• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Dekar173

Justice Man
Ok so-

I just recently talked to Jason Montoya (X-Topia/NVGA guy) and he was explaining to me how Supercon has attracted AllisBrawl's attention as a sponsor/advertiser, and he also told me that our Brawl guys will be getting $200 for sponsorship towards Supercon.

If we get 2+ cars, it'll all be going towards paying for gas.

Housing will be free, as I have the condo we stayed in last time.

Gas will be free.

All there is to pay for is entry, as well as food (if there's money left over I think I'll buy a bunch of hotdogs/easy food we can make at the condo).

Not sure what all will be there, but probably their usual bunch of fighters/shooters/smash

Who wants to go?!

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Ok so-

I just recently talked to Jason Montoya (X-Topia/NVGA guy) and he was explaining to me how Supercon has attracted AllisBrawl's attention as a sponsor/advertiser, and he also told me that our Brawl guys will be getting $200 for sponsorship towards Supercon.

Gas will be free.

All there is to pay for is entry, as well as food (if there's money left over I think I'll buy a bunch of hotdogs/easy food we can make at the condo).

Not sure what all will be there, but probably their usual bunch of fighters/shooters/smash

Who wants to go?!
*Screams dibs at the top of his voice*

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Ok so-

Gas will be free.

Who wants to go?!
Stop right there why havent you told me about this :(

also i might not make it to the NM tourney on may 8th....
dont reply to me on this thread lol. rarely troll here

Hmmm, a tourney on the 8th? Man, I'm way behind the times! You're silly Timotee, haha. :p And also, WHEN is Supercon? I might pick up Brawl just for this too. But I may not go anyway, haha. But I would like to know when.

I leave in about three months guys, just to let you know. :dizzy:

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
As for the melee guys saying they'll pick up brawl for it...

I'm like 90% positive there's supposed to be melee at supercon.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
To the left you will see God smiling at you. If you look to the right you will see the famous tourist attraction known as Empty Black Space, an unparalleled masterpiece of impressionism. And if you look directly above, you will see Jeff showing MaNg0 who's boss. [/tour]

i dont even know when it is lol

but for now ill say yeah im goin fo sho, be bringin B_J_ reddawg and yaz if we do mang give me a link to click so that i know when it is
johns

You can all have jobs at the new restaurant I'm going to open. It's got a Satanism theme, and its specialty will be chicken wings and thighs, particularly thighs. It's going to be called Blasfemur.
was this related in any way to Kyle's post count at the time you posted this?

Supercon

our Brawl guys will be getting $200 going towards gas.
Housing will be free
Gas will be free.

Who wants to go?!
Excellent. I'll definitely go, and I guess I could drive, but I doubt that will happen since people don't trust me anyway.
SUPERCON THREAD FOR ALL OF YOU TOO LAZY TO FIND IT.

Random reaction video to crashboards.

Nolan, I will be at the biweekly this Saturday. Expect me to bring all 3 TVs, 2 power strips, my wii (which will hopefully be hacked by then), my laptop, and much much more. I don't have work, but from what I hear, we should start registration/friendlies at noon and start the tournament no later than 3 pm.

August, BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
no ps3 :( how about I borrow it between Thursday and Saturday?

My fest Thursday starts at noon.

Lastly, where's the May 8th tournament? Active Imagination? Is this the one that Doom's showing up to?

Arms

Smash Rookie
I don't think I can go the the biweekly but expect me to be at your fest on Thursday Neil. I will be there at noon to play whatever game until someone who wants to get there *** kicked in SF4
if someone brings it
shows up.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
i don't know where you guys are getting the idea that there is a tourny on the 8th lol
If there's a tournament that day (May 8th), or a Smashfest of sorts, I'd love to attend and give you guys a taste of the New Jersey Smash community (trust me, we aren't all like Inui...at all).
IIRC there will be a small tournament in Nolan's basement on May 8th for Doom *assuming nobody finds a better venue*
If not there could at least be a smashfest at my house...

Dekar173

Justice Man
Ya Zack you should talk to Rob at AI about us using their venue for a tourney on the 8th.

Doom is visiting from Jersey that weekend, but we've been less than organized recently due to smashboards completely falling apart.

@Neil- Jeff too good.

Arms

Smash Rookie
since a lot of people cant make the biweekly on saturday would it be better to make it on friday?
Still probably couldn't go

@Zack I'll play some TvC... But as was said, if someone wants to play SF ill be playing that :chuckle:

Dekar173

Justice Man
Also, Neil, until you find a way to get your wii to start reading Brawl discs, I don't see the point in me hacking it, lol. I AM hacking it, but I just don't see the point.

I guess at least it can emulate :D I'll put SMRPG on here for you.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Also, Neil, until you find a way to get your wii to start reading Brawl discs, I don't see the point in me hacking it, lol. I AM hacking it, but I just don't see the point.

Have him use a backup loader.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
What about a dvd-r? Pretty cheap. Its what I use.

Its only 4 gigs.

Melee is only 1 gig. o.o

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
next time i hit the gym (which will be friday) i'll talk to ai again (as my gym is right next to ai).
You're really proud of this post, aren't you?
since a lot of people cant make the biweekly on saturday would it be better to make it on friday?
doesn't matter to me
Neil, I'll bring my PS3 on thursday and leave it with you for another week.
I'll reward you back by being the best . . . like no one ever was.

Thanks to you, by the end of this summer, I will have played every worthwhile Nintendo game ever. You deserve some gift. Perhaps I'll **** KSizzle in an MM and reward you with the winnings ;)

Also, I murdered SMRPG on Paul's wii. All that's left is getting 100 super jumps :ohwell: It's a nice gesture, but I'm already a tad sick of the game. No need to waste precious space on my wii.
I'm assuming he doesn't have a USB drive that he can use for holding all 6 or w.e gigs of Brawl lol.
All the "6 or w.e gigs of Brawl" need to be on 1 and only 1 USB drive, right? If not, I have tons of 2 GB USB drives with which I can run brawl.

EDIT: I can easily throw 4 GBs on a DVD-R.

Dekar173

Justice Man
4 gigs?

Could've swore I read somewhere that the developers wasted their time and money writing the same data twice onto the Brawl disc.

Link the Brawl iso :O

Now that you've beaten it Neil, you can play the real thing.

tekkie

Smash Master
4 gigs?

Could've swore I read somewhere that the developers wasted their time and money writing the same data twice onto the Brawl disc.

Link the Brawl iso :O

Now that you've beaten it Neil, you can play the real thing.
i thought brawl was a dual layer DVD, in which case neil you'll need some crazy dual-layer 8+ gig dvd.

or break into best buy and steal an external HD

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
http://wiiso.com/showthread.php?t=65705

There it is. I think that is the one I downloaded (: If not I will find it. There are two versions. one for dual layer discs(8 gigs) and one for a single layer disc(4 gigs). I did the single layer disc.

Top Bottom