• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New North American Online Player Tier List

Peek~

Smash Lord
If your ego can't handle discussing this without flaming STAY OUT OF THE THREAD

This is the new NA online tier list. This thread will be updated as much as possible from the discussion created/done in this thread. Ive also added some ideas to the first post, please tell me what you think or if you have any other ideas.

Obviously everyone should try to be as unbiased as possible. For example, I will refrain from all discussion about where I am placed on the list. You guys will place me where ever you think I fit, I will have no say in my placement and will do my best not to comment at all when/if my placement is up for discussion. I highly suggest everyone does this.

If you dont want to be listed just simply tell us.

Old thread can be found here

Current List

SS Tier

malva00

S Tier

Boom
JaimeHR
Frogles

A Tier

The Star King
A$
Ecartman
Peek~
Nintendude
Sheermadness
th3kuzinator
Fireblaster
Firo

B Tier

Recent Tournaments/Events

SBR Rating Project Kickoff - Currently underway / Thread
SSBL - Currently underway / Thread
America! The Tourney (Take 2) - Currently underway / Thread
KoRo's 3000 Post Smash and Bash - Thread / Bracket
Indignation - Thread / Bracket
Green Malaise - Thread / Bracket

Inactive players(former position)

Sensei(S)

SOME THINGS BEING DISCUSSED/TO DISCUSS

Starting a B-tier
Changes to higher A-tier/S-tier?

Best ways to get on this list. imo
Join the discussion
Play regulars on this list and in this thread
Be active (smashboards, kaillera, tournaments)

That's pretty much it
Remember, LISTS

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
A$
The Star King
Nintendude
Firo
Fireblaster
SheerMadness

Ecartmans activity is again coming into question for me. But other then his placment this is how I'd rank the A-tier

And for those who think FireBlaster doesn't play, well lets just said he's been lurking :p

Peek~

Smash Lord
Well both Fire and Cart are the two im not too sure about when it comes to activity. I think I saw someone mention Cart last night on kaillera
Some recent videos of Novas show Nintendude still around.

I do support Star King in A. I also agree with Sheer being Low A possible Top B atm judging from some recent matches. The rest I am unsure about.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I played cart the other day (he was under an alt, of course, but he eventually admitted it was him).

My A-tier:
A$
Nintendude
Fireblaster
Ecartman
--
The Star King
Firo
Peek~

The Star King

Smash Hero
I can only really rank SheerMadness and Firo out of A tier, because I don't play the others much at all. That's the problem with ranking A tier, like half of the people in it rarely play.

And for those who think FireBlaster doesn't play, well lets just said he's been lurking :p
HMMMMM

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I support whatever you guys do to me in terms of tiers. I'm not too concerned about it.

Let it be known that my fox does still go evenish with pretty much everyone in A-tier though. Well that's how I see the matches going, maybe they see it differently. A lot of people struggle with lasers.

Peek's ness was taking it to my fox the other day. Harder than any other A tier I've played recently.

Peek~

Smash Lord
I can only really rank SheerMadness and Firo out of A tier, because I don't play the others much at all. That's the problem with ranking A tier, like half of the people in it rarely play.
Thats really the main problem most of us have. These guys just arent around enough or only play certain/specific times/people as well as playing under different names.

Perhaps making the inactive list also a not-active-enough also?

The Star King

Smash Hero
Peek's ness was taking it to my fox the other day. Harder than any other A tier I've played recently.
Yeah I think Peek belongs in A tier. I've only really played him with low tiers since I don't like facing low tiers with high tiers that much, but I'm sure he would do just fine.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Who wins more often in Peek vs Firo? I might wanna change them around or perhaps move them both into the same tier.

Other than that, A-tier looks fine.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
^^^I would say of recently, Peek has shown more results. Firo seems to have been inactive

The Star King

Smash Hero
Peek's Ness is definitely better IMO. But in terms of winning overall, IDK.

Firo isn't inactive Koro.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I do support a no ordered list.

I COULD think about trying to order them but I have not played like half of em recently.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I remember silentspectre as having really impressive skills, but I haven't played him since back in the day when I was lame.

B Link

Smash Lord
played these people:

A$ (year ago?)
Nintendude (never 1v1, only teams)
ECartman (recently)
SheerMadness (recently)
Fireblaster (year ago?)
The Star King (recently)
Firo (year ago?)

and would rank them as so, just from my own matches with them and nothing else:

A$
The Star King
Firo
Ecartman
Fireblaster
Sheermadness
Nintendude

And I'd put Peek below Firo, just from what I remember. Don't know if this is very useful cuz I haven't played some of them in a while.

For B-Tier...uhhh

MATTS!
Pulsar
Nova
YaB (NBK)
denken -V-
thegreginator
th3kuzinator
loto
sextc iXi
LULZ iXi

These are just people I've played recently >_> Some were teams as well.

DMoogle

A$
TBH I'm really surprised that I'm being rated so highly so consistently. You guys are going to put me in B tier once I start playing again in summer, since I'm going to be so rusty for the first few weeks. :p

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
Is Red not on this list because he mainly only uses Kirby? Other than that, there should be no other reason as to why he's not ranked extremely high in 1v1s...

Peek~

Smash Lord
TBH I'm really surprised that I'm being rated so highly so consistently. You guys are going to put me in B tier once I start playing again in summer, since I'm going to be so rusty for the first few weeks. :p
So you arent playing now? You can be our first inactive ;p

Is Red not on this list because he mainly only uses Kirby? Other than that, there should be no other reason as to why he's not ranked extremely high in 1v1s...
The current list was made by everyone. If enough people feel ___ is x tier material then they will be thrown into the discussion. Sometimes its hard to rank someone due to little activity or using many names on kaillera.
Bringing his name up, like you just did, is a good thing though as it leads to people commenting on their past encounters with that player and how well they did.

That being said I have never played him :3

SilentSlayers

Smash Journeyman
played these people:

A$ (year ago?)
Nintendude (never 1v1, only teams)
ECartman (recently)
SheerMadness (recently)
Fireblaster (year ago?)
The Star King (recently)
Firo (year ago?)

and would rank them as so, just from my own matches with them and nothing else:

A$
The Star King
Firo
Ecartman
Fireblaster
Sheermadness
Nintendude

And I'd put Peek below Firo, just from what I remember. Don't know if this is very useful cuz I haven't played some of them in a while.

For B-Tier...uhhh

MATTS!
Pulsar
Nova
YaB (NBK)
denken -V-
thegreginator
th3kuzinator
loto
sextc iXi
LULZ iXi

These are just people I've played recently >_> Some were teams as well.
We played recently too, and I won the majority of the games. I guess I have a mystical power that NO ONE remembers me at all.

The Star King

Smash Hero
For B-Tier...uhhh

MATTS!
Pulsar
Nova
YaB (NBK)
denken -V-
thegreginator
th3kuzinator
loto
sextc iXi
LULZ iXi
WTF I thought loto quit, I haven't seen him in ages.

I think dock is one of the best of B tier, if not the best. MATTS! said he didn't want to be on the tier list. Some other people missing: Legendary, Killer, Kabal, other people I'm probably forgetting. I don't think YaB is good enough for B tier lol

Kind of surprised people are putting Firo so high, I thought he was bottom of A tier (which is still quite good, mind you). ECartman is without a doubt better IMO.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
loto and kimmiaru (spelt wrong) are both pretty good players who seem to play 1 hour in the early AM (at least for me) every now and then.

Coming home from over night shifts I've seen them on the odd occasion

Battlecow

Play to Win
Hey, when did that happen anyways? He wasn't on the BR list.

I've played Red, he's OK but not a MATTS! quality kirby (lol). Maybe B-tier?

Peek~

Smash Lord
Ok guys, here is a rough list of an ordered A-tier based on everyones lists and posts. I also asked nova for his list since he cant post but still shows great interest in this.

A$
The Star King
Fireblaster
Ecartman
Firo
Nintendude
Peek~
Sheermadness

Thoughts?

Also does Sensei even play anymore? Most people are saying no

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
/going to try to put effort into this.

Havn't seen Sensei play for the past year now. I definitely think he can be considered inactive.

Firo should be low A, if A at all. IDK where everyone wants to put me, but I go even with firo nowadays. Peek still has me at 60-40 and I would personally put him higher than firo.

A$ used to destroy me last summer but I was a scrub back then and I don't know his current skill level because of rust. I don't think he should be #1 in A, but hes probably up there.

Ecartman was not that good when I played him, but I might have caught him on an off day as everyone says hes amazing.

Sheer is in the lower section of A

Fire is/was very good.

King star is very good. I don't think we've played much seriouslies lately but hes definitely high A from what I've seen.

Nintendude just tells me im a lagger and refuses to play me :3

Fireblaster
King Star
A$
Nintendude
Peek~
Ecartman
Sheer
Firo

ordered.

Agreed Dock is someone I would consider for A, largely underrated. I would put him higher than firo and around sheer/cart.

and lol @ peek slipping himself in there.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I remember playing ECartman once and he was okay but not that good, and then the next time we played he was amazing. So I guess he's kind of inconsistent. Same with Nintendude.

IDK about Dock for A tier. I do think he might be better than Firo though.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Cart's fox is weaksauce but like his doug and DK and other stuff are so cool.

I think he might've been Johnny Speel.

Firo's in A-tier for sure

I like that list pretty good, only one I'm eh about is Sheermadness.

A$'s just being modest with the rust stuff, let him get in his groove and he'll be back in the higher part of A in no time flat.

tacos

Smash Journeyman
A$
The Star King
Fireblaster
Ecartman
Firo
Nintendude
Peek~
Sheermadness
Fireblaster
King Star
A$
Nintendude
Peek~
Ecartman
Sheer
Firo
imo A$ is highly overrated, judging from the last games i played with him(Feb or so)
The only people I haven't played from A-tier is nintendude and fireblaster. Just placing them according to you guys
Don't think dock is A-tier material but High B-tier. He had some trouble with sheers fox

My list
Fireblaster/King Star - They need to play each other sometime. I can't tell whos #1 just yet.
Nintendude
Peek~
Ecartman
Firo
A$
Sheer

Top Bottom