• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Hahaha. Bro, lets just do a two person draft with Rav block. Best limited block imo.

You should come by David and Kyle's place this Friday. Light will be here. We should totally get some big smashfest going on. =D
I'm actually drafting rav block today at UNM at 7. It's $20, keep what you open, MBS boster prizes. Lots of room open for it too lol.

Rav was the best in general IMO. Rav/TS was my favorite standard

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Smashfest at the Twins place tonight. Light and GoldenGlove will be here. Come whenever. Lets try and get a solid number of people here!

Neil, you better come by sometime today. :<

9180 Coors Blvd NW #3011
Albuquerque, New Mexico

For help with directions, call or text (352) 358-1019.

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
I'll come by tonight. I want to play you Eikelmann.

EDIT: I mean like to welcome you to the state. Not like trash talking or anything haha.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
I *might* be able to stop by tonight
the only reasons i would do so are:

1. wishing kyle and david some prototype of a clever happy birthday message come midnight
2. having hardcore buttsecks with ian after letting him play portal 2
3. having hardcore buttsecks with brad after letting him dsmash me for an hour
4. losing to everyone else in mk9
5. pretending that i'm getting better at ssf4
6. jeopardizing my grades in those 10 upcoming final exams - I counted; it really is 10 :urg:

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
I *might* be able to stop by tonight
the only reasons i would do so are:

1. having hardcore buttsecks with Ronald
2. having hardcore buttsecks with Ronald
3. having hardcore buttsecks with Ronald
4. having hardcore buttsecks with Ronald
5. having hardcore buttsecks with Ronald
6. having hardcore buttsecks with Ronald :urg:
Fixed for accuracy

EDIT: This is so cool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXCLNnj8OBY&feature=feedf

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I'll bring a Wii and Brawl.

Just call me Walker though, I really stopped caring about my gamertag a looooong time ago

Rofl, yeah, smash is pretty small in NM

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I'll bring some random stuff. I don't have much on me because I share cards with a few people and they are practicing for Regionals

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Happy birthday, twins. People don't appreciate the amount of effort you put into socializing with OOSers. Consequently, you two are regularly breathing life back into the NM scene. Thank you for that very manly improptu fest :awesome:

24 years old, right? God, that's ridiculous. I first joined the scene when I was 13.

Hopefully that somewhat explains the ****ing dumb posts I used to make (Zack and I merrily discussed those glory days on the ride back home). Even though I'm still unquestionably ********, I'm quite depressed to realize I don't regularly emit the same volume of Neil quotes as before.

Seriously, a few years ago, every few months constituted enough material to publish a book :glare:

look at me guys i'm a forest

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Sweet. It's you, me, Ian, and Neil.

Mapquest says it's 1066 Miles.

Also, I forgot to pick up Spirit tracks while at the Twins house, and also left my Wiimote.......

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Walker, I have your wiimote. I'll try to drop it off sometime this week after class. My car gets about 35 mpg/highway, but 32 would be a much more conservative estimate and ensure you all don't lose any unnecessary money.

As for me actually taking you all on a trip to GENESIS2 . . .

i dunno man :troll:

EDIT: in the spirit of ronald posting melee tas vids that I haven't seen before and threatening any shred of my sense of self-worth (and in the spirit of me having a new melee*** friend to talk to):

oh and in the spirit of august hating on melee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyUY6E9bckk

oh and in the spirit of me losing to light a lot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxsuWssM6C8&NR=1

oh and in the spirit of steven barely playing any melee last fest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW_yNT3hX-M

oh and in the spirit of paul's secret main never getting good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebfCBMoXGPg

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
K, I'll be super conservative and assume 30 lol. So, assuming about 75-80 Gallons for a round trip

Average gas prices (as of now of course, I can't tell you how they will change, though it's probably going up)

NM: about 3:70 a Gallon on average
AZ: basically the same
Cali: Prepare to stab baiies, 4.00 is cheap over here as of friday Probably like 4.50

It's about 490 miles to get into Cali, so about 17 Gallons each way there and back. So about 125 dollars in gas for that portion, and it would be much better to gas up there rather than in Cali

For the California part, it's like 550 miles into Cali, so 20 gallons each way. Another 180 in gas.

Basically 300 in gas for round trip assuming gas doesn't go up too much. 75 dollars each.

Since there is 4 of us, we should probably get a double queen room. It's 69 a night, and we are looking at being there Friday, Saturday, Sunday. 210 divided among the 4 of is is basically 50 bucks each. This ignores the fact that we could room with the twins, which might be absurdly cramped, since their room is already holding 6, but the hotel would be at most 25 each with this, assuming the biggest room (IDK which room they got)

They haven't posted tourney entry yet, but for the last genesis it was 20 for venue, and 25 for entries to the games, so I'll go with that again. Assuming you're playing in singles and doubles for one game, 70 dollars for entry.

Then of course there is food. We will be in California, so it won't be cheap. I'd be safe and say 15 a day, though you can obviously be cheaper. Don't forget it's a full days travel each way, so like 75 for food.

I'd assume 275 if you're gonna be cheap, and 325 to be safe. I can't account for gas prices though.

Hmmm...I am going to bring $400, just to be extra, extra, EXTRA safe. :p Also, when I get a new phone in a few days this will be much easier to plan out, lol.

If anyone's not busy Tuesday afternoon/evening, I'm down to play some Melee and practice, now that I'm actually not craptastic and running on zero sleep.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
It's all fairly rough anyways, gas could go nuts

We need to figure out when to leave too. I was thinking late wednesday/ early thursday.

Top Bottom