• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New North American Online Player Tier List

Zenyore

Banned via Warnings
I'll Win isn't Star King. At least I don't think so.

Speaking of the devil, I finally played a couple friendlies with SK. Close matches for the most part. Kid admitted I was by far the best of the A tier and the true GALAXY CHAMP. As expected.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Thought I would just go into depth about my A tier list:

Killer: Very technical player with all of his characters. One of the only few kirbies I see pivot uptilt. Many people have labeled him as a camper but from what I have seen he can be very aggressive when he wants to. His spacing and move selection is really what puts him at top of A tier in my book, always seems to pick the best options. Good at comboing and really mixes it up, hard to predict. Insane DI even for a KB player.

Star King: Excellent combos, creative and probably the best comboing yoshi around. Good tech skill. When you play him it seems like you are under constant pressure. His one weakness I would say is he has patterns in the way he approaches which you can exploit.

bane: Very patient player. Will always wait for his opponent to make the first move. Good with a variety of characters. Seems to understand the metagame very well. Has trouble with certain matchups.

tacos: Tacos is also very technical player. Good with most characters. Seems to understand hitboxes and hitstun of certain moves very well and because of that he can pull off flashy combos. One weakness I have noticed is that he may get impatient against defensive players and fall for basic strategies but still very good. Used to be my skill level and has just improved tremendously.

wotg: Aggressive player with good tech skill. Knows the game very well. Have only seen his low tiers really. He gets impatient sometimes it seems. Doesn't have the greatest combos but he gets the job done.

Dext3r: Another aggresive player with a straight forward style. Good at approaching but like wotg he will sometimes get impatient when playing a defensive player. His game is simple yet efficient.

Zenyore: One of the flashiest combo'ers I have ever played. Usually goes for the fancy combo which can hurt him in some situations but can play straight forward if he has to. Good at adapting to different styles during a match. Good tech skill but can get predictable he is also kind of rusty.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Thanks gav. My biggest problem is my patience. I'm just an impatient person altogether. But I usually try to play smart, attack when I see an opening. When it comes to combos, I NEVER practice combos, I just try to use my smash sense and apply to what I think whatever works giving the situation.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
^I'd actually say you are 3rd on that list in terms of most patient behind killer and bane.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Maybe you should've waited a bit longer when I DESTROYED you at that tourney (no johns always play like a champion)

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
Hey I am a talkative guy, what did i do to be described in such a way. :ohwell:

I use a n64 controller btw.

--

(Sorry if im giving off the douche aura to some of you, But if you dont say anything more than GG I just wont talk back. It has nothing to do with being salty. Good day)
Hey man,
Just seeing all this cause i never check this thread.
I can't even remember what you were doing at this point, but I had never heard of you or seen you on the boards, but you seem cool now that I've seen you post around here a bit.

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
bump, so im starting to play online again more and im just wondering who people think is good now since im a nerd and like talking about this stuff

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Gav you keep digging this thread up... (gav dots)

But since you care, it would look something like Apex.

Boom and Isai still S tier.

Jaime A+ tier (the only people he ever loses to in online tourneys is Boom/Isai). Maybe Frog/Bane too. Though Bane lost to SK the only online tourney he's done.

Killer/Dexter/Mariguas/etc etc

SK in A tier when he's active. Wizzy probably in A tier even though he doesn't really enter online tourneys. A$ when he's active. I don't feel like going any further, but there are a lot more potential A tier players.

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Hmm I need to play wizzrobe and mariguas, never played either of them. Just some people I think are B tier from playing them: villainy, kimimaru, loto, shade, Asylum

¨°PÞ-§°¨ Bane

Smash Apprentice
^ though to be fair i lost to SK like 8 months ago and i've improved considerably since then (hopefully matches against isai can attest to this)

btw sheer, i'm now officially a fan after watching your ruoka fox comeback :)

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
It's my PC giving me issues more than anything else. I have a sweet alien ware that I impluse purchased like 2 years ago and can't get it to run pjk64 smoothy cause I don't know what I'm doing. I don't even play PC games. It's being wasted on me. Should prob sell it and get a cheaper PC.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
yo JJ if you need some help setting it up well and everything just HOLLER on skype, it can get fixed well much faster than you think brother

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Bad tier (for players who's attitudes are just as bad as their gameplay):

Lost: loses 3 matches in a row then wins 1 and brags
Omnus iXi: same as Lost
LD: has an excuse every time he loses, thinks isai and boomfan are his only competion (delusional)
B link: plays 1 game then runs off, claims he owns me when the fact is my record against him is 30-5

Last edited:

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
He doesn't rage, he just literally plays 1 match, says PWNED then leaves. All while ignoring the fact that I can count on 1 hand the number of times hes ever beaten me. I've never lost a set to him, competitive or friendlies, and we have played a few competitive ladder sets.

B Link

Smash Lord
I'm just getting trolled but w.e. I'm bored

You've lost an online SET to me b4: http://smashboards.com/threads/galaxy-64-ladder.276006/page-3

Also, those ladder matches you beat me in, you lagged baddd (which is good cuz my samus 3 stocking your kirby in that set doesn't mean much then!) -- but they're online matches anyway so I don't care. They're also from 2010 which is FOUR YEARS AGO -- I used a keyboard back then lol

Finally, I only do the 1 match thing, where I beat someone 1 match with my best char and leave, when they annoy me. For example, people who keep track of how many online friendlies they win. I play tons of matches without leaving if you're cool and don't lag/try to troll me

EggSelent

Smash Apprentice
I've played a few sessions vs. B Link, and they were all among the most pleasant online sessions i can remember. They were free from cheap tactics, excuses, rage quits, etc. If I remember correctly we ended up chatting a bit through p64k too. I'm not sure what you could've done to have had such a bad experience playing against him.

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I'm just getting trolled but w.e. I'm bored

You've lost an online SET to me b4: http://smashboards.com/threads/galaxy-64-ladder.276006/page-3

Also, those ladder matches you beat me in, you lagged baddd (which is good cuz my samus 3 stocking your kirby in that set doesn't mean much then!) -- but they're online matches anyway so I don't care. They're also from 2010 which is FOUR YEARS AGO -- I used a keyboard back then lol

Finally, I only do the 1 match thing, where I beat someone 1 match with my best char and leave, when they annoy me. For example, people who keep track of how many online friendlies they win. I play tons of matches without leaving if you're cool and don't lag/try to troll me
wat a loser, how about UR kirby getting 4 stocked by my yoshi. ur awful. also if it was laggin that bad u coulda quit, it was ur lag, idiot. lol june 2010 last time u beat me, the allisbrawl ladder was in 2011 jackass and i won both sets. ur so bad its funny. go play pong or something.

Last edited:

B Link

Smash Lord
wat a loser, how about UR kirby getting 4 stocked by my yoshi. ur awful. also if it was laggin that bad u coulda quit, it was ur lag, idiot. lol june 2010 last time u beat me, the allisbrawl ladder was in 2011 ******* and i won both sets. ur so bad its funny. go play pong or something.
[IDK if I should go on superr counter-troll mode, let's go medium]

Well gav, good job for beating me in ancient matches. However I SLAUGHTERED you in the year 2014 with teh great MATTZ! watching, so GG (no RE, as the great tigerbombz once said). Your last memory of playing me will always be my pikachu gimping your ass lol

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
[IDK if I should go on superr counter-troll mode, let's go medium]

Well gav, good job for beating me in ancient matches. However I SLAUGHTERED you in the year 2014 with teh great MATTZ! watching, so GG (no RE, as the great tigerbombz once said). Your last memory of playing me will always be my pikachu gimping your *** lol
yea 2 stock slaughter, ur a clown. i dont lose sleep over smash matches. this game means more to u than i can imagine, so ill just leave ur lame ass alone.

Top Bottom