• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New North American Online Player Tier List

The Star King

Smash Hero
Cart's fox is weaksauce but like his doug and DK and other stuff are so cool.

I think he might've been Johnny Speel.
You're weaksauce. And I'm pretty sure he's not.

Firo's in A-tier for sure.
Perhaps.

I like that list pretty good, only one I'm eh about is Sheermadness.
I think he belongs there (not because of his lame Fox though). He's better than Firo. (Although Firo's way cooler for using a lot of characters though and being a G)

Out of the people I've played:
ECartman
Nintendude?
Peek?
SheerMadness
Firo

Yeah not a very helpful list lol

Battlecow

Play to Win
Same ping, same pivvity-*** doug, same articulate, kind attitude.

Plus Cart luvz his alts, and Speel was obviously an alt.

And I'm not weaksauce. Beats me 3-2 in one Ladder set and he thinks he's hot stuff... geez.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Only because I was merciful enough not to whip out the Kirby. YAWN

Speel's Fox was way gayer.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Psssh you would have "whipped it out" (gaygaygaygaygay) if you'd thought it would do you good.

BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT the point is TIERS I agree Denken's at least top of B maybe A-ish.

B Link

Smash Lord
Heh, I'm just remembered by a few important people I guess.
lol calm down I made that list at 12:00am just to get some B-tier ideas flowing >_>.

I'm actually kind of hesitant to put you down now since you talked about yourself (which I feel is unnecessary if you're really that good.) But you were pretty good in the matches we've played so I probably should include you.

Here's a revised B-tier list, ordered with more thought put into it and some more people:

Kabal
Killer (lags like hell though)
SilentSlayer
thegreginator
Pulsar
Nova (lags most of the time we play)
snake (lagged the one time I played him)
Surri-Sama
denken
th3kuzinator (lags like hell though)
ybombb (lags most of the time we play)
gowa
loto
shablivion

(haven't played legendary or dock before)

I like Peek's A tier list but I would place Peek higher lol.

Battlecow

Play to Win
You can talk about yourself if you feel like you're being overlooked, as long as you're not a prick about it/can back it up. If SS is A-tier, let him say he's A-tier and then prove it.

FOR EXAMPLE I noticed you left ME off that stylin' B-tier list o'yourn! Que ridicule! I'm obviously superior to some of the d00ds on that list like Surri or Nova or Pulsar TO NAME A FEW. Get at me.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Johnny Speel is Tech_Edge/Zack as far as I know. Not that any of you know who that is anyway...

He's been playing for a long time (years) just nobody knows who he is cause he's been switching names consistently since like 06/07.

He'd be A Tier if he stuck with a nick long enough to rank him. So if you play some really good random player on an alt it's always the possibility it's him.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Kabal
SilentSlayer
thegreginator
Pulsar
Surri-Sama
denken
gowa
loto
shablivion
If this is ordered, highly disagree

SilentSlayers

Smash Journeyman
lol calm down I made that list at 12:00am just to get some B-tier ideas flowing >_>.

I'm actually kind of hesitant to put you down now since you talked about yourself (which I feel is unnecessary if you're really that good.) But you were pretty good in the matches we've played so I probably should include you.

Here's a revised B-tier list, ordered with more thought put into it and some more people:

Kabal
SilentSlayer
thegreginator
Pulsar
Surri-Sama
denken
gowa
loto
shablivion

(haven't played legendary or dock before)

I like Peek's A tier list but I would place Peek higher lol.
Me being sad that no one mentions me isn't that bad of a thing... this:

"I'm actually kind of hesitant to put you down now since you talked about yourself (which I feel is unnecessary if you're really that good.)"

felt ****ish to me, but whatever...

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I'm actually kind of hesitant to put you down now since you talked about yourself (which I feel is unnecessary if you're really that good.) .
This is easily no where close to the case.

When was the last time i lost to dock in 1vs1...hmmm...same with NOVA lol.

Seriously though some people are overrated while others are under rated. if you suggest you're better then people think you are...and you can actually play to the level you're saying i dont think there is anything wrong with people trying to legitimately prove they are better then most people think.

malva00

Smash Master
Johnny Speel is not ECartman OR Tech_Edge/Zack lol

uh oh i better not say anymore, or else once you say the right name, and I don't say anything, you can go "see Johnny Speel must be X, cuz malva didn't deny it"

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Johnny Speel is not ECartman OR Tech_Edge/Zack lol

uh oh i better not say anymore, or else once you say the right name, and I don't say anything, you can go "see Johnny Speel must be X, cuz malva didn't deny it"
I never played Johnny Speel I don't think. It was just a guess since I remember him and James Franco (Tech_Edge/Zack) having the same ping.

Random west coast A Tier skill level players could be any of:

Darth Fox
Tech Edge/Zack/James Franco
s2j
John/Johnny
Tigerbombz

Who knows and who cares. None of them come on with a regular name so they wouldn't be included in this list anyway (if they even play anymore).

EDIT: Nintendude, Sensei, and Fireblaster should also be put on the inactive list.

B Link

Smash Lord
th3kuzinator said:
If this is ordered, highly disagree
Of course anyone would disagree with any list. It's highly subjective since it's MY list based on people I've played with only and not taking into consideration random matches that I can't keep track of. So, I have to ask why do you disagree and with which parts?

SilentSlayers said:
Me being sad that no one mentions me isn't that bad of a thing... this:

"I'm actually kind of hesitant to put you down now since you talked about yourself (which I feel is unnecessary if you're really that good.)"

felt ****ish to me, but whatever...
It's not a "bad of a thing" indeed. Everyone feels bad if they don't get recognized.

To explain why I was hesitant:

"We played recently too, and I won the majority of the games. I guess I have a mystical power that NO ONE remembers me at all. "

You say "NO ONE remembers me at all" which sounds like you're just trying to get attention. None of the A tier players say anything and they get put on the list simply by references from other players. I don't think that's a coincidence lol. If you're a good player you'll be put on even if you don't say anything.

I'm not trying to be mean I just feel like you should prove yourself through playing people and not posting "I should be mentioned!" since a lot of players do that here on smashboards and it doesn't help their case >_>

Again, you beat my luigi a lot in the matches we played which was a while ago so I can't deny you're pretty good, that's why I put you on my new list >_>

Battlecow said:
You can talk about yourself if you feel like you're being overlooked, as long as you're not a prick about it/can back it up. If SS is A-tier, let him say he's A-tier and then prove it.

FOR EXAMPLE I noticed you left ME off that stylin' B-tier list o'yourn! Que ridicule! I'm obviously superior to some of the d00ds on that list like Surri or Nova or Pulsar TO NAME A FEW. Get at me.
1. Haven't played you yet, sorry =( So I can't put you on MY list yet...but I saw results with you in veryyy close matches to Star King which is definitely really good >_>
2. I think people should "prove it then say it" not the other way around lol.

sharksquail said:
I'm not sure that Nova is B tier, and if he is it would be at the bottom.
I've played nova ALOT recently and he's definitely not bottom b-tier with some of the other guys in my list. The only reason I may not put him as high is because in most (actually all) matches I've played with him, he lagged. That's probably a really good reason but he definitely is an above average player and better than a lot of people on galaxy and that's representative of top B tier (i think).

Surri-Sama said:
This is easily no where close to the case.

When was the last time i lost to dock in 1vs1...hmmm...same with NOVA lol.

Seriously though some people are overrated while others are under rated. if you suggest you're better then people think you are...and you can actually play to the level you're saying i dont think there is anything wrong with people trying to legitimately prove they are better then most people think.
It doesn't matter who you specifically played and whether or not you ever lost to them lol. This list is just based on people's matches against ME. It doesn't take into consideration these unknown factors I can't factor in obviously.

In regards to the second part of your post, I would say most people have a tendency to OVERRATE themselves. I rarely see people being 'under-rated' when they are genuinely very good. An exception might be Zenyore but he's been inactive.

If you want to prove you're good play some of the S/A tier people consistently on p2p with low frame delay.
Sooner or later you WILL get noticed and its probably the most honest way too.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
It doesn't matter who you specifically played and whether or not you ever lost to them lol. This list is just based on people's matches against ME. It doesn't take into consideration these unknown factors I can't factor in obviously.
Yes, but in general I'd find it hard to rate someone who cannot consistently beat the people (most of them if not all) you're rating them higher than. Tourney info helps this but you're right it is a hard thing to manage.

In regards to the second part of your post, I would say most people have a tendency to OVERRATE themselves. I rarely see people being 'under-rated' when they are genuinely very good. An exception might be Zenyore but he's been inactive.
Most, maybe...but thats why you just have to notice theres a difference between bragging senselessly and saying you think your rating by the general public is lower then you feel it should be... specifically in a thread basically designed for people to do so xD

Side note would aso be that Zenyore is not underrated people just realized he doesn't play any more. When we first started the other tier list he was way up on many peoples lists.

If you want to prove you're good play some of the S/A tier people consistently on p2p with low frame delay.
Sooner or later you WILL get noticed and its probably the most honest way too.
I dont think this really works TBH...at least not as well as you may think.

Shablivion

Smash Cadet
Johnny Speel is Tech_Edge/Zack as far as I know. Not that any of you know who that is anyway...

He's been playing for a long time (years) just nobody knows who he is cause he's been switching names consistently since like 06/07.

He'd be A Tier if he stuck with a nick long enough to rank him. So if you play some really good random player on an alt it's always the possibility it's him.

johnny speel was superboomfan and i know who tech edge is it was'nt him also theres someone called duddits i suppect him to be tech edge or james franco if not i have no idea

SilentSlayers

Smash Journeyman
Well, I have played a lot for 2 years, and I only get stomped by boom or JaimeHR or Malva and a few others. Everyone below that, I either BARELY, BARELY lose to or tie, or beat. Talking about good players of course. For instance, Kabal can't take my yoshi, and he's rated very high. So yeah, you'd think I'd be SOMEWHERE on a tier-list, no matter how low. So I think there's more to it than just playing some people. Maybe I just don't play the people who actually post or something. Whatever. I guess I'm just seeking attention that I don't deserve.

PS: I didn't just play your Luigi or anything... I recall you played a variety of characters.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Battlecow may have had close matches with me, but I just feel like I'm bad vs. his style. I don't mean to john, but that's just what my gut says.

People need to remember that certain styles do better against others. Another example is the_greginator. I can tell he's good, but I completely **** up his style.

And I don't think Battlecow would do very well against my Kirby lol. That's just talk for now, though. I don't want to be like the 64 Mango or anything.

@SilentSlayers I NEVER seen you on, although I did play you back in the day. IDK why, but that's just how it is.

@getting reconized discussion - I remember a lot of people didn't know who I was/how good I was at the start of the old thread, so I went and played a bunch of posters/stopped using alts as much lol, and I was eventually talked about. So you can definitely do it.

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
Yeah certain styles just **** me up. I played with Peek a few weeks ago and had an edge but I still think he's better than me. I think I should be near the top of B. I haven't played Silent Slayers recently but from what I remember he wasn't incredibly difficult to beat.

I also beat malva's 4 frame Falcon with my 4 frame Falcon on Hyrule if that counts for anything lol.

SilentSlayers

Smash Journeyman
Yeah certain styles just **** me up. I played with Peek a few weeks ago and had an edge but I still think he's better than me. I think I should be near the top of B. I haven't played Silent Slayers recently but from what I remember he wasn't incredibly difficult to beat.

I also beat malva's 4 frame Falcon with my 4 frame Falcon on Hyrule if that counts for anything lol.
Yes, I never said I was incredibly difficult to beat. Good falcon players, heck, sometimes even decent ones are good against me, it's one of my weaknesses. You seem to play falcon 99% of the time, and you're an above-average player. But I do very well against a variety of players. Like for example, although you might win more games than I win against you, I can beat some other players more than they beat me. I remember going even with ECartmen a little while back, (I have only gotten better since then).

Most of my games lately came from SuperBoomFan, so I've gotten better. I still am a bit rusty from my mini-breaks though, I'll try and get some more games in when I can to get me back in shape. Maybe I can try and get some games with StarKing or something.

SilentSlayers

Smash Journeyman
Battlecow may have had close matches with me, but I just feel like I'm bad vs. his style. I don't mean to john, but that's just what my gut says.

People need to remember that certain styles do better against others. Another example is the_greginator. I can tell he's good, but I completely **** up his style.

And I don't think Battlecow would do very well against my Kirby lol. That's just talk for now, though. I don't want to be like the 64 Mango or anything.

@SilentSlayers I NEVER seen you on, although I did play you back in the day. IDK why, but that's just how it is.

@getting reconized discussion - I remember a lot of people didn't know who I was/how good I was at the start of the old thread, so I went and played a bunch of posters/stopped using alts as much lol, and I was eventually talked about. So you can definitely do it.
Oh, and by the way, we did do teams recently. I think it was me and you and unknown and surri? Or was it kuz? I don't remember. But yeah, we haven't 1v1ed.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I beat greginator's Falcon too, though. Clearly, this calls for a showdown between Star King and ballin4life for champion of the universe.

SilentSlayers

Smash Journeyman
JaimeHR taught me a lesson in pain with his samus against my Yoshi on Hyrule.

He 2 stocked me a bunch of times, then near the end he was 1 stocking me. Not sure how most people do against him, but I thought I'd share some actual results.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
When I was still playing mainly Yoshi (10+ months ago) I would beat his Samus and Fox a majority of the time. His Mario and Falcon had the majority on my Yoshi. But he'd play Samus and Fox a lot more cause he's always like the matchups he struggles with the most vs me. He just likes challenging matchups I guess.

Just letting Silent Slayers use that as a comparison. Obviously my Yoshi match ups don't really factor into this tier list since I've been mainly all Fox the past year or so.

Peek~

Smash Lord
Version B. Based on lists and posts. Lost Nova's list(lol virus wiping my desktop), I know for sure he had Star at the top and didnt rank Sheer.
Star and A$ seem to be the 2 on top of most peoples list.

The Star King
A$
Fireblaster
Nintendude
Firo
Ecartman
Peek~
Sheermadness

Sensei moved to inactive.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yo SS if you wanna get recognized, join tourneys

Right now I hear about your skillz from you, and I don't doubt you, but you don't have any A-tier guys going "yeah, he beat the pants off of me," so you might have won in random matches/against people who were high/whatever. Not that I doubt your skillz, but since you've never been on the boards really or joined tourneys, a high ladder ranking or good placings in major online tourneys are your best bets for recognition, simply because the list is based off of a situation where everyone's using their best characters and playing fr srs.

SilentSlayers

Smash Journeyman
When I was still playing mainly Yoshi (10+ months ago) I would beat his Samus and Fox a majority of the time. His Mario and Falcon had the majority on my Yoshi. But he'd play Samus and Fox a lot more cause he's always like the matchups he struggles with the most vs me. He just likes challenging matchups I guess.

Just letting Silent Slayers use that as a comparison. Obviously my Yoshi match ups don't really factor into this tier list since I've been mainly all Fox the past year or so.
I guess barely losing to one of the best online Samus' is nothing special then... XD

Peek~

Smash Lord
I didn't know ECartman was so underrated o_O
My guess is that most havent played him in a long time and are just randomly ranking. Stupid alts.

The only ones truly around from A tier are Star, A$, Peek, Firo, and Sheer.
If it were up to me Id move all 3 to inactive till they start playing normally under their names(or least one KNOWN alt), but I cant do that. Its up to all of us

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Didn't mean anything negative by it.

Not sure how most people do against him, but I thought I'd share some actual results.
That just made it sound like you wanted comparisons. So i gave you one.

I don't know how I'd rank A Tier. I haven't played Fireblaster or Nintendude in a long time, not since I've mained Fox anyway. They're on my inactive list cause I never see them anymore. And I've only played A$ and Peek like once in the past couple months.

Star King and Cartman I play the most. Firo I used to play a lot more but it seems like he's been lagging a bit lately.

Peek~

Smash Lord
And I don't think Nintendude plays anymore
He played recently against Nova. 2 matches are on his youtube.
I'm assuming it was one of those once-in-a-couple-of-months meetings though

We should figure something for the inactive list. Perhaps a voting system?

The Star King

Smash Hero
Cartman was probably the best player I've recently played aside from Boom, and I haven't played him (Cartman) in months

And I don't think Nintendude plays anymore
Thank you. He's definitely the best out of the people I've played in A tier (not considering myself).

Top Bottom