• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Matt?
Bryan?
Niall?
Patrick? (there is SSFIV)
August? (there is SSFIV and BBCS)
Steven? (are you even reading this?)
Erich? (there is melee)
Paul? (there is melee)
Kyle/David? (will you have money leftover after APEX?)
Lewis?
Ronald?
none of these people will be able to or want to go (cept for maybe patrick and erich) to supercon. but as an incentive for melee players vman, axe, loveage, and hugs are apparently going.

also august hold a fest. i can give rides to fellow ne heights residents.

on a completely unrelated note i really want this in my backyard

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Also, how has Penumbra been treating you? >_>
Haven't played Penumbra yet. Finally, please stop posting unfunny, unrelated, and old image macros/videos. I already spam the thread enough with uninteresting, uncool, and worthless melee vids.

EDIT: Banjo, I was joking. We all need our daily dose of Internetz.
I love oyu for posting that video.
WHO THE **** IS OYU?!?! You have some explaining to do, or else I won't ever cuddle with you in bed again.
i got nothing important to do today so someone should hold a fest
Sadly, I probably can't host any more fests this summer. On top of Supercon and getting my UNM classes together, I have another gay Indian cousin wedding coming up.
I can probably hold a fest today. Who's down?
I'll be there at 6 pm with 2 TVs. Should I bring anything else in particular?

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Haven't played Penumbra yet. Finally, please stop posting unfunny, unrelated, and old image macros/videos. I already spam the thread enough with uninteresting, uncool, and worthless melee vids.
Oh, alright.

EDIT: Uh...I knew that. Not really. Heh.

Also, I will be at the fest, since it seems the turnout is going to be good.

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
I would totally go actually! But I am going to New York that weekend with my family. Too bad :\

Alrighty then, fest is on. Come when you please. Bring whatever you want. TVs are necessary as is a PS3 and whatever other consoles you guys want to play on.

Someone text Paul, I'm not sure if I have his correct number on account of him losing his phone and stuff.

tekkie

Smash Master
can't go to supercon. ****ing job training begins that weekend skdsjhwe4kulr3$*@%*#$*%$

in the meantime hey neil i still wanna play against you in melee (and im trying to keep practiced in brawl)

Arms

Smash Rookie
I want to go to Augusts fest, but ****ing Starcraft 2 and LoL will most likely keep me from doing so. Have fun guys.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
No ride to augusts so I'm just gonna play LoL with patrick. as for supercon why dont we leave friday? thursday seems unnecessary. and patrick is going and i thought i was riding in his car.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
as for supercon why dont we leave friday? thursday seems unnecessary. and patrick is going and i thought i was riding in his car.
I didn't know Patrick was going >_<
That changes everything. If there's room in his car, then we can just ignore my giant flaming post a while back.
I highly doubt I would be able to go to supercon. If anything because I have to work. but when would we be leaving and coming back?
Well as I understand it now, there are two cars going:

Molly
Casey
JT
Zack
(1 spot left?)

Patrick
Nolan
Walker?
Me?
(spots left?)

I have NO CLUE when people are leaving/coming back, but here is the SuperCon 2010 Schedule.
one last thing, can i bum a ride off of someone to the ranbat on sunday? :3
I'll give you a ride. However, I expect that I can bring TVs to the ranbat and I can play friendlies. Let alone I need to borrow someone's stick. Is that feasible?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hmmm...Supercon might be fun, I guess. Maybe. If Neil's going, I might want to go. How much will it cost, overall approximately?
140$

50$ for venue
20 for tourney
10 for doubles
40 for gas
20 for food.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I didn't know Patrick was going >_<
That changes everything. If there's room in his car, then we can just ignore my giant flaming post a while back.Well as I understand it now, there are two cars going:

Molly
Casey
JT
Zack
(1 spot left?)

Patrick
Nolan
Walker?
Me?
(spots left?)

I have NO CLUE when people are leaving/coming back, but here is the SuperCon 2010 Schedule.I'll give you a ride. However, I expect that I can bring TVs to the ranbat and I can play friendlies. Let alone I need to borrow someone's stick. Is that feasible?
Stop putting a question mark next to my name donkey, I'm going.

I don't mean this to sound angry BTW, thanks for taking us.

140$

50$ for venue
20 for tourney
10 for doubles
40 for gas
20 for food.
2. HAVE MONEY
We have a $75 sponsorship, and gas costs $85, so I'll pay the remainder. READ: GAS IS FREE!!! :bee::bee:
Good job reading there bro

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Craig posted this on SRK, posting here so folks know:

Hey guys. Here's the deal for the ranbats tomorrow, aug 1. Garett told me we were all set for sunday at straight up pizza. Well it turns out the chick he talked to didnt put down our reservation so they rented out the room to another party. AJ has agreed to let us move the ranbat to his house which is just down the street a bit on Wyoming. I appologize about the move, I personally am doing my best to avoid **** like this, but this one was out of my hands. Anyway the new address is here:

9009 Sunny Brook St
Albuquerque NM 87113

I will also put up a sign on the door at straight up pizza and attach some directions

Here are the directions from strait up to AJ's place.
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1pn=St...=35.186489&2g=-106.566088&2v=ADDRESS#initPgSt

Hmmm...well that's not too bad, but...I don't know. I doubt it. So approximately $100, eh? Meh. I need to save money, so unless there's enough Melee to make money (and assuming I do well and/or team with Neil or Axe or somethin' for doubles), I don't think so.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hmmm...well that's not too bad, but...I don't know. I doubt it. So approximately $100, eh? Meh. I need to save money, so unless there's enough Melee to make money (and assuming I do well and/or team with Neil or Axe or somethin' for doubles), I don't think so.
There is a pot bonus for melee and a bunch of good players going.(hugs, etc...)

Dekar173

Justice Man
Well, due to a lack of entrants and stuff at Jason's tourneys (I have no idea when he runs Abq things, honestly, all I know is he does things regularly in Santa Fe) the sponsorship is $60 total (so 30 to each car, assuming we have 2). Still awesome, just not as awesome as we had hoped :p

There's going to be a $5 charge per person to stay at the venue, this is because Garry, the guy who owns the place, has yet to get back to me on whether it's okay with him whether we use it or not, and I'd like to get it handled and have a place for everyone to stay so I'm just going to offer $5 per person when I can get a hold of him.

It's the same place we stayed at last time, and we're probably gonna have to buy some food to cook while we're there.

Neil- can you bring a TV in your car? The only TVs at Garry's condo are plasma/LCD so of course, since the Wii is the pinnacle in gaming technology, they'll lag.

Our car will be leaving the 12th, since I'm a dumb *** and said the 11th (Wednesday wtf I had no idea XD) I thought I'd clear that up.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Patrick is no longer sure if he's going so I think we should assume he's not. so that leaves your car, neil?
Yep. Feel free to switch spots with anyone who is currently in Molly's car, since we're leaving at the same time and going to the same condo. I'll still make sure to give you a ride to the airport Saturday morning.
lots of things
First off, yes, I will bring a TV, assuming nobody else decides to join us at the last minute.

The money estimate is still about $90. For everbody in my car, I'll only ask for $10 gas money from each of you, and I'll cover the remainder, only because I'm so cool :psycho::laugh:

I still encourage you to go, Erich. I'm sure it's been years since you've played CO, and AZ/SoCal is coming too. That means you'll see the likes of Lovo, Ferdi, Ergadis, YangFuShang (and Tim, Tony, Meno, DTL, etc. though not for melee), Axe, V3ctorman, Tai (potentially forward, TAJ, Wobbles), Hugs, Lovage, and other SoCal pros. Worth the cost, IMO. Not to mention you'll see Everett again!
I'm down to team also.

By the way, the registration website is up and running.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I hate to break your heart, but you probably won't see much of the co melee scene at supercon. The big names are still planning to go, but our melee scene is all either busy, poor, or lazy/scared.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I hate to break your heart, but you probably won't see much of me at supercon. I just got screwed over by apartment contracts :/

Kirbster13

Smash Cadet
Alright here's the delio cool cats:

1. I only want 4 people in my car unless there absolutely has to be five.

2. My work is gay and scheduled me, but I'm getting a shift or two covered so it's all good. ****ing target.

3. My car is leaving the 12th. Whether we leave together or not I do not really care.

4. I have car tvs so Zeemen, bring dvds, games, whatever.

5. My car costs 37$ to fill the tank. Keep that in mind.

That's pretty much it.

Top Bottom