• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Haha, considering it's 10:26 I don't think that's happening now :p

I'd be down another time, though.

Homework day is tomorrow, though, so for me it'll have to wait to earliest next weekend :/

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
If eye of judgment is that cheap, I might be willing to help pitch for a box and try it. But still, MtG. I'm more than willing to Build and bring decks for everyone, like I've done before

I do like trying new games though. Show me more

ASIDE:
Winning a tourney and coming back with less money than you went there with is aids

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol ya Light told me he never plans on going back to LC/any tourney RPG hosts.

Yo Walker. If you make the decks i'll play ya at the next fest we both attend. I like playing but i'm too poor to buy the stuff lol.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
One word, Davis. Coincidentally, the same word that frees us of all the weight and pain of life. Love.

I damn you, Steven, you wise propheteer!
How could you have foreseen all of my cheer?
I am very happy for you! That's awesome.

However, friends are forever. Remember that.

If eye of judgment is that cheap, I might be willing to help pitch for a box and try it. But still, MtG. I'm more than willing to Build and bring decks for everyone, like I've done before

I do like trying new games though. Show me more

ASIDE:
Winning a tourney and coming back with less money than you went there with is aids
I did some hardcore shopping today. I can actually get the game, mat, and five starter decks for something like twenty bucks. However, I'd have to buy the eye. I found some really good deals, I just need to figure out what to get.

I'd be down to play Magic, I just don't want to buy my own cards.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Yo Walker. If you make the decks i'll play ya at the next fest we both attend. I like playing but i'm too poor to buy the stuff lol.
I'd be down to play Magic, I just don't want to buy my own cards.
I totally understand both of those sentiments lol. I don't spend much money on magic anymore, but that's because I own enough cards and have become good enough at the game to just trade for/win what I need. I'll start bringing decks so people can play for fun at fests.

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
Harhar at the LC tourney, I am suddenly very glad I did not attend. Neil, you're not quitting Smash, trust me I went through the same phase. Maybe next Friday we can make beautiful on-screen love again.
Just out of curiosity, what were the results in that tournament?

I am very happy for you! That's awesome.

However, friends are forever. Remember that.
I approve of this statement Davis. :) Hi buddy, haha!

Ahahaha...the results Ronald? The results were Albuquerque owns everyone. 'Nuff said. 1-3 in Melee, 1st, 4-5 in Brawl.

I love chess David! I'll play you at the next fest. :cool: We should go see a dollar movie too sometime soon yall. If you haven't seen Megamind...we must go see it. Anyone down for that maybe this weekend if there's a fest too?

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
It's a shame Neil is thinking about quitting Smash. I suddenly got epic with Captain Falcon.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
We didn't stand for it. Light called me over because RPG was being disrespectful and I stepped in. We made him change it to double elim. The tourney started 3 hours late because they were waiting for people to show up O.o

However he pulled his **** together at the end. They tried closing the venue over an hour early and he stood up saying no not till we finish (however that was during GFs lol).

But RPG was stressing over trivial stuff and messing up on easy-to-get-right things.

Tip for you RPG: be like your girlfriend. Pinkchucks was willing to listen to suggestions, smiled, and was helpful. You panicked over simple stuff and felt like we were running out of time for everything. 7 hours was more than enough time to do doubles, singles and crews. the first two being double elim. You just need to stop worrying over trivial ****.

In terms of skill, LC got a little better. In teams friendlies Shadowphoenix actually surprised me. And he heald his own decently in singles friendlies. HOWEVER he never signed up to enter and took off when I asked him about it and our money match. He said something about dropping his bro off, but when he came back later he bailed again before our MM. For shame dude :p

I 4 stocked RPG match one and held a conversation with Light and Erich match 2 for an easy 2 stock almost no percent win :p

EDIT:

melee it was:
1. Light
2. Twin_A
3. Erich
4. Tetsuya
5. Nicknyte
then somewhere past that was RPG and 8 or so others

I lost to nicknytes luigi first round >.< but came back and beat rpg, nicknyte, tetsuya, erich (that last stock sucked!), and then lost to Light.

Brawl it was
1. Goyf
2. Arty Burrito
3. Duffman
4. Light
5. tekkie
6 and on I don't know

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
So, in the process of playing the original Smash AND constantly playing n00bs in Melee and Brawl, my skill has deteriorated beyond belief. I need help getting myself back up to speed. Lots of fests for me pl0x.

I love chess David! I'll play you at the next fest. :cool: We should go see a dollar movie too sometime soon yall. If you haven't seen Megamind...we must go see it. Anyone down for that maybe this weekend if there's a fest too?
I'm so down!

EDIT: Also, does anyone here play MineCraft? I'm hosting a personal server with some server space I rented, and I'm trying to construct a decently sized, yet awesome community to construct with. Let me know if you're interested and give me your username so I can white list you; after that I can give you the server IP.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol Pink. Glad I did say thus far. At least he turned it around a little bit. But not doing doubles and crews equals failed in my eyes. Well next tourney we host maybe you all will come up and learn.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Sorry to hear that Z :(

And Pink. Another piece of advice then. If you want to have smash do well and get everything in, then maybe put an experienced player host it. Light or my bro could have easily taken over and had everything go smoothly while your tasks were focused elsewhere :)
Also I was thinking of getting something going in early Summer :) Maybe in May/June. Still very early thoughts tho.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
May i ask which of my characters gave you the most trouble?
none of them. None at all. Learn how to play a real game.

Lol actually I didn't get a chance to play any of them seriously so I couldn't tell you. If I had to guess I'd say your fox in teams did pretty well. I wanted to see that Marth in singles. Your sheik was decent but only good at standard sheik things. I would keep pushing your fox and marth.

And next time either stay and actually enter, or play me in more matches.

And Pink, knowing that you guys run multiple game tournies doesn't change much but at least you're willing to make the effort. Just next time if I offer to help, don't be afraid to say sure lol. I don't mind if it means the thing running smoothly.

Although I don't know when I will be down there next. You guys will have to come up here a few times. And Light was pretty hurt that RPG disrespected him so much. Easily the best/most experienced player there and RPG wouldn't give him the time of day. however once I stepped in he was all ears? I'm flattered but yeah >.>

I taught justin wong how to play she hunk
Really? nice :D

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Las Cruces FAILURE

Maybe if RPGfan wasn't so stubborn he would have let someone else run the melee and brawl side of the tournament instead of powertripping and trying to do everything himself it would have ran quicker and smoother. It is not okay to raise your voice and give me a lecture when I ask a simple question. I didn't travel over 8 hours out of my way to get treated like that and experience THE MOST worse tournament I have ever been too. Also threatening to take away the TV and setup WE brought was just incredulous.

Putting Kyle and me on the same side of the bracket was laughable too and when I suggested that Pinkchukks switch up the bracket, RPGfan came up and said I have to beat everyone first to prove that. ..... Okay let's leave up the top players in Albuquerque on the same side of the bracket and not even bother giving me a Bye when I was clearly the best player there. The point of a Bye is to get people of less skill to play more people, not get wrecked by pros on the very first round of bracket, it was for other peoples' benefit, not for mine. I'm glad you changed it to double elimination but that was only after Kyle came over and talked to you (not so scared talking to smaller people, are you? wonder why you changed your mind when Kyle came over...)

I'm so glad that Pinkchukks was there and was actually a sensible, easy-to-talk to person. I thank her for that and being most reasonable.
The only reason why I'm so adamant in RPGfan's failure is his lack of communication skills as well as his inability to take advice and suggestions from other people. I am never going to any tournament or smashfest RPGfan hosts to ever again. I want nothing to do with him. His little rally at the end was not enough for me, sorry. Telling them that we need to finish grand finals when we were already halfway through on the last match was just silly. Your lack of apology to me personally at the end was enough for me to justify this post.

I'm sad that I did not get a chance to play ShadowPhoenix and RPGfan so I could 4-four stock them. ShadowPhoenix took off shortly after the tournament started and came back toward the end when I was too busy playing bracket matches to play him, then after the tournament was over, we had to leave. (though he did say he had to drop off his brother or something (who knows if that's the truth...) Though he mysteriously disappeared without so much a word when Kyle challenged him to their money match so it makes me wonder. For all we know, he probably just wanted to see his skill vs. Kyle in those team friendlies then took off when he realized he stood no chance.) I gave Las Cruces a chance, full well-knowing it would have been a disapointment anyway and you guys somehow managed to break my already low standards by an exceedable amount.

I really dont know what to say to this... you've never shown up to LC... in fact, the only people who have come are TwinA, Dekar, and Lewis. yet all of ALB talks about us like theyve experienced it personally... How have you supported us??? All ive seen you do is discourage people from coming and laugh at us in this thread + the Arizona thread.
Hmm maybe because they were credible people.
I have a sharp distain in this thread in the LC bashing. Ya'll as a state should support it, not shut it down. That's what we do in AZ, I'd expect it in NM.
The bashing was justified. You saw to that yourself.
Imma thinking that RPG just needs more support. I mean, like sure you guys have supported him in the past, and I kinda think you guys still do, but I really do think you have to not rely on your brother to make decisions on your behalf. I kinda like being my own man in this kinda thing. What I have gotten is a bunch of people telling me "Don't go down there" "LC sucks" "Better be careful" and I've heeded these words. But I am at an odds. I kinda like making my own opinion first on things. I'd rather not listen to someone and use my own opinion as a reference.
Done and done. Final verdict? They were right. In fact, it was worse than I anticipated.

I'm so done with Las Cruces.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Although the tragic event which transpired is attributed to Las Cruces, I think something has to be said about the city in which this tournament was hosted.

El Paso. And how exactly would locals of El Paso respond to previous posts?

"Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn . . . "

Light_

Smash Apprentice
No, El Paso is cool, but Las Cruces hosted the tournament. El Paso has nothing to do with the failure that transpired.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Daaaaaammmmnnn Light. Telling it how it is.

Hosting multiple game tourneys is not difficult. You just need to manage your time and resources well. ai have seen it done several times and it always went smoothly for all events. Especially the last one I went to in El Paso. Good times.

Sorry you had such a crap weekend Light. Next tourney will be a little closer k ;)

tekkie

Smash Master
robert from LC was a man of outstanding character. we started a money match, got yelled at by RPGfan to stop midmatch to give up the tv, resumed the match an hour later and almost got booted again but managed to finish a game, called it 1-0 and continued another hour later.

changing the venue to el paso was a 100% bad idea. the turnout was bad, the space was crap, and somehow it led to RPG trying to juggle like 8 tournaments instead of 2. if you bite off more than you can chew then crying about how you're overstressed or whatever is not the right excuse.

also 3 hours is a ***** drive

Light_

Smash Apprentice
The only thing that made up for the tournament was the people I was with. Also seeing NickNyte and BlackKnight again made my day, they are too cool.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Except that judging people is a natural human reaction.
Also if you run a ****ty tourney then expect people to say so.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
What did you think of the tourney Goyf?
I'm not going to go on a rant, but suffice to say it was not done too well. I did enjoy hanging with Arty and Lui, but that and the car trips were the best parts.

But eh, LC is a Melee city, and I'm a Brawl player, so I can't say much.

EDIT: Hey Erich, did I leave my controller in your car? I can't find it. It's Silver on front, black on back, and has a tear in the Cstick, is missing the thumbpad, and has the shoulder springs removed.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I apologize for anyone who had the extremely bad experience at the tourney, mainly to Light, who it very well seems took it the hardest.
At the same time however, I don't think it means much because clearly no one had a problem with me, and your qualms lie elsewhere.
Like I said, I thank everyone for coming and making the trip down here. If anyone, like Light, is "so done with Las Cruces", then I understand. We convinced you guys to come, and you finally came.

Twin_A, as far as the suggesting to running it, I guess that could have been a possibility however I was unaware of the fact that you volunteered yourself. Also running that many games/tourneys at the same time is an excuse, because trust me, I was in the same place and it's hectic, and I was giving a large chunk of my attention to you guys. It's not as simple as that, honestly.

As I said if you guys don't want to come, so be it, but before you make that your final verdict here's a last thing for you guys to think about:
Since the next big tourney is going to be at the LCGC, as mentioned, even I can run the tourney. However, I was thinking what if we did a collab with Albs? One of you can run it, be an official staff member, get in free etc. I mean, we all are NM, and we prefer people who have a lot of experience with the game to run the tourneys. We can provide the equipment and you run it. Simple.
Not a bad idea imo honestly.
All I'm saying is, if you guys have gained respect for me like you say, then I'm asking you hear out my opinions. I'm telling you some sensible suggestions, and like I listened to yours and followed through, I only ask you do the same.

Any of you who are literally through with coming here, regardless of what I'm saying or what I did, all I can say is I'm sorry for what happened to you and that you feel it's unforgivable/unrepairable.

I really didn't think it was that bad because you guys seemed pretty happy at the end, especially,"Twin (underscore) A" lol.

Either we can work something out like I said above, and you guys show, or don't. It is what is and I've said all I can. I'm fine with either option. My last humble request is, please try not slam our group so much. You guys have to give me that much at least.

Last, I'm sure if you guys end up hosting something it will be posted. So we'll see when that time comes.
This is one of the weakest posts I have ever read. Grow a spine.

@ABQ + Light. Once you have eaten ****, you don't need to take another bite to remember its ****. Why'd you take that second bite. =(

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
A recent SF/MvC tourney here in ALB had only ONE guy running over 5 games at the same time on his own...and he got them all done on time

hosting multiple game tourneys at the same time is no excuse for poor organization and a crappy tournament

if you think it is, then you guys should not be holding tournaments with multiple games

Top Bottom