North American Online Player Tier List

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
I'm only Squashini. I haven't been around "recently," but only recently as in about two months. If you think Fсk Vwls has suddenly gotten enormously better in that time, then okay, but the last time I played him he was good but not that good.

Trust me, no one I go even with belongs near A tier.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
You're not even bad Squashini, come on now...

And yes, my matches with Kimi got real heated and competitive and he was suprisingly genuine and nice. Usually people's egos get the better of them and the douchebag comes out.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Honestly, as long as people are in the proper tier you can't really nitpick other players' lists. Its based off of their personal experience against those players, and it seems wotg has a harder time vs kabal and vwls than he does vs the people he ranked below them.

That being said, just noticed battlecow in A tier, wat.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Honestly, as long as people are in the proper tier you can't really nitpick other players' lists. Its based off of their personal experience against those players, and it seems wotg has a harder time vs kabal and vwls than he does vs the people he ranked below them.

That being said, just noticed battlecow in A tier, wat.
You mean people who aren't in A-tier five-stock you when you play them on console? Good to know.

/joking

/halfjoking

/likeaquarterjoking

clubbadubba

Smash Master
pshh who wasn't wrecking my **** then. I just got out of the car on a 4 hour drive and hadn't had time to play any smash that week. Should've stayed another day so I could be 5 stocking you.

/likeaneighthjoking

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
Anyone ever play 'DC-Nerd' or something like that?
Not really sure cause he doesn't speak at all, won't even respond to a good ol' gg, but he seems like a pretty salty dude. he seems OK when you're Beating him, but will play like a real douche if he's winning. Crazyish DI and very clean tech skills(seems like a kb player)

Also, Wish i didnt suck at online.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Yea played him 1v1 and on his team the other day. He's solid. You're right, he doesn't talk much, but I didn't get a douche vibe. Guess I never let him start winning :laugh:

Battlecow

Play to Win
I mean I could 3-4 stock him online too

/ninetenthsjoking

good point tho

I'm naturally kind of a douche, but I try really hard to keep my composure

These days I'm good at not johning even though my natural inclination (like everyone's) is to john like a *****

and I'm better than I used to be at giving lip service to politeness these days (e.g. saying what I know I should say rather than what I feel--i.e. "good games, I'm really impressed" because they were good and I should be impressed even though I feel like saying "**** YOU YOU'RE SO LUCKY")

but I still do stuff like storm off without a gg as soon as the session's done

And I'll defs curse loudly when I'm losing

So still some WORK TO DO

Battlecow

Play to Win
Near dude you gotta get more complex

like what I'm saying is you react to things in really predictable ways

throw in some offputting character-diversifying traits or actions, and it'll seem like they come from life experiences or personal attributes outside of what people expect from you (fairly stupid, emotionally fragile and insecure and that's pretty much it)

Even if it's actually totally constructed, no one or almost no one will see through it as long as you commit and everyone will respect you more and dance to your tune instead of getting their jollies by jerking you around like a whiny self-centered marionette

You're never gonna impress people with actual good qualities because you don't have any, but it's really easy to get people interested in you and your endeavors. All you have to do is fake it a little bit. Almost anything unexpected is good in your case.

^^Legit life advice, I mean not really because obviously you'll never take it but if you did it would make you better off

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
There should be a seperate Keyboard Tier List. SK still on keys?

DC-NERD

Smash Cadet
Anyone ever play 'DC-Nerd' or something like that?
Not really sure cause he doesn't speak at all, won't even respond to a good ol' gg, but he seems like a pretty salty dude. he seems OK when you're Beating him, but will play like a real douche if he's winning. Crazyish DI and very clean tech skills(seems like a kb player)

Also, Wish i didnt suck at online.

Hey I am a talkative guy, what did i do to be described in such a way. :ohwell:

I use a n64 controller btw.

--

(Sorry if im giving off the douche aura to some of you, But if you dont say anything more than GG I just wont talk back. It has nothing to do with being salty. Good day)

DC-NERD

Smash Cadet
I played DC-Nerd the other day on keyboard and won.

Key. Board.

Really? Mention that you beat me (which is once) and throw the ones you lost under the bus. The arrogance makes me discourage to play online as much as i do now. Although, you're not the only to do this. Maybe i should stop playing some of the forum guys if I am going to be put on front street.

--

Cmu6eh probably not. Not ready for tournaments, im still a novice at competitive smash (i suck at it).

--

Hi minty fresh

M!nt

Smash Champion
<plow> hi mint
<plow> I played a yoshi that plays just like you earlier
<{LOVE}Mint> was it dcnerd?
<plow> I asked if it was you
<plow> yes
<plow> lol he said "Don't EVER compare me to Mint"
<{LOVE}Mint> idk why he would say that :c
<{LOVE}Mint> my yoshi's just as good as his
<plow> he said it's insulting
<plow> and it makes him mad
<{LOVE}Mint> ; __ ;

be that way dcnerd! :mad:

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
@DCNerd: Don't take it personally.

If you don't want to be "discussed," and I totally don't blame you, you should just say you don't have any interested in being ranked on this list.

DC-NERD

Smash Cadet
<plow> hi mint
<plow> I played a yoshi that plays just like you earlier
<{LOVE}Mint> was it dcnerd?
<plow> I asked if it was you
<plow> yes
<plow> lol he said "Don't EVER compare me to Mint"
<{LOVE}Mint> idk why he would say that :c
<{LOVE}Mint> my yoshi's just as good as his
<plow> he said it's insulting
<plow> and it makes him mad
<{LOVE}Mint> ; __ ;

be that way dcnerd! :mad:
@Mint
My yoshi is better bro :p ! Dont remember saying the mad part though, im joking when I say stuff like this.

--

@Squash

The way I was being discussed was blatant, condescending and had nothing to do with being ranked. Which in a way, makes me take it a little personal.

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
DC-Nerd said:
The way I was being discussed was blatant, condescending and had nothing to do with being ranked.

I'm afraid you don't know what the word "condescending" means. Insulting, maybe.

And as for being ranked, yeah, it did. I'm putting in a "not B tier" vote for you based on the games we played, including the fact that I won one on kb. Sorry if you don't like it.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I don't like the "I didn't lose to you by as much as I should have" logic

Anyone can drop one to a bad player if they win enough to get lazy and **** around

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
You weren't there, now were you?

It's just an opinion, anyway. Like the entirety of this thread.

EDIT: Oh, and it's not just that I won while playing on keyboard. I think no matter whether I win or lose I can still judge the skill of who I'm playing...

Battlecow

Play to Win
Lol, so being present in the game's room is necessary for me to judge whether you're using ****ty criteria or not, but in order to judge him, you don't even have to be playing right? OK dude.

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure what kind of comparison you're even trying to make there.

I just said that I wasn't basing my entire judgment on wins and losses, but the games themselves. I'm not judging him relative to me. The keyboard comment was offhanded and you are taking it way too seriously.

I don't have any interest in arguing about this further.

DC-NERD

Smash Cadet
Lol squash i misused a word, so what man, you knew what i meant.

"not b tier" is cool with me though. I basically stooped to your level when i was playing you:laugh:

M!nt

Smash Champion
yeah dcnerd I don't take it offensively, I wasn't really there to see the context though lol

we'll see who's better next time we play c:

Top Bottom