• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New North American Online Player Tier List

prisonchild

Smash Ace
For real. Wtf is this, not everyone can be in A tier lol. Star king is A tier, not S tier. S tier is only for uber good ppl. This is crazy. Tier inflation is bad for competitive economoy. Player tiers should be based on relative skill to others, so it shouldn't steadily improve over time. I swear I'm waiting for someone to say I'm A tier these days lol. 8 ppl A tier cap I say. What a ramble

:phone:
the tiers are relative, so if there's more than 8 people on the same level limiting the number of people in a tier seems petty. as long as they are all legitimately in the same class i don't see what the issue is.

yes it kind of devalues being an A tier player at first glance but it more speaks to the overall level of play imo

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^Basically what I meant by "different landscape." We can assign a ten people cap, but if there is legitimately an 11th person who is on the level of A, and clearly above the high B, it would be silly to limit that.

He has results that you can put your finger on like the tourney win against Nintendude.
Just realized this was console. My B.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
yea i agree, but imo people aren't limiting themselves to people on the same level. and by people, i mean wotg lol. a number cap is the only way to keep people UNDER ****ING CONTROL in this tier list. Here's what doesn't fit for me:

Star King used to be top A tier

Star King switched from kb to controller, and admittedly is worse now

Now Star King is S tier?

Maybe SK went back to kb, or just got supergood. tbh I haven't played him recently. But this looks like pure tier inflation.

Also was totally gonna call you out on that console Tank... damn you fixed it. Now I don't get to reiterate how that meant nothing anyway because I was 4-5 stocking nintendude a week before that. Damn I really wanted to mention that. Oh well.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Pretty much everything i've said has been sarcastic.

This thread has never had any structure and will continue to be that way for ever lol. Who ever people want to see as A-tier will be A-tier, regardless of skill, and that goes for all tiers.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
yea i agree, but imo people aren't limiting themselves to people on the same level. and by people, i mean wotg lol.
I'm confused, you mean I'm not only listing people of the same level as me?

Star King used to be top A tier

Star King switched from kb to controller, and admittedly is worse now

Now Star King is S tier?

Maybe SK went back to kb, or just got supergood. tbh I haven't played him recently. But this looks like pure tier inflation.
Well here's the thing, when Star King was being voted A-tier, I seemed to disagree based off my experience, because at the time he felt better than A-tier to me. I was like the only one advertising him as S-tier. Now people are seeing what I'm seeing. How people did against him when he started on controller, I have no idea. But when I played him on controller recently, he was still pretty good, and hes back on KB now and still is really good. :/

Pretty much everything i've said has been sarcastic.

This thread has never had any structure and will continue to be that way for ever lol. Who ever people want to see as A-tier will be A-tier, regardless of skill, and that goes for all tiers.
The majority of the community has conscious of who's good and who the top players are. Putting labels is just part of competitive fun.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
what i mean is that you are placing people in the same tier when they have significantly different skill levels imo. Of course this is opinion so you can do that, just seems like you're putting everybody into A tier, leaving B tier completely empty... But maybe you're right, post a whole tier list! Then we will see what is what.

like S tier to me, is crazy good people:

Jaime
Frogles
Zach (i forget his main tag?)
very possibly Sensei (though he's not online much I guess so maybe doesn't count)

But those 3 are noticeably better imo. Zach especially is just another level above star king and bane imo

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
What happens when Star King shows up to Apex and brings a Keyboard

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
what i mean is that you are placing people in the same tier when they have significantly different skill levels imo. Of course this is opinion so you can do that, just seems like you're putting everybody into A tier, leaving B tier completely empty... But maybe you're right, post a whole tier list! Then we will see what is what.
Like who??? Btw if ur referring to Nova and Smelly Cat, I wasn't saying they were A-tier, I just said they were good. Most people don't complement players like Nova in particular.

like S tier to me, is crazy good people:

Jaime
Frogles
Zach (i forget his main tag?)
very possibly Sensei (though he's not online much I guess so maybe doesn't count)

But those 3 are noticeably better imo. Zach especially is just another level above star king and bane imo
Have you even played those guys or seen them play? I'm really assuming you haven't.

lol u guys are overrating people way to much.
just gonna stop right there.
Like who? SPEAK UP! Don't be scurred.

cyoonit123

Smash Apprentice
meh haven't been on in a while but i've never played ybombb or nova but they both have pretty good wins. never played smelly or tacos, never lost to LD, got owned by SK a whille back. I need to get back on the scene... who's good now? is everyone just becoming B tier or higher?? :((

kys

Smash Ace
It's funny because im pretty sure bane and zach are the same person.
I think so too. I would be surprised if they were different, because that would mean Bane came out of nowhere destroying everyone. I simply don't believe that happens online because of the adjustment period.

And what tacos said. There's some overrating going on right now, but I suppose that's the fun of these kinds of lists and opinions and all that jazz.

The Star King

Smash Hero
On controller I am maybe like high B tier, depending on the day.

On keyboard I might have been S tier last year at my peak because I was mostly beating Frogles in friendlies and was a stock away from beating JaimeHR in tournament, after which I improved even more and I think the delay hurts me more than it hurts him since he's notorious for being good in delay (can't use Yoshi - how you do it Sheer >_>). But I actually think I am slightly worse ever since my 6 month or so hiatus. I have to struggle more often vs people these days (but maybe a lot of people have improved). So I doubt I will be much difference above other A tiers.

BTW I was rotating 1v1s with smelly cat and YBOMBB and YBOMBB wasn't very good, high B maybe :troll:

BTW clubba I don't think you've EVER played me both playing good and not on controller. Or maybe it's just playstyle match-up because I always seemed to do not very good vs you back in the day.

BTW #3 even if I'm trying not to inflate skill, I think Killer is very easily A Tier. Gives me more trouble than people like Sheer/Firo/Peek/ECartman ever did - and not just his "homo Kirby" people like to talk about, but his Fox, too.

Zach and bane are the same person I think lol, the alt dude basically. And no he's not on another level as me

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Have you even played those guys or seen them play? I'm really assuming you haven't.
Okay... wow. Have played Jaime tonnnnnnnns. I was at Apex, was staying at jimmyjoes with Jaime. Not only did I play him a lot, I also saw him play a lot. Yes it was on console, but as we all know Jaime is the master at console to online transition. Not to mention p2ping with him a fair amount since apex. I know his skill level pretty well.

With Frogles, played 1v1 p2p with him for like 2-3 hours late one night. He ***** me. Harder than SK. because SK doesn't **** me. Was a while ago, don't know him as well, and I've gotten better since, so I'm probably least reliable about him.

With Zach... imo the best of the three, have played him 2 or 3 times in like 2-3 hours sessions. Super super good.

Have played star king a lot too. Granted a lot of that is console or offline emu, but wutevs. Got a good grasp of his skill level too I think.

Thing is, the 3 in my S tier destroy me more or less (maybe have figured out falcon vs samus against Jaime), but SK doesn't destroy me nearly to that extent. Sure he beats me more often than not, and he's really good, buts I can take games off of him somewhat frequently. I also know SK does well vs those 3 in my S tier. So he does pretty good vs S tier, but still doesn't completely dominate B tier... sounds like A tier to me. My definition of S tier is someone who ****s me in the ***. Star King can be SS tier in the U18 Tier List though!

About your A tier... tacos comes to mind. And you (wotg) if you were putting yourself in there (not sure if you were/not gonna check now). But like I said, post the whole list and it'll be easier to say who's clearly better than who.

The Star King

Smash Hero
clubba you have a very one-sided perspective of my skill level I guess

I probably destroy B tiers moreso than Frogles/Jaime because my playstyle leads to that more, except vs you. Your experience with me is heavily skewed by console.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
My tier list my experiences. And I was about to agree with you about console. But then I saw my sig :cool:

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Okay... wow. Have played Jaime tonnnnnnnns. I was at Apex, was staying at jimmyjoes with Jaime. Not only did I play him a lot, I also saw him play a lot. Yes it was on console, but as we all know Jaime is the master at console to online transition. Not to mention p2ping with him a fair amount since apex. I know his skill level pretty well.

With Frogles, played 1v1 p2p with him for like 2-3 hours late one night. He ***** me. Harder than SK. because SK doesn't **** me. Was a while ago, don't know him as well, and I've gotten better since, so I'm probably least reliable about him.

With Zach... imo the best of the three, have played him 2 or 3 times in like 2-3 hours sessions. Super super good.

Have played star king a lot too. Granted a lot of that is console or offline emu, but wutevs. Got a good grasp of his skill level too I think.

Thing is, the 3 in my S tier destroy me more or less (maybe have figured out falcon vs samus against Jaime), but SK doesn't destroy me nearly to that extent. Sure he beats me more often than not, and he's really good, buts I can take games off of him somewhat frequently. I also know SK does well vs those 3 in my S tier. So he does pretty good vs S tier, but still doesn't completely dominate B tier... sounds like A tier to me. My definition of S tier is someone who ****s me in the ***. Star King can be SS tier in the U18 Tier List though!

About your A tier... tacos comes to mind. And you (wotg) if you were putting yourself in there (not sure if you were/not gonna check now). But like I said, post the whole list and it'll be easier to say who's clearly better than who.
I've already posted a couple list months back, I would post another list but I think I'm done contributing to this thread now. It's going no where. Every time I state how good someone is there's always someone implying I'm wrong, or someone stating someone is overrated and whatever.

When you judge off your session of playing someone, I think you should mainly judge how hard you have to try against someone, and then the overall results of a session, especially a long one. Most people here seem to ignore things like styles making fights, player consistency, match ups, delay, and lag. They just play someone and then already jump to a conclusion, making simple judgments like, "Oh i can beat this guy, hes overrated"

¨°PÞ-§°¨ Bane

Smash Apprentice
It's funny because im pretty sure bane and zach are the same person.
lol you're the best mint

I was probably playing you on some random name and told you I go by Zack, clubba. I think I remember that. But I really doubt I'm S tier anymore because I rarely play anymore and I get really bad when I don't play consistently. Maybe I'll start playing again once my dad decides to stop ****** my connection with NETFLIX.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
lol you're the best mint

I was probably playing you on some random name and told you I go by Zack, clubba. I think I remember that. But I really doubt I'm S tier anymore because I rarely play anymore and I get really bad when I don't play consistently. Maybe I'll start playing again once my dad decides to stop ****** my connection with NETFLIX.
Zach == james franco. That you? Or are you saying you aren't him you just said that at the time?

:phone:

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yo EVERY TIME time I play smelly cat, at one point during the session my cat walks in front of my computer screen and blocks my vision, making me pause or lose a stock. True story. It's a conspiracy I tell you.

Top Bottom