• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone, I saw that Johnnylaw posted that Play N Trade in Farmington is having a tournament on March 18th. I'm here to give you the full details. The tournament begins at 1:00pm. It's only a $5 entry fee. Matches are best 2/3, double elimination. Selectable stages will follow MLG rules. The prizes are as follows:

First Place: $100 Gift Card to Play N Trade, Bragging Rights
Second Place: $50 Gift Card
Third Place: $25 Gift Card

Feel free to call the store if you have any other questions. 505-327-9276. I hope to see you all there.

C-J

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, just wanted to stop by and say hi

I got some friends down here in los lunas that to play smash. They are really dedicated to getting better, pretty fun stuff

Seeya guys

Hmmm, a tournament in Farmington...Hmmm...I just might go. Maybe...depending on what day that is and around what time period. We'll see.

Just to let you all know, in case you didn't know already, I'm about to go MOSTLY inactive. I don't spend much time on here, so don't expect to see me posting very often.

Erich out.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
Ill be there along with jared and a few other durango smashers. plus you can buy stuff from there store and sell it on EBAY if you don't want it no big deal.

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
We had over 70 people show up for the last Smash tourney we did. If you want some good competition it will be there, but if you only play Smash for cash money, then that's your prerogative I guess.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Well, I would go if I could drive, but I can't.

I don't know... bleh. What day is it again? March 18th.

Arrrrgh. I guess. I'll talk to my crew and see what they think.

EDIT: By the way, New Mexico. Two things.

1. GET THE FREAKING GSC! Come on, guys. I'm the only one on there. New Mexico looks lonely.

2. We should organize biweeklies or triweeklies. I think not only will that be great fun but increase our smashing ability exponentially and strengthen our state.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Lol, too bad when you tell other people they never will come true.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Eh?

Mmm, I think it will come true. I'm feelin' confident about this tournament. On the otherside of the fortune cookie it teaches you how to say a phrase in Chinese. Well, my phrase was "To Have a Fever." The next day I got sick.

Anyways, seriously. Let's talk about getting at least a monthlie Smashfest up and running. Not only would it be tons of fun but it would increase everyone's skill exponentially. I'm sure of it.

EDIT: The activity of NM disappoints me.

C-J

Smash Cadet
So uh, New Mexico. You guys ready for this tournament. I'm bringing.... at least five new people. At most eight.

I'm bringing a TV and a GCN w/ smash.
Kash. MM 10 bucks man.
Steven. MM 10 bucks. I haven't played you in a while.

Other people too, let's role. What is it.. 11 more days???

Yep, it's pretty close. Who else is bringing a T.V. and GCN? That's a least 3 more than what he had, which is a good number, but are there people like Steven who are bringing supplies as well? And many thanks to those who are already bringing supplies.

I like the idea of having it at the apartment place again, it's a nice little place. IF that doesn't work, however, we can always TRY to get the TRCC. I'd prefer C-J's little place though, and we could bring a few extra friends too. Looks like you all have convinced quite a few new people to come to the tournament as well, that's good too. I don't know if we should have all those people at the monthlies, but at the tournament, that's freakin' awesome!! Great, thanks for helping me advertise you guys.

Like C-J said, there's only 11 more days, which is TOO LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!!!!!!..........

Oh yea, this tournament's only for NM'ers too, like I mentioned earlier, so if we wanna get some more accurate power-rankings up, this would be the place to do it at. Talk to you all later.

Did you go to the tournament in Farmington Duha? If you did, I expect you guys took it, or at least came close, yes? Yea, I'm looking forward to the next time I get to play you as well man. Those were some INTENSE matches, way exciting.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
Ya i got first nin9 got second and CJ got third I really wanted you to come we have the most intense matches. Although me and nin9s 4th match was a nail biter. we might be going to the arizona comming up and

also we have bi weekleys i think cj and kash wanted to try and come down and play more you are more then welcome along with any nm smasher. We like to have more people it is about 10 of us that play on saturdays, and then 4 of us play almost everyday too.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Good, news I may be able to go to this. Bad news, I forgot how to play with cf, so I am not playing him for a bit. I may or may not play him at tourney.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
So uh, New Mexico. You guys ready for this tournament. I'm bringing.... at least five new people. At most eight.

I'm bringing a TV and a GCN w/ smash.
Kash. MM 10 bucks man.
Steven. MM 10 bucks. I haven't played you in a while.

Other people too, let's role. What is it.. 11 more days???
Ey CJ. Sorry I couldn't come to the Farmington tourney, but I most definitely accept your challenge.

That's a cool invitation Duha. Maybe sometime when we're free we can head down there and hang out with you guys. Sometime. Thanks for the offer though, we'll keep it in mind. Over the summer, you guys might be seeing more of us too.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
hope to see u all there. does anybody no how many people are planning on coming? id like to no
see u all there.......ps anybody wanna money match

Pice

Smash Apprentice
just to let everyone no, taylor ranch is under new manegment and should go much more smoothley then previous tournys there, hope to get a good turnout its a shame to see a good smashfest go to waste

Pice

Smash Apprentice
ya y nobody told u? its at the taylor ranch community center and registraion starts at 9. pm me if u have any more questions

allboutpeach

Smash Ace
Oh yea, this tournament's only for NM'ers too, like I mentioned earlier, so if we wanna get some more accurate power-rankings up, this would be the place to do it at. Talk to you all later.
Did you go to the tournament in Farmington Duha? If you did, I expect you guys took it, or at least came close, yes? Yea, I'm looking forward to the next time I get to play you as well man. Those were some INTENSE matches, way exciting.[/QUOTE]

just to clarify, this is not just for NM'ers, i have no idea where Erich got this from, because he is in no way running this tourney. So if anyone would like to come from out of state, all are welcome, and as u knwo it will be at the Taylor Ranch Community Center like the others have been before

lol sry don't know how to quote that well :-)

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Who's all going to T5?

It should be "teh sex" and a lot of fun and we want NMer's to go for sure!

C-J

Smash Cadet
Hey guys. Can't have the smashfest at the club house (where we had the last one). My sister has to be there since she lives here, and she stopped playing smash. Sorry guys...

Eh? OOS'ers can come??? All right. Now that you mention it ABP, I don't know where I got that from either...Yea Rasta Imposta, there's a tourney here on the 31st. It's at the Taylor Ranch Community Center, and be there by 9:00 in the morning. If you guys come, can you bring some T.V's please? Plus GCN's to go along with them, of course. Making thread about tourney, I guess, since OOS'ers can come. Here we go.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
RAWR! Ripping new ones is what Kashakunakis do best... not really, but I can dream.

Chris, I will accept your MM. If I win, then we're even. If I lose... well, I'll go into further debt with you as I most likely lack the money to pay you back.

Top Bottom