• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Keith still won't answer his phone. He also wasn't there before I had to go to work and it was too late to go after work because I saw Hancock (awesome).

I'll hunt him down tomorrow *big sigh*

EDIT: Christ, am I the only one that posts in these thread anymore?

Anyways, I'm making the tournament the 17th and 18th as the 19th is the giant concert with Disturbed and several people are going to that.

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
Kash, you got another 5$ for my Yoshi?

I should be able to come down, assuming I have a spot in the car that is, but hopefully I will see you guys down there.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
BA DAH BING BA DAH BOOM! (****, I want to watch Hercules now)

I talked to Keith and we have all green lights. Now all that has to be done is make a flier and advertise, advertise, advertise.

I'm going to make a tournament thread with some details then edit this post and put the link in here. Your job New Mexico, that's right, all of New Mexico is to advertise this thing to death. We are shooting for over 100 people. Let's rock and roll.

It is on the 17th and 18th which is pretty much the same weekend as FAST, so that means that those who couldn't make it to FAST will probably want to come here. Play on that. Let's make it happen.

EDIT: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4829740#post4829740

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Five dolla for venue, ten dolla for Brawl and Melee singles, and twenty dolla for Brawl and Melee doubles. Does that sound good? Also, so people don't have to pay 5 dolla each have the guys at the desk stamp the entrants hands or something.

Melee rules should be the same as they've alwasy been, 4 stock. 8 min time limit, ect. (I don't feel like writing all the melee rules down).

As for Brawl rules, I think they should be the same as they have too. But I would have Norfair banned and Castle Siege as a neutral for doubles. I don't feel like making a list.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
No way are the prices going to be that cheap for the size we are aiming for.

I was thinking $10 venue fee, reduced to $5 if you bring a setup. Then $15 maybe $20 for Brawl singles and $30 for Brawl teams ($15 per person). As for Melee I'm thinking $10 for singles and $20 for doubles.

EDIT: Alright, I posted a thread in the tournament listings, the Southwest board, and on AllisBrawl.

I've also advertised in the main Oklahoma, Utah, and Arizona threads as well as in the Dallas, TX thread.

EDIT#2: I also don't feel like making the flyer... someone want to do that for me?

OH! Good idea. Sinz, you want to make a sig for the tournament?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
In the tournament thread can you put that it is also Sinz's birthday :)

I'll get back to my contacts in each state. I Have been talking to Forward, Maxxpower, Dannykat, DSF, Bardull, and a bunch of players. I am gonna work on Texas again. I also heard that some of Utah might be interested.

Also, I have been talking to all of the local play N trades tournies. I convinced them to start holding Brawl tournies :)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Someone should do a smashfest on saturday.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I agree. I'm not doing anything this weekend.

I turned on Smash yesterday and practiced, but I hadn't played for like a week and a half and it felt like all my skill was gone >.<

I need to play people badly.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Davis, I started playing as wolf yesterday. This was after I played Jumpman. There are so many things that he did, that caught me off guard. I won, but he was one of the best wolves I've played.

P.S. Wolf's shine is amazing.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Well, the reflector was what jumpman was beating me down with.

Dunno what wolf flash is.

You should get on MSN

Hmmm...nice sig Everett. Any particular reason why R.O.B is the character though? Just curious.

Sweet deal Davis. I'll start doing some advertising now. If Everett wants to make a flier...well, let's just say there'll be no rest for the wicked. I'll be posting those things up all over creation.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Rob is the character because all of the renders looked like crap.

Mmm...makes sense. Cool.

Smashfest tomorrow, huh? Not sure if I can make it, despite wanting to go. Maybe...we'll see. If I don't come, have fun without me!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Davis, if there isn't a smashfest tomorrow, you Erich and Paul can come over to my house.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
paul isn't answering either.
Nor is Erich

wtf.

Many, many fliers have just been posted up. Plus we've got a lot of new venues to use as well, if we want to use them. Seriously, I'm not kidding. I'll tell you more about it later, when you ask me. I'm really tired right now from X-C.

Top Bottom