• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New North American Online Player Tier List

The Star King

Smash Hero
Wilde is a new guy who's been putting in mad hours and claimed he would go even with me after 2 months, lol

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
yeah we need more people on kaillera who are less focused on winning and more focused on just playing

Wilde seemed B-tier when I played him, are we still doing that low b high and middle lol

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
I'm curious where people who know what they're talking about would rank me.

On an unrelated and somewhat sad note, I'm starting to think Jiggs is my best character.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I'd say Mint is in B tier also.

yeah we need more people on kaillera who are less focused on winning and more focused on just playing
I'm a lot like this actually. I usually don't play many games against people significantly worse than me though because I think they can learn more fighting players closer to their levels.

151rby

Smash Cadet
Just a thought, and sorry if this has already been brought up, but wouldn't this process be greatly simplified by the use of a player rating system such as Elo?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
You are absolutely right, but the problem is players are too lazy to make their own competitive matches and report them, so the only data we have is from online tournaments, which are few and far between. I've been saying for a while that people should just have competitive sets once in a while and be able to report the results to something like that. Nintendude had something like last year, but it only took into account tourney data. So yea, would be great, but not enough people would do it.

151rby

Smash Cadet
I suppose even if players did regularly report the results of their matches, losing players would have an incentive to leave the winner with the burden of reporting (and hope that they forget). Plus when people play like 50 matches in a night, it would just be so easy to forget to write down the outcome of one of them. And of course with any system, there are a few people who will try to exploit it; there isn't really any way to prove that a match was played on Kaillera unless it was recorded (right?), so sadly there would be some instances of false reporting, and denial of legitimate losses.

For an Elo system to be reliable, it would probably have to be automated, which would require significant changes to the software that allows people to play online... yeah, seems a bit out of reach.

#HBC | ѕoup

I think we should categorize tier-lists by greek letters. m!nt for Beta tier.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
My A tier (in order):

Frogles- good with every character
Star king- crazy good fox, very good yoshi
Killer- watched him beat MATTS! multiple times, including 3 stocking a few times
Firo- havnt played in a while, good with most characters, crazy ness
Nintendude- havnt played in a while, seemed good with most characters
YBOMBB- He overrates himself sometimes but is very good and consistent, uses low tiers alot
tacos- I used to be able to beat him, now I cant, very good yoshi
WOTG- good with every character and pretty consistent, good tech skill
Kabal- still has the best samus ive played besides isai and jaimehr

I didn't put sheer on my list cuz he doesnt play me so i cant say how good he is.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
if you add Matts! to the bottom of that list or maybe above WOTG I mostly agree fully. I also think that Kabal is possibly better than WOTG but this might be bias

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Pretty good list gav. I'd agree with Tacos and up.

WOTG and Kabal I'd probably put in their own "bordlerline" A tier. Kabal is mad good for a samus, but it's samus and that's his only char... Too many really bad match ups he's gonna struggle with.

MATTS! can be A tier too. Even though he still rolls around like a noob and his ONLY char is Kirby.

Oh and I'd agree that Jaime and Frog are probably top of A tier not S tier. Boom and malva are the only S tier and above players.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Yea wotg tell us what you think.

SK I can't tell if by certain somebody you are referring to yourself, or if someone is actually back... next time could you be more vague?

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
S(S)-tier (in order)
Isai/malva00
superboomfan

S-tier/High A-tier (in order)
Sensei/JaimeHR
Star King
Bane
Frogles
Killer

A-tier (in order)
SheerMadness
Kabal
Kimimaru
MATTS!
tacos
Dext3r
Battlecow
YBOMBB
WOTG
Firo

B-tier (in order)
*** Vwls
Loto
near
Smelly Cat
thegreginator
clubba
Nova
Combo Blaze
Wilde
B-Link
KnitePhox
Komotonoto
Mint
viCe

All the important people I remember playing in the past months. If I didn't list a name it's either I just don't remember us playing, forgot to add you, or we never played.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Oh right, kimimaru.... star king is that who's back? Is it bane? I bet its bane.

Also I like the list, and the fact that its ordered. Good stuff, I agree for the most part.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
lol I forgot bane, edited. though i heard he quit not too long ago

Also, like every now and then I remember names...one of them being LD who I'm not going to add on the list because he's too controversial.

#HBC | ѕoup

Kimmi is A-tier? I thought he just came back? Good stuff. I'll be sure to play him again, fun times from T-P.

I wanna play someone from A-tier because im not gonna judge my skill based on the friendlies with mint/wilde/combo blaze (i took nearly every game besides some dumb mistakes)

i dont really like rating myself either and i know there's room for improvement still

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
WOTG, why is Fсk Vwls at the top of B tier? There are a bunch of people there who are better than him. Hell, Mint is better than him.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
^^Was gonna say that too, but maybe Vwls just gives WOTG more trouble than the rest of B tier. Its all about matchups

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
I don't think you guys know what you're talking about... When's the last time you played *** Vwls? And Squashini, who are you on kaillera now?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
like 2 days ago lol, and I would DEFINITELY disagree with your placement of him in B tier, but he would still be B tier. I'd actually have him towards the bottom though. Its tough to tell with him though because he does lag/ds a lot so we don't usually get tons of games in.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Hmm okay. He's pretty good every time i play him, in doubles or singles, maybe yall styles get the better of him. And he's gotten better since like months ago or w/e.

Everyone always seem to disagree with my opinion, so whatever. I'm still waiting on Mr everyoneisoverrated tacos to post his holier than thou list

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Kimmi is A-tier? I thought he just came back? Good stuff. I'll be sure to play him again, fun times from T-P.

I wanna play someone from A-tier because im not gonna judge my skill based on the friendlies with mint/wilde/combo blaze (i took nearly every game besides some dumb mistakes)

i dont really like rating myself either and i know there's room for improvement still
I remember that clan! What was your name? And sure, we'll definitely play sometime; I'm able to get on more often because I don't have as much work this week.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Oh yeah! I remember you! Yeah, I go on there sometimes and do some runs, including SSB 1P runs.

We'll definitely play sometime; just let me know when you're available!

Top Bottom