• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
@Everett - Well, I don't know about consistently. There was the last Mathnasium tournament (which Derek didn't participate in) and the hat tournament (which I didn't participate in). Beyond that, your placings have been kind of erratic. Top placings are generally Casey followed by a rotation of you, Derek, myself and Walker. In any case, you best be coming to AZ :D

@Derek - Drunks and Children by the Mighty Mighty Bosstones - http://new.music.yahoo.com/mighty-mighty-bosstones/tracks/drunks-and-children--702791

and

Lightsabre *********** Blues by Mclusky - http://new.music.yahoo.com/mclusky/tracks/lightsabre-***********-blues--2032653

To everyone talking about anime: FLCL > the giant mechs and saucer-eyed school girls you people are getting off to.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
It doesn't matter now. I am stuck in Utah, and i will be for a while. I am going to AZ.

FLCL is alright. I don't like it personally, but I can see why there would be a lot of love for it. My personal favorites for animes are just the ones I watched when I was younger, just because I feel like they mean a little bit of stuff to me.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol that vid was pretty funny. I saw the same clip dubbed over to bash 360's redringing.

In n OUT!!!! WOOOHHHH!!! Forget eating at flagstaff! We are going straight to in n out lol =]

Dekar173

Justice Man
I ****ing KNEW you would recommend a Mighty Mighty Bostones song. lmao :p Sexy music is-

Yo meme, I'm really sick of you and I'ma let you finish, but Wilford Brimley is the greatest meme of all time

Anyway, yes, Tucson has some winnerific food.

@Bryan- I'd be willing to sacrifice time spent in Tucson in order to take A) another person B) a more fuel efficient car and C) YOU to a real oos tourney ;P

Sounds like a deal to me, I'm sure Matt and JT are down too, and Tekkie already said he's up for it. =O

tw1n

Smash Champion
Good deal Dekar =] Now answer my posts please?!
Wobbles left his power cable to his recording station at Mollys! Did you guys find it?

Woot friday is right around the corner. I wanna smash it up now tho =[

Who is gonna xfer into my car for the trip? We can rotate it out so Steven gets a break from diving too.

Yo Walker... Magikarp owned that guys team

AHHHH RAGE!!!!!

hahaha

Incorrect, In-N-Out Burger and Chipotle will be the choices that will win. **** it does that make me extremely happy that Tucson has both :D
Nadda. I agree with Kyle, Village inn at least because Denny's "R***ed and murdered everyone I love and care about" (Goldylocks :p) and as far as In-N-Out is concerned, I personally did not see what the big deal was. I got stomach cramps from that ****ing place and missed most of genesis because of it :( I am boycotting In-N-Out (personally) because as Xelic said "If this is not the best God**** burger I have ever had, I'm going to murder someone" (Or something to that effect)

Chew Chew.

"Its a ****ing burger."

Im not going off on you Dekar, far from my friend, I was just very disappointing with In-N-Out. Maybe it was the epicurean hype, but it failed.

Anyway--to the point. This goes to our veggy in NM--I think Niel should strive to be a barbarian when he grows up. Heres why:

A roommate went into town to get interviewed at a private school to be a teacher. While she was waiting she had a chance to speak to a six year old boy who said his family is veggetarian.

When asked what he wants to be when he grows up, his response was, word for word:

"I wanna be a barbarian!"

"Why?"

"Because they can eat meat!"

Sorry for the long post, but this boy is my new hero.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
LEWIS!!!! you havent been on in years lol.

And that wasnt a long post >.>

But I agree about In n Out being overhyped for me. its like what JD said in the first episode of Scrubs when he mentioned something along the lines of "Have you ever been so excited for something, and everyone keeps telling you how great it is and how you look forward to it for so long, that when you finally get it you're so disappointed it hurts? Maybe because you over hyped it." Of course he was talking about being a doctor...

Although I won't lie, In n Out shakes were good lol

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
that intentional double post could get you a warning :p
I don't care, it's not enough to get me banned. And come on, it's a social room.

I am obviously 2nd best. I'm just so good at this game.
[/url]
You are in contention. Or sounds like were, seeing as you want to quit.

Goyf, I was consistently placing above everyone but Dekar.(Won in one tourney, but that was a fluke. Casey is clearly the best player by a very large margin.). I don't think there was much debate over 1st and 2nd.
See Stevens post.

@Everett - Well, I don't know about consistently. There was the last Mathnasium tournament (which Derek didn't participate in) and the hat tournament (which I didn't participate in). Beyond that, your placings have been kind of erratic. Top placings are generally Casey followed by a rotation of you, Derek, myself and Walker. In any case, you best be coming to AZ :D
Pretty much this. I'd also include Pual/Davis if they still played brawl.

Tekkie, Bring your triwing screwdriver!

Overgames

Smash Rookie
So Derek swapped the cable we had for the cable he had because he believed it was his. Now we have just a random cable, it may be Wobbles. Casey's just going to take it to AZ with you guys anywho, so you guys can sleep easy now. =]
It was mine. I think I grabbed wobbles cable by accident the first time. :urg:

You are in contention. Or sounds like were, seeing as you want to quit.
I was kidding, and I could honestly give less of a **** who's considered "2nd best".

Also, read my full post and suggest some music. :D

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I was kidding, and I could honestly give less of a **** who's considered "2nd best".

Also, read my full post and suggest some music. :D
Why are you so angry about this?

I have horrible taste in music, so no. I already did read the whole post. You are making a brawl combo video with Dekar, and wanted us to give music suggestions.

Seriously Derek, Why the F*** are you so angry about this?

Overgames

Smash Rookie

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Hokey everett. It wasn't ment to be a competition, or to bash you, it was ment to state that NM is too good for power rankings.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I am listening to this MV Gee song and it is freaking me out. I feel like my ears are on ecstasy.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol so much NM ANGER!!! going on but at the same time not really. That post cracked me up lewis. But it was Scar who said that about the burger.

And the barbarian thing was freakin win!

Ok so ya Neils 2-3 blah blah. Everyone have cash ready too ya ya...

So quick funny thing. In my public speaking class my teacher always emphasizes the attention getter is the most important. He showed us a video of one guys speech and this was his opener.

"Imagine it is a warm and sunny day. You are playing short stop at your little league game. You see the next person coming up to bat and you start taunting him. 'Easy out' you cry. 'He runs like a girl'. 'Everybody scoot in no worries'.

Then you hear a small commotion in the stands. You look over and your father is dead! The battrs father started complaining about the taunting and your father and him started a fight."

That was a way effed up one but it cracks me up every time I think of it.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
I don't care to get into your little anime squabbles, but I will say that all shonen anime/manga sucks and you should be shot for watching it or reading it. That includes One Piece, which despite having a unique cast and interesting plot, is still the same exact thing as Bleach, Naruto, or Inuyasha. Suck a ****..

As for music, I always thought that Cake's Arco Arena was pretty ****ing awesome for a combo video. It's pretty chill, but it's sick. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNxM-YL2g44

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I didn't like it, I went back to reliable Firefox.

tw1n

Smash Champion
For a combo video I actually always wanted to use Tran Siberian Orchestra because its a higher paced beat with some sleightly awesome slower parts that would be great for a black and white like thing done in slow mo. Despite being more christmas oriented the beat = awesome

Carol of the bells
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eraACLGKZuE

Wizards of winter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf1bA1HQjX8
Oh ya Kyle watch this vid. Its actually pretty good for the first good chunk

Those are just my meaningless votes =]

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Actually, I don't think he needs to swap for car sexy. Just ride with the twins' car so as to have four people in each car. We can switch it up further at some stopping point on the road when it comes time for a third driver.

Top Bottom