• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New metaknight technique

Niko_K

Smash Master
M2K showed me this at CH4 as well as a bunch of others. I know Peach can do it to DDD as well, but the timing is ridiculously strict.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
M2K knows all hahaha.

But seriously, I'm not sure what use this has. I mean, it kinda puts D3 into a bad position, and it could probably kill if you land that nair at high percentages, but other than that, it doesn't look too useful.

Niko_K

Smash Master
M2K knows all hahaha.

But seriously, I'm not sure what use this has. I mean, it kinda puts D3 into a bad position, and it could probably kill if you land that nair at high percentages, but other than that, it doesn't look too useful.
Since DeDeDe's fastest aerial starts on frame 6 (B-Air), characters like MK and Peach can N-Air DeDeDe before he can do anything.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
The chances of this happening are slim, considering the DDDs should know this and avoid standing right next to the ledge, but whatever.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
As if MK needed to become even more broken...

Still, I doubt it would see much use in competitive play. It's very situational

Faab

Smash Ace
The chances of this happening are slim, considering the DDDs should know this and avoid standing right next to the ledge, but whatever.
To be honest there are plenty of chanses that this might happen. Either by forcing them to go to the ledge by putting pressure on them, when they are already hanging on the ledge and press A to attack or like shown in the vid a normal get up from the ledge.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
To be honest there are plenty of chanses that this might happen. Either by forcing them to go to the ledge by putting pressure on them, when they are already hanging on the ledge and press A to attack or like shown in the vid a normal get up from the ledge.
I'm not going to be dumb and argue about this like I know everything about these characters , but can you honestly imagine a DDD shield rolling towards the edge, despite anything MK is doing, if they know about this? Its not worth them risking their stock to try to get out of MK's face.

And the attack from edge thing basically just limits the DDD. It just means no normal/attack get up. That helps MK enough to get more of an advantage though, which is good (I think?). Well at least for the MK.

But this tactic does limit DDD, and I suppose that should be its main purpose.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
darn meta knight for beeing so good >.<
Darn you little ball of priority!
Darn you!! Darn y..*gets dragged away by MK mains*

TEECO

Smash Ace
Effective, but being able to use that in a real match in which the D3 is actually fighting, is almost useless.

the_real_toad

Smash Cadet
Anyway, can't Marth do an upB on someone as well? This could be a lulzy way for characters to just bust out their fastest kill moves ...

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'm not going to be dumb and argue about this like I know everything about these characters , but can you honestly imagine a DDD shield rolling towards the edge, despite anything MK is doing, if they know about this? Its not worth them risking their stock to try to get out of MK's face.

And the attack from edge thing basically just limits the DDD. It just means no normal/attack get up. That helps MK enough to get more of an advantage though, which is good (I think?). Well at least for the MK.

But this tactic does limit DDD, and I suppose that should be its main purpose.
So it becomes a way of limiting DDD's options. Just because something doesn't happen doesn't mean it doesn't affect the match. Good DDDs are now easier for MKs to predict.

Omis

my friends were skinny

Deoxys

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1AySHq7a1Y

Usefull moments @ 0:52 1:05 1:55 2:13 5:52 7:00

Edit: **** you americans for not letting europe know!!!
*watches 1:55* *watches again* *watches again* Umm, what is this new useful moments on 1:55? I can't possibly imagine what you're talking about.

What's there to tell Europe? We figured they knew that you could slide off an edge after grabbing, and that MK's up-B can stagespike a recovering character.

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
If I recall correctly, I saw a couple comments about this within a month or so of the game coming out. I myself have done this (on that level, don't remember the character) and got a suicide kill with the up-throw. I wasn't able to repeat it, though...couldn't figure out the conditions and didn't feel like messing with it too much.

Top Bottom