• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Make sure you check out all the non-tournament activities at SuperCon 2010

http://www.supercon2k.com/industry.php

It's going to a great weekend like no other gaming con around!! Also, pre-reg closes August 6 so make sure you pre-reg online. You can still signup for all tournaments the day of the event!!

We should have a Starcraft fest today or something... I doubt anyone bought SCII, because Actiblizzard is a terrible company that needs to burn to the ground. But I'd still like to celebrate.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
All right people, I'll host a fest. However, IT HAS TO END by 10 p.m. No exceptions.
Also, the potential turnout doesn't seem to be looking too strong.

tekkie

Smash Master
All right people, I'll host a fest. However, IT HAS TO END by 10 p.m. No exceptions.
Also, the potential turnout doesn't seem to be looking too strong.
once in a while ive been getting bored, putting in melee, and beating up bowser with peach (and marth and falcon and pichu).

how do i peach

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Lol nonetheless, that Ness was way sick with its YoYo glitches! I love the one where he grabs him from across the stage lol
If you were standing in front of me in real life, I would immediately say "10 bucks if you know the name of the grab!"
once in a while ive been getting bored, putting in melee, and beating up bowser with peach (and marth and falcon and pichu).

how do i peach
Nobody in the state can help you there, Niall. Not even the best in the state.

Fun matches Paul, Erich, Steven, and August. Enjoy the trivia game, Zack. Great fest all around.

My fests >>> every other fest [/sarcasm and arrogance]
inb4 people defend August's

tw1n

Smash Champion
If you were standing in front of me in real life, I would immediately say "10 bucks if you know the name of the grab!

"Nobody in the state can help you there, Niall. Not even the best in the state.
Paul and my bro should be able to help him out. Same with Erich and August actually. they all have pretty good Peach's.

Oh and no, I do not know the name of that grab lol

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
So, I'd like to know that we are actually going to supercon. Whose car are we taking and what time do we leave? It's only like 2 weeks away lol

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
If you were standing in front of me in real life, I would immediately say "10 bucks if you know the name of the grab!"Nobody in the state can help you there, Niall. Not even the best in the state.
Isn't that the thunderjacket glitch?

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Everett, I am disappoint.
nah jk bro you're still pretty cool . . . i guess

David pointed out how Mofo (mind you the same Mofo that was famous for perfectly waveshining Marth on FD years ago) grabbed Hax from across the stage. It's called the Deathline grab. Perhaps this will refresh your memory.

But yes, you are correct, Hax did get hit by the Thunder Jacket once.

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
I want another fest at Neil's since I missed the last one.

Also, how has Penumbra been treating you? >_>

tw1n

Smash Champion

David pointed out how Mofo (mind you the same Mofo that was famous for perfectly waveshining Marth on FD years ago) grabbed Hax from across the stage. It's called the Deathline grab. Perhaps this will refresh your memory.

Lol thanks for the info =D

Edit: Yo Dekar!!! Register for Apex! You only have one more day :( You can do it lol

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)

I love oyu for posting that video. I forgot how awesome it was lol.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
wow the first time I get on today august posts something in the same minute. HI AUGUST WHAT DO I DOWNLOAD COME BACK TO 5V5 I MISS MORGANA <3

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Any plans for today?
Yes.

All right, it's time we give Walker the present that he has always wanted for his whole life . . . supercock SUPERCON!!!

The post I'm modeling everything hereafter by
All is Brawl thread
Tournament Listings thread
Southwest thread
Official Website

Once again, folks, my car is confirmed. This time, I hope people don't flake out like they did for DEVASTATION. It's cheaper, and there's more incentive to go anyway :chuckle:

1. BE AVAILABLE
We will leave Thursday, August 12, at around 5:00 p.m. from my house and return in ABQ on the midnight of Sunday, August, 15. Ask for work off/permission from your parents ASAP. Casey will get me information on the condo soon.

2. HAVE MONEY
We have a $75 sponsorship, and gas costs $85, so I'll pay the remainder. READ: GAS IS FREE!!! :bee::bee:
As for food, I'm expecting that $10-15 per day will work perfectly. Since our schedule means leaving Thursday evening and returning late Sunday night, $40 will easily cover food.
Registration is quite the variable cost, and with the venue fee/console fee climbing, $50 seems like the bare minimum for a weekend pass and your respective tournament entry fee. Right now, the prereg website is down, but keep clicking and don't stop believing until midnight on August 6.
Fuel ($0) + Food ($40) + Fees (~ $50) = $90.00

List of NM Hopefuls:
Molly
Casey
Zman
JT
(all confirmed in Molly's car)

Neil
Nolan (yes, I will give you a ride to the DIA Saturday morning)
Walker
(2 more spots for my car)

Matt?
Bryan?
Niall?
Patrick? (there is SSFIV)
August? (there is SSFIV and BBCS)
Steven? (are you even reading this?)
Erich? (there is melee)
Paul? (there is melee)
Kyle/David? (will you have money leftover after APEX?)
Lewis?
Ronald?

Top Bottom