• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Lol. I'm loving the names guys. And the hats idea. This is totally going to be the best tourney ever!! Haha.

So here's the deal: the Community Center closes at 3:00 on Saturdays. I know someone who works there, so I am going to ask him if he can come in that day and stay until later so that we may use the center until 6:00-8:00 ish or so. It also closes at 9:00 on Fridays. Which day would be better for us to ask them to use? A Friday or a Saturday? NICKNYTE!!!! When do you get into town? Because if you already bought the ticket and it's nonrefundable, then I will make Saturday work for us if you cannot do Friday. And by that I mean if you are flying in on Friday, then Saturday will have to do. :)
Saturday! :D I fly in Sat morning. Ill post my ticket again for ya.

Also, Ill be staying until Monday morning, so smashfest on Sunday! lol

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Saturday! :D I fly in Sat morning. Ill post my ticket again for ya.

Also, Ill be staying until Monday morning, so smashfest on Sunday! lol
How do you get such cheap tickets O.o

Yea, I have Tio. :) So do a lot of other people here. That'll be no problem. And thanks Nicknyte for the info.

EDIT: Also, everyone who is willing to help house please send me a PM right away with how many people you can house total. So far only Neil and the Twins have said anything about it. If you have a preference on who you get to house, let me know. Twins, I know you'll be housing Axe, etc. Just let me know so I can factor it all in. Thanks guys.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Also, Zach can you/Steven/anyone else who knows what they're talking about draw up the rules for SSF4, MvC3, and MK9 for me? Thanks a lot.
SSF4 rules

Matches are 2 out of 3 games, games are 2 out of 3 rounds. Rounds have a 99 second timer. The loser of the previous game may change characters. The winner must keep the same character, but can switch ultras after the loser of the previous game selects his character. Winners/Losers/Grand finals are 3 out of 5 games.

MvC3 rules

Matches are 2 out of 3 games. Games have a 99 second timer. The loser of the previous game may switch characters or assists. The winner must keep the same characters and assists. Zero snapback glitch is banned. Winners/Losers/Grand finals are 3 out of 5 games.

Should probably wait until MK9 comes out to declare rules. It's probably going to be pretty much the same as SF and MvC, except with a timer of 90 seconds instead of 99.

Yup. We're that awesome.

IMPORTANT: Steven or Paul, or one of you all who know your way around the SSF4 scene, can you please post the thread up in the SRK forums or whatever it is and advertise to the SSF4 crowd? Much appreciated. Love you guys. Also, keep me updated via this thread or PM with how many people you think are attending for SSF4.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Yup. We're that awesome.

IMPORTANT: Steven or Paul, or one of you all who know your way around the SSF4 scene, can you please post the thread up in the SRK forums or whatever it is and advertise to the SSF4 crowd? Much appreciated. Love you guys. Also, keep me updated via this thread or PM with how many people you think are attending for SSF4.
i can do that once you post the venue. also, creating a facebook event is a good idea.

Alright scrubs. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, is bringing something to this tournament. So, everyone PM me what you can bring with you to the tournament. TV's, Cubes, Wii's, PS3's, whatever it is, as well as the game you intend it to be used for. I need to know, and we need to start planning this equipment stuff NOW to be sure we have enough for what is turning out to be a very big tournament.

BTW, is anyone opposed to lasagna?

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Alright scrubs. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, is bringing something to this tournament. So, everyone PM me what you can bring with you to the tournament. TV's, Cubes, Wii's, PS3's, whatever it is, as well as the game you intend it to be used for. I need to know, and we need to start planning this equipment stuff NOW to be sure we have enough for what is turning out to be a very big tournament.

BTW, is anyone opposed to lasagna?
If you are opposed to lasagna, they need to die like Rebecca Black.

And I can Bring a Wii w/ brawl for sure, and a tv if I can get a ride.

Wait, I'm lost... There's an Erich fest sometime? When? And is that related to the tournament, or is the tourney that thing happening in June or something?

tw1n

Smash Champion
So Light and I should be at the erich fest all day now :D what time does it start at?

Also, who doesn't like lasagna???!!!

And ya this tourney is becoming huge lol. I'm in the process of networking with NC lol. If I can get any of them out here then this will be an official national :D
Plus I am gonna see if any of the Europeans will be in the U.S. at this point (yes... this is a possibility)

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Yup I'll be in town this weekend so I'm looking forward to another awesome Erich fest.

I'm excited for the June 11th tournament now. I hope lots of OOSers come.

Check the thread out stingers, it's posted in the title. :) If you don't know which tournament it is, you will as soon as you see it in the southwest thread. :p

EDIT: SUPER IMPORTANT!!!!!!! READ AND RESPOND IMMEDIATELY!!!!!

Alright, I have a possible venue secured. The basic situation is that someone currently holds the venue for that day, but they may cancel. Within three days I will know. The manager is going to call me and let me know, and within four business days of tomorrow I must go in and pay him the fee to rent the venue out. FIRST: A $50 damages fee. This is refunded if no damages occur at the tournament, which there won't be. :) FINALLY: It is $25 per hour to rent the room, which has an 80 person capacity no problem. I am going tomorrow to visit the venue and see what it actually looks like. If it satisfies, then I will finalize it. My questions to you are these: are we in agreement that a room of that size is big enough for this tournament? Second, if we do get the venue, then I am going to have to ask everyone to help pay for it, because I have -$5.18 right now. Yes that's right. No exaggeration. Which leads me to the last question: how many hours should we rent it for? It closes at 11:00, so if we start the tournament at noon instead of 10:30 we could potentially only use 10 hours or 11. Or we can go from 10:30-10:30. Either way, the venue will pay for itself with a $5 venue fee, and you will all be reimbursed the money you are putting into this the day of the tournament. I need everyone's opinion on this, and thank you soooooooooooo much guys.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I'm richer that Erich, I have 1 dollar exactly.

I would totally be wiling to pitch for an hour at some point later, but I can't currently. I think we can get 10 people to pitch for this hopefully

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Lessee
12x25=300

300 dollars / 30 people = $10 dollar venue fee or 300 dollars / 60 people = $ 5 dollar venue fee.

In my opinion, especially since my flight gets in at 9:30 am, we can prolly start around 10:30, but I think saving 25 bucks is worth it, so 12pm-11pm seems good. Venue fees stay the same, but refunds can be given back later if the tournament is bigger than expected. I should be able to throw down a $100 emergency venue insurance (trust me on this. I am reliable) in case **** goes wrong, so I got yall for that much. $10 venue seems legit to me, but since it's multi game, we might be good at $5 as well, just remember the math.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I can agree with NickNyte on that one. The only problem with noon is that means we'd have to get everything set up rapid fire and get the tourneys started by 1 to guarantee they're all finished in time.

And also Erich, put me down for helping on that. I can do $25 guaranteed at the moment for damage fees.
We also need to get a hold of Ronald to pass the info.

Also NickNyte. I ****ing love you man. I'mma buy you some pancakes at IHOP the night you get here!

Edit:
This is for Walker and any other fans of the classic Pokemon. Kinda creepy heads up. Replace **** with s*** and then replace *** with hit ;)
http://thecolligere.com/entertainment/video-games/pokeweird-****red

Top Bottom