• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Lol, what are you talking about? The mods have no sense of humor. Haha.

So Erich, you won't even MM lil ol' me?

Also, I noticed Chris said that the hotel thingy place won't work again... so what are we going to do about monthlies? Will we have to resort to Taylor Ranch?

Pice

Smash Apprentice
why does it sound like a bad thing taylor ranch is good ul see at the tourny

We could use Taylor Ranch, yea. We'll just have to plan our time out and be gone by 3:00. It could work, PLUS it's free. If we find somewhere else, we can use it sometime as well, but for now, let's use what I called a backup plan, TRCC. That cool with everyone? It's not even a tournament, just for fun, why not?

Correction; Mods have senses of humor, it's just a really BAD sense of humor.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Correction; Mods have senses of humor, it's just a really BAD sense of humor.
Rofl. Too true and funny.

Well, if it is free, that's great and it is good to hear TRCC is under new management. This is my one issue with using it. The time. Not necessarily the constraint, but if we wanted to do it we would have to get up super early and get down there and only be able to stay 'til 3pm. I guess that would free up the rest of the day for other plans, but I guess it is just me. I don't really like to wake up early to go Smash. Makes it seem like work, lol. But that is a minor personal preference. TRCC does seem like our best bet, so after this tournament let's work that out.

Why couldn't you post before now, Pice?

Pice

Smash Apprentice
Rofl. Too true and funny.

Well, if it is free, that's great and it is good to hear TRCC is under new management. This is my one issue with using it. The time. Not necessarily the constraint, but if we wanted to do it we would have to get up super early and get down there and only be able to stay 'til 3pm. I guess that would free up the rest of the day for other plans, but I guess it is just me. I don't really like to wake up early to go Smash. Makes it seem like work, lol. But that is a minor personal preference. TRCC does seem like our best bet, so after this tournament let's work that out.

Why couldn't you post before now, Pice?
Just got high speed....Thank God....ya its unfouryunate they still close at three though, but its the best we can do

Pice

Smash Apprentice
btw, i made a new thread about nm power rankings ......it suggests a new sytem check it out...its called nm power ranking system

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
This tournament is gonna be sweet.

And is it just me, or have signatures stopped working?
No you just check the box that says "show signature"

and what the heck is up with the activity in nm, your supposed to be dead.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Oh... lol. That's what I get for using fast replys. Thanks, Everett. Thanks to Pice!!! *glares at Everett* and other NMers we got some activity again. Not our fault you don't care, Sinz.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
Oh... lol. That's what I get for using fast replys. Thanks, Everett. Thanks to Pice!!! *glares at Everett* and other NMers we got some activity again. Not our fault you don't care, Sinz.
lol i will single handedly bring new mexico out of the dark ages of gaming....lol

Wow guys, that tournament was pretty small, but it was fun. Now let's keep it that organized, only have 3 times that number of people. Remember the smashfest on April 14 now, let's plan that out. Where can we have it at, if TRCC is booked for rooms on that day?

Pice

Smash Apprentice
its booked until july 7 and there will be another tourny ther... and thank u i feel i did a much better job then the previous host did and there were still some things that went wrong (no one showed up) but it was really fun, sry to u las cruzes people for coming out for such a small tourny but thks for coming anyway

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
TRCC Tourney

That tourney was amazing.

Anyways, I was one of the new first-time tourney goers at TRCC. If you saw a guy tagged "neil" (that's my name) and a falco player ...that's me.

I just want to say thank you all for that magnificent experience, and glad to meet you all, Erich, Sinz, Pice, Amir, and anyone else I forgot or haven't properly been introduced to. I'm sorry :cry: !

Fill me in on ANY details bout ANY monthlies or bi/tri-weeklies.

sorry for still being considered a n00b.

Sliraobe God

andras2006

Smash Cadet
yea no problem, pice, i had fun, i think i learned alot from playing you all, and of course me and clint (skye) will try to go to the july 7th one, and if we do play the people from el paso, i know the place so we could all work something out. oh and neil i enjoyed our 15+ matches, each one was great. you'll have to play me again sometime, soon.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
uhmm i came in with clint, my name is amir hernandez, i wear glasses with long hair and a ponytail...<.<
thanks alot for the positve feedback everyone. the july 7 one should be even better, once agin sry the tournout wasnt that good but i guess it will take a while for the trcc reputation to were off, anyways im currently trying to book the room for a weekday and then they close at 9, but no promises yet because the manegment is sort of.......not nice. but thks again everyione for coming and to those of u that didnt U BETTER BE AT THE NEXT ONE

A weekday, huh Joe? Like a Friday?? OOOOHHH, it just hit me, that's over SUMMER BREAK!!! I get it!! Ahahaha...yea.

It'd be awesome to get the place from morning until 9:00; you would absolutely make the OOS'ers very happy. That's the main reason they don't like TRCC, not enough time. That would be nice Joe. Whatever you can do, you can do though. Hope it works out.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
It will be tough to get, i have been informed that during the summer that is where the seniors go to eat cause theyre old and dont have anywhere else to go

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Yeah. While we discuss the power rankings, we also need to figure out what we are going to do for the monthlies. There is that place Everett mentioned for $250. However, I think that is a lil pricy.

Wait... wow... my mind just completely blocked out like.. the above three or four posts. That sounds great. I noticed that at the last tournament. Steven and I were sitting outside and were like, "Why didn't we book it on Friday? We'd have 'til 9!" That would be great. Besides, how often are a bunch of fat old elderly men gonna rent out a community center. We'll just bash them over the head with our controllers.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
Kash we will see soon if the weekday comes through...if we do get it , its not gonna be cheap like last time so im gonna need ALOT of people to show up to cover the costs of this one...i should be able to let u guys no by thursday at the latest

Hey Duha, when is the tournament in Tucson going to be? I might go, but chances are I won't be able to go OOS until I've convinced my parents that I'm good enough to go OOS and not waste my money, although I like to think of this as a hobby.

Top Bottom