• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Blargh, I left my Wii Remote over at Neil's. It's the one with rechargeables. Hopefully nobody else will take it.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Uh, Sunday possibly? I'm working today and tomorrow.

Also, I thought your parents didn't want anybody in my area? (since you can't attend Nolan fests and I'm really close to there)

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Ah, Sunday it is then.
And I'll see what I can do about getting my parents to go over there. What's your address, by the way?

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
goldengoyf plz stop leaving stuff at my house kthxbai

EDIT: I just wanted to apologize to anyone if I seemed upset yesterday. It was certainly a fun fest and if my demeanor wrongly frustrated anyone, I'm sorry.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
I predicted something a few months ago:
So for the first time in my life I legitimately did not care for a melee tournament. I had the chance to play the coolest video game ever with new people, the means and the money to attend, the friends to attend it with, and I still don't give a **** about going.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure my time draws near. No more fests for me. Once in a blue moon I'll stop by for a local tourney.

Let me know if there are items to be returned or debts to be repaid.

The time is now. I quit. Perhaps you don't believe me, but this is the straightforward, honest truth. It's very self-aggrandizing for me to say, but simply put, I don't want to play video games.

My decision IS NOT in any way related to any interaction with any person of any kind. Let me repeat that: nobody has said or done anything to influence my decision. It is purely my own choice. Furthermore, it's disappointing I leave at such a wonderful time for our community: new players have arrived for both smash games as well as the traditional fighters AND we're successfully hosting a significant, promising tournament.

I am very confident in this situation in that I know precisely what needs to be done. At the same time, I feel incredibly confused: I don't have a single clue how to do it. I suppose I'll elaborate with certainty after a few more days. I'm "deferring" this determination for two reasons:

1. I don't want my explanation (this post) to be unnecessarily long and poor.
2. To break away from a community, I will need input/feedback from its members.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Lets not put pressure on Neil, please. He's made the choice to quit, we'll have to respect it. I'm sure housing and a ride to Genesis 2 can be achieved.

Neil, I felt something was up at the fest, and again, I do hope that all is well with you and your family. Regardless of smash, I'd really like to stay in contact still. You're a really great guy, and I enjoyed playing Melee with you as much as possible before you made this choice.

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I figured something was up too. Neil didn't seem his usual, enthusiastic, Melee*** self.

tekkie

Smash Master
when i stopped playing ddr i never really just got up and said **** it, just slowly stopped playing more and more. and i know brawl is well past its prime for me. you dont just say youre done you just kinda fade away

BUT ON THE OTHER HAND SOMEONE SHOULD CONSIDER HOLDING A FEST MONDAY I MIGHT BE ABLE TO ATTEND

i dont know how to post without pictures

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Well, I just happen to be sick today, so I don't think I'll be able to come over today, Walker.

Top Bottom