• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Dekar173

Justice Man
I'd find it hilarious if during all of our 0-death clips we had "Can't touch this" playing. A 0-death montage or something, with parachute pantsman playing in the background. :D

Also, this is by no means MY video. The only thing I'm contributing is footage and organization of replays/codes. SO, if everyone would be awesome and PM me the text in their text file (your CODES so we can actually WATCH the replays!) that would be perfect.

Email me your text files for all of your Brawl codes at dekar173@gmail.com and I'll compile them and send em over to Derek (ERICH!!!! I NEED THAT RECORDING JUNK!@!212)

tl;dr email me your text files containing your Brawl anti-trip, infinite replay, etc. codes so I can organize that for Derek.

@twins- Molly has the cord hiding somewhere at her house, we'll be sure to grab that and bring it to AZ :)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Whats the new deck that you created?(Send over pm so it can't be googled lol.)

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I sent you the PM. I also want to try awesomeness archmage ascension, but I don't think it will work because of how long it takes to start working. (archmage also makes them think I'm playing howling mine though :))

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
I know tons of people will be calling me tomorrow, so I'll say it now - don't call me until 1:30 p.m., that's when class ends. Here's a quick checklist for everyone:

1. Bring a sleeping bag and pillow. You don't want to piss off Dark Shifter and Wobbles, do you?
2. Bring toiletries. That means a towel/toothbrush/toothpaste/soap/shampoo/extra clothing/deodorant/what-have-you.
listen up all you [doubtful] mother ****ers [I'm bringing deodorant because] that's the name of the game.
3. Bring money, lots of it. We're taking care of gas first.
4. Bring a controller. If you have space in your bag, bring a console with cables and a copy of whichever game for a reduced venue fee (hopefully).
5. Bring on-car entertainment. that means some music for everyone, a game boy, a DS, what-have-you.
6. Bring jokes and stories so the trip is more memorable, mirite?

That's all I have. Also, I'm not cut out to be a barbarian.

Your totally cut out to be a barbarian. :-P

And as for songs...when/if I come up with an idea, and the motivation hits me, i will look up songs and send links--But there might be the orchestra metallica that could work--no vocals, just orchestra being awesome(when metallica didn't...well...yeah. not worth mentioning)

Anyway, I was going to suggest Otherworld by Black mages(The opening/Jecht Theme song in FFX) this morning, but then I saw "I killed Mufasa" and was like "WTF!? EPIC!!!" then realized its taken T_))

tekkie

Smash Master
Email me your text files for all of your Brawl codes at dekar173@gmail.com and I'll compile them and send em over to Derek (ERICH!!!! I NEED THAT RECORDING JUNK!@!212)
you can have my sexy code set if you want it but i'm pretty sure i'm the only one who has copies of my .bin files and i don't even know what most of them are.

edit: I forgot; for music you could consider something by Machinae Supremacy. Everyone loves chip metal.

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
OK!!!
I can GOOO!!! *confetti falls from the clouds*

I don't have to edit til sunday, so i'm good to go.

Now, who doesn't have a doubles partner? I needz one.

Now time to listen to some of these music suggestions....are we just gona interlace everything together in the vid, or are there going to be "sections", like "This is Zman ******, now this is vids of Ax ******, etc.". If that was the case, we could just pic our own "theme" music...

Also, do I need to send you my codes? You should just get them when you're here, lulz. Also, let Molly make the video, since Pinnacle *****.

Also, time to listen to some of these songs, and recommned some of my own music.

Also, @AZ/CO: Are we gona have gay hats to wear? This NEEDS to happen.

Also, *****.
EDIT:

@Sinz/Eric: Just wondering, which one of you has my Watchmen movie? >_>

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
As for songs *doesn't care about double posting*-

METAL (for sending the message that their **** is about to get ****ed when they mess with NM. They'll get the idea)

Fuer Frei-Rammstein (hell, any Rammstein song)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igWN6iPxmno

Bodies-Drowing Pool-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO_QntXc-c4

Shut Your Mouth-Pain-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2gXMRoPv_M

COOL STUFF (cuz we be cool, yo)

Pleather for Breakfast-No More Heroes (or many of the NMH songs would do) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TX9o6uZnEs

Electro Rock-Sworn-(i HIGHLY recommend everyone sees me and try and tell me this isn't awesome) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EZhZ5YWa_4

Fire on High-ELO-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3Ufx7SmZ5E

IF WE WANT TO HAVE A SONG THAT DOESN'T BELONG, BUT IS AWESOME ANYWAYS.

A Distance There IS-Theater of Tragedy-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1ReF-IlzxU

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
I know tons of people will be calling me tomorrow, so I'll say it now - don't call me until 1:30 p.m., that's when class ends. Here's a quick checklist for everyone:

1. Bring a sleeping bag and pillow. You don't want to piss off Dark Shifter and Wobbles, do you?
2. Bring toiletries. That means a towel/toothbrush/toothpaste/soap/shampoo/extra clothing/deodorant/what-have-you.
listen up all you [doubtful] mother ****ers [I'm bringing deodorant because] that's the name of the game.

3. Bring money, lots of it. We're taking care of gas first.
4. Bring a controller. If you have space in your bag, bring a console with cables and a copy of whichever game for a reduced venue fee (hopefully).
5. Bring on-car entertainment. that means some music for everyone, a game boy, a DS, what-have-you.
6. Bring jokes and stories so the trip is more memorable, mirite?

That's all I have. Also, I'm not cut out to be a barbarian.
bolded and underlined for pleeeeeeeeeeeeease don't forget that stuff. i got 2 coutches, 1 chair, and the rest is floor space. should be epicnesssssssss

oh and for your combo vid, use this song for the beging/outtakes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeJPj72DEpo

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Ok, so what are the exact housing arrangements? Ax's car is staying at JT's aunt's place, and the rest of us are staying at Rob's? Basically I need the address of wherever we're staying to put into the GPS.

Edit: And I guess some of us are staying with Bryce as well?

tekkie

Smash Master
Also, @AZ/CO: Are we gona have gay hats to wear? This NEEDS to happen.
I'm bringing my Scribblenauts preorder hat. It's rapesauce.

Also, Scribblenauts is ****ing awesome.

Also wherever the car I'm in plans on crashing, I call floor space. six square feet plz

and i'm not burning any CDs because i have none and the vast majority of my music is electronic.

jt!!!

Smash Rookie
the one with the vortex? black hole on the other side.
*Dekar*

I tried using a wave and putting the guy on a surfboard but he's a *** and didn't ride the wave but instead just died :( Blackhole on the other side though? You'd think that would... you know, crush him once he passes the event horizon lol.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Heh...I always laugh when I see someone post an emoticon where you have to click "more" to actually access, as far as I know *cough Zack cough*
I think to myself - this person was willing enough to put in the extra few seconds of time to distinguish this extra smilie from all the other smilies which represent the more obvious and more common emotions people experience every day...Maybe if I want to make my posts less dull and more vibrant, I should add some smilies :lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick:

I used to do that, but I digress.
lol I love that phrase

I'll see you all tomorrow afternoon. SOMEONE BRING A COPY OF MELEE. If you wanna bring brawl bring another wii so we can throw in some smashing while we're waiting for everyone else to show up. We'll probably stop by somewhere as we leave for a 2 to 3 pm snack anyway.

jt!!!

Smash Rookie
okay, to my car if u has i pods i have connector thingy so bring it for music. Secondly black hole i must try.

Finally AZ an Mormans prepare (not saying all people from Utah are morman but making a rough generalization).

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
MAJOR EDIT:

**** >_<

There's a high probability that I have to go to UNM on Friday, right after high school's done at 1:30 pm :( I forgot this **** in my schedule - and I'm really sorry - so I probably won't be done until around 2:15 at UNM. Either I get a ride with someone else in that area back to my house (going back east) and delay leaving till around ~3:30 pm or we change the meeting place entirely.

**** >_<

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
MAJOR EDIT:

**** >_<

There's a high probability that I have to go to UNM on Friday, right after high school's done at 1:30 pm :( I forgot this **** in my schedule - and I'm really sorry - so I probably won't be done until around 2:15 at UNM. Either I get a ride with someone else in that area back to my house (going back east) and delay leaving till around ~3:30 pm or we change the meeting place entirely.

**** >_<
Nolan isn't done until 2:00 anyway, so it's not an especially big deal. Just meet up with Nolan and myself after class and we'll head to your house.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
MORE MAJOR EDIT:

Well fuck.
I've made the unfortunate last minute decision to ditch the OOS tournament. It's not because I can't go, but upon further inspection on my schedule, the undue stress I'm going to put on myself after the weekend to "catch up" is simply not worth it. I'm sorry :(

I would recommend finding a completely different rendezvous location. And I just arranged for another ride home, so it's okay. Once again, I'm sorry..this is a dick move, I know :(

EDIT: Kyle, I'm particularly sorry to you. But I'm certain you'll find a teammate. Besides, you're a magical twin.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Ya, **** move honestly. Considering it's all probably stuff you already knew about, and that you had known about for a while, and you knew you were planning on going on this trip... You could have probably let us know some time other than the night before :D

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Neil I really really think you should re consider. Take some school stuff with you and do it on the ride home (I am).

Molly basically summed it up bro.

And dont be especially sorry to me, I can find a teams partner out there. Or I just wont do teams.

Now gas is going to cost more >.<

NEW MEETING PLACE

Should we try to meet at UNM everyone? Its closer to the interstate so it's much easier to get to. If someone needs a ride to UNM or where ever we choose to meet, text my brother or myself tomorrow. I'll be at work from 11-1:30 so I'll be able to meet you guys at unm close to 2.

As well if we do meet at UNM, where would you want to meet? Frontier?

We have to figure all this out now and within the course of a night.

Top Bottom