• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New North American Online Player Tier List

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Sheer why did you stop maining yoshi, anyway?

People may have asked you, but I've never seen you respond to it.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Cartman may very well being amazing, I probably just caught him on an off day. I want to play him again.

Peek~

Smash Lord
Updated first post a bit. Nothing major

Still looking for an idea for this
We should figure something for the inactive list. Perhaps a voting system?
Though I just thought of something. Perhaps NOT listing people you think are inactive

Thank you. He's definitely the best out of the people I've played in A tier (not considering myself).
Ill admit he's probably the most technical on A

DMoogle

A$
I didn't know ECartman was so underrated o_O
I agree. The last time I played him, his DK was going almost even with my Pika on Dreamland (so he's probably better than me). Man, those matches were SO much fun.
My guess is that most havent played him in a long time and are just randomly ranking. Stupid alts.

The only ones truly around from A tier are Star, A$, Peek, Firo, and Sheer.
If it were up to me Id move all 3 to inactive till they start playing normally under their names(or least one KNOWN alt), but I cant do that. Its up to all of us
I don't think you can say I'm all that active. Even though I'm on these forums every day, the last time I regularly played was during the 3 or 4 weeks I had off for Winter break, and before that was last Summer.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
He played recently against Nova. 2 matches are on his youtube.
I'm assuming it was one of those once-in-a-couple-of-months meetings though

We should figure something for the inactive list. Perhaps a voting system?
I haven't played much in the past few months because quite honestly, I've had almost no free time. Nova IMs me a lot asking to play, so I agreed a couple times. He should have told me he was recording though, just out of courtesy. I had no idea I was being recorded.

edit: Apparently out of the ~15 matches we played he uploaded only the ones where he wins. Typical.

Peek~

Smash Lord
edit: Apparently out of the ~15 matches we played he uploaded only the ones where he wins. Typical.
Yeah dont worry about it. Most of us know whats going on there

I don't think you can say I'm all that active. Even though I'm on these forums every day, the last time I regularly played was during the 3 or 4 weeks I had off for Winter break, and before that was last Summer.
I dont know what to do with you

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
So you arent playing now? You can be our first inactive ;p

The current list was made by everyone. If enough people feel ___ is x tier material then they will be thrown into the discussion. Sometimes its hard to rank someone due to little activity or using many names on kaillera.
Bringing his name up, like you just did, is a good thing though as it leads to people commenting on their past encounters with that player and how well they did.

That being said I have never played him :3
Oh right, you'd know him as Dedrick lol from years ago. He's been on under Merrit then changed to Red. Remember that 64 person tourney I held in which Johnny beat him by one match years ago?

Also, what about Johnny?! lmfao

The Star King

Smash Hero

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Someone should make a livestream and let all the active A Tier candidates play each other. That would be fun.

Peek~

Smash Lord
Version C will go on the first post(obviously still rough) depending on how many new/redone lists are posted.

So far no lists have been posted.
Version B for the lazy

The Star King
A$
Fireblaster
Nintendude
Firo
Ecartman
Peek~
Sheermadness

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I like the A teir list, but something i also notice about the A teir list is that hardly any of them lag, and i was starting to think that perhaps people should be ranked also on if they lag or not.

i know, it's bias, but noone likes to play a lagger, ask me, i lag because vista loves memory leaking.

another thing i would like to add is that i believe that we should really shorten down the B teir list to a minimum; there's alot of B teir players nowadays, but we can't just cram them all in together.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Well, there's a lot of people on the B tier level IMO. We can't just exclude them because we feel like there's too much people there or something.

Peek~

Smash Lord
I like the A teir list, but something i also notice about the A teir list is that hardly any of them lag, and i was starting to think that perhaps people should be ranked also on if they lag or not.

i know, it's bias, but noone likes to play a lagger, ask me, i lag because vista loves memory leaking.

another thing i would like to add is that i believe that we should really shorten down the B teir list to a minimum; there's alot of B teir players nowadays, but we can't just cram them all in together.
Well I am a believer in the whole, lagging with some people-not lagging with others. But it will come to lists mainly.

As for the B tier, I was thinking something similar to this
deff thinking high B/middle B/lower B is the way to go though.
Im pretty sure there are some players who will standout in the B section.

We can start B tier discussion now if you guys are ok with Version B of A-tier. You can still give lists/thoughts on A

Battlecow

Play to Win
A seems fine. It's not ridiculous, and everyone's gonna have a different idea of how it should go from there; as much consensus as can be reached has been reached IMO.

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
James Franco/Zack/Tech_Edge should be near the top of A. I don't really see a good reason to exclude him.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Well my opinion about the B-tier from the last list was it did kinda sum up to many people.

The difference in play from the top to the bottom was pretty drastic.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Haven't played Frames Janco recently. But I'd guess he's probably A Tier.

Star King is probably top of A Tier right now.

If were doing and ordered A Tier.

Battlecow

Play to Win
... Or leave him off because he legitly doesn't care to be competitive and that's cool but not conducive to competitive rankings?

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I bet you have played him, thats why probably shouldn't be in the tier list haha...no one really knows when they play him, so not a lot of people have a true opinion about him (or most dont ;) )

I can keep up with most of his chars, Falcons really nice though. He likes to mess with kirby...and i never seen his matches with malva.

Peek~

Smash Lord
Someone should do a 12 char battle with me.

I've already been CHALLENGED by Peek.
We need to set up a time. Get with contacts or get Frog to summon me

On Topic:
Added Version B to the first post. B Tier also added and up for discussion now

The Star King

Smash Hero
Why can't we just AGREE on a time through PMs? Not sure what you meant by "get with contacts", kind of weirdly worded.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Debatable. Depending on whether you count people's secondary characters or not.

I think Fox has a high change of being most represented.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
o_o

King star has spoken.

Now I feel like I need to play him again because I remember being better than him in matches we played recently.

Top Bottom