• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I don't care. I'm going. To me, smashing is something I appreciate. It's not the challenge I go for. It's to make new friends, and to have a good time. True, I want to test my mettle, but I am going to Pound 5 for that, and even then, I'm going there to have fun.

The tournament in LC might be worthless, but it's not meaningless. Which oddly enough means, it has worth.

I have a sharp distain in this thread in the LC bashing. Ya'll as a state should support it, not shut it down. That's what we do in AZ, I'd expect it in NM.

tw1n

Smash Champion
We have supported LC many times. And in many ways still do. But we have disapointed several times as well. We are all waiting for the day we can be shown it's worth. But travelling there has proven to be in vain.

I hope you all have a fun time there lol.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
We have supported LC many times. And in many ways still do. But we have disapointed several times as well. We are all waiting for the day we can be shown it's worth. But travelling there has proven to be in vain.

Will do. Althoght imo lc isn't a good city skillwise, in the realm of transportation, its great placing. The core of AZ is only 4-6 hr from lc and abq is 3 hrs. I think if we get more traffic through there and set up some flyers in the community, we can get some traffic and ultimately skill.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Or you can come to Alb. where we have more smashers and is only a few hours away from Light :D

(Light IS number 1 in New mexico ya know. Unless you're too scared ;) )

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
I don't care. I'm going. To me, smashing is something I appreciate. It's not the challenge I go for. It's to make new friends, and to have a good time. True, I want to test my mettle, but I am going to Pound 5 for that, and even then, I'm going there to have fun.

The tournament in LC might be worthless, but it's not meaningless. Which oddly enough means, it has worth.

I have a sharp distain in this thread in the LC bashing. Ya'll as a state should support it, not shut it down. That's what we do in AZ, I'd expect it in NM.
I wish more people were like you

I really dont know what to say to this... you've never shown up to LC... in fact, the only people who have come are TwinA, Dekar, and Lewis. yet all of ALB talks about us like theyve experienced it personally... How have you supported us??? All ive seen you do is discourage people from coming and laugh at us in this thread + the Arizona thread.

i want to go, just need a ride. need to rock LC's world at least once i guess
I think youre a brawl player, but i dont care... come play with us :)

I'll go if you have a car and will drives me. lol
Hope you can make it

Hey RPG, if I do go I'll take a recording set up.
I want to thank you for being the only smasher from ALB to actually try and encourage us. Youre alot cooler than your brother :cool:

tw1n

Smash Champion
I really dont know what to say to this... you've never shown up to LC... in fact, the only people who have come are TwinA, Dekar, and Lewis. yet all of ALB talks about us like theyve experienced it personally... How have you supported us??? All ive seen you do is discourage people from coming and laugh at us in this thread + the Arizona thread.
No I haven't been there and I am thankful that I did not go there when my bro, Lewis and Dekar did.
Here is my problem with you guys.RPG always tries holding regional and national level tournies without any guarantee of something woorthwhile. He puts things like "Big name pro" coming but never says who. And then one doesnt even show up. I know he is at least trying tho.

The other problem is that you won't even drive less than an hour to a tourney in your city. RPG tries to hype up his tourneys but then I see you discouraging them. I have seen both of you talk alot of crap about one another but never try working together (until maybe now).

If my brother goes to this tourney RPG is holding and it actually goes well, I will start giving some respect. But until such a time, my opinion is set in.

Prove me wrong.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Imma thinking that RPG just needs more support. I mean, like sure you guys have supported him in the past, and I kinda think you guys still do, but I really do think you have to not rely on your brother to make decisions on your behalf. I kinda like being my own man in this kinda thing. What I have gotten is a bunch of people telling me "Don't go down there" "LC sucks" "Better be careful" and I've heeded these words. But I am at an odds. I kinda like making my own opinion first on things. I'd rather not listen to someone and use my own opinion as a reference.

Look, I'm not Axe, Vectorman, Taj, Wobbles, or even GG7. I'm not even worth noting for anyone to go to a tournament 3 hours away, but at least go there at least one time and use your own opinion on deciding if it is worth going again.

Likewise,

LC needs to start hyping up it's tournament, and I mean now. Honestly, Vectorman found Axe, and now Axe is better than him. It's all through tournaments. My first one happened to be at a gamestop, but I wouldn't have gone if I didn't see a flyer before hand.

I suggest RPG go to this thread and take a gander.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=289220

Make some printouts and give it to local card shops. I'd personally help if I wasn't stuck here with a bad car, job, and pound all between the reasons. 4 hours is not a long distance. I'd travel occasionally between Baton Rouge, LA and Pensacola, FL and their respective crews. Regardless, RPG, I'm here for you, and as long as I get to see new sights and meet new people, I am cool with coming down there. But if you want respect from this thread, just get some more traffic. El Paso needs to read this as well :p

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
I posted this in the thread for the October Las Cruces tournament (which was months ago, mind you!):
I hate to intervene, but this conversation is becoming less supportive and more antagonizing. Perhaps we'd be better off encouraging this young community instead of acting derisive. There's nothing wrong with a little competition, but there's certainly something wrong with a lack of sportsmanship.

However, I am still enticed at the prospect of taking all of Las Cruces' money. I'll accept all the MM's anyone is willing to offer (in Melee) ;)
I'll continue to stand by both statements. Shadwphoenx is right: the majority of Albuquerque smashers posting here are acting WAY TOO inconsiderate to other melee players in Las Cruces (even El Paso, too). I can't speak for the brawl community as I am unaware of their activity, but it's our job to support them. Likewise, even if we know they have failed in the past, it's our job to ensure that our characterizations of their current activity are fair, just, factual, and purely independent of past history.

Upon checking the thread listing for this tournament, it seems fair to me. Yeah, I don't know if there's any potential to make money, but I share the same sentiments as Nicknyte: I love the game and the people.

I'm going to declare my car available for this Saturday, February 26. Those of you who still expressed interest in going to this tournament (Tarmagoyf?, Tekkie?) should reply. I'm not certain about going (I still have the same doubts about the quality and worth of attending this tournament), but I'm going to give it a fair opportunity. I suggest you all do the same.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I posted this in the thread for the October Las Cruces tournament (which was months ago, mind you!):I'll continue to stand by both statements. Shadwphoenx is right: the majority of Albuquerque smashers posting here are acting WAY TOO inconsiderate to other melee players in Las Cruces (even El Paso, too). I can't speak for the brawl community as I am unaware of their activity, but it's our job to support them. Likewise, even if we know they have failed in the past, it's our job to ensure that our characterizations of their current activity are fair, just, factual, and purely independent of past history.

Upon checking the thread listing for this tournament, it seems fair to me. Yeah, I don't know if there's any potential to make money, but I share the same sentiments as Nicknyte: I love the game and the people.

I'm going to declare my car available for this Saturday, February 26. Those of you who still expressed interest in going to this tournament (Tarmagoyf?, Tekkie?) should reply. I'm not certain about going (I still have the same doubts about the quality and worth of attending this tournament), but I'm going to give it a fair opportunity. I suggest you all do the same.
You come, I'll help pay for some of your gas, and treat you to IHOP. ENDLESS PANCAKES. TUCSON TRADITION.

tekkie

Smash Master

^this is the gist of my feelings about getting a ride; replace rolling over with driving to LC. i don't care if its a tournament with 10 people. i'd rather spend a saturday beating 10 scrubs than beating 0 scrubs

also gorf nolan don't come i want to win twenty dorrah :3

just kidding my friendship with you is worth more than that <3

buy me a mcgangbang and we'll call it even when you shanghai my twenty dorrah :D

nolan your hello kitty-pooping item might not come in the mail by then but you'll get it eventually and you will poop hello kitties

Dekar173

Justice Man
Shadowphenix or however he misspells his own name is the worst of LC.

He blatantly lies about turnouts, and doesn't even go to their own tourneys.

NOW I remember why I ****ing hate that place- that kid.

I've been directing all of my anger towards Mario when in fact the only thing he was guilty of was incompetence in properly running a tourney the time I went to LC.

Shadowderp on the other hand tells everyone "ya there'll guaranteed be 40 people here, well worth the trip"

6 turn up, aside from the 10 that we and El Paso bring.

Pointless.

tw1n

Smash Champion
My brother and Light are planning on joining. As I said, not a chance I am going. I will be in Denver from Thurs till Monday.

Hope the tourney goes well :D

tekkie

Smash Master
if there's room i have an extra one or two people who might go. should help gas money and stuff right :D

edit: denver is a rat maze filled with one-way streets

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
This thread:

AZ: I wanna go to LC
LC: Come! It's Great
ALBQ: LC Sucks. BTW, Denver.
AZ: Ew Denver.
LC: Denver sucks.
AZ+NM: F DENVER.

Well, not really. But it'd be funny if this turned into a denver bashing thread.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Denver will have my brother for a weekend. That makes it temporarily cooler :p

It's also the Linkin Park concert.

Oh and Shadowphoenix, saying that I'm cooler than my brother doesn't flatter me nor does it make me like you any more. Instead of comlimenting me, I see it instead as a means of disrespecting my brother. So thank you for the compliment (ish), but next time keep an opinion like that to yourself please.

Oh yeah, MM if I go down there?

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Sir, my Luigi vs. Anything you got Twin_A. Let's have a good time. I remember when you and your bro smacked talked me in the middle of the tournament and I was going along with it. lol Good times.

Erich, There is Melee too. Lets do this. Try to beat my Pichu! :D

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol Denver is where my girlfriends sister lives. We are going up there to visit and see Linkin park in concert It's gonna be fun :D

And I remember the AZ Grand Challenge. I got my *** kicked at that tourney lol (in melee...)

My bro has this MM easy! Oooooh! Lol hypin it up now ;)

Dekar173

Justice Man
Y'all should take me. I want to go. I'll even have plenty of money since I'm gonna sell off an assload of magic cards this weekend.
God ****damnit walker get a job that will pay you money. Stop selling stuff you enjoy, and just wark.

You'll be so much happierrrrrrrrrrrrr

Top Bottom